PDA

View Full Version : SDballer on Joakim vs Dwight

RogerSterling
03-20-2014, 08:42 AM
You really think an extra 6ppg is more valuable to a team than a center that can play defense on Lebron, Chris Paul, and Roy Hibbert; has the passing skills of a PG; and can do **** like this: http://cdn0.sbnation.com/assets/4162335/noahgoat.gif
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-H3lN9LoO_hk/Uyo5mP3nkeI/AAAAAAAAD9I/vErIpo73Dq0/s1600/jo.gif

18 ppg vs 12 ppg, thats the category dwight has an edge in.

6 ppg, really?

DasPhilosopher
03-20-2014, 08:43 AM
Inb4 sdballer

I honestly take op's side.

Just saw the gif, woah!!! Semi derrick rose footwork.

ace_gauntlit
03-20-2014, 08:45 AM
if we are talking Magic Dwight, yes

ShweezyBTFO
03-20-2014, 08:47 AM
I'd rather have Dwight because at least he won't tear his ACL next year.

Inb4 Noah isn't "mentally ready" to play in a game till the next administration is in office

RogerSterling
03-20-2014, 08:49 AM
Dwight:
PPG
RPG
BLKPG
APG
STLPG
PER

Noah:
PPG
RPG
BLKPG
APG
STLPG
PER

Oh and lets not forget FT%... Dwight 55%, Joakim: 73%

I'd rather have Dwight because at least he won't tear his ACL next year.

Inb4 Noah isn't "mentally ready" to play in a game till the next administration is in office

you'd take dwight because you are a fuking nerd IRL and found a friend online who might be normal IRL, so you agree with everything he says and follow him around from thread to thread high fiving his e-burns and passing out compliments hoping he'll like you forever.

it's desperate and pathetic and honestly gives me the creeps.

but anyway, this is about dwight vs. noah, not shweezy's obsession with sdballer

HumptyBrah
03-20-2014, 08:51 AM
One of these days people like OP will finally discover the PM system.

DasPhilosopher
03-20-2014, 08:51 AM
Dwight:
PPG
RPG
BLKPG
APG
STLPG
PER

Noah:
PPG
RPG
BLKPG
APG
STLPG
PER

THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE. The facts are there. Op, gjdm!!! Face reality please.

RogerSterling
03-20-2014, 08:55 AM
One of these days people like OP will finally discover the PM system.

PMs always seemed kinda gay to me

to each his own

HumptyBrah
03-20-2014, 08:56 AM
PMs always seemed kinda gay to me

to each his own
It's true. I do often find that I have a sudden urge to fap to shirtless men after PMing someone.

bpatel82
03-20-2014, 08:58 AM
you'd take dwight because you are a fuking nerd IRL and found a friend online who might be normal IRL, so you agree with everything he says and follow him around from thread to thread high fiving his e-burns and passing out compliments hoping he'll like you forever.

but anyway, this is about dwight vs. noah, not shweezy's obsession with sdballer

RIP CheezyGTFO

chlaxman
03-20-2014, 08:59 AM
Didn't they play head-to-head recently?

RogerSterling
03-20-2014, 09:01 AM
Didn't they play head-to-head recently?

yea, noah had a great game and dwight got taken out in the 3rd because he couldn't do **** against him and was getting frustrated

It's true. I do often find that I have a sudden urge to fap to shirtless men after PMing someone.

Then you see what I'm saying

JetLife21
03-20-2014, 09:05 AM
Give me Dwight over Noah. That scoring differential would be a lot more if Dwight was used as much as Noah is. Noah's assist numbers are impressive but its not that hard to earn an assist when your defender is playing off of you because you cant shoot. Just look at the games Harden has missed this year and you will see a Dominant Dwight. He could put up 25 and 15 if his team needed him to and they probably will in the playoffs bc Harden should continue his playoff struggles imo. The game changes a bit during the playoffs and not in favor of Harden's style of play.

and you described Shweezy perfectly.

ShweezyBTFO
03-20-2014, 09:05 AM

You really can't say this with "liberal larry chitown phaggot" in your sig. It's just bad form.

