PDA

View Full Version : Son of Ghana Immigrants Accepted to All Ivy League Schools

Streetbull
04-01-2014, 09:28 AM
http://www.voanews.com/content/son-of-ghana-immigrants-accepted-to-all-ivy-league-schools/1883829.html

"A U.S. high school student who is the son of immigrants from Ghana has accomplished the rare feat of being accepted to all eight of the prestigious "Ivy League" universities.

Seventeen-year-old Kwasi Enin found out recently that all of the universities, among the most selective in the United States, had accepted his admissions applications.

In an interview with the New York Daily News, he said he decided to apply to all eight schools because he figured "it would better the chances of getting into one."

The Ivy League schools include Harvard, Princeton and Yale. Their acceptance rates run as low as 5.9 percent.

Enin, an aspiring physician, has not decided which school he will attend."

If he had been the son of British immigrants or Japanese immigrants, would this have been news?

Political correctness FTW!!

VTheKing
04-01-2014, 09:32 AM
If he had been the son of British immigrants or Japanese immigrants, would this have been news?

...really, OP?

only in the R/P a cool story (bro) like that would be twisted into a negative

goody1
04-01-2014, 09:34 AM
http://www.voanews.com/content/son-of-ghana-immigrants-accepted-to-all-ivy-league-schools/1883829.html

"A U.S. high school student who is the son of immigrants from Ghana has accomplished the rare feat of being accepted to all eight of the prestigious "Ivy League" universities.

Seventeen-year-old Kwasi Enin found out recently that all of the universities, among the most selective in the United States, had accepted his admissions applications.

In an interview with the New York Daily News, he said he decided to apply to all eight schools because he figured "it would better the chances of getting into one."

The Ivy League schools include Harvard, Princeton and Yale. Their acceptance rates run as low as 5.9 percent.

Enin, an aspiring physician, has not decided which school he will attend."

Thats a hell of an accomplishment. I'm sure it would've made the news in some capacity no matter where the parents came from.

OP are you really trying to make this into a race baiting thread?

Streetbull
04-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Thats a hell of an accomplishment. I'm sure it would've made the news in some capacity no matter where the parents came from.

Let's assume that the raw probability for each school is .06 for any applicants. Therefore, the chance of doing what he did is (.06) ^ 8.

Yeah...:rolleyes:

Politically correct admissions committees all came to the same conclusion = 1 - .000000001679616 = .9999999999....

VTheKing
04-01-2014, 10:04 AM
Let's assume that the raw probability for each school is .06 for any applicants. Therefore, the chance of doing what he did is (.06) ^ 8.

Politically correct admissions committees all came to the same conclusion = 1 - .000000001679616 = .9999999999....

An impressive candidate at one Ivy League school is also likely to be a lot more attractive to the rest of the lot, the same way a top-tier programmer who gets extended an offer by Google would be a lot more likely to also get offers from Facebook, Amazon, etc. - contingent on actually applying to all other companies. Still unlikely to be accepted to all of them, but certainly not outside of the realms of probability... which is why it's a story in the first place.

But leave it to you to attribute a very impressive accomplishment to "Political Correctness"... lol. Just say what you really feel instead of coming off like a goddamned idiot.

3stripes
04-01-2014, 10:04 AM
...really, OP?

This x100

mehdi84
04-01-2014, 10:07 AM
An impressive candidate at one Ivy League school is also likely to be a lot more attractive to the rest of the lot, the same way a top-tier programmer who gets extended an offer by Google would be a lot more likely to also get offers from Facebook, Amazon, etc. - contingent on actually applying to all other companies. Still unlikely to be accepted to all of them, but certainly not outside of the realms of probability... which is why it's a story in the first place.

But leave it to you to attribute a very impressive accomplishment to "Political Correctness"... lol. Just say what you really feel instead of coming off like a goddamned idiot.
Can confirm, I get bombarded with offers from Google, Amazon AWS and recently Facebook since they opened their Boston offices.

