PDA

View Full Version : Who are you guys picking to win the West region? (srs)

bigdeadlift
03-17-2014, 12:38 PM
I feel pretty good with my bracket, until I look at the west and mind = blown. Every team there sucks.

Arizona= not the same team without brandon ashley. 2-2 in their last four games, Pac 12 is weak. Never got the impression from watching them they are a dominant team.
Wisconsin= seems like the best option, but puzzling losses throughout the season. Lost 2 out of their last 3. got bounced early last year
Creighton= lol, this team is trash. just lost to providence. didn't play anyone good outside of their terrible conference. would not be surprised to see them lose in the first round.
san diego st= I live on the east coast and haven't seen them play once. Are they good?

Dark horse is OK ST imo. I'm leaning towards picking them or Wisconsin right now. OK ST has been in beast most since Smart came back and they have impressive wins over Kansas, memphism, ksu and colorado.

TehScoTTmA
03-17-2014, 12:43 PM
No love for my boys?

brb_ballin
03-17-2014, 12:46 PM
picked Baylor to go suprise to the final 4

neighborr
03-17-2014, 12:47 PM
picked Baylor to go suprise to the final 4

oh you're following the bleacher report guy?

miaheatfan
03-17-2014, 01:02 PM
Creighton= lol, this team is trash. just lost to providence. didn't play anyone good outside of their terrible conference. would not be surprised to see them lose in the first round.

Inb4 Suit

erc128
03-17-2014, 01:05 PM
oklahoma st or baylor if not arizona srs

Trequartista
03-17-2014, 01:12 PM
I feel pretty good with my bracket, until I look at the west and mind = blown. Every team there sucks.

Arizona= not the same team without brandon ashley. 2-2 in their last four games, Pac 12 is weak. Never got the impression from watching them they are a dominant team.
Wisconsin= seems like the best option, but puzzling losses throughout the season. Lost 2 out of their last 3. got bounced early last year
san diego st= I live on the east coast and haven't seen them play once. Are they good?

Dark horse is OK ST imo. I'm leaning towards picking them or Wisconsin right now. OK ST has been in beast most since Smart came back and they have impressive wins over Kansas, memphism, ksu and colorado.

basketball knowledge = coconut

Suit
03-17-2014, 01:13 PM
OP Confirmed potato.

Brandon Ashley has been injured for over a month now. Arizona consistent all year.

SDST is a great TEAM

Wisconsin ... lol

Creighton... once again, you are potato.

TehScoTTmA
03-17-2014, 01:14 PM
Oklahoma wins it if they come out hot. One of the best offenses in the country. They shot worse than ever in the conference tournament against Baylor and still rallied back to a one possession game after being down 21 while Baylor held like a 36-7 free throw advantage. Also swept OK state both times. Buddy Heild and Ryan Spangler can ball and Cam Clark has shown he can go off (ex MSU and KU)

bigdeadlift
03-17-2014, 01:18 PM
OP Confirmed potato.

Brandon Ashley has been injured for over a month now. Arizona consistent all year.

SDST is a great TEAM

Wisconsin ... lol

you did not say anything that counters my points. If you think Arizona is the same without Ashley you are lost. Creighton is not good enough to make a serious run in this tournament. I guarantee that.

brb_ballin
03-17-2014, 01:22 PM
oh you're following the bleacher report guy?

don't know who or what you're talking about.

my final four is KU, Mich St., Louisville, Baylor.

Suit
03-17-2014, 01:36 PM
you did not say anything that counters my points. If you think Arizona is the same without Ashley you are lost. Creighton is not good enough to make a serious run in this tournament. I guarantee that.

Quoting for later lols.

bigdeadlift
03-17-2014, 01:39 PM
Quoting for later lols.

please make an upset prediction so i can laugh at you when you are wrong

droc81yo
03-17-2014, 03:24 PM
OP Confirmed potato.

SDST is a great TEAM

Wisconsin ... lol

This.

Do you even college basketball OP?

droc81yo
03-17-2014, 03:25 PM
don't know who or what you're talking about.

my final four is KU, Mich St., Louisville, Baylor.

Baylor? Baylor?

Really?

I mean Baylor

really?

OregonLife
03-17-2014, 03:26 PM
Going for the obvious in zona

droc81yo
03-17-2014, 03:27 PM
Oklahoma wins it if they come out hot. One of the best offenses in the country. They shot worse than ever in the conference tournament against Baylor and still rallied back to a one possession game after being down 21 while Baylor held like a 36-7 free throw advantage. Also swept OK state both times. Buddy Heild and Ryan Spangler can ball and Cam Clark has shown he can go off (ex MSU and KU)

Ummmm no.

Oklahoma is not going anywhere in the tournament after the Sweet 16, and most likely will lose before that.

droc81yo
03-17-2014, 03:30 PM
Going for the obvious in zona

this is the best Arizona tean we have had. That being said they are only at 14.5% to win the tournament, and they are the favorites. Honestly bros, who knows? there will most likely be a FGCU like last year that destroys all of our brackets.

I will make one bold prediction. I would bet my house, kid, and wife that Wichita State will not make it through their region to the Final Four.

NillaWafer
03-17-2014, 03:40 PM
this is the best Arizona tean we have had. That being said they are only at 14.5% to win the tournament, and they are the favorites. Honestly bros, who knows? there will most likely be a FGCU like last year that destroys all of our brackets.

