PDA

View Full Version : Help with protein/nutrition issues please

vtop1
04-03-2014, 08:03 AM
Hi all,
I am 58 and train 4x per week. My goal is to be as fit and strong as I can, not to mirror Arnold. I am not a beginner. I am trying to follow the "1 gram per pound" rule for protein intake. I have been using ON Whey Isolate. It seems that I have gained more body fat by sticking to the protein rule. My average diet is this;
4 eggs - 28 grams
Chicken breast- 50 grams
Post workout shake- 30 grams
2 hamburgers on 1 bun - 50 grams
That is a sample day. I am 160 lbs.
My workout consists of 2 days arms and legs and 2 for chest and back. 16-20 sets. 8-10 reps. When I upped my protein intake, that is when I noticed increased body fat. The only thing I can think of is the calorie count. But how could that be if the recommendation is about 2500/day and what I listed above only is about 1800?
Please help.

Wayne Evans
04-04-2014, 09:39 AM
I have been using ON Whey Isolate. It seems that I have gained more body fat by sticking to the protein rule. My average diet is this;

Well....I'm no expert and I'm only good for a bump...

I've never used your brand of protein but the protein brand I'd used for some time did have carbs added to the mix.
IIRC up to 20-30 grams of carbs.

I'd suggest revisiting the label and adjust accordingly to your caloric intake and/or consider a cardio routine.

That's my take on it....carry on...