PDA

View Full Version : What teams are gonna draft a reciever in the 1st round this year?

Swept
03-20-2014, 10:22 PM
Since I'm a panthers fan I want to narrow it down

Rams
Browns
Jets

[maybe]
Bills
Bucs
Steelers
Chargers
Bengals

Hopefully Kelvin Benjamin falls to us

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhSHHKNIgAAGtdI.jpg

PrimeraRS
03-20-2014, 10:25 PM
Jets just got Decker.

GooBaaa
03-20-2014, 10:26 PM
Bills

Shinya-Aoki
03-20-2014, 10:27 PM
The chiefs absolutely

Swept
03-20-2014, 10:28 PM
Jets just got Decker.

I think they're gonna draft Ebron

Reptarr
03-20-2014, 10:31 PM
maybe seattle

feardafronfz3
03-20-2014, 10:33 PM
If Watkins/Evans are on the board, Detroit

GooBaaa
03-20-2014, 10:35 PM
I think they're gonna draft Ebron he's coming to the Bills

eatyourspinach
03-20-2014, 10:44 PM
Probably some of the later picks in my opinion from the playoff or middle of the pack teams who don't draft O lineman.

N23
03-20-2014, 10:48 PM
Giants might

phillyfreak7
03-20-2014, 11:43 PM
I'd take Brandin Cooks over Kelvin Benjamin and Mike Evans

adamfm8
03-20-2014, 11:45 PM
Possibly the Raiders too. Wouldn't mind them picking Watkins, but then again they need help all over so who knows

Jerok88
03-21-2014, 12:09 AM
The chiefs absolutely

Since Broncos got Sanders and there's no real FA WR available... yeah probably.

Brb wasting a first on another OT that has an 'injury and can't play' whenever the games important

BENTLEY1
03-21-2014, 12:21 AM
Kansas City for sure.
1st rd-WR
No 2nd rd pick due to smith trade
3rd rd-FS
Other rounds-Recover from literally doing nothing in free agency.

JediRN
03-21-2014, 12:23 AM
The chiefs absolutely

... and can we get a corner too?

iMakeItRain100s
03-21-2014, 12:30 AM
49ers ayyyyy

Swept
03-21-2014, 01:19 AM
49ers ayyyyy

Pats, Hawks and Niners might all draft WR but they pic after the panthers so I didn't list them.

iamgenus
03-21-2014, 01:27 AM
IMO Watkins and Evans are the only two guys guaranteed to go in the first round(working the night shift and it feels like I'm forgetting someone obvious but idgaf)

The depth this year is crazy. Lots of teams with other needs may opt to wait til the later rounds to still get excellent WR talent.

Chiefs are a good choice though considering they don't have a 2nd rounder.

I wouldn't mind if the niners went WR but if they do I hope another team(s) take Lee and Benjamin off the board. Though I hope lots of teams go WR early and push a top DB down to them.

Also OP niners have a ton of draft picks. If they like a WR a lot they have a ton of ammo to jump over you guys. That goes for Seattle as well(not as much ammo but not far to trade up over you)

bananabucket
03-21-2014, 01:32 AM
Colts finna draft Trent Richardson so no worries there

97srad750
03-21-2014, 06:16 AM
I'd like the Panthers to get Benjamin and Ellington later in the draft

SillieBazzillie
03-21-2014, 06:51 AM
Dem Ravens.

leafs43
03-21-2014, 06:56 AM
Bills.

Because if there is one thing the Bills do well, its drafting chit players.

iamgenus
03-21-2014, 07:43 AM
I'd like the Panthers to get Benjamin and Ellington later in the draft

You phaggots better stay away from Ellington!

Dangled
03-21-2014, 07:55 AM
sammy muda fukin watkins.

wish miami would trade up for him

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/001/036/219/watkins2_original.gif?1377997048?w=600

PervedOut
03-21-2014, 08:04 AM
Lions will. They do every year.

