PDA

View Full Version : Baseball brahs wake up!

TehScoTTmA
03-22-2014, 02:23 AM
Its baseball season nom saying. This god damn weather delaying the GOAT

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1208411/kershaw.gif

This is why you don't taint Americas game and open it in Australia

LordFarquaad69
03-22-2014, 02:48 AM
Can someone tell me why they have like 10 pitchers a side? Thought the dude doing introductions was fukking it up when he called out so many pitchers.

TehScoTTmA
03-22-2014, 02:51 AM
Can someone tell me why they have like 10 pitchers a side? Thought the dude doing introductions was fukking it up when he called out so many pitchers.

Teams usually have their 5 starters then about 5 relief men and a set up man and closer

woodsmash
03-22-2014, 03:50 AM
Meanwhile no one in the US is watching

patriotmazz
03-22-2014, 03:53 AM
The australians have no place within Americas game......
srs

TehScoTTmA
03-22-2014, 03:59 AM
srs

Agreed. Don't taint a vital part of Americas history

rusty54
03-22-2014, 04:01 AM
Why is everyone so mad it's in Aus?

We didn't force it to come here bros, that was MLBs decision. We're just here for the ride too.

First time I've ever watched it. I want to get up and do other things but I have to keep watching for some reason. Similar pace to cricket. Blew my mind how much they get paid. Our pro AFL players are on like 1m a year.

Roody12
03-22-2014, 04:03 AM
srs

Agreed. Don't taint a vital part of Americas history

jslWMFczepE

TehScoTTmA
03-22-2014, 04:04 AM
Why is everyone so mad it's in Aus?

We didn't force it to come here bros, that was MLBs decision. We're just here for the ride too.

First time I've ever watched it. I want to get up and do other things but I have to keep watching for some reason. Similar pace to cricket. Blew my mind how much they get paid. Our pro AFL players are on like 1m a year.

Not blaming Australia at all. Disappointed in the MLB

lil_pirie
03-22-2014, 04:10 AM
Didn't they have a season opener in japan a couple of years back?

Dan916
03-22-2014, 04:15 AM

Its physically impossible to throw 5 games/week that the baseball demands. Your arm will literally break itself after a week or two. Arms arent made to make the throwing motion, so pitching just 7 innings/week is dangerous enough as that roughly 100 pitches thrown at 90+ MPH. If a starter threw 2 games in a row, his speed/accuracy would slow down drastically, and chance of injury increased by like 1000%

Most sports have breaks between games, but baseball plays non-stop, usually like 6 games a week average. So 5 "starters" rotate a 5 game cycle. You also have closers and middle relievers and set-up men to keep the other team guessing. A lot of it is a chess game. In an ideal game, starter throws 7 innings, then another throws 1, then closer throws 1.

SteezeFactory
03-22-2014, 04:16 AM
Went out two stepping and can come home to live baseball. Successful night. Who gives a fukk if it's in Australia? NFL does their London games every year, it's a sellout and the crowd is awesome. Brb everyone's pumped the fukk up over foul balls in the stands.

Need to get Clayton out of the game do the dbags offense can score some runs.

ballzofpeaze
03-22-2014, 05:35 AM
Wish they played an NBA game here.

Just fly over clippers vs warriors. 1 flight away and the hype would be insane.

Vitamin0
03-22-2014, 06:14 AM
You guys are dumb as ****. Who CARES if they play ONE series in Australia. I think it's a good idea... the crowd is so into it (currently watching the rebroadcast on MLB network). I lol'd though when a nubber was hit and the crowd got excited lmao. I could only imagine a deep fly ball.

velociREPtor
03-22-2014, 08:38 AM
Nice video to get ya ready for Opening Day:

youtube.

-----------

com/watch?v=SoSkj3XQYgA

^put that **** together apparently I need 50 posts for a link.

GingerBrah
03-22-2014, 08:46 AM
You guys are dumb as ****. Who CARES if they play ONE series in Australia. I think it's a good idea... the crowd is so into it (currently watching the rebroadcast on MLB network). I lol'd though when a nubber was hit and the crowd got excited lmao. I could only imagine a deep fly ball.

The players for one absolutly hate it.

Brb giving up 2 weeks of training camp/spring training so they can fly across the world and play in some publicity stunt games

Vitamin0
03-22-2014, 09:07 AM
The players for one absolutly hate it.

Brb giving up 2 weeks of training camp/spring training so they can fly across the world and play in some publicity stunt games

A few games out of 162 and it's not like the same teams are going over there every year.

eatyourspinach
03-22-2014, 10:31 AM
This is all Grant Balfour's fault.