PDA

View Full Version : James Jones Signs with Raiders

DaarioNaharis
03-17-2014, 02:45 PM
Adam Schefter ********@AdamSchefter 56s

Raiders reached agreement with former Packers WR James Jones, per ESPN source.

#Ding

RippedKuntBrah
03-17-2014, 02:48 PM
Inb4 he has his worst year yet

Dave P
03-17-2014, 02:48 PM
Nice pickup for them, unexpected.

cor030
03-17-2014, 02:52 PM
fukk

brb_ballin
03-17-2014, 02:53 PM
inb4 everyone rages that he doesn't put up the same numbers without taking into to consideration he's going from Rodgers to whoever Oakland puts out there.

Poppingtags
03-17-2014, 02:56 PM
Very good #2 receiver in my opinion, but that is also with Rodgers throwing him the ball. I could see him having a good year but he won't put up the same numbers obviously.

pedobearu_aware
03-17-2014, 02:57 PM
Not too shabby.

bananabucket
03-17-2014, 02:57 PM
fukk

lmao

DA_MOSS
03-17-2014, 02:58 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/earthquake.gif

DaarioNaharis
03-17-2014, 03:05 PM
Very good #2 receiver in my opinion, but that is also with Rodgers throwing him the ball. I could see him having a good year but he won't put up the same numbers obviously.

Don't worry Raiders gonna use all their draft picks oN QBs.. Someone will get da ball to him next season

Dave P
03-17-2014, 03:07 PM
Doubt it, I expect them to try to pickup a Veteran FA like Schaub, Freeman, Sanchez, Fitzpatrick, Vick etc and maybe draft a QB that will ride the bench for a year.

Upshall18
03-17-2014, 03:08 PM
So if Cam has no one to throw the ball to next year will they classify him as a RB for fantasy football?

DaarioNaharis
03-17-2014, 03:24 PM
4 added pieces to the broken puzzle: Austin Howard, Justin Tuck, Woodley, & James Jones.

solosan
03-17-2014, 03:27 PM
seems like everyone the Raiders are signing are experienced, Super Bowl winners (Tuck, Woodley, and Jones)

momason
03-17-2014, 04:08 PM
inb4 everyone rages that he doesn't put up the same numbers without taking into to consideration he's going from Rodgers to whoever Oakland puts out there.

it will be so hard to replicate 800 yards and 3 touchdowns.

joedirt87
03-17-2014, 04:21 PM
http://replygif.net/i/980.gif

He'll be out of the league in 3.

HumptyBrah
03-17-2014, 04:26 PM
After a disastrous start to FA, the Raiders are putting a decent class together. I question their old guy obsession though.

brb_ballin
03-17-2014, 04:29 PM
it will be so hard to replicate 800 yards and 3 touchdowns.

yes cause he played all season with Rodgers while being healthy himself...

CurryTech777
03-17-2014, 04:36 PM
yes cause he played all season with Rodgers while being healthy himself...

we all know matt flynn is a better qb stfu

Upshall18
03-17-2014, 04:46 PM
3 years 11.3 million. Good deal wow

niknguyen
03-17-2014, 04:50 PM
fukk

Das it mane

What other wr's are even on the market anymore

PointBreak85
03-17-2014, 05:08 PM
3 years 11.3 million. Good deal wow**** yeah

Reggie

kerry989
03-17-2014, 05:11 PM
I'm kind of blown away that we got him for less than 4m a year, when the Panthers are so needy at WR. After the saffold mess, I'm starting to feel good about our other additions

PolishPhenom
03-17-2014, 05:33 PM
Don't get me wrong it is nice to see the Raiders make some moves but all their doing is signing some over the hill type players to questionable contracts. The Pittsburgh Steelers simply dont cut players when they have money remaining on their contract, especially when these players produce on the field. Lamar Woodley was clearly one of the guys Mike Tomlin identified as being a problem in the locker room. I know he only got a 2 year contract but I don't see him panning out in Oakland. The Justin Tuck signing was very good IMO, good term and good value for him. Austin Howard at 5-30 seems a bit over the top for an unproven player. It COULD pan out, but as of right now it seems like they just threw the book at him. Same thing goes for McFadden. WTF are they thinking resigning him? The guy clearly can't play a full season and won't have much of an impact imo this upcoming season. James Jones is a good pickup but isn't he already passed his prime? The guy is used to having the most accurate qbs in the league throwing him back shoulder fades all day long - now he is stuck with McGloin / Pryor or one of the chit draftees. By the time the qb is groomed properly Jones will be an over the hill type player and probably will be in New England trying to win a ring.

PointBreak85
03-17-2014, 05:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/OWFgHD1.gif

HoustonMiscer
03-17-2014, 05:36 PM

inb4 Schaub

jsmoor09
03-17-2014, 05:37 PM
I expected the price to be worse. I don't think he's going to be great there. And obviously the change from Rodgers to scrub affects that. But, you've got to consider it when signing a guy.