MCrow
03-21-2014, 08:19 AM
I think if Watkins is on the board when the Rams pick cumstorm all over the war room and barely get the pick in.

LikeAMachine
03-21-2014, 08:21 AM
Lord I hope the Browns don't take a WR over a QB, fukking potato.

Maybe with the second first round pick, sure, but top 5 WR's ugh....

We passed on Rogers for Braylon Edwards, we passed on Big Ben for Kellen Winslow.

Pure potato to pass on a QB for a fringe player.

ShadowBarkley
03-21-2014, 08:24 AM
I think the Bills are taking Evans/Ebron at 9.

Unless one of those high tier Tackles are still around, thats an option.

BiggyPharma
03-21-2014, 08:57 AM
The Bills are at an interesting spot because of the amount of scenarios that could play out before them. If all three QBs get drafted before them, they will be able to do better than Ebron. I think they will take one of the elite tackles over any WR other than Watkins.

GooBaaa
03-21-2014, 09:58 AM
The Bills are at an interesting spot because of the amount of scenarios that could play out before them. If all three QBs get drafted before them, they will be able to do better than Ebron. I think they will take one of the elite tackles over any WR other than Watkins.don't see all 3 qbs going

phillyfreak7
03-21-2014, 09:58 AM

We passed on Rogers for Braylon Edwards, we passed on Big Ben for Kellen Winslow.

Pure potato to pass on a QB for a fringe player.What's funny is this the year I wouldn't be against it. Sammy Watkins and Derek Carr would be an excellent combination along with Josh Gordon, Cameron Jordan, and Ben Tate.

LikeAMachine
03-21-2014, 10:09 AM
What's funny is this the year I wouldn't be against it. Sammy Watkins and Derek Carr would be an excellent combination along with Josh Gordon, Cameron Jordan, and Ben Tate.

Carr is a pussy, his film shows he is scared to get hit. Throwing off his back foot, ducking out of throws. Reminds me of Blaine Gabbert.

You cannot draft a guy who is afraid to get hit. Add in that he came from a spread system, he is Brandon Weeden but a little more mobile. NO THANKS JEFF

Carr is little upgrade over Brian Hoyer.

Swept
03-21-2014, 10:32 AM

Pure potato to pass on a QB for a fringe player.

I think the browns are going chose a WR with there second 1st round pick not there 1st.

Swept
03-21-2014, 10:34 AM
sammy muda fukin watkins.

wish miami would trade up for him

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/001/036/219/watkins2_original.gif?1377997048?w=600

Miami needs O-line

Swept
03-21-2014, 10:35 AM

I think this is the year they go corner

LikeAMachine
03-21-2014, 10:36 AM
I think the browns are going chose a WR with there second 1st round pick not there 1st.

WR class is very deep, they could easily wait 8 more picks and take a WR with their 2nd round pick.

kethnaab
03-21-2014, 11:11 AM
I'd take Brandin Cooks over Kelvin Benjamin and Mike Evans

that's like saying you'd take cheesecake over prime rib.

so different, may as well not compare them

nah. Other than Millen's ridiculousness, they've only taken a WR first like 4 or 5 times in their entire history

Sammy Watkins and Derek Carr would be an excellent combination

Derek Carr soils his undershorts when pressured.

along with Josh Gordon, Cameron Jordan, and Ben Tate.

Sean Payton disapproves of your insolence

Mac_xX
03-21-2014, 11:18 AM
Maybe Chiefs but OL is probably more important right now.

iamgenus
03-21-2014, 11:28 AM
I think if Watkins is on the board when the Rams pick cumstorm all over the war room and barely get the pick in.

They pick #2 he will most certainly be on the board if Houston makes their pick. If someone trades up for him I'd be surprised. He's a great receivers but this draft is chalk full of WR talent. Don't see any team who would make that jump for him.

nawoc6
03-21-2014, 11:29 AM
Rams will definitely use one of their first rounders on a big time WR.

Swept
03-21-2014, 11:31 AM
WR class is very deep, they could easily wait 8 more picks and take a WR with their 2nd round pick.