I only hound CCballer because he owes me an Applebee's groupon IRL. Time to pay up or sleep well.

ShweezyBTFO
03-20-2014, 09:11 AM
On a serious note though, you're a moron if you don't take Noah over Dwight, Jo's the DFS GOAT C. There's no point in even attempting DFS on nights when the bulls dont play, it's that drastic.

Rebounds45
03-20-2014, 09:14 AM
Imagine having both in your team

cashinout
03-20-2014, 09:15 AM
Noah can not guard lebron you clown
he can protect the rim, not guard lebron lmao

ShweezyBTFO
03-20-2014, 09:18 AM

There's a sharp dichotomy among bulls fans on sports misc. So easy to tell which is which.

RogerSterling
03-20-2014, 09:19 AM

one of multiple instances, follows him all the way out to the three point line:
http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/noahguardslebron_1.gif

really, why comment if you don't know? you'll just get exposed and feel dumb

cashinout
03-20-2014, 09:21 AM
one of multiple instances, follows him all the way out to the three point line:
http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/noahguardslebron_1.gif

really, why comment if you don't know? you'll just get exposed and feel dumb

no, thats the only gif you're going to find and I knew you'd bring it up

oh wow his shot didn't go in after a step back on a good look

amazing, he shut him down so hard

/sarcasm

Rebounds45
03-20-2014, 09:23 AM

/sarcasm

but he did guard LeBron there. It's like when people say LeBron can guard the 5. You'll just find little bits here and there too but people still say LeBron can guard the 5.

RogerSterling
03-20-2014, 09:26 AM

/sarcasm

says joakim noah can't guard lebron, sees joakim noah guard lebron, says some bull****.

another day in the sports misc

TooOld4thisSHIT
03-20-2014, 09:26 AM

Lol

cashinout
03-20-2014, 09:27 AM
says joakim noah can't guard lebron, sees joakim noah guard lebron, says some bull****.

another day in the sports misc

w.e

we'll see how it works for him in the playoffs

AGAIN and AGAIN

IndianBrah92
03-20-2014, 09:29 AM
Dwight:
PPG
RPG
BLKPG
APG
STLPG
PER

Noah:
PPG
RPG
BLKPG
APG
STLPG
PER

Lmao shweezy is the corniest person I've met on this forum.

Nerd irl for sure

ShweezyBTFO
03-20-2014, 09:31 AM
Lmao shweezy is the corniest person I've met on this forum.

Nerd irl for sure

Rollin' with codeine and a swisha
Chit I just might kiss her
She just changed her Twitter
To "Indianbrah-Gets-Me-Wetter"
And you know that I believe it
Cause her puhssy the meanest
She don't fukc with many nikkas
She don’t fukc with any nikkas
Yeah I call all the dibs on mine
I call all the nines and dimes

Ivan7x
03-20-2014, 09:32 AM
yea, noah had a great game and dwight got taken out in the 3rd because he couldn't do **** against him and was getting frustrated
yea no Dwight was the only rockets starter playing well..not saying noah didnt play him well but it wasnt cause "he couldnt do chit against him" he got taken out cause the rockets didnt show up

aslo why didnt you talk about the previous meeting between the two?

noah 3-8 and 6pts

Howard 11-14 and 23 pts

IndianBrah92
03-20-2014, 09:32 AM
Rollin' with codeine and a swisha
Chit I just might kiss her
She just changed her Twitter
To "Indianbrah-Gets-Me-Wetter"
And you know that I believe it
Cause her puhssy the meanest
She don't fukc with many nikkas
She donít fukc with any nikkas
Yeah I call all the dibs on mine
I call all the nines and dimes

You signed to a major yet?

Google is your friend

ShweezyBTFO
03-20-2014, 09:36 AM
Google is your friend

I don't think anyone is surprised that you look up to an OVO artist.

wifestealer
03-20-2014, 09:38 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/0_0.gif

but dwight > noah. when was the last time noah got triple teamed?

/thread.

if you had to choose which one would win a ring sooner it would definitely be dwight.

JetLife21
03-20-2014, 09:42 AM

/sarcasm

How is a fadeaway jumper after losing your balance and travelling a good shot? If this was college, Lebron would have been called for travelling on that play.