3stripes
04-01-2014, 10:08 AM

Of course, it's only 3 years till the elections. We gotta get the GOP voice out there!!!

Streetbull
04-01-2014, 10:18 AM
LOL...pointing out that the guy's family is from Ghana isn't PC bullsh!t?

LOL...schools that get boatloads of applicants with perfect ACT/SAT scores and every other imaginable accomplishment and the guy being black and 2nd generation from Africa had nadda to do with it?

Well, maybe he was so far above all those other candidates that he could walk on water.

ROFLMAO!!!

Spartan5364
04-01-2014, 10:19 AM
Let's go black man!!!

NeoKantian
04-01-2014, 10:26 AM
...really, OP?

lol. Only in the R/P.

inb4 it's only because of affirmative action

goody1
04-01-2014, 10:28 AM
lol. Only in the R/P.

inb4 it's only because of affirmative action

Nevermind him scoring a 2250 on his SAT

jbball92
04-01-2014, 10:29 AM
now lets see his scores compared to other candidates.

Spartan5364
04-01-2014, 10:31 AM
ill just leave this here

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CipaqEg6Eyw/TznUCVg9CzI/AAAAAAAAIi4/30kcHErYcd4/s1600/medschool.jpg

Streetbull
04-01-2014, 10:35 AM
Nevermind him scoring a 2250 on his SAT

That's actually not very good for an Ivy. They get tons of people with scores like that or higher.

Dave22reborn
04-01-2014, 10:36 AM
ill just leave this here

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CipaqEg6Eyw/TznUCVg9CzI/AAAAAAAAIi4/30kcHErYcd4/s1600/medschool.jpg

Most of them become nurses, relax there guy.

Spartan5364
04-01-2014, 10:38 AM
Most of them become nurses, relax there guy.

wut

goody1
04-01-2014, 10:38 AM
LOL at the posters in here. Many of you went off the deep end when the media turned the Martin/Zimmerman trial into nothing but a race issue (rightfully so) and here you are doing the same thing.
Why not just admit that its a great accomplishment and move on.

Do you blame him for taking advantage of programs that are available to him? If so, I expect you blame the wealthy for taking advantage of tax loopholes available to them?

Streetbull
04-01-2014, 10:39 AM
ill just leave this here

I hope the people on those committees get operated on by doctors who got in because of political correctness.

"Let's see...I cut right here, right? Right? Whoops!!!"

Streetbull
04-01-2014, 10:41 AM
LOL at the posters in here. Many of you went off the deep end when the media turned the Martin/Zimmerman trial into nothing but a race issue (rightfully so) and here you are doing the same thing.
Why not just admit that its a great accomplishment and move on.

Do you blame him for taking advantage of programs that are available to him? If so, I expect you blame the wealthy for taking advantage of tax loopholes available to them?

Suppose your son or daughter got bumped from their dream school because of political correctness?

goody1
04-01-2014, 10:44 AM
Suppose your son or daughter got bumped from their dream school because of political correctness?
Life isnt fair. Never has been never will.

Did my supposed son or daughter apply to all 8 IVY league schools in order to increase their chances like this kid did?

VTheKing
04-01-2014, 11:00 AM
LOL...pointing out that the guy's family is from Ghana isn't PC bullsh!t?

LOL...schools that get boatloads of applicants with perfect ACT/SAT scores and every other imaginable accomplishment and the guy being black and 2nd generation from Africa had nadda to do with it?

Well, maybe he was so far above all those other candidates that he could walk on water.

ROFLMAO!!!

I can't believe how much of a sad sack you are. Do you look for stories of kids doing well out there and try to find as many things gone right for them to try to downplay them?

Here, a kid who graduated from Berkeley with a STEM double major when he was 18 years old and is now a scientist and entrepreneur. Must've been all that coddling from professors and investors pushing him because he's brown!!!!1111 Go, make a thread about it.

http s://newscenter.berkeley.edu/2013/05/09/university-medalist-ritankar-das/

JoshSP1985
04-01-2014, 11:05 AM
How would this have even made the news unless someone in his family "made it news"

Would the universities know he applied to each other?

goody1
04-01-2014, 11:09 AM
How would this have even made the news unless someone in his family "made it news"

Would the universities know he applied to each other?