Keep in mind the panthers, seahawks, patriots and niners might all be drafting receivers.

KryptonKnight
03-21-2014, 12:22 PM

Watkins def won't last until 10. Evans will definitely be there @ 10, he's not a top 10 talent.

They pick #2 he will most certainly be on the board if Houston makes their pick. If someone trades up for him I'd be surprised. He's a great receivers but this draft is chalk full of WR talent. Don't see any team who would make that jump for him.

LOL @ people thinking Watkins isn't in a class by himself. Yes, there is talent at the postion, but those other guys are mostly either one-trick ponies (super tall but not lightning fast; lightning fast but poor route runners; catch-anything hands but slow as molasses, etc). Watkins has a far superior combination of height/weight/speed/hands/explosiveness.

There's a reason he could be a top 2 pick and no other receiver could possibly go that high. Only receiver I've heard about who's supposedly a once in a generation prospect. Doesn't mean you can't still get a good receiver by drafting someone else, just that their projected floor and ceilings are a lot lower than Watkins'.

If the Rams, Browns, and Raiders don't take him, he doesn't get past Tampa Bay at 7.

JmanTheJuiceman
03-21-2014, 12:34 PM

Think he might have been referring to the Rams second pick at #13

JmanTheJuiceman
03-21-2014, 12:41 PM
And kinda surprised with the Carr hate. Dude has the best arm in the draft.. after logging 5-6 games of his, only 1 game really stood out where he was a bit of a pussy. That was his bowl game vs USC, and he did stink it up royally. But that whole Fresno State squad got dominated, especially their O-Line.

You guys basing his perceived 'pressure issues' off that one rotoworld article that discussed the top 4 QBs' statistics under pressure?

97srad750
03-21-2014, 01:09 PM
Watkins def won't last until 10. Evans will definitely be there @ 10, he's not a top 10 talent.

LOL @ people thinking Watkins isn't in a class by himself. Yes, there is talent at the postion, but those other guys are mostly either one-trick ponies (super tall but not lightning fast; lightning fast but poor route runners; catch-anything hands but slow as molasses, etc). Watkins has a far superior combination of height/weight/speed/hands/explosiveness.

There's a reason he could be a top 2 pick and no other receiver could possibly go that high. Only receiver I've heard about who's supposedly a once in a generation prospect. Doesn't mean you can't still get a good receiver by drafting someone else, just that their projected floor and ceilings are a lot lower than Watkins'.
If the Rams, Browns, and Raiders don't take him, he doesn't get past Tampa Bay at 7.

I don't think I've read that Watkins is a once a generation prospect. Unless it's on a Clemson fan site. Let's not go overboard.

blackstar87
03-21-2014, 01:11 PM

With Golden Tate and Megatron, WR in the 1st would be full retard.

kethnaab
03-21-2014, 01:25 PM
Evans will definitely be there @ 10, he's not a top 10 talent.

Let's assume Evans truly isn't a top 10 talent.

What relevance is that to whether or not a team will draft him top 10?

Only receiver I've heard about who's supposedly a once in a generation prospect

I think Watkins is the best WR of this class, but to say he's a once-a-generation prospect is laughably ridiculous. He might be the 5th best WR prospect since 2010. *might*

I like him, but let's keep things in perspective here

iamgenus
03-21-2014, 01:42 PM
I think Watkins is the best WR of this class, but to say he's a once-a-generation prospect is laughably ridiculous. He might be the 5th best WR prospect since 2010. *might*

Beat me to it. Watkins is easily the best of this class but once a generation....must be a small fukin generation. He probably would've been the 3rd guy off the board just 3 years ago, let alone generation.

KryptonKnight
03-21-2014, 02:15 PM
I don't think I've read that Watkins is a once a generation prospect. Unless it's on a Clemson fan site. Let's not go overboard.

Don't shoot the messenger. Wasn't me saying he was, just wut I read on the Interwebz.

