PDA

View Full Version : Henry Melton signs with Dallas Cowboys

DaarioNaharis
03-18-2014, 07:51 PM
Adam Schefter ********@AdamSchefter 1h

Cowboys and DT Henry Melton are putting finishing touches on a multi-year deal, according to a source.

Good signing if he's able to play at the same level after dat ACL injury.

MurkinSeason
03-18-2014, 07:55 PM
Adam Schefter ********@AdamSchefter 1h

Cowboys and DT Henry Melton are putting finishing touches on a multi-year deal, according to a source.

Good signing if he's able to play at the same level after dat ACL injury.

Yup I like it. Hopefully he can stay healthy..

Anyone know if the boys are still trying to get Jared Allen or did that fall through. I'd assume since we got Melton they will move on from Allen

homicidal_misc
03-18-2014, 08:12 PM
Yup I like it. Hopefully he can stay healthy..

Anyone know if the boys are still trying to get Jared Allen or did that fall through. I'd assume since we got Melton they will move on from Allen
Ian Rapoport ********@RapSheet 1h

Dominoes in this Henry Melton signing by #Cowboys, who have just $7M in cap space. Dallas becomes an unlikely landing spot for Jared Allen

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/18/report-jared-allen-unlikely-to-sign-with-cowboys/

hopefully da Bears get Allen and draft Donald.

bigcc
03-18-2014, 09:44 PM
hopefully da Bears get Allen and draft Donald.

Signing Idonije makes me think that ship has sailed.

In b4 Allen to Seattle

homicidal_misc
03-18-2014, 09:47 PM
Signing Idonije makes me think that ship has sailed.

In b4 Allen to Seattle
Signing a special teams ace to a vet min contract isn't going to stop us from making a run. The Bears have more cap space and don't have multiple impending monster contracts (Thomas, Sherman, Wilson). Not saying it can't or won't happen, but the Bears signing Idonije doesn't mean anything on that front.

niknguyen
03-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Damn good signing if he can produce like pre-injury.

Who are they cutting to make salary work?,

bigcc
03-18-2014, 10:22 PM
Signing a special teams ace to a vet min contract isn't going to stop us from making a run. The Bears have more cap space and don't have multiple impending monster contracts (Thomas, Sherman, Wilson). Not saying it can't or won't happen, but the Bears signing Idonije doesn't mean anything on that front.

ahh had no idea what contract terms were, if Allen came here it'd be short term (I'm seeing a justin tuck type deal), if bears can produce a longer more lucrative contract id imagine he takes it.

Damn good signing if he can produce like pre-injury.

Who are they cutting to make salary work?,

FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo reports Henry Melton's deal is a one-year contract that turns into a four-year agreement if he's on the Cowboys' roster the first day of the 2015 league year.
Per Garafolo, more guaranteed money will also kick in if Melton survives through the first day of the next league year. It's creative structuring that could pan out in a big way for the Cowboys if Melton bounces back from his torn ACL for a strong 2014. Mar 18 - 10:29 PM

so pretty much sounds like a one year deal id guess