The school may have had something to do with it. Its quite an accomplisment for the high school to. Then again I am just speculating

leafs43
04-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Truth be told....

If this was done by a mexican every lib in the country would be using it as an excuse to allow illegal immigration.

NeoKantian
04-01-2014, 11:12 AM
I can't believe how much of a sad sack you are. Do you look for stories of kids doing well out there and try to find as many things gone right for them to try to downplay them?

Here, a kid who graduated from Berkeley with a STEM double major when he was 18 years old and is now a scientist and entrepreneur. Must've been all that coddling from professors and investors pushing him because he's brown!!!!1111 Go, make a thread about it.

http s://newscenter.berkeley.edu/2013/05/09/university-medalist-ritankar-das/
Pretty clear this kid rode the race card to the top

"Give me an A or I'll report you as RACIST!!!!"

Another affirmative action junkie.

ace_gauntlit
04-01-2014, 11:20 AM
Omg!! It's on voice of amurica, the biggest news network out there!! It made "the news"!!!!!!

Those damn libs!
Political correctness hurrrrr!!!

T150
04-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Pretty sure African immigrants are one of the highest educated groups in the US.

Keseff
04-01-2014, 11:28 AM
ill just leave this here

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CipaqEg6Eyw/TznUCVg9CzI/AAAAAAAAIi4/30kcHErYcd4/s1600/medschool.jpgWhy are Asians so low?

BEATINGU
04-01-2014, 11:37 AM
Have they published his GPA and SAT scores? I'm curious if he's a genius, or was given an affirmative action boost

NetherRealm
04-01-2014, 11:38 AM
Just when you think the R/P can't sink any lower an accomplishment like this is written off as hurr-durr liberal-***** lovin American is up to their old tricks again. Anyway congrats to that guy, I'm sure he's very happy and feels a great sense of accomplishment pulling off this amazing feat.

goody1
04-01-2014, 11:39 AM
Have they published his GPA and SAT scores? I'm curious if he's a genius, or was given an affirmative action boost

SAT was 2250

KennyWheels
04-01-2014, 11:39 AM
Pretty clear this kid rode the race card to the top

"Give me an A or I'll report you as RACIST!!!!"

Another affirmative action junkie.

how so?

i went to that HS and it is filled with people of his race

how come they haven't been accepted you jerk off

transformation2
04-01-2014, 11:40 AM
This pisses me off so much because op is race baiting. Here you go ***:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bronx-high-school-science-senior-accepted-ivy-league-schools-article-1.110138

An article about a white kid doing the same, happy?

JohnsPeterson
04-01-2014, 11:41 AM
SAT was 2250

His SAT score of 2250 is well within Harvard's middle 50%. So he did better than half the people in Harvard. It sounds like its reasonable for him to be there then.

His SAT score is better than 50% of incoming freshmen at Stanford:

http://www.stanford.edu/dept/uga/basics/selection/profile.html

Puts him in the 65% percentile at Brown: http://www.brown.edu/admission/undergraduate/about/admission-facts

2250 is actually 99th percentile for all SAT takers

source: http://media.collegeboard.com/digitalServices/pdf/research/SAT-Percentile-Ranks-Composite-CR-M-W-2013.pdf

YUL
04-01-2014, 11:42 AM

yea, it's obvious these schools lowered their standards to grant him acceptance

NeoKantian
04-01-2014, 11:42 AM
how so?

i went to that HS and it is filled with people of his race

how come they haven't been accepted you jerk off
That was a joke on the R/P mentality.

goody1
04-01-2014, 11:44 AM
This pisses me off so much because op is race baiting. Here you go ***:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bronx-high-school-science-senior-accepted-ivy-league-schools-article-1.110138

An article about a white kid doing the same, happy?

