PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a little help on my Bracket!

CBN180
03-18-2014, 08:43 PM
Sorry to start a thread but gotta try to finish this tonight, I know it's easy to over think it but I'd just like to hear some other opinions. Alright so here are my Teams starting in the Elite 8.

Elite 8:
- Florida vs New Mexico
- MSU vs Iowa State
- Arizona VS Wisconsin
- Duke vs Witchita St.

Final 4
- Iowa State vs Florida
- Witchita State vs. Wisconsin

National Championship
- WSU vs Florida

Champions:
Witchita State

Am I the only one who believes

a) Iowa State matches up terrific with MSU and Ejim can dominate Payne while Kane or Hogue can lock down any guard that got hot. I think if ISU gets to Michigan St. They should be favored, this "healthy MSU" team isn't flawless.

and then MAINLY ...

b) Is Witchita State that crazy of a pick because when I discuss this with people in person it seems like i'm picking Albany to win it all. They're better than last year when they lost by 4 to Louisville and I don't think Louisville has improved. Kentucky is overrated and might not get past K-State

so give me some thoughts.. Is WSU not a viable contender and how does my elite 8 and final 4 look to u guys..

tsbalr120
03-18-2014, 09:17 PM
You make good arguments for your picks, that's all you can do. Your argument for Iowa vs MSU got me thinking.

I personally think witchita will lose to kentucky because of the "war of attrition" factor. They haven't really struggled or been challenged IMO, i think their close games were just them having an off game, not really being challenged. If kentucky can come in loose playing with nothing to lose I feel an upset. But who knows with this team, I could be completely wrong.

CBN180
03-18-2014, 09:37 PM
You make good arguments for your picks, that's all you can do. Your argument for Iowa vs MSU got me thinking.

I personally think witchita will lose to kentucky because of the "war of attrition" factor. They haven't really struggled or been challenged IMO, i think their close games were just them having an off game, not really being challenged. If kentucky can come in loose playing with nothing to lose I feel an upset. But who knows with this team, I could be completely wrong.

I may be a bit biased towards ISU but looking at pure facts

-Ejim was player of the year of the "Phenom" Andrew Wiggins, and lots of people we're confused on why Kane the other Senior didn't get it over Ejim
-Won the conference tournament in what may be the deepest conference
-Fred Hoiberg has yet to have his national breakout moment, a win over Izzo may be what he needs