Dude is clearly the best WR of this class doe, I think on that we can all agree.

You realize how stupid that sounds brah? If he's truly not a top 10 talent, and by all professional accounts/opinions he's not, then it has a lot of revelance to whether or not a team would draft him in the top 10 because then they would be reaching.

Didn't say it can't happen, just saying it probably won't happen. There are no teams in the top 10 desperate enough for WR to take him there, and nobody is using the ammo to move up and take him that high.

Again, not me saying that. You guys are still missing the point. Even if that is hyperbole, which it probably is, no other WRs are being hyped up that much. Which goes back to my orignal point: Watkins is in a class of his own, and anyone who thinks there are multiple wide receivers in this draft with the same ceiling is kidding themselves.

Beat me to it. Watkins is easily the best of this class but once a generation....must be a small fukin generation. He probably would've been the 3rd guy off the board just 3 years ago, let alone generation.

Probably true. Not sure how many years a football generation is, but I think the gist of what they were saying is that Watkins will be the best NFL wide receiver of his peer group.

Again, not my words, just some that I heard.

97srad750
03-21-2014, 02:26 PM
Just cause you read it doesn't mean you repeat it. Especially when you know it's a silly suggestion. If you're a Gamecock fan you know he doesn't like press coverage, and can be contained when you're physical with him. He's explosive but I'm not sure if call him a great route runner since Clemson doesn't run a complex route tree. Especially for him since he's a screen, reverse, or go route guy.

MStokes29
03-21-2014, 02:55 PM
If the Eagles get rid of Jackson I could see them picking up a receiver. No way they'd be content with an injury prone Maclin and Riley Cooper

KryptonKnight
03-21-2014, 03:25 PM
Just cause you read it doesn't mean you repeat it. Especially when you know it's a silly suggestion. If you're a Gamecock fan you know he doesn't like press coverage, and can be contained when you're physical with him. He's explosive but I'm not sure if call him a great route runner since Clemson doesn't run a complex route tree. Especially for him since he's a screen, reverse, or go route guy.

LOL.

I am a Gamecock fan, but your summation is clearly biased. He doesn't like press coverage? That's fine. Most receivers probably don't, it doesn't mean he can't beat it once he gets some NFL coaching and into a more comprehensive NFL offense. You wanna say he's not a great route runner because Clemson's tree isn't complex, that's fine too. The team he goes to may not even ask him to run every single route.

Watkins no longer plays for Clemson so igaf about that stupid college rivalry anymore. I don't care what school a player comes from as long as he can help my team win.

Oh, and I can damn well repeat anything I want, thanks. The sports misc is nothing more than amateur opinions and heresay anyways. All I did was mention some professionals' opinions. Get your jimmies unrustled brah.

When the Eagles get rid of Jackson I could see them picking up a receiver. No way they'd be content with an injury prone Maclin and Riley Cooper

True, but would they do it in the 1st round? No idea what their team is looking like.

iamgenus
03-21-2014, 04:07 PM
Probably true. Not sure how many years a football generation is, but I think the gist of what they were saying is that Watkins will be the best NFL wide receiver of his peer group.

Again, not my words, just some that I heard.

That's the problem with listening to those guys though. They're still guessing as much as the rest of us. Some people just have educated guesses because they actually watch these kids play ball. However in the end this is still entertainment and right now the NFL draft is getting to be a huge thing and espn and nfl network are pimping the sh*t out of prospects way more than they would in the past.

Words like "once in a generation" are thrown around because they need to sell that entertainment. Nobody wants to get excited for a draft that doesn't have top tier prospects. I was cracking up because I heard them saying how Watkins is the best receiver prospect since AJ Green and Julio Jones....as if those two were drafted so damn long ago.

But this is all the same stuff we heard with David Terrell, Charles Rogers, Braylon Edwards...etc

I remember some talking heads saying Peter Warrick was going to be the best player in that draft - also Courtney Brown was talked up like one of the best DE prospects since Bruce Smith. Really doesnt mean chit.