Clearly because of affirmative action

KennyWheels
04-01-2014, 11:47 AM
That was a joke on the R/P mentality.

k den

transformation2
04-01-2014, 11:48 AM
That is a jewish kid. Not white

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qkIMG]

you've gotta be ****ting me right now... I'm out

goody1
04-01-2014, 11:49 AM
That is a jewish kid. Not white

http://i.imgur.com/qkUb6H9.jpg

Im sure he checked the Jewish box.

_AdaM_
...really, OP?

So much this.

Reminds me of this story

XOLOLrUBRBY

NetherRealm
Clearly because of affirmative action

He looks very Jewy so its obvious he was let in by the Zionist-Pro-Gay-Pro Global Warming-Evolutionist pencil pushers who control America and the Global Banking System, he's probably a Rothschild.

goody1
04-01-2014, 11:50 AM
you've gotta be ****ting me right now... I'm out

This.
Im done.
Not sure when this turned into Reddit

Anondragon2012
04-01-2014, 11:51 AM
He is a minority among his race and I think its good for blacks to have a genius among them to show them the way, once in a while (should be more!!!)
Still...Congrats to this brilliant mind.
Genius is to be commended no matter the origin.

Yet to address OP's original inquiry: OF COURSE HE WAS ASIAN OR WHITE IT WOULD (probably) NOT HAVE MADE NEWS
To me though I dont care...If I was in his shoes I would not care if media cared or not. The important thing is that he got in!

NuttyBruh
04-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Black African immigrants are extremely educated and don't fool around with their education.. I remmeber at my high school grad literally all of the awards went to African students. They take chit seriously.

Africans immigrants have the highest ratio of college degree's out of any other immigrant group or something like that. Google it.

Would it have made the news if they weren't black? Probably not, but anyone hating on these kids are just jealous kunts who probably work at a chit job making 12 bucks an hour

Streetbull
04-01-2014, 12:10 PM
He is a minority among his race and I think its good for blacks to have a genius among them to show them the way, once in a while (should be more!!!)
Still...Congrats to this brilliant mind.
Genius is to be commended no matter the origin.

Yet to address OP's original inquiry: OF COURSE HE WAS ASIAN OR WHITE IT WOULD (probably) NOT HAVE MADE NEWS
To me though I dont care...If I was in his shoes I would not care if media cared or not. The important thing is that he got in!

The article published is an insult to black people. "Look-ee here...look what a black kid did!!" Its like telling a black person they are speak well. They will respond: "Why are you surprised?"

Liberalism and despicable racism...two sides, same coin.

RingDips
04-01-2014, 12:14 PM
Lots of histrionic liberals ITT who just loooove institutional discrimination.

The kid's smart, but an application with his credentials from a white or Asian student goes straight into the shredder. That's the OP's point, and that's what matters here.

goody1
04-01-2014, 12:14 PM
The article published is an insult to black people. "Look-ee here...look what a black kid did!!" Its like telling a black person they are speak well. They will respond: "Why are you surprised?"

The white kid above made the NYDailyNews.
Not sure what your getting at

goody1
04-01-2014, 12:16 PM

The kid's smart, but an application with his credentials from a white or Asian student goes straight into the shredder. That's the OP's point, and that's what matters here.
You must have missed post 40

Keseff
04-01-2014, 12:18 PM
OF COURSE HE WAS ASIAN IT WOULD (probably) NOT HAVE MADE NEWS Why not?

Streetbull
04-01-2014, 12:48 PM
The white kid above made the NYDailyNews.
Not sure what your getting at

I saw the article. No one says it can't be done, obviously. If the kid in the OP had a 2400, 8 or 9 AP scores of 5, and so on, it would be far more plausible that he earned his way in.

There are kids with 2400 or 36 on ACT who get turned down. They get turned down in favour of a guy with a 2250. Why?

Eight times, and when there are quite a few kids who got turned down, with better scores. But he deserves it. Eight times.

:rolleyes:

Streetbull
04-01-2014, 12:50 PM
83.5% of kids with 2300 or higher, higher than this kid's 2250, got turned down at Princeton.

