PDA

View Full Version : Heard Merril Hoge say Texans should take Khalil Mack number 1. Does misc agree?

eatyourspinach
03-21-2014, 03:06 PM
...and draft Mettenberger for a qb.

HoustonMiscer
03-21-2014, 03:24 PM
Texan brah here. I'm not gonna believe chit until I see who they actually draft srs. If they don't get a QB with the 1st pick I think they will probably try to get Mettenberger in the later rounds. Its less stressful as a fan for me to not worry about what the fuk is gonna happen in the draft until it actually happens srs.

IawI
03-21-2014, 03:30 PM
He fits the system, fills a need at a premiere position, and looks like he's going to be a stud at the next level. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes #1. I expect him to go #3 to the Jags.

KBaller33
03-21-2014, 03:39 PM
If you're going to pick him, trade down to like 4 or 5

JmanTheJuiceman
03-21-2014, 04:01 PM

I wouldn't. You just don't see prospects like Mack every year, somebody's gonna wanna move up for him .. Just don't get greedy and take him at 1 if you really want him.

poonpounder311
03-21-2014, 04:03 PM
Merrill Hodge is a potato.

niknguyen
03-21-2014, 04:06 PM
I agree that mack > clowney. But I think texans should take clowney because I want falcons to get mack lol. Mett will be a huge steal. I think he'll have the best pro career out of this class

KBaller33
03-21-2014, 04:09 PM
I wouldn't. You just don't see prospects like Mack every year, somebody's gonna wanna move up for him .. Just don't get greedy and take him at 1 if you really want him.

He's not a number 1 overall prospect especially with Clowney in this draft and the Texans need at QB. If they want him, trade down to like 3-5, get another pick, and draft McCarron/Mettenburger. Unless you think St. Louis takes him at 2

Edit: Do you guys think Mack is better than Clowney?

joedirt87
03-21-2014, 04:57 PM

This. At least he called Vince Young being garbage.

mabidi
03-21-2014, 04:59 PM
I'm from Buffalo and have watched Mack play live as I live about 5 minutes from the campus

the dude flies out there and is a stud

definitely worthy of the #1 pick

JmanTheJuiceman
03-21-2014, 05:11 PM
He's not a number 1 overall prospect especially with Clowney in this draft and the Texans need at QB. If they want him, trade down to like 3-5, get another pick, and draft McCarron/Mettenburger. Unless you think St. Louis takes him at 2

Edit: Do you guys think Mack is better than Clowney?

So he's worth a #3-5 but not #1?

And it depends on what a team needs, for the Vikings right now I'd probably take Mack over Clowney.

IawI
03-21-2014, 05:14 PM

Lol if you think he's getting past Jacksonville @ #3

KBaller33
03-21-2014, 05:41 PM
Lol if you think he's getting past Jacksonville @ #3

Depends on what St. Louis wants. But 3/5 teams in the top 5 need a QB and people believe Clowney is better than Mack

Make that 4/5 need a QB. Texans, jaguars, browns raiders

IawI
03-21-2014, 06:11 PM
Depends on what St. Louis wants. But 3/5 teams in the top 5 need a QB and people believe Clowney is better than Mack

Make that 4/5 need a QB. Texans, jaguars, browns raiders

And what's your point? Jags aren't taking a QB, and neither are the Rams. Jags are building a culture of competition, and I could easily see them passing on Clowney in favor of Mack if they don't think he's a good fit in the locker room.

Mayock has also said he'd take Mack #1 overall over Clowney.

bezarker
03-21-2014, 06:19 PM
http://cdn.na16.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/merrill-hoge.jpg

you gonna listen to a guy that still wears shoulder pads and ties a knot bigger than his head???

niknguyen
03-21-2014, 06:27 PM
And what's your point? Jags aren't taking a QB, and neither are the Rams. Jags are building a culture of competition, and I could easily see them passing on Clowney in favor of Mack if they don't think he's a good fit in the locker room.

Will srsly lawl when manziel goes to jags. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Killing two birds with one stone. You and kyletx both be pissed beyond belief in a matter of minutes

IawI
03-21-2014, 06:33 PM
Will srsly lawl when manziel goes to jags. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Killing two birds with one stone. You and kyletx both be pissed beyond belief in a matter of minutes

My jimmies rest silently knowing Dave Rooney isn't stupid enough to draft Johnny Goofball.

Twerk4it
03-21-2014, 06:37 PM
O'Brien and Crennel should help their old friends the Patriots out by trading 33 for Mallet and Dola

JmanTheJuiceman
03-21-2014, 06:40 PM

Wait, why exactly aren't the Jags taking a QB?

IawI
03-21-2014, 06:42 PM
Wait, why exactly aren't the Jags taking a QB?

Because there is no one worth taking @ #3, and there is too much elite talent elsewhere to take a gamble.

JmanTheJuiceman
03-21-2014, 06:53 PM
Because there is no one worth taking @ #3, and there is too much elite talent elsewhere to take a gamble.

I guess I could see why you'd say that, I'm a Bridgewater fan myself though... what's your ideal pick if Clowney and Mack go 1 and 2?

IawI
03-21-2014, 06:55 PM
I guess I could see why you'd say that, I'm a Bridgewater fan myself though... what's your ideal pick if Clowney and Mack go 1 and 2?

Yeah, I think Bridgewater is the most pro ready. Sammy Watkins.

ElMariachi
03-21-2014, 06:56 PM

^^^^^^That is the only correct answer. Easily one of the worst talking heads on NFL Network, dude sounds like nails scratching on a chalkboard, not sure how he still has a job there.

JmanTheJuiceman
03-21-2014, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I think Bridgewater is the most pro ready. Sammy Watkins.

Watkins and Bakeman lining up on each side?

who the fuk needs a QB

IawI
03-21-2014, 06:59 PM
Watkins and Bakeman lining up on each side?

who the fuk needs a QB

More like Watkins lining up with Shorts and us trading Bakemon to someone who wants to deal with him. As far as I'm concerned, Blackmon isn't on the team.

JmanTheJuiceman
03-21-2014, 07:02 PM
More like Watkins lining up with Shorts and us trading Bakemon to someone who wants to deal with him. As far as I'm concerned, Blackmon isn't on the team.

What the hell is the deal with him, I haven't heard or read anything about it so I don't know

GolfPants
03-21-2014, 07:14 PM
What the hell is the deal with him, I haven't heard or read anything about it so I don't know

He can apply to the league for reinstatement some time before the season. He'll get one more shot with the jags, but he'll more than likely fuk it up so no one is counting on him.

All the talent in the world but he'd have to study hard to achieve the intelligence of a potato.

IawI
03-21-2014, 07:28 PM

On April 20, 2013, Blackmon received a four-game suspension by the NFL for violating the league's Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.[20] He missed the first four games of the Jaguars' 2013 regular season.

On November 1, 2013, Blackmon received an indefinite suspension for again violating the league's Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.[21] He will be eligible to apply for reinstatement prior to the 2014 season.

Blackmon was arrested for driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol by a Payne County sheriff's deputy in Stillwater, Oklahoma on June 3, 2012, and was released later that day. He was previously arrested for DUI in Texas in 2010, and was suspended for one game by the Oklahoma State coaching staff.[22]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Blackmon#Banned_substance_abuse_and_suspens ions

http://themeatlockersports.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/justin_blackmon_10-27-2010_thir82a.jpg

http://rollingout.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/justin-blackmon-dui-e1338810899877.jpg