PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Pearl to Auburn

fly4navy117
03-18-2014, 03:28 PM
Home. Run. Hire.

Jay Jacobs has made some really potato coaching decisions during his tenure at Auburn. Between Gus Malzahn, Bruce Pearl and Sunny Golloway, Jacobs has unbelievably exceeded my expectations in the last 18 months.

ko5567
03-18-2014, 03:41 PM
Agreed jacobs has really stepped it up with his latest hires. Pretty excited about our bball team moving forward considering it has been pretty pathetic.

Big_Pete1000
03-18-2014, 03:44 PM
SEC gonna SEC

isp
03-18-2014, 03:57 PM
I think it's a great hire and Pearl is just what that program needed...though he's got his work cut out for him now.

Auburn doesn't have much basketball tradition. Charles Barkley is the first thing that comes to mind when I think Auburn BB, and they've only made the NCAA tourny 8 times total...

Give it some time and he'll probably get you guys on the map again.

fly4navy117
03-18-2014, 06:29 PM
I think it's a great hire and Pearl is just what that program needed...though he's got his work cut out for him now.

Auburn doesn't have much basketball tradition. Charles Barkley is the first thing that comes to mind when I think Auburn BB, and they've only made the NCAA tourny 8 times total...

Give it some time and he'll probably get you guys on the map again.I'm obvious willing to give him the time he needs, but the SEC is basically wide open behind Kentucky and Florida. I think his coaching is going to yield substantial results quickly. Not saying we'll be toppling giants and knocking off powerhouses overnight, but Pearl will have us competing for titles sooner rather than later.

PureCardio
03-18-2014, 08:36 PM
Let the recruiting violations begin