Maybe he writes great essays.

LOL!

goody1
04-01-2014, 01:07 PM
I saw the article. No one says it can't be done, obviously. If the kid in the OP had a 2400, 8 or 9 AP scores of 5, and so on, it would be far more plausible that he earned his way in.

There are kids with 2400 or 36 on ACT who get turned down. They get turned down in favour of a guy with a 2250. Why?

Eight times, and when there are quite a few kids who got turned down, with better scores. But he deserves it. Eight times.

:rolleyes:
And the kid above got into 6 and a wait list for the 7th. HE'S WHITE. What's your point

tsbalr120
04-01-2014, 01:21 PM
Too say his race didn't help his college offers is nonsense, it's common knowledge that asains are held to the highest standards, followed by whites, then follow everyone else.

That being said, even with the different standards, he earned each offer and it's an incredible accomplishment. Mirin.

Flakker
04-01-2014, 02:08 PM
Why are Asians so low?

They're discriminated against. (srs)

Streetbull
04-01-2014, 02:41 PM
And the kid above got into 6 and a wait list for the 7th. HE'S WHITE. What's your point

Simple: he had good scores but were they good enough for EVERY school in the list to accept him?

If I flip a coin 100 times in a row and it comes up heads 90% of the time, we're leaving behind probabilities and getting into another realm. Could it happen? Sure. But who wouldn't be suspicious.

These are fiercely competitive schools, in terms of who gets in. What he did was to win the lottery several times over. Can it be done? Of course. I'd bet against it though.

jbball92
04-01-2014, 04:36 PM
idk why anyone would want to go to one of those liberal cesspools anyway lulz...

transformation2
04-01-2014, 05:45 PM
idk why anyone would want to go to one of those liberal cesspools anyway lulz...

because you have access to jobs with starting comp ranging from 100k-200k a year at the age of 22 srs. (low end is mbb consulting and high end is high paying boutique investment banks like centerview).

In b4 these jobs are rare. 70% of wharton (u penn's business school) gets one of these jobs. Literally 70%.. The job report is online.

inb4 mba only: this is their undergraduate class I'm referring to.

edit2: I don't mean low-end in terms of good or bad, just starting salary. Starting salary is almost irrelevant. You should worry about lifetime earnings. A lower (on the 100-200k scale) paying firm like McKinsey sets you up for life in terms of future cash flow.

ZenBowman
04-01-2014, 07:43 PM

School admission is not a random event, go back and take Probability theory 101 before spouting such nonsense.

Not random, not independent [P(getting into Harvard|you got into Yale) > P(getting into Harvard)], therefore your math is 100% bogus.

crowe15
04-01-2014, 08:31 PM
Life isnt fair. Never has been never will.

Did my supposed son or daughter apply to all 8 IVY league schools in order to increase their chances like this kid did?

So when is it unfair.....in your favor?

HELIX35
04-01-2014, 08:41 PM

I'm going to assume this is an april fools joke

There is no possible way you are this stupid

ZenBowman
04-02-2014, 08:36 AM

The point is garbage. Ivy League schools are harder to get in if you are a minority. They heavily discriminate in favor of relations of alumni, and since until recently most alumni were white, its much harder for nonwhites to get in since they are less likely to be connected to alumni.

If Ivy League schools admissions were actually meritocratic, the student population would rapidly begin to resemble that of UC Berkeley's (since the UCs have a race-blind admission policy), with whites being a much smaller percentage of the student body, and Asians being around 60-70%. So its especially ironic that you are complaining about the fact that their admissions policy is not race-blind, because if it were, there'd be far fewer whites getting in.

NeoKantian
04-02-2014, 08:50 AM
The point is garbage. Ivy League schools are harder to get in if you are a minority. They heavily discriminate in favor of relations of alumni, and since until recently most alumni were white, its much harder for nonwhites to get in since they are less likely to be connected to alumni.