Noah is twice the defender as Lebron is and is a much more versatile defender than LeBron.

Vitamin0
03-20-2014, 09:46 AM
I think it's pretty clear that Noah is the best center in the game (SRS).

HoustonMiscer
03-20-2014, 10:01 AM
Houston Dwight brah speaking here. Honestly I don't really give a fuk who is better as long as the Rockets keep winning srs. In my opinion Bulls fans shouldn't give a fuk either as long as their team keeps winning. As a fan though it is nice to feel like one of your players is the best in the league at his position though not gonna lie. Dwight has been excellent for the Rockets for the most part. He has had some bad games, everyone has bad games. But he has changed this team a whole lot of the better. You can't argue that. They wouldn't be where they are without Dwight no matter how many PPG, RPG, BPG. However, in my opinion Noah has done excellent as well. Many would probably say that this the best year of his career. The Bulls don't have the luxury of having a guy who can score as much and as easily as James Harden can so Noah has had to take a lot of the offensive load on his shoulders. And I'm not just talking scoring, I'm talking playmaking and offensive rebounding also. I think Noah has had the better year. But this doesn't mean that I am a Dwight hater or some chit or that I hate on my own team. I'm just being fukking real. (srs)

IndianBrah92
03-20-2014, 10:09 AM
I don't think anyone is surprised that you look up to an OVO artist.

lol OVO and OMO put out some bangers bro

isp
03-20-2014, 10:32 AM
Orlando Dwight isn't gonna happen again

would take Noah

MontelWilliams
03-20-2014, 10:35 AM
OP is a ginger so anything he says or does is invalid

plus, how is derrick "petal" rose doing this year? Oh yeah, he's gonna be scrub for the rest of his career. U must be sooooo perturbed.

RogerSterling
03-20-2014, 10:41 AM
OP is a ginger so anything he says or does is invalid

plus, how is derrick "petal" rose doing this year? Oh yeah, he's gonna be scrub for the rest of his career. U must be sooooo perturbed.

lol wut? first time i've ever been called a ginger, which is weird because you can't even see my hair

also lol at trying to troll with derrick rose's injury. terrible, i award you no points--and i appreciate a good troll job. you can join cashinout and just leave this thread before you shame yourself further

MusicalHam
03-20-2014, 10:55 AM
Dwight:
PPG
RPG
BLKPG
APG
STLPG
PER

Noah:
PPG
RPG
BLKPG
APG
STLPG
PER

but anyway, this is about dwight vs. noah, not shweezy's obsession with sdballerSo basically youre saying a first option Noah trying as hard as he can still isnt as good as a passive third option D12

Numbers never lie Dwight >>>>>>>>>> Noah

sdballer5588
03-20-2014, 11:23 AM
You already know you are wrong, why bother "arguing" with you.

MurkinSeason
03-20-2014, 11:25 AM
Dwight sucks now.

And why does SD have his own thread every day.

MurkinSeason
03-20-2014, 11:26 AM
Orlando Dwight isn't gonna happen again

would take Noah

Thank you! Someone with a brain

RogerSterling
03-20-2014, 11:37 AM
You already know you are wrong, why bother "arguing" with you.

lol child pls

SD"6pts"Baller

RAdaRuggedMan
03-20-2014, 11:39 AM
How is a fadeaway jumper after losing your balance and travelling a good shot? If this was college, Lebron would have been called for travelling on that play.

Noah is twice the defender as Lebron is and is a much more versatile defender than LeBron.
So stepbacks are travels now? Got it.

sdballer5588
03-20-2014, 11:43 AM
lol child pls

SD"6pts"Baller

6 points is a lot. Especially when you consider Noah is the Bulls 1st option Dwight is borderline 3rd.

Lol before someone bothers, I am obviously exaggerating but the bulls ahve no real first option

SubwaySub
03-20-2014, 11:50 AM
Noah gets his team fired up when they're losing. Dwight laughs and gets everyone pissed at him. Also lol at having to be taken out of close games cause of FT, who are you? dwight drummond?

sdballer5588
03-20-2014, 11:54 AM
Noah gets his team fired up when they're losing. Dwight laughs and gets everyone pissed at him. Also lol at having to be taken out of close games cause of FT, who are you? dwight drummond?