AgRyan
03-21-2014, 04:10 PM
Chargers better not get a WR in the first round.

KryptonKnight
03-21-2014, 04:21 PM
That's the problem with listening to those guys though. They're still guessing as much as the rest of us. Some people just have educated guesses because they actually watch these kids play ball. However in the end this is still entertainment and right now the NFL draft is getting to be a huge thing and espn and nfl network are pimping the sh*t out of prospects way more than they would in the past.

Words like "once in a generation" are thrown around because they need to sell that entertainment. Nobody wants to get excited for a draft that doesn't have top tier prospects. I was cracking up because I heard them saying how Watkins is the best receiver prospect since AJ Green and Julio Jones....as if those two were drafted so damn long ago.

But this is all the same stuff we heard with David Terrell, Charles Rogers, Braylon Edwards...etc

I remember some talking heads saying Peter Warrick was going to be the best player in that draft - also Courtney Brown was talked up like one of the best DE prospects since Bruce Smith. Really doesnt mean chit.

I saw that phrase (or it equivalents) in multiple mocks and articles online. They weren't on ESPN or NFL websites, so I doubt they threw that in for "entertainment". Yes, the draft has become a media spectacle, but that is besides the point. Whether Watkins is the second coming at wide receiver or not is NOT the point. My point was that Watkins is the only receiver generating such high praise. If you want to chalk that up to trying to get higher ratings, that's your call. I tend to think when all the "talking heads" unanimously agree, they might be on something.

I'll say it again, regardless of how deep the draft is, Watkins is still at the top and there is a rift between his talent and every other receiver's. The draft is deep at a lot of postions, but that doesn't mean all prospects from the same position are in the same tier.

I think we all know that the draft is a just each team making educated guesses. There's a reason why these guys are called prospects until they prove themselves at the next level.

JmanTheJuiceman
03-21-2014, 04:55 PM

I don't know about that ... Watkins is pretty darn good.

Since 2010 we've had:

Dez Bryant
D Thomas
Julio Jones
AJ Green

And after that I don't see anybody else that's a better prospect than Watkins is.

You could probably argue Watkins > Bryant, Thomas, and MAYBE Green (would take a full Watkins homer to argue this) ... but I don't think he's better than Jones was coming out.

Definitely Top-5 in my humble opinion since '08. CJ was in '07 right?

97srad750
03-21-2014, 06:08 PM
LOL.

I am a Gamecock fan, but your summation is clearly biased. He doesn't like press coverage? That's fine. Most receivers probably don't, it doesn't mean he can't beat it once he gets some NFL coaching and into a more comprehensive NFL offense. You wanna say he's not a great route runner because Clemson's tree isn't complex, that's fine too. The team he goes to may not even ask him to run every single route.

Watkins no longer plays for Clemson so igaf about that stupid college rivalry anymore. I don't care what school a player comes from as long as he can help my team win.

Oh, and I can damn well repeat anything I want, thanks. The sports misc is nothing more than amateur opinions and heresay anyways. All I did was mention some professionals' opinions. Get your jimmies unrustled brah.

True, but would they do it in the 1st round? No idea what their team is looking like.

I'm having an adult conversation. Some peoe can handle that and some can't. Has zero to do with jimmies rustle or james hustle or ricky bustle.

I think he's a great player. Just not generational, and certainly wouldn't spread that hyperbole. Hes certainly not some polished route runner. Hopkins last year I think is a better pure receiver. I didn't mention the rivalry, I told you how we played him. Nothing more nothing less

JmanTheJuiceman
03-21-2014, 06:14 PM
^ Hopkins was/is great, but not better than Watkins.

Impurityz
03-21-2014, 06:27 PM
lol why would the chiefs get a wr when smith cant throw past 10 yards?
Need to draft a percy harvin type wr

KryptonKnight
03-21-2014, 06:56 PM
Hopkins last year I think is a better pure receiver.

http://i57.tinypic.com/153to3c.gif

I'm having an adult conversation. Some peoe can handle that and some can't. Has zero to do with jimmies rustle or james hustle or ricky bustle.

