PDA

View Full Version : ***Wichita State Final Four Crew***

victor_maximus
03-17-2014, 02:24 PM
Never seen a #1 seed plus previous Final Four contestant so disrespected. I can understand people who put Louisville over Wichita State, but let's be clear here they are not losing to Kentucky.

BiggyPharma
03-17-2014, 02:36 PM
I agree that the analysts are idiots for writing them off as if they have 0 chance of making it to the final four (which they did last year), but you are wrong to overlook a Kentucky team that has looked much different the past two weeks compared the rest of the season. The Brackets never turn out like they are supposed to, watch Louisville lose in the second round and throw everyone off.

Suit
03-17-2014, 02:36 PM
You have to do your best to ignore the mass of potato who only listen to ESPN/Sportscenter which do their best to push bigger markets, one and done's and popularity. They are big proponents of the retardation of sports fans. All they do is push their agenda(s) and people eat it up because so and so played for 3 years overseas.

All you have to do is take time out of your day, watch some games/films, compare and contrast the teams, see their history, veterans, returners who actually played last year etc.

This is far too much to ask for the vast majority of sport miscrs though.

erc128
03-17-2014, 02:42 PM
EVERY analyst I've seen has UVA losing to MSU. I think not enough people have watched UVA and too many people are buying into the "finally healthy" hype when MSU is 4-2 when "finally healthy," including a loss AT HOME to NIT team Illinois

victor_maximus
03-17-2014, 02:49 PM
I agree that the analysts are idiots for writing them off as if they have 0 chance of making it to the final four (which they did last year), but you are wrong to overlook a Kentucky team that has looked much different the past two weeks compared the rest of the season. The Brackets never turn out like they are supposed to, watch Louisville lose in the second round and throw everyone off.

Its possible for them to lose to Kentucky, but not at the current odds everyone seems to have. I think more people have them losing to Kentucky then Louisville.

erc128
03-17-2014, 02:58 PM
Its possible for them to lose to Kentucky, but not at the current odds everyone seems to have. I think more people have them losing to Kentucky then Louisville.

well good for them if they beat kentucky, its just people don't believe they've played anyone

neighborr
03-17-2014, 03:01 PM
MSU is at 6/1 odds to win everything. will LMAO when they get knocked out in the sweet 16

Trequartista
03-17-2014, 03:09 PM
MSU is at 6/1 odds to win everything. will LMAO when they get knocked out in the sweet 16

according to what?

the favorite shouldnt even have 6/1 odds

neighborr
03-17-2014, 03:11 PM
according to what?

the favorite shouldnt even have 6/1 odds

according to a betting website. UF is the favorite at 11/2 odds followed by MSU

TooOld4thisSHIT
03-17-2014, 03:13 PM
i'll make one bracket with them winning it all. srs. thats who i'm pulling for since all indiana teams sucked so much ass this year.

NillaWafer
03-17-2014, 03:16 PM
According to Vegas. UF is the favorite at 11/2 odds followed by MSU

I'm biased against Florida because I hate them with a burning passion, but I think they are overrated as well.

But it's just so hard to gauge Wichita compared to the other teams because they really haven't played anyone. That being said, going undefeated in any conference is a damn impressive feat.

neighborr
03-17-2014, 03:19 PM
But it's just so hard to gauge Wichita compared to the other teams because they really haven't played anyone. That being said, going undefeated in any conference is a damn impressive feat.

I just can't deny that WSU is a real threat due to their run last year, only getting knocked out in the F4 by 4 points against the eventual champs. They're a better team this time around so I think they're legit.

NillaWafer
03-17-2014, 03:32 PM
I just can't deny that WSU is a real threat due to their run last year, only getting knocked out in the F4 by 4 points against the eventual champs. They're a better team this time around so I think they're legit.

That too. Many are arguing (myself included) that they just aren't prepared for the big boys. I mean you go from playing the Indiana states of the world to playing the Dukes of the world. Kind of a big difference in skill gap. But hey, anything is possible. That's why this is the best time of the year.

Suit
03-17-2014, 04:06 PM
I'm biased against Florida because I hate them with a burning passion, but I think they are overrated as well.

Something that people forget is that... Florida plays in the SEC. Arguably one of the weakest and worst basketball conferences... Kentucky is their only challenge... lol

That too. Many are arguing (myself included) that they just aren't prepared for the big boys. I mean you go from playing the Indiana states of the world to playing the Dukes of the world. Kind of a big difference in skill gap. But hey, anything is possible. That's why this is the best time of the year.

You have to remember this, they lost 3 players. Their rotation last year, when they made it to the final 4 was

Sr, sr, sr, jr, soph, frosh. (iirc) Basically they have 5-6 returning players from that final 4 team and only lost 3... and they outplayed the big boys.

brb_ballin
03-17-2014, 04:18 PM
upset by Kentucky in 2nd round crew.

woodbarry
03-17-2014, 04:22 PM
*have wichita going all da way in my billion dollar bracket crew*

Mr_Peepers
03-17-2014, 05:16 PM
IN

Seen Wichita play twice this year in person... they are REALLY good.

jsmoor09
03-17-2014, 05:36 PM
Never seen a #1 seed plus previous Final Four contestant so disrespected. I can understand people who put Louisville over Wichita State, but let's be clear here they are not losing to Kentucky.

Kentucky JUST took Florida down to the last play of the game, and Florida is better than Witchita State. If you don't think Kentucky is a threat, you're just saying things without watching.

By the BPI, UK is #10, by the Ken Pom, UK is #17. They should have been looking at a 6 seed, and they are your 8 seed. I'm pi$$ed if I'm WSU.

Louisville should have at least been in the discussion for a #1 seed. I'm surprised they don't get a 2, or even a 3? Yep, strong 4 seed WSU.

And hell, let's throw Duke and Michigan in there, just in case it isn't hard enough. I don't know who gets out. But, I doubt it's the team searching for 40-0.

chlaxman
03-23-2014, 02:41 PM
Not losing to Kentucky, OP said.

Heaney
03-23-2014, 03:33 PM
shortest lived crew of all time

stevedarsh
03-23-2014, 03:36 PM

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/south-park-kanye-west-650x366.jpg

it's ok to be jelly. we all get jelly sometimes. i've been jelly before too.

HankScorp1o
03-23-2014, 03:58 PM
OP is not only one of the worst posters here, but betting against him is a virtual lock considering how little he knows about sports.