Lol, so you just make **** up now. Interesting defense. This is why this argument is stupid.

The difference in their abilities is so night and day half of what you say involving Noah is never statistically relevant. Aw he tries real hard.

HayZues Christi
03-20-2014, 11:57 AM
6 points is a lot. Especially when you consider Noah is the Bulls 1st option Dwight is borderline 3rd.

Lol before someone bothers, I am obviously exaggerating but the bulls ahve no real first option

noah is bulls first option?

Deng(b4 trade), boozer, and dj Augustin sll average more points and shots.

I don't know where to find usage rates, but I am sure you do. Can you look them up for me for noah vs othet bulls vs dwight vs pgs.

srs

isp
03-20-2014, 11:57 AM
Stats aside, I just like Noah more from a competitor standpoint. He doesn't want to be friends or well liked by everyone in the league and you'll never see him smiling or not caring when his team is losing either. Pretty much never have to question his effort or heart.

RAdaRuggedMan
03-20-2014, 11:58 AM

I don't know where to find usage rates, but I am sure you do. Can you look them up for me for noah vs othet bulls vs dwight vs pgs.

srs
LMAO notsureifsrs. It's fuking 2014 you imbecile.

JetLife21
03-20-2014, 12:00 PM
So stepbacks are travels now? Got it.

Stepback? He stops his dribble and then jumpstops but then moves both feet to stepback for the shot after the jumpshot. That is a travel as soon as either foot hits the floor, with the ball still in his hands, after he executed the jumpshot. I wouldn't expect a casual fan that bandwagons the Heat to understand these type of things though as Lebron and Wade can walk from one end to the other without a travel call.

sdballer5588
03-20-2014, 12:02 PM

srs

No I know his usage rate is far lower than Dwights.

Even on the team it's not very high, but again, it's because he is pretty handicapped in terms of offense.

On defense they're at best a wash/comparable.

On offense Dwight is literally 10x better.

IndianBrah92
03-20-2014, 12:04 PM
Stepback? He stops his dribble and then jumpstops but then moves both feet to stepback for the shot after the jumpshot. That is a travel as soon as either foot hits the floor, with the ball still in his hands, after he executed the jumpshot. I wouldn't expect a casual fan that bandwagons the Heat to understand these type of things though as Lebron and Wade can walk from one end to the other without a travel call.

Let's be honest tho, the majority of the nba travels while attempting to do a step back. And it usually looks ugly as hell

sdballer5588
03-20-2014, 12:08 PM
Not looking to talk to a bunch of bulls fans who are purposely misrepresenting what I am saying.

Dwight is a better player top to bottom, I have a hard time believing anyone could have a legit reason to disagree.

Also no one on Earth addressed me when I asked why no one was so high on Noah LAST year, when he had nearly identical stats.

HayZues Christi
03-20-2014, 12:08 PM
No I know his usage rate is far lower than Dwights.

Even on the team it's not very high, but again, it's because he is pretty handicapped in terms of offense.

On defense they're at best a wash/comparable.

On offense Dwight is literally 10x better.

I agree dwight is much better scorer. But saying he is 10x better is a joke. would be like saying lillard is 10x better than rondo offensively.

Noah is superior and more versatile defender imo. The metrics support this.

IndianBrah92
03-20-2014, 12:10 PM
Not looking to talk to a bunch of bulls fans who are purposely misrepresenting what I am saying.

Dwight is a better player top to bottom, I have a hard time believing anyone could have a legit reason to disagree.

Also no one on Earth addressed me when I asked why no one was so high on Noah LAST year, when he had nearly identical stats.

i dont think dwight is a better defender than noah especially this year. on ball defense is not even close, noah is way more skilled.

even offensively you could make a case for noah, he is wayy more ambidextrous, can shoot the ball better etc.

sdballer5588
03-20-2014, 12:11 PM
I agree dwight is much better scorer. But saying he is 10x better is a joke. would be like saying lillard is 10x better than rondo offensively.

