PDA

View Full Version : High Fat / Low Carb in today's macros

tylerd92
03-24-2014, 05:18 PM
So I've decided I'm going to start tracking my macros and just ordered a food scale so, I'm waiting on that.

Can't get the macros spot on cause you can't change the actual number of macros on myfitness pal, only the percentages; but its close enough so its whatever. However, how bad is of going over fats but a decent amount of carbs missing?

I know calories in < calories out = weight loss, but is there anything bad about having higher amount of fat compared to carbs but still at a calorie deficit?

RedSox1990
03-24-2014, 05:24 PM
So I've decided I'm going to start tracking my macros and just ordered a food scale so, I'm waiting on that.

Can't get the macros spot on cause you can't change the actual number of macros on myfitness pal, only the percentages; but its close enough so its whatever. However, how bad is of going over fats but a decent amount of carbs missing?

I know calories in < calories out = weight loss, but is there anything bad about having higher amount of fat compared to carbs but still at a calorie deficit?

This is my order of importance: Calories, Protein, Fat, Carbs

On my cut I'm eating 2500 calories, about 200-230g protein, 70-90 grams of healthy fats and the remaining calories I fill with w.e I want including carbs.

I don't have a set number I have to hit, just those ranges. Won't matter if you go over in healthy fats as long as your calories are on point.

tylerd92
03-24-2014, 05:37 PM
This is my order of importance: Calories, Protein, Fat, Carbs

On my cut I'm eating 2500 calories, about 200-230g protein, 70-90 grams of healthy fats and the remaining calories I fill with w.e I want including carbs.

I don't have a set number I have to hit, just those ranges. Won't matter if you go over in healthy fats as long as your calories are on point.

Well normally, most of my fats come from cheese and milk and that's it pretty much. I really enjoy my 2% milk, however I may go back to skim just because it's not that bad. I love lots of cheese and I love lots of cheese on everything haha, always have since I was a kid, so that's my downfall I guess.

Domicron
03-24-2014, 06:15 PM
carbs are not essential. so as long as you meet protein and fat macros (which are minimums) you can get the remaining calories from whichever macros however you like.

kenny85
03-24-2014, 06:38 PM
carbs are not essential. so as long as you meet protein and fat macros (which are minimums) you can get the remaining calories from whichever macros however you like.

This

RedSox1990
03-24-2014, 07:56 PM
Well normally, most of my fats come from cheese and milk and that's it pretty much. I really enjoy my 2% milk, however I may go back to skim just because it's not that bad. I love lots of cheese and I love lots of cheese on everything haha, always have since I was a kid, so that's my downfall I guess.

Milk and cheese are completely fine. I love my almond and peanut butters, also bacon but its really up to you. The only thing with fat is that it contains the more calories per gram (9 calories) compared to (4 per gram) protein and carbs, which is important to note on a cut.

magician27
03-24-2014, 08:17 PM
calories are more important then macro ratios. you probably wont have any significant effect from not hitting macros exactly for 1 day. try to keep it consistent other days