PDA

View Full Version : New cutting workout. Whatcha think?

GONZO613
03-20-2014, 08:03 PM
Alright guys this is gonna be a bit long winded as it is my complete workout to cut down. Im done bulking and its time to cut the fat. Warning my cardio days are going to be "Insanity" If you haven't tried it and lasted atleast 1 full workout then I dont need the negative comments about it Also im working out at home on a half rack. Before I get started here are the sups im taking for my cut if you have anything to add for that please feel free :

ON whey protein
Creapure creatine
Neptune Krill oil
Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite

Monday - Weights (full body)
3x5 clean and press from squat 135lds
3x6 bench press 185lds
3x5 squat 225lds
Cable workouts - 3x5 lat pull, chest pull, back/lat pull 65lds
Dumbells 35lds - 1x10 curls, 1x15 shoulder press, 1x15 shoulder shrugs, 1x15 tricep dips, 1x10 hammer curls

Tuesday - Insanity

Wednesday - Think about training day

Thursday - Insanity

Friday - Weights (upper body)
3x5 clean and press from squat 135lds
3x6 bench press 185lds
3x2 max bench 245lds
Cable workouts - 4x5 lat pull, chest pull, back/lat pull 65lds
Dumbells 35lds - 1x10 curls, 1x15 shoulder press, 1x15 shoulder shrugs, 1x15 tricep dips, 1x10 hammer curls
6x12 deltoid raise (butterflies & strait out) 10lds
135 Jumping Jacks (cycled between workouts)
50 High Jumps (cycled between workouts)
4 min running (cycled between workouts)

Saturday - Feel like a piece of $hit day

Sunday - Insanity or Light weight high rep workout with lots of cardio

Thanks for reading guys and reps for anyone with valued input

Chango99
03-20-2014, 08:18 PM
I think you don't know much about proper programming.

GONZO613
03-20-2014, 08:22 PM
I think you don't know much about proper programming.

Thanks really appreciate the input. So much advice I just cant thank you enough.

Chango99
03-20-2014, 08:30 PM
I'm on mobile. Don't have the time to do someone else's work for them. Start by looking at the very simple outline in the sticky http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741.

GONZO613
03-20-2014, 08:37 PM
I'm on mobile. Don't have the time to do someone else's work for them. Start by looking at the very simple outline in the sticky http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741.

Didnt ask anyone to do the work for me. I know the basic rules for a cut. The thing is I like to train hard but not sure if this is too hard for what im trying to accomplish.

Chango99
03-20-2014, 08:42 PM
Didnt ask anyone to do the work for me. I know the basic rules for a cut. The thing is I like to train hard but not sure if this is too hard for what im trying to accomplish.

Yes. Why do insanity?

GONZO613
03-20-2014, 08:48 PM
Yes. Why do insanity?

Its fun as fk! Super challenging but fun. I like being pushed to the limit of exhaustion and that feeling when you have completed a workout like that. You should try it 1 time it will show you how in shape you are and you may even like it.

MrM27
03-20-2014, 10:10 PM
Your routine looks very scattered and lacking. You would most likely benefit more from a beginner barbell program.
I see no deadlifts on your list.

vismal
03-20-2014, 10:24 PM
Didnt ask anyone to do the work for me. I know the basic rules for a cut. The thing is I like to train hard but not sure if this is too hard for what im trying to accomplish.Judging by what you posted for a workout I question that you know the basics. First you are only hitting legs once a week (insanity is not the same). You are hitting the upper body parts only twice a week. A high rep low weight Saturday workout doesn't really serve any purpose on a cut. I would do a total body 3x a week routine that included squats each session. On off days I'd do cardio (insanity if you must) and that's it. Diet is where all the weight loss comes from anyways. Your goal as far as lifting is concerned is maintenance of mass and strength. This is best accomplished by doing something you can easily recover from, hence the total body 3x a week.