PDA

View Full Version : Skipping a meal while cutting?

OfficaDoofy
03-31-2014, 07:45 AM
hey guys just a quick question,

I'm supposed to have aobut 2450-2550calories a day while cutting to lose body fat. My diet allows me to nearly eat once an hour throughout the day so I'm never hungry, although some of the portions like 1 oz of almonds are tiny, it still allows me to feel like I ate something and therfore not starve.

My question is though, If I go about my day and don't feel too hungry, would skipping one of my meals matter? By "meals" i mean one of my snacks like 1 oz of almonds which all it's really for is the high amount of fat, or I also eat a lot of slices of bread because they are very low in everything and allow me to eat a lot of.

So right now the bread I eat is about 60 calories a slice, 8g carbs. If i skip 3 slices of bread today whereas I normally eat 6-9 slices, will this negatively impact me? I figured it wouldn't be harmful, if anything it will benefit since i'll be having even less calories than needed

Mncdk
03-31-2014, 07:56 AM
Meet your macros. Eat when and how you want.

lee__d
03-31-2014, 07:59 AM
Eat once an hour? Unnecessary, but to each his own.

But yea, I wouldn't worry about.

I actually find it funny that people yolo it up with cheat days saying 'oh it's just one day', but then freak out about under eating for one day.

OfficaDoofy
03-31-2014, 08:01 AM

I actually find it funny that people yolo it up with cheat days saying 'oh it's just one day', but then freak out about under eating for one day.

Only necessary for me because I do so much physical activity and so my body gets drained quickly. Also, it keeps me sane and IIFYM, which my diet does, allows me to do so. So the lack of calories won't hurt me necessarily right? if anything help me with my process?

OfficaDoofy
03-31-2014, 08:03 AM
Meet your macros. Eat when and how you want.

That's my question, it doesn't meet my calorie macro, but at the same time im cutting so i figured not meeting that macro helps. it will still meet my necessary protein and fats per day though

lee__d
03-31-2014, 08:04 AM
One day, here and there, of a bigger than usual deficit will hardly be noticeable.

OfficaDoofy
03-31-2014, 08:09 AM
One day, here and there, of a bigger than usual deficit will hardly be noticeable.

So i guess i'm better off just eating it anyways rather than staying hungry

lee__d
03-31-2014, 08:11 AM
If I go about my day and don't feel too hungry, would skipping one of my meals matter?

So i guess i'm better off just eating it anyways rather than staying hungry

So yea, you're posting is inconsistent. I never said to not meet your macros if you're feeling hungry. I was specifically answering the question posed in your OP.

Mncdk
03-31-2014, 08:56 AM
Get your minimum protein and fats, and do what you want to after that.
A few hundred calories won't hurt you. If you hit your caloric goal most days, but miss ~300 kcal once a week, it will be less than a 10th of a pound difference. Just to put it into perspective.
I often end up being 100-200 calories short, where eating more would be uncomfortable, because I just don't have room for it. If you're full, and you get your macros (minimum protein and fat) and micros, then don't worry about it.

n0useforaname
03-31-2014, 09:11 AM
The leaner you get, the more hungry you will get.. I personally would eat as much as you can.. because down the road that extra 200 cals may help A LOT.

Dudeman258
03-31-2014, 09:45 AM

Quoted for truth.

Young yolo's gonna yolo brah.

AlwaysTryin
03-31-2014, 12:00 PM
You're hungry after an hour? Eat a larger meal less often

elias1877
03-31-2014, 12:40 PM
why the fuk are u cutting at 6'2 180 lbs?

AshAndrews19
03-31-2014, 01:03 PM
Eat the food!

Unless you're stalling and wanna lose more weight, then eating less bread would be wise as it's less carbs