NeoKantian
03-17-2014, 05:52 PM
Who is the QB of the Raiders? Last I remember it was McGloin.

cor030
03-17-2014, 06:00 PM
in all seriousness 3 years/$11m is a very good deal for Oakland, IMO.

59 receptions, 817 yards, 3 TD's.. those are solid #2 receiver stats, especially when you consider he was:
a) the 3rd option in the passing game,
b) played 14 games
c) 8 of those 14 games were with Senaca Wallace, Scott Tolzien, and Matt effing Flynn starting at quarterback

again, by no means a #1 caliber wide receiver.. won't be a guy teams gameplan around and won't single handedly put da team on his back doe... but he's a solid receiver that is a good piece to have in an offense.

I've been critical of a lot of what Oakland has done this offseason; feel like they botched the start with all that space and some real potato moves.. but as Humpty said they're coming on strong and making some good moves. Oak, I am impressed.

PointBreak85
03-17-2014, 06:03 PM
in all seriousness 3 years/$11m is a very good deal for Oakland, IMO.

59 receptions, 817 yards, 3 TD's.. those are solid #2 receiver stats, especially when you consider he was:
a) the 3rd option in the passing game,
b) played 14 games
c) 8 of those 14 games were with Senaca Wallace, Scott Tolzien, and Matt effing Flynn starting at quarterback

again, by no means a #1 caliber wide receiver.. won't be a guy teams gameplan around and won't single handedly put da team on his back doe... but he's a solid receiver that is a good piece to have in an offense.

I've been critical of a lot of what Oakland has done this offseason; feel like they botched the start with all that space and some real potato moves.. but as Humpty said they're coming on strong and making some good moves.

Oak, I am impressedsame here

and people gave reggie crap about letting Houston go lol the dude gave NO PASSRUSH AT ALL. Yeah hes real good at the run, but his pass rush just sucks.

HoustonMiscer
03-17-2014, 06:07 PM
Who is the QB of the Raiders? Last I remember it was McGloin.

Apparently Texans and Raiders are in "serious trade talks" to deal Schaub to Oakland (srs)

pedobearu_aware
03-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Don't get me wrong it is nice to see the Raiders make some moves but all their doing is signing some over the hill type players to questionable contracts. The Pittsburgh Steelers simply dont cut players when they have money remaining on their contract, especially when these players produce on the field. Lamar Woodley was clearly one of the guys Mike Tomlin identified as being a problem in the locker room. I know he only got a 2 year contract but I don't see him panning out in Oakland. The Justin Tuck signing was very good IMO, good term and good value for him. Austin Howard at 5-30 seems a bit over the top for an unproven player. It COULD pan out, but as of right now it seems like they just threw the book at him. Same thing goes for McFadden. WTF are they thinking resigning him? The guy clearly can't play a full season and won't have much of an impact imo this upcoming season. James Jones is a good pickup but isn't he already passed his prime? The guy is used to having the most accurate qbs in the league throwing him back shoulder fades all day long - now he is stuck with McGloin / Pryor or one of the chit draftees. By the time the qb is groomed properly Jones will be an over the hill type player and probably will be in New England trying to win a ring.
You should really pay attention to the nuances of contracts before you decide to say they are stupid.

First of all the Howard contract is basically a front-loaded 1 year deal for $8M with a team option for a smaller contract each subsequent year (there's a $3M roster bonus next year but no cap hit).

The McFadden contract is only $1.25 guaranteed. If he actually plays he might earn a few million in incentives, but we both know the chances of that.

Dave P
03-17-2014, 06:31 PM
Apparently Texans and Raiders are in "serious trade talks" to deal Schaub to Oakland (srs)

I assume the Raiders want Schaub because he's the most legit pro-vet QB on the market, and the Texans want to try to get something out of it.

Texans will owe him something like 14 mil if they keep him so there is a strong possibility he will just get cut and Oakland can try to get him for cheaper, but on the flipside you run the risk of him going to Cleveland or something like that if he hits the open market because who the fck wants to play in Oakland.

There is probably this standoff going on between the two teams, Oakland offering like a 6th round pick or something super-lowball because they know Houston is dumping him anyway, meanwhile Houston is like "fck you bitch" saying they will just cut him then and then Oakland wont have a shot at him.

Will be interesting how it plays out and who blinks first.

bananabucket
03-17-2014, 06:52 PM
Schaub can be good if he can regain confidence. last season's spiraling chitfest clearly got to him.

Dave P
03-17-2014, 06:56 PM
He's still a top 15-20 QB, which makes him serviceable at worst.

rocketfish
03-17-2014, 07:42 PM
RIP James Jones career

Impression360
03-17-2014, 07:47 PM
Lol at picking Cleveland over Oakland.

BeforeTheDawn
03-17-2014, 07:49 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/2009.png&w=350&h=254