PDA

View Full Version : If lebron gets 7rings would there still be a debate?

MrGrimes
03-20-2014, 04:38 PM
that he's the goat?

What would some arguments be if he got to 7 and people still say MJ is better

JmanTheJuiceman
03-20-2014, 04:40 PM
He abandoned his home team, rings don't count.

Flakoe3
03-20-2014, 04:46 PM
he'll never be the goat

IndianBrah92
03-20-2014, 04:47 PM
there wouldnt be a debate until people would actually watch him play and see that he is a robotic un smooth layup machine

JmanTheJuiceman
03-20-2014, 04:53 PM
there wouldnt be a debate until people would actually watch him play and see that he is a robotic un smooth layup machine

Sweet mother of run-on sentences.

TaeBoNinja
03-20-2014, 04:55 PM
No he would need 9 rings to pass Kobe.

03-20-2014, 05:08 PM
7 rings is a whole lot, only the most delusional would say he's not up for debate at that point. I'd probably still put MJ over him at that point just because of 2011 but if he were to somehow string together 8 then i think i'd concede that bron's legacy is better.

the one thing about MJ is that not only did he have such an accomplished career, but he was the most transcendent player to ever come into the NBA. everyone wanted to be like mike, and for a good reason. he was the closest thing to a perfect player that we'll ever see.

generally speaking i would agree, but cleveland was just a bad place to be. that team wasn't going anywhere, and nobody was gonna come to that city, regardless of how good he was. i don't really hold it against him, though i don't like how he went about it.

TexasMajor
03-20-2014, 05:12 PM

I agree with this bald phaggot.

chlaxman
03-20-2014, 05:14 PM
He didn't leave his sport and team for almost 2 seasons to go play another sport (poorly), so no.

porcupinetree
03-20-2014, 05:16 PM
Geez, he has 2.

7?

call me in a few years.

We don't even know what team he'll be on next year and I'm not sure he knows either. Miami's window seems to be closing. They might not even get to the finals this year, and Wade is going down the drain.

HelloDurr
03-20-2014, 05:16 PM
Lol 7..... Be lucky if he gets 3..

Yuh.. I said it!

Bezzz
03-20-2014, 05:17 PM
He will never be the GOAT after failing against the Mavs. 5ever just 'good'

METALxGEAR
03-20-2014, 05:17 PM

Lol @ abandoned his team he did himself a favor getting out of that ****hole if he had left earlier he would have 7 rings by now

Vhagar
03-20-2014, 05:18 PM
It's too late already for him to be the GOAT

broboma2012
03-20-2014, 05:20 PM
if he didn't win them all as the man

porcupinetree
03-20-2014, 05:23 PM
if he didn't win them all as the man

Case in point....Robert Horry has 7 rings

BullBoy8
03-20-2014, 05:26 PM
If Lebron won 7 and stayed around 27ppg 6 and 6 for rebs and asts for career, yes it would be a good debate and lebron probably win because 7/9>>6/6. Too bad Lebron wont win more than 3 (this is his last year to win) and will end up only top 3-5 (which is really good still obviously).

broboma2012
03-20-2014, 05:48 PM
If Lebron won 7 and stayed around 27ppg 6 and 6 for rebs and asts for career, yes it would be a good debate and lebron probably win because 7/9>>6/6. Too bad Lebron wont win more than 3 (this is his last year to win) and will end up only top 3-5 (which is really good still obviously).

i think he ends up with 4 as the man. he can get more if he is willing to take a back seat and ring chases.

03-20-2014, 05:51 PM
i think he ends up with 4 as the man. he can get more if he is willing to take a back seat and ring chases.

Agreed.. I could see him with 5 as the man, but probably not 7.

I personally think he should stay in miami if he wants his legacy to even be worth anything. He needs to have trust in the Godfather, he's in a good situation.

Bloodrushtiger
03-20-2014, 05:51 PM
idk , he lost the final twice, left his own team.

LeonardShelby
03-20-2014, 05:59 PM
Still would need 10 scoring titles 3 steals titles a dpoy. Still a long way to go

FGCHENG
03-20-2014, 06:00 PM
Calm your horses.. Lebron has 2 rings, and was one Ray Allen shot away from still having 1.

I think I heard from somewhere that Miami is currently the oldest team in the league. So unless Miami changes their roster, or Lebron moves to another team. This is probably the last year they (or more specifically Lebron) can compete for a title.

Apolon1
03-20-2014, 06:01 PM

Ask any real player,ring is ring.It doesent matter if you win by the home team or not

BullBoy8
03-20-2014, 06:03 PM

I gotta see what Miami does this offseason. I hope Bosh Lebron and Wade all return. They still have Cole under contract. But after that, everyone else is gone, Birdman with Player option. So the Heat are looking at a completely new cast around the avg 3.

L0lJ0ker3
03-20-2014, 06:05 PM
Lebron won't be getting 4 let alone 3 rings.