If Ivy League schools admissions were actually meritocratic, the student population would rapidly begin to resemble that of UC Berkeley's (since the UCs have a race-blind admission policy), with whites being a much smaller percentage of the student body, and Asians being around 60-70%. So its especially ironic that you are complaining about the fact that their admissions policy is not race-blind, because if it were, there'd be far fewer whites getting in.
This is the R/P. If it's brown...flush it down.

Keseff
04-02-2014, 09:50 AM
They're discriminated against. (srs)How come?

RingDips
04-02-2014, 11:24 AM

Everything you've said here is accurate.

What makes you think that I'm in favor of non-meritocratic admissions to universities? Every stance I have ever taken on the subject should lead you to draw the exact opposite conclusion, and I have repeatedly pointed out on this board that Asians are even more heavily disadvantaged by AA than whites.

Flakker
04-02-2014, 11:35 AM
How come?

Replace jew with asian:

Such subtle discrimination would be consistent with Cornell’s history. We never instituted a rigid quota system for Jewish students; however, there was always an underlying concern that Jews might overtake the University due to their disproportionate success on standardized tests. Therefore, President Livingston Farrand asserted that though “Cornell had not adopted any general anti-Semitic rule,” it could not “permit itself to be so flooded by Jewish students as to kill non-Jewish attendance.” Though we do not know how this affected Jewish admissions at the undergraduate colleges, a similar attitude likely influenced the dean of Cornell’s medical school, who in 1940 described his attempt to “limit the number of Jews admitted to each class to roughly the proportion of Jews in the population of the state.”

aceshin
04-02-2014, 11:51 AM
This is the R/P. If it's brown...flush it down.

If you're white and successful, that's because you're smart, competent and qualified. If you're brown/black and succeed, well that's just because of political correctness and affirmative action.

Such is life on the thinly veiled racism on the R/P.

BruceBruce325
04-02-2014, 01:55 PM
im just amazed its news

tsbalr120
04-02-2014, 02:03 PM
If you're white and successful, that's because you're smart, competent and qualified. If you're brown/black and succeed, well that's just because of political correctness and affirmative action.

Such is life on the thinly veiled racism on the R/P.

How is it racist to state the fact Affirmative Action gives african americans an advantage in college applications and job hunting? Nobody has said it's just because of it, but the system is on their side on this issue.

Irezumi
04-02-2014, 02:41 PM

I hope you can appreciate the irony behind calling anything despicable after you make a thread like this. Honestly, you are the epitome of a sad old man.

Messier_Object
04-02-2014, 02:52 PM
I'm more in awe that he's only 11th in his class. You would think getting into an ivy league school, let alone all 8, he'd be valedictorian or salutation.

ElMariachi
04-03-2014, 11:32 AM
I don't know why people are belaboring the point. The kid had a 3.9 GPA, 2250 on his SAT's and took 11 AP classes, he's legit. You can have a conversation about the adverse effects that affirmative action policies may have but this is a situation where you have an extremely bright kid with some outstanding credentials, good family background...etc. It doesn't make sense to use this kid of all people as a prop to denounce affirmative action.

ElMariachi
04-03-2014, 11:33 AM
I'm more in awe that he's only 11th in his class. You would think getting into an ivy league school, let alone all 8, he'd be valedictorian or salutation.

Depends entirely on the high-school. Colleges could rank a valedictorian at one school lower than a guy who ranked 30th in his class at another because the latter is far more reputable and provides a much more rigorous academic experience.

NetherRealm
04-03-2014, 11:44 AM
I don't know why people are belaboring the point. The kid had a 3.9 GPA, 2250 on his SAT's and took 11 AP classes, he's legit. You can have a conversation about the adverse effects that affirmative action policies may have but this is a situation where you have an extremely bright kid with some outstanding credentials, good family background...etc. It doesn't make sense to use this kid of all people as a prop to denounce affirmative action.

But he's black. BLACK! >_<

Messier_Object
04-03-2014, 12:15 PM
Depends entirely on the high-school. Colleges could rank a valedictorian at one school lower than a guy who ranked 30th in his class at another because the latter is far more reputable and provides a much more rigorous academic experience.

