PDA

View Full Version : Question on the Rep system

bodyhard
04-03-2014, 04:42 AM
I was banned for 3 months, I tried to rep someone yesterday and I got the error you have given out too many reps in 24 hours or something like that, so how can that be? I've haven't repped anyone in 3 months.

acrawlingchaos
04-03-2014, 04:48 AM
your account is literally frozen when you are banned. If you had given out all of your reps for the day before you were banned, say within 5 hours of the days start, you would still have to wait 19 hours once unbanned for the days quota to refill.

GreenWave1
04-03-2014, 05:55 AM
Repped.

:D

cowboybiker
04-03-2014, 06:22 AM
Why is it when you're banned, they still want payment for the Platinum account?

jeffaus
04-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Why is it when you're banned, they still want payment for the Platinum account?Its the same as all those peeps that join a Gym for 12 months and never go. The gym still wants their money even though you aren't there.

Karl_Hungus
04-03-2014, 09:09 AM
your account is literally frozen when you are banned. If you had given out all of your reps for the day before you were banned, say within 5 hours of the days start, you would still have to wait 19 hours once unbanned for the days quota to refill.

Yeah, but he has been unbanned for a few days now. :confused:

Oceanside
04-03-2014, 09:15 AM
I tried to rep chaos yesterday and I got a message saying "acrawlingchaos is a mutt" .

RT1957
04-03-2014, 09:23 AM
The rep system sucks...I should be able to rep anyone I want at anytime. Since I can't and it decides when I can I've stopped trying to give out reps. I don't want to just hand out reps to people I don't know so I can rep the people I do know. That seems to be the way it's setup. So all my friends here never get any reps from me anymore because the system doesn't let me. WTF....I also don't neg rep anyone...I don't have time for negatives...except when talking about giving out reps because I'm tempered by a computer program. Why would it matter if I repped my friends everyday for the support they show.....

Can I neg rep the rep system....Because I'd do that right now all day long :D

doughnutgut
04-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Bodyhard.

Just rep me when you can buddy.

I don't mind waiting man. :D

JOHN GARGANI
04-03-2014, 11:53 AM
repped...lol....this site has a lot of weird twists and turns....

MecGen
04-03-2014, 02:57 PM
So all my friends here never get any reps from me anymore because the system doesn't let me. WTF

I think that's the idea :) if not the same two people will rep each other to awesomeness...

Cass40
04-03-2014, 03:10 PM
your account is literally frozen when you are banned.

How can it be literally frozen?

Edit: never mind, just looked from the dictionary that literal doesn't mean what it used to mean anymore. Esl student error..

acrawlingchaos
04-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Yeah, but he has been unbanned for a few days now.I was just guessing. I have no idea wtf is going on.

I tried to rep chaos yesterday and I felt a tingling sensation deep within my loins.Me to OS... me too.

How can it be literally frozen?

Edit: never mind, just looked from the dictionary that literal doesn't mean what it used to mean anymore. Esl student error..But the definition of frozen hasn't changed.

freeze [freez]
verb (used without object), froze, froˇzen, freezˇing.
1. to become hardened into ice or into a solid body; change from the liquid to the solid state by loss of heat.
2. to become hard or stiffened because of loss of heat, as objects containing moisture: Meat will freeze in a few hours.
3. to suffer the effects of intense cold; have the sensation of extreme cold: We sat there freezing until the heat came on.
4. to be of the degree of cold at which water freezes: It may freeze tonight.
5. to lose warmth of feeling; be stunned or chilled with fear, shock, etc.: My heart froze when she told me the news.
6. to become immobilized through fear, shock, etc.: When he got in front of the audience he froze.
7. to stop suddenly and remain motionless; halt: I froze in my tracks.
8. to become obstructed by the formation of ice, as pipes: Our basement water pipes often freeze in winter.
9. to die or be injured because of frost or cold.
10. (of a screw, nail, or the like) to become rigidly fixed in place, as from rust or dirt.
11. to become fixed to something by or as if by the action of frost.
12. to become unfriendly, secretive, or aloof (often followed by up ): He froze at such a personal question.
13. to become temporarily inoperable; cease to function (often followed by up ): The new software made my computer freeze.

mcbourque
04-03-2014, 03:48 PM
freeze [freez]
verb (used without object), froze, froˇzen, freezˇing.
1. to become hardened into ice or into a solid body; change from the liquid to the solid state by loss of heat.
2. to become hard or stiffened because of loss of heat, as objects containing moisture: Meat will freeze in a few hours.
3. to suffer the effects of intense cold; have the sensation of extreme cold: We sat there freezing until the heat came on.
4. to be of the degree of cold at which water freezes: It may freeze tonight.
5. to lose warmth of feeling; be stunned or chilled with fear, shock, etc.: My heart froze when she told me the news.
6. to become immobilized through fear, shock, etc.: When he got in front of the audience he froze.
7. to stop suddenly and remain motionless; halt: I froze in my tracks.
8. to become obstructed by the formation of ice, as pipes: Our basement water pipes often freeze in winter.
9. to die or be injured because of frost or cold.
10. (of a screw, nail, or the like) to become rigidly fixed in place, as from rust or dirt.
11. to become fixed to something by or as if by the action of frost.
12. to become unfriendly, secretive, or aloof (often followed by up ): He froze at such a personal question.
13. to become temporarily inoperable; cease to function (often followed by up ): The new software made my computer freeze.

You forgot one:
Frozen:
14. A movie. That all my students are obsessed about. To the point of randomly signing "let it go, let it go" in class ;)

RT1957
04-03-2014, 04:22 PM
I think that's the idea :) if not the same two people will rep each other to awesomeness...
If repping actually had some real value I could see the need to temper it. If I like the work someone does or says something I appreciate what difference in the big picture does it make....none....The rep is a way for me to say Good job.....real simple so instead I say to them good job in their journals because that's where I spend 99.9999999999999999999999999999999% of my time on the site.

Juggertha
04-05-2014, 07:59 AM
Don't rep, just ninja kiss!!

http://i.imgur.com/lbezdas.gif

discdoggie
04-05-2014, 10:30 AM
People live and die by those things.

cowboybiker
04-05-2014, 10:38 AM
People live and die by those things.

I would trade them all for some descent bacon wrapped corndogs

Bando
04-05-2014, 11:13 AM
this site has a lot of weird twists and turns....

You can say that again.

look at some of the comments on this page:

http://blog.bodybuilding.com/BodySpaceAdmin/2010/12/31/bodyspace_photo_guidelines_revision/