So yea.

broboma2012
03-20-2014, 06:16 PM
I gotta see what Miami does this offseason. I hope Bosh Lebron and Wade all return. They still have Cole under contract. But after that, everyone else is gone, Birdman with Player option. So the Heat are looking at a completely new cast around the avg 3.

wade plummeting off of the decline cliff is going to come. if lebron can't maintain all world status the next few years the heat will not have enough. especially if the bulls make the moves we know they should. I am doubtful of Melo with the phil hire

khanvictt
03-20-2014, 06:17 PM
lebron can win 15 rings if he wants to

aal04
03-20-2014, 06:20 PM
10 rings wont get him goat.

He has failed. thats the asterisk you cant have against your name to be labelled the goat. he can still make top 5 though.

broboma2012
03-20-2014, 06:23 PM
lebron has to over come the stigma of having one of the worst finals performances of all time. jordan ****s on lebron as far as those moments go. look at their finals averages if you want a laugh.

ShweezyBTFO
03-20-2014, 06:26 PM
Calm your horses.. Lebron has 2 rings, and was one Ray Allen shot away from still having 1.

I think I heard from somewhere that Miami is currently the oldest team in the league. So unless Miami changes their roster, or Lebron moves to another team. This is probably the last year they (or more specifically Lebron) can compete for a title.

anti-intellectualism at its finest.

BullBoy8
03-20-2014, 06:31 PM
wade plummeting off of the decline cliff is going to come. if lebron can't maintain all world status the next few years the heat will not have enough. especially if the bulls make the moves we know they should. I am doubtful of Melo with the phil hire

With Melo, we are pretty much a lock to win the east and potentially the whole thing IMO. Especially with Noah and Butler around Melo.

Without Melo, add Rose, Mirotic, 2 1sts, and then some more shooters off the bench and we are set. I would like pretty much all the Lakers as backups (srs). Get a meeks for like 3mil/yr, start him at SG, Butler at SF, and bring Dunleavy off the bench. Regardless, if we dont get melo, our depth will be great and we will be as good or better than our 2010-2012 teams pre ACL.

Obviously this is bias, but everything depends on who Miami gets around the avg 3. Im not worried about the Pacers at all, Nets will be even older, Knicks are 2 years away from anything (with or with melo next year), Charlotte wont bring in any stars unfortunately, Raptors will be legit. Health aside, next year will be Heat-Bulls ECFs again.

JmanTheJuiceman
03-20-2014, 06:32 PM
I agree with this bald phaggot.

Get your GED & rippling abs outta here.

LeonardShelby
03-20-2014, 06:48 PM
Lebron won't be getting 4 let alone 3 rings.

So yea.

I think the way that's supposed to be said is won't be getting 3 let alone 4

DKPhenomenom
03-20-2014, 07:03 PM
Lol just when I think Lebron fans can't get anymore potato. 7 rings? Dude has 2 in 11 years....

The only way Lebeta is getting another 5 rings is if he breaks into Kobe's house and steals them.

JmanTheJuiceman
03-20-2014, 07:13 PM
Lol just when I think Lebron fans can't get anymore potato. 7 rings? Dude has 2 in 11 years....

The only way Lebeta is getting another 5 rings is if he breaks into Kobe's house and steals them.

You're pretty smart.http://minus.com/lBegjhmjz4dxn

Oven has just been pre-heating boys.

AGangsta
03-20-2014, 07:41 PM
i don't think lebron will get to 7 unless he develops a game that ages better. on the other hand, no one has seen a physical freak like him play and it's mind blowing how he's been able to stay healthy and efficient for so long.

he will need to team up with another younger star who can shoulder the scoring burden. it's too hard to win a championship by yourself in this era, but lebron's vision and passing will complement a scoring superstar nicely.

Rebounds45
03-20-2014, 07:56 PM
There would be no argument if someone does win 7 rings and 7 fmvps. Thats exactly the argument.

The thing is lebronies keep insisting he surpassed MJ already.

edreese23
03-20-2014, 08:02 PM
Geez, he has 2.

7?

call me in a few years.

We don't even know what team he'll be on next year and I'm not sure he knows either. Miami's window seems to be closing. They might not even get to the finals this year, and Wade is going down the drain.

I don't get when people say Wade is "going down the drain." The only reason people think he's gotten worse is his Usage%. His career is at 31.7% and this year he's down to 27.3% and he's STILL averaging 19.3 a game on 54.7% from the field to go with 4.7 rebounds and 4.9 assists. He's still really f***ing good.

i don't think lebron will get to 7 unless he develops a game that ages better. on the other hand, no one has seen a physical freak like him play and it's mind blowing how he's been able to stay healthy and efficient for so long.

he will need to team up with another younger star who can shoulder the scoring burden. it's too hard to win a championship by yourself in this era, but lebron's vision and passing will complement a scoring superstar nicely.

His game is great for aging. His shot has improved big time. Shooting about 39% from three over his last three years, and his post up game is damn good. He's not dependent on his athleticism at all.