Noah is superior and more versatile defender imo. The metrics support this.

For this season maybe. Dwight is a 4x DPOY. So like I said, these Noah arguments don't go past this one season, where I think he 100% deserves DPOY btw.

Noah gets most of his point on broken plays offensive boards / put backs. Dwight scores on actual iso post ups run for him. I watch more Dwight than Noah this year, but I never see Noah have plays run specifically for him, because they're not comparable on offense.

Anyone who would ever utter Noah is better or even equivalent on offense is just wrong. Better FT shooter, not better on offense.

HayZues Christi
03-20-2014, 12:12 PM

I have addressed that. I was this high on noah last year. But the added consistency and next level in usage has brought national recognition.

Also his numbers on season dont tell entire story. Sure he averaged 4 apg last year and 5 apg this year. But he has averaged 7apg since deng trade

I apologize for typos. On train.

RogerSterling
03-20-2014, 12:13 PM

bulls fans have been high on noah for the past 3-4 years. the media is just catching up.

people were calling us crazy for not wanting to trade him+picks to the nuggets for carmelo a few years ago, now people see why.

sdballer5588
03-20-2014, 12:13 PM
i dont think dwight is a better defender than noah especially this year. on ball defense is not even close, noah is way more skilled.

even offensively you could make a case for noah, he is wayy more ambidextrous, can shoot the ball better etc.

When does Dwight ever need to play on ball defense? Noah fans are literally going off of one gif, where LeBron missed a very make-able shot.

Dwight is a great defender.

HayZues Christi
03-20-2014, 12:15 PM
For this season maybe. Dwight is a 4x DPOY. So like I said, these Noah arguments don't go past this one season, where I think he 100% deserves DPOY btw.

Noah gets most of his point on broken plays offensive boards / put backs. Dwight scores on actual iso post ups run for him. I watch more Dwight than Noah this year, but I never see Noah have plays run specifically for him, because they're not comparable on offense.

Anyone who would ever utter Noah is better or even equivalent on offense is just wrong. Better FT shooter, not better on offense.

Yeah I am talking this year. Dwight has by far had better career.

RogerSterling
03-20-2014, 12:15 PM

and this one season he is the best C in the NBA, we're not talking lifetime acheivment. is kobe the best SG in the NBA?

RogerSterling
03-20-2014, 12:16 PM
When does Dwight ever need to play on ball defense?

never, and he couldn't if he needed to.

lol at going off one gif.

sdballer5588
03-20-2014, 12:17 PM
I have addressed that. I was this high on noah last year. But the added consistency and next level in usage has brought national recognition.

Also his numbers on season dont tell entire story. Sure he averaged 4 apg last year and 5 apg this year. But he has averaged 7apg since deng trade

I apologize for typos. On train.

Ok, well Dwight was half dead last year and was still the superior player without much argument. I agree Noah is having a great year, I just do not think there is a very good case for him being a better player than Dwight is all.

His assists are impressive, but when I watch him in game, he almost fades from view for huge stretched, whereas Dwight requires constant doubles, and another thing about Dwights defensive numbers is that you can't have a metric for the times someone has not gone into the lane for fear of him blocking you, or jsut shots altered or degree of difficulty added.

That would be my one intangible that Dwight has.

bulls fans have been high on noah for the past 3-4 years. the media is just catching up.

people were calling us crazy for not wanting to trade him+picks to the nuggets for carmelo a few years ago, now people see why.

I loved Noah at Florida, and I am still a fan. I'm just not going to sit here and pretend I think there's much of a case for taking him over Dwight. Noah is the guy you want as your teammate, in a locker room sense.

Dwight is the overall more talented basketball player, much more gifted.

I hope Noah keeps it up. Dn why you guys sometimes act like I am hating on him. Great player, just not the best center in the league in my opinion.

sdballer5588
03-20-2014, 12:19 PM
never, and he couldn't if he needed to.

lol at going off one gif.

The whole thing got blown out of proportion from that one play, just like people overrated LeBrons ability to "guard 5 position."

and this one season he is the best C in the NBA, we're not talking lifetime acheivment. is kobe the best SG in the NBA?