I understand that. But, I'm talking about at his high school. There are 10 students that have better grades than him. I wonder what their acceptance rate would be at the 8 ivy league schools.

I also understand it takes more than scores to get into a university. The kid also is an athlete and plays an instrument if I remember correctly. I don't want my comments coming off as me seeing this as an affirmative action thing. I think it's awesome he was accepted, but just wowed that he's not even top ten in his class.

dsgb610
04-03-2014, 12:27 PM
ill just leave this here

looks like they counted Indians as black lmao... I dont see them anywhere we both know thats BS
or maybe Asian.

dsgb610
04-03-2014, 12:44 PM
are you saying indians bring down the score? pretty terribly worded lol

also damn @ murica. people with 3.4-3.5s getting into med school? that chit wouldn't ever happen in canada

brb 32 MCAT + 85%+

lol im just trollin... When I selected my primary care DR my ENTIRE list was Indian sounding names... This is in SC too.
Just wondered why are they not on the list.. Its more Indian at my local hospital than any other race it seems.

Kingofthepitch
04-03-2014, 04:19 PM
are you saying indians bring down the score? pretty terribly worded lol

also damn @ murica. people with 3.4-3.5s getting into med school? that chit wouldn't ever happen in canada

brb 32 MCAT + 85%+

Yeah average scores are lower, but the cream of the crop med schools (All Mayo Campuses, Hopkins, Harvard, ect) are all south of the border.

Because it's R/P. What do you expect?

Streetbull
04-03-2014, 04:59 PM

Yep. I'm sure that the 10 kids who finished ahead of him and many of whom were probably turned down, are thrilled for him.

Streetbull
04-03-2014, 05:09 PM
can you confirm that the 10 ahead of him were rejected by every ivy school?

if not, please stop making a fool out of yourself, because a white kid with his stats gets into most ivys as well, let alone someone with better grades than him

????

Your post doesn't make any sense.

If he applied, you can damn well bet that most of those 10 kids applied too. And the article doesn't mention classmates, does it?

Edit: everyone above him should be admitted to any IVY to which they applied, by your very own reasoning.

Fukkin' lolololololol....

Streetbull
04-03-2014, 06:36 PM
how does it not make sense?

this is what you said

his stats are at least 50th percentile for accepted students in every single ivy league. sure he might have gotten into harvard because he's black, but the other ivys he gets into no problem even if he's white, and so do the 10 other kids ahead of him.

the article doesn't mention classmates, you did.

If one kid, just one, got turned down by any IVY, your argument collapses. They got better grades but they had one bad characteristic...they were not 'diverse'.

Do you know how many valedictorians and salutatorians get turned down every year by such schools? And all so they can be PC...it's a fukking crime.

3stripes
04-03-2014, 06:58 PM
im just amazed its news

Well, it made the news in an english tabloid so it would appear it fits the OP's agenda

Streetbull
04-04-2014, 03:59 AM
getting into the ivys is more than just grades. any of those 11 kids have the grades to get into all the ivys. maybe some don't have the ECs or recommendations and so on.

being black helps, but lets not pretend the kid wouldn't have got into most of them anyways if he was white

We'll never know, he probably wouldn't have gotten into any of them.

11th and 2250/2400...probably wouldn't even be looked at seriously if Asian or Caucasian.

There's a website called Parchment where you can calculate your chances. I put in my son's numbers and he got 25% for MIT and 40% for Cal Tech. I changed his profile to AA female and MIT went to 84% while Cal T went to 90%.

Fukkin' lolololololol,,,,

ZenBowman
04-04-2014, 07:02 AM
If one kid, just one, got turned down by any IVY, your argument collapses. They got better grades but they had one bad characteristic...they were not 'diverse'.

Do you know how many valedictorians and salutatorians get turned down every year by such schools? And all so they can be PC...it's a fukking crime.

LOL if you believe that crap. As I stated before, Ivy league schools heavily discriminate against nonwhites.