I think he's a great player. Just not generational, and certainly wouldn't spread that hyperbole. Hes certainly not some polished route runner. I didn't mention the rivalry, I told you how we played him. Nothing more nothing less

http://i57.tinypic.com/2qut441.gif

iamgenus
03-21-2014, 07:18 PM
I don't know about that ... Watkins is pretty darn good.

Since 2010 we've had:

Dez Bryant
D Thomas
Julio Jones
AJ Green

And after that I don't see anybody else that's a better prospect than Watkins is.

You could probably argue Watkins > Bryant, Thomas, and MAYBE Green (would take a full Watkins homer to argue this) ... but I don't think he's better than Jones was coming out.

Definitely Top-5 in my humble opinion since '08. CJ was in '07 right?

Green and Jones are about on par as far as prospect status. There's a reason AJ went before Jones, he was the higher graded guy so if you're putting Jones above Watkins(and you should) then Green gets above him by default.

Bryant would've gone much higher if not for the off the field issues but Thomas was too raw when he came out. I think at worst I'd put Watkins at 4th but that's only cuz at the time Thomas needed coaching up but the numbers and potential were off the charts.

JmanTheJuiceman
03-21-2014, 07:43 PM
Green and Jones are about on par as far as prospect status. There's a reason AJ went before Jones, he was the higher graded guy so if you're putting Jones above Watkins(and you should) then Green gets above him by default.

Bryant would've gone much higher if not for the off the field issues but Thomas was too raw when he came out. I think at worst I'd put Watkins at 4th but that's only cuz at the time Thomas needed coaching up but the numbers and potential were off the charts.

Are we actually.... agreeing on something here? (Besides Green, I guess I just personally liked Jones more).

What is this

iamgenus
03-21-2014, 07:59 PM
Are we actually.... agreeing on something here? (Besides Green, I guess I just personally liked Jones more).

What is this

I am a bit sleep deprived...let's not make a habit out of this.

JmanTheJuiceman
03-21-2014, 08:01 PM
I am a bit sleep deprived...let's not make a habit out of this.

Yeah this isn't any fun.

97srad750
03-21-2014, 08:02 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/153to3c.gif

http://i57.tinypic.com/2qut441.gif

An you're in the camp that can't have a conversation

eMan0n
03-21-2014, 11:05 PM
Seahawks

Big Balls Pete is gonna want a big bodied receiver. He came up short trying to get Vincent Jackson and Brandon Marshall. Mike Williams got lazy again and Sidney Rice didn't pan out here.

KryptonKnight
03-22-2014, 01:54 AM
An you're in the camp that can't have a conversation

Apparently not with you. Good day sir, and enjoy the draft.

Seahawks

Big Balls Pete is gonna want a big bodied receiver. He came up short trying to get Vincent Jackson and Brandon Marshall. Mike Williams got lazy again and Sidney Rice didn't pan out here.

Huh. Would be interesting.

1) Will trade you Williams for a 5th rounder right now. 100% srs. He's def overpaid and not that big for a receiver.

2) Will take cap space and pay DeSean Jackson.

3) Will draft Watkins @ 7.

4) ...

5) Profit

eMan0n
03-22-2014, 03:44 AM
Apparently not with you. Good day sir, and enjoy the draft.

Huh. Would be interesting.

1) Will trade you Williams for a 5th rounder right now. 100% srs. He's def overpaid and not that big for a receiver.

2) Will take cap space and pay DeSean Jackson.

3) Will draft Watkins @ 7.

4) ...

5) Profit
u wot m8?
I was talking about the Mike Williams that played for USC, the one that became a bust and had a redemption year at Seattle then got fat and lazy again.