Fallacy #328974986, Kobe is not even playing this season. Dwight and Noah are. Try again. Kobe wasn't even the best SG last year.

ShweezyBTFO
03-20-2014, 12:22 PM

Do you even DFS brah? Would take Noah at his price tag over Dwight at his.

Yours truly,

RL 5 dollar parlay betting nerd

sdballer5588
03-20-2014, 12:23 PM
Do you even DFS brah? Would take Noah at his price tag over Dwight at his.

Yours truly,

RL 5 dollar parlay betting nerd

I already said that is the only reason anyone could EVER say they'd take Noah on a team.

Because he is worth significantly less money. He's on a good contract.

IndianBrah92
03-20-2014, 12:24 PM
When does Dwight ever need to play on ball defense? Noah fans are literally going off of one gif, where LeBron missed a very make-able shot.

Off of switches he does, if they want to play the roll and unless the guy using the screen can't knock down shots. ive seen it happen. dwight is an average on ball defender at best, using his body as an advantage

HayZues Christi
03-20-2014, 12:30 PM

off one gif?? Bro that is asanine, and you really need to watch mor
e bulls games. It's worth it. Fun team.

noah is an elite PERIMETER defender. That gif barely scratches the surface.

I agree that Dwight is a better rim protector for his intimidation factor alone. Changes 3x as many shots as he blocks.

laxster
03-20-2014, 12:32 PM
dat power

t5vPfE47ivQ

dat steal

KoN3wAVvZEE

dat other steal

xIXk0yIjZ4I

dat freight train

R-i794uNzX4

SORRY DIRK!!!

8RdTJTjFvpk

sdballer5588
03-20-2014, 12:35 PM
off one gif?? Bro that is asanine, and you really need to watch mor
e bulls games. It's worth it. Fun team.

noah is an elite PERIMETER defender. That gif barely scratches the surface.

You might be pushing it. I watch a lot of bulls, just not as much as when my boy was healthy.

Maybe I should watch more.

HayZues Christi
03-20-2014, 12:37 PM
Boogie is such a monster.

Poppingtags
03-20-2014, 01:20 PM
At least you can leave Noah out on the floor during close games in the 4th quarter. Idk how Howard manages to suck so badly at free throws. It's truly amazing a professional NBA player can barely make 50% of free throws.

lsiberian
03-20-2014, 02:20 PM
Howard may be the better player, but I'd rather have Noah on my team.

FGCHENG
03-20-2014, 02:45 PM
Noah >>>>> Dwight

He can do so much more than Dwight.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/rockets-coach-kevin-mchale-lauds-joakim-noah--and-not-dwight-howard--for-defensive-player-of-the-year-honors-212640201.html

Creaso
03-20-2014, 03:38 PM
Dwight:
PPG
RPG
BLKPG
APG
STLPG
PER

Noah:
PPG
RPG
BLKPG
APG
STLPG
PER

3 assist equals 6 to 9 points. So let's take the middle ground and 7.5 points do Noah> Dwight. Ever Kevin Mchale thinks so.

He talked about how good Noah was and Dwight totally got beat in the head to head. Dwight is a good second best player on a team, but the days of him being the best center are obviously over

khanvictt
03-20-2014, 03:56 PM
IN on sports misc applebees meetup. schweeiszy my nikka thanks for spotting us with the groupon

broboma2012
03-20-2014, 05:36 PM

you clearly have never watched noah as he is definitely not just a 'rim protector'. That's dwight yet he still manages only a poverty .3 more blocks. lol

noah routinely goes out to the perimeter. noah and dwight are not a wash defensively this year. noah is a far more versatile defender and has anchored what is routinely the best defense in the league for the last 3-4 years. The idea that marc gasol was DPOY last year was a joke.

Gabe95
03-20-2014, 07:44 PM
Dwight sucks now.

And why does SD have his own thread every day.

Says the Magic fan..

DKPhenomenom
03-20-2014, 08:04 PM

Lol. Hit the nail on the head with this post.

RIP Shweezy.

In b4 RogerSterling is banned after shweezy snitches.