PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who picked BYU over Oregon?

deerdiary
03-20-2014, 01:35 PM
http://i.gyazo.com/1c990887b11bd841461a0b47ce8ab250.png

Das it mane. Not looking so good right now.

Rockhard44
03-20-2014, 01:37 PM
Why are you stalking me?

GingerBrah
03-20-2014, 01:38 PM
Lol yes. BYU is so poverty. Remember a few years back when one of their best players got kicked off the team for hooking up with a girl and they are ultra catholic or some crap

BYU of peace...

lsiberian
03-20-2014, 01:39 PM
Me too op. I lost the billion in the first game by a late bank shot. Now my other picks are getting reamed.

Umbreh
03-20-2014, 01:39 PM
Lol yes. BYU is so poverty. Remember a few years back when one of their best players got kicked off the team for hooking up with a girl and they are ultra catholic or some crap

BYU of peace...

Ultra catholic huh? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkay

GingerBrah
03-20-2014, 01:43 PM
Ultra catholic huh? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkay

I don't know what their retarded reasoning was, but I believe it had something to do with them being a catholic school and they had some rules associated with it.

Either way, poverty school, players are soft, program is soft, school is soft.

Edit: as pointed out below, Mormon, not catholic, my bad.

brb_ballin
03-20-2014, 01:43 PM
I took Oregon.

TyGuy505
03-20-2014, 01:45 PM
i picked them too in all 3 of my brackets

BYU of peace...

they're mormons not catholics

lsiberian
03-20-2014, 01:46 PM
I don't know what their retarded reasoning was, but I believe it had something to do with them being a catholic school and they had some rules associated with it.

Not sure if srs. School stands up for something decent and is soft. Our society is what is soft these days.

SubwaySub
03-20-2014, 01:50 PM
BYU. Is the school that doesn't allow their athletes to have premarital sex or drink coffee right? If memory serves they kicked their best player off the team a couple years ago for having sex with his gf of like 5 years?

brb_ballin
03-20-2014, 01:50 PM

.....stahp.

GingerBrah
03-20-2014, 01:54 PM
i picked them too in all 3 of my brackets

they're mormons not catholics

^^^^ that.

My bad

GingerBrah
03-20-2014, 01:55 PM
.....stahp.

Ok, done. :(

neighborr
03-20-2014, 01:57 PM

BYU

neighborr
03-20-2014, 01:58 PM
Not sure if srs. School stands up for something decent and is soft. Our society is what is soft these days.

Lmao the guy was caught having sex with his gf outside of marriage. BFD. Potato head

lsiberian
03-20-2014, 02:07 PM
Lmao the guy was caught having sex with his gf outside of marriage. BFD. Potato head

He agreed to their code and didn't live up to it. That's soft in my book. If you didn't want to agree to the code then go elsewhere for school.

deerdiary
03-20-2014, 02:10 PM
wtf...BYU looks horrible. I dun goofed.

iZZmatic
03-20-2014, 02:10 PM
Oregon's winning this game.

GingerBrah
03-20-2014, 02:11 PM
He agreed to their code and didn't live up to it. That's soft in my book. If you didn't want to agree to the code then go elsewhere for school.

That's 100% fair.

The only thing, is how does BYU ever expect to be a decent bball school if this is their code of conduct? Kind of limits recruiting

I get that their morals are more important to them than building a contender, but that's also why I won't cheer for them ever... They'll never be good (unless some huge influx of Mormon talent hits, but let's be cereal...)

TheMarshall
03-20-2014, 02:15 PM
Also have them even without Collinsworth. Still feel alright about it. They didn't shoot great first half.

TyGuy505
03-20-2014, 02:58 PM
oh we got a game now

deerdiary
03-20-2014, 03:06 PM
does anyone have a stream for the game?

PureCardio
03-20-2014, 03:11 PM
Came into thread to discuss WCC basketball, leaving thread wondering how grown men are not aware of BYU

CollegiateTRACK
03-20-2014, 04:58 PM
BYU lost the best player on the team due to injury and oregon scraped..

Loving Harvard > Cinci though, called that one. Friggin ohio state killing everyones dreams

plus they don't have jimmer anymore...what a fun guy to watch play college ball

deerdiary
03-20-2014, 05:08 PM
BYU lost the best player on the team due to injury and oregon scraped..

Loving Harvard > Cinci though, called that one. Friggin ohio state killing everyones dreams

plus they don't have jimmer anymore...what a fun guy to watch play college ball

Das it mane, das it. BYU destroyed me today. Might carry my depression into tomorrow.

porcupinetree
03-20-2014, 05:09 PM

Actually, he went to the coaches and confessed what he did. He accepted the punishment, served it, recommitted to the honor code, came back to the team, and is now on an NBA roster.

I'd call that high character.

BYU is not the only school with an honor code.

porcupinetree
03-20-2014, 05:11 PM
That's 100% fair.

The only thing, is how does BYU ever expect to be a decent bball school if this is their code of conduct? Kind of limits recruiting

I get that their morals are more important to them than building a contender, but that's also why I won't cheer for them ever... They'll never be good (unless some huge influx of Mormon talent hits, but let's be cereal...)

As a BYU grad, I can tell you that a thousand wins is not worth giving up the honor code.

And an influx of talent is coming. Lone Peak HS was the HS national champion last year that beat the snot out of top teams that they played in other states, and 4 of their players are signed to play at BYU. In a few years, you will be seeing a very good team.

ctownballer04
03-20-2014, 07:32 PM
As a BYU grad, I can tell you that a thousand wins is not worth giving up the honor code.

And an influx of talent is coming. Lone Peak HS was the HS national champion last year that beat the snot out of top teams that they played in other states, and 4 of their players are signed to play at BYU. In a few years, you will be seeing a very good team.

elaborate..

also, Oregon to the Elite Eight ya heard. Deadass