PDA

View Full Version : How to stop sweets/sugar cravings?

DUKE546
03-19-2014, 12:53 PM
Hey guys!

So I probably have the worlds biggest sweet tooth, last august I got a hold of my diet and kicked sweets and fast food and soft drinks. I've managed to not start the habit of eating those things anymore besides sweets... You may say well just not eat them? Easier said than done.. I feel like a smoker, I need a sugar fix otherwise thats all I can think about. To understand how big of a problem this is, my usual evening consist of me watching netflix with a half gallon of milk in one hand and a box of oreos in the other, I will finish the box of oreos in one sitting. I never see any physical side effects because I don't gain weight no matter how much I eat of anything.. but I know this is not good for my body at all.. Does anyone have any suggestions how how to stop this craving?!

Thanks!

THSP
03-19-2014, 01:03 PM
Stop eating sweets completely for a month. Create a big investment in this goal somehow. Reward yourself with something you want but would otherwise not splurge on. If you can cut them out for that long those foods generally make you feel sick in excess afterwards.

onelochevy
03-19-2014, 01:05 PM
Find something clean to eat that can curb the cravings. I fukin loooooove candy. Love it. Always have. What I do when I want something sweet is take some vanilla greek yogurt and mix in some frozen mixed berries. That usually knocks the craving out.

knowledgeEpower
03-19-2014, 01:13 PM
Find something clean to eat that can curb the cravings. I fukin loooooove candy. Love it. Always have. What I do when I want something sweet is take some vanilla greek yogurt and mix in some frozen mixed berries. That usually knocks the craving out.
lol clean, and yeah by eating a crap ton of sugar that is in vanilla GY and berries, you sure do knockout that craving and show it who is boss.

beastlymandude
03-19-2014, 01:21 PM
You crave these foods because you completely eliminated them from your diet. It's okay to include "treats" or things you enjoy in your diet; just use moderation and common sense. Learn to have a few Oreos rather than pig out on an entire box of them. Otherwise, you'll just fall into this endless cycle of restriction, overconsumption, and regret.

PBateman2
03-19-2014, 01:33 PM
http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af228/mrgrewal/tumblr_mue0bjRnMY1rty7oao1_500.jpg (http://s1010.photobucket.com/user/mrgrewal/media/tumblr_mue0bjRnMY1rty7oao1_500.jpg.html)

Domicron
03-19-2014, 01:50 PM
http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af228/mrgrewal/tumblr_mue0bjRnMY1rty7oao1_500.jpg (http://s1010.photobucket.com/user/mrgrewal/media/tumblr_mue0bjRnMY1rty7oao1_500.jpg.html)

well luckily for me i already look sexy as **** while eating sweets.

just kidding. i actually find that limiting sweets helps me limit my cravings. having just gotten back from Hong Kong (official thread with food pics coming maybe tonight or tomorrow) and having sweet baked goods and such everywhere and pretty cheap, i found myself constantly snacking on them.

when i'm home i don't really drink soda and rarely eat sweets. i find that when i do snag a cookie my sister baked or some candy that i get more and more urges to eat them.

try snacking on fruit or something. all else fails maybe try picking up some gum.

accounts
03-19-2014, 02:45 PM
pudding packet and fat free whipyo

PBateman2
03-19-2014, 03:27 PM
Here is a crazy thought.

You could just deal with your craving head on and man the fuk up a bit. Deal with a little discomfort. Build some willpower, mental strength, and discipline.

Searching4Truth
03-19-2014, 03:37 PM
I buy a jar of nutella and just dab the tip of my finger into it throughout the day. I probably do it about 3 times a day, may 2-3 dabs each. It takes me about 2 weeks to scrape the bottom. I probably nibble on about 50-60 calories worth of nuttella a day. I actually buy the one called Hershey's spread, but they're the same exact thing.

brandonbourgoin
03-19-2014, 03:42 PM
I also have a huge sweet tooth. Matter of fact i HAVE TO eat something sweet after every meal to be satisfied. What i recommend and am slowly learning to do is include these sweet foods like candy but eat them in moderation. Count your calories. For instance last night after my last meal i had 10 sweedish fish. Its all about moderation which is one of the great reasons why its easy to stay consistant with flexible dieting

ThisIsTheOne89
03-19-2014, 04:08 PM
Negative association works for me. I associate sugary things with badness/being fat such that everytime i eat chcocolate i feel terrible therefore avoiding this. Try slicing up your favourite fruits and eating some after a meal. Over time you will realise how amazing and refreshing fruit is

Mr_Aryze
03-19-2014, 04:26 PM
Here is a crazy thought.

You could just deal with your craving head on and man the fuk up a bit. Deal with a little discomfort. Build some willpower, mental strength, and discipline.And drink some chocolate milk!!

knowledgeEpower
03-19-2014, 04:31 PM
So let me get this straight, multiple people in this thread are saying sugar is bad for you, then going on to recommend eating fruits. Is this real life?

orb85750
03-19-2014, 07:31 PM
Eat some super-dark chocolate -- very slowly. Well, it works for me, but maybe not for everyone. I swear that I like chocolate more than any woman I've ever known.

DUKE546
03-19-2014, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the input guys I'll see what I can do!

Javers
03-19-2014, 08:18 PM
Sugar and sweets to stop the craving (srs)