I hope Seattle can draft Kelvin Benjamin or Jordan Matthews.

sircharles032
03-22-2014, 07:17 AM
With our current roster I prefer the Panthers to take Cooks over Benjamin because he's a lot more polished. Would love what Benjamin would bring us, though, but with the big receivers that will be around later I say take Cooks and wait.

joedirt87
03-22-2014, 07:22 AM
I feel bad for Benjamin, he's gonna go to a team with an awful QB when what he needs is someone who can help him learn. He'll go the Chiefs or something where Alex Smith can't even throw past the line of scrimmage.

Bucs could take Watkins though Evans is the smarter pick for me to help McCown succeed. Try and emulate Marshall and Jeffery.

Swept
03-22-2014, 11:11 AM
With our current roster I prefer the Panthers to take Cooks over Benjamin because he's a lot more polished. Would love what Benjamin would bring us, though, but with the big receivers that will be around later I say take Cooks and wait.

I'm not sold on these small WR that play these spread offenses

KryptonKnight
03-22-2014, 01:43 PM
u wot m8?
I was talking about the Mike Williams that played for USC, the one that became a bust and had a redemption year at Seattle then got fat and lazy again.

I hope Seattle can draft Kelvin Benjamin or Jordan Matthews.

Ahh, my bad. Was miscing way past my bed time.

Offer still stands doe.

KryptonKnight
03-22-2014, 01:51 PM
I feel bad for Benjamin, he's gonna go to a team with an awful QB when what he needs is someone who can help him learn. He'll go the Chiefs or something where Alex Smith can't even throw past the line of scrimmage.

Bucs could take Watkins though Evans is the smarter pick for me to help McCown succeed. Try and emulate Marshall and Jeffery.

How is Evans the smarter pick? Watkins is the better receiver, and we already have a big receiver (Jackson). Getting another big-bodied, slower receiver will only decrease our versatility I think. Evans is much more raw than Watkins, and not worth either the 7th overall pick or taking by trading down (higher priorities at other positions). IMO, I think it is easier to find "a Benjamin" than it is to find "a Watkins".

Also, McCown is a 34-year old veteran quarterback. If he can only succeed with Evans (as opposed to Watkins) we're already screwed.

phillyfreak7
03-26-2014, 11:37 AM
that's like saying you'd take cheesecake over prime rib.

so different, may as well not compare them

Disagree. Both at the end of the day are required to help put up points. Cooks has more value than Evans and Benjamin.

nah. Other than Millen's ridiculousness, they've only taken a WR first like 4 or 5 times in their entire history

Derek Carr soils his undershorts when pressured.

I think he's going to be good in the NFL. I like what he has.

Sean Payton disapproves of your insolenceIn quote

JmanTheJuiceman
03-26-2014, 11:46 AM
In quote

Cooks has more value than Evans?

CurryTech777
03-26-2014, 12:08 PM
Cooks has more value than Evans?

depends on the team but i would say yes. more polished route runner and much better after the catch. evans has dem hands doe

JmanTheJuiceman
03-26-2014, 12:12 PM
I mean I like Cooks and I think he can be a great WR in the NFL...

But dayum, Evans is an absolute monster. Him and Watkins are in a class of their own.

KryptonKnight
03-26-2014, 09:38 PM
depends on the team but i would say yes. more polished route runner and much better after the catch. evans has dem hands doe

^This. Depends entirely on the scheme. You need a big receiver with a huge catch radius? Evans is your guy. You need a burner who can clown opposing DBs? Cooks is your guy. Depends on whether or not you want size or speed, inside or outside help. Neither guy has both in spades. Cooks might not be big/durable enough to man the slot permanently, where as Evans will be a nightmare to cover on the inside, and will be laughable against DBs on the outside. I think that's why Evans will come off the board first. He's not lightning but he's fast enough. Cooks is a bullet, and he can make moves after the catch, but he's the size of a cornerback, and will be smaller than most safeties.

You can also throw Kelvin Benjamin into that mix as a slower, stronger Evans with bigger hands and more upside. He'll also cost a lower pick than Evans, making him a good value for any teams picking later in the 1st round.