I will make one bold prediction. I would bet my house, kid, and wife that Wichita State will not make it through their region to the Final Four.

That is one bold prediction.

I really like SDSU. Have seen a few of their games and they look solid. Wouldn't be surprised if they make a good run.

As for Creighton OP... Let me tell you from first hand experience, the butt fuking mcdermott can do to a team is painful. I can confirm, I was Villanova. If him and his team are both hitting shots, they can do some real damage to anybody.

Suit
03-17-2014, 03:57 PM

Don't hold your breath, IF Aaron stays, which I think he actually might, Zona will win the tournament next year.

AZ has Stanley Johnson and Parker Jackson-Cartwright coming in.

Both who played on the Soldiers with Gordon... if the trend continues you will get Ivan Raab in 2015 as well...

inb4 the 2015-2016 Arizona roster is Oakland Soldiers lineup of

Gordon
Jackson-Cartwright
Johnson
Raab

That is one bold prediction.

I really like SDSU. Have seen a few of their games and they look solid. Wouldn't be surprised if they make a good run.

As for Creighton OP... Let me tell you from first hand experience, the butt fuking mcdermott can do to a team is painful. I can confirm, I was Villanova. If him and his team are both hitting shots, they can do some real damage to anybody.

Not to mention his ability to play/move without the ball AND his ability to play with his back to the basket.

EricTheGreat
03-17-2014, 03:58 PM
West Region is weak as fuark, I picked Zona.

Camaro76350
03-17-2014, 04:43 PM
Don't hold your breath, IF Aaron stays, which I think he actually might, Zona will win the tournament next year.

I think if healthy, we'll be better even without Gordon. TJ/Stanley/RHJ/Ashley/Zeus. Another big/athletic lineup but hopefully with better shooting. York/PJC/Pitts/Victor off bench. We also just got a Serbian center that draftexpress had going in the first round of 2015. Johnson I hear is gone for sure after this year.

GingerBrah
03-17-2014, 04:51 PM
Baaaaaaaaadgers

Suit
03-17-2014, 04:59 PM
I think if healthy, we'll be better even without Gordon. TJ/Stanley/RHJ/Ashley/Zeus. Another big/athletic lineup but hopefully with better shooting. York/PJC/Pitts/Victor off bench. We also just got a Serbian center that draftexpress had going in the first round of 2015. Johnson I hear is gone for sure after this year.

Gordon is your best defensive player, hands down. You wont be better without him.

asdf98
03-17-2014, 05:17 PM

Does anyone think Wichita State is gonna make it through their region? The bold prediction would be to say Wichita State will get to the final four

Suit
03-17-2014, 05:24 PM
Does anyone think Wichita State is gonna make it through their region? The bold prediction would be to say Wichita State will get to the final four

Can't wait for this to start so you can all be proven drones of ESPN hype machine agenda.

Reasons why Wichita St. gets no recognition from ESPN and is always put on the back burner;

1) Small market.

2) No superstar player to showcase.

They are a fantastic TEAM and TEAMS make it further than STARS on poverty teams.

Babyframes
03-17-2014, 05:26 PM
Wisconsin srs.

jsmoor09
03-17-2014, 05:27 PM
I've been surprised at how good/consistent Arizona has been without Ashley. They could lose for sure. But, I'm going to have a hard time not picking them to take care of business. The West is pretty weak on the whole.

BeastModeFTW
03-17-2014, 05:49 PM
I like Arizona they're battle tested, play great defense, and are essentially playing home games. West region overall is pretty weak, I think Creighton and Wisconsin are both overrated and don't have the athletes to go into a road environment and beat Zona and San Diego seems like a poverty version of Zona. A match up in the round of 32 against a talented OK State could actually be their toughest hurdle. Also, like Oregon as a sleeper team who could make the elite 8- playing great ball down the strech

eatyourspinach
03-17-2014, 09:29 PM
I live on the east coast and I have seen SDSU play at least 3 times this year lol if thames doesn't score a bunch they lose. I hate picking 1 and 2 seeds but you can't argue that arizona and wisconsin are the best in that region.

Suit
03-17-2014, 10:05 PM
I live on the east coast and I have seen SDSU play at least 3 times this year lol if thames doesn't score a bunch they lose. I hate picking 1 and 2 seeds but you can't argue that arizona and wisconsin are the best in that region.

Doug McDermGOAT has Wisconsin's number.

jbball92
03-17-2014, 10:10 PM
SDSU lol...

have Arizona losing to Ok St

Suit
03-17-2014, 10:11 PM
SDSU lol...

have Arizona losing to Ok St

Laughs at SDSU.

Thinks Overrated OKst will beat AZ.

lol

jbball92
03-17-2014, 10:22 PM
Laughs at SDSU.

Thinks Overrated OKst will beat AZ.

lol

>thinks Ok St. is overrated as a 9 seed

lmao.

Suit
03-17-2014, 10:26 PM
>thinks Ok St. is overrated as a 9 seed

lmao.

If seeds mean so much to you then how can a 9 beat a 1?

tsbalr120
03-17-2014, 10:27 PM
Got okie state winning it, smart gonna play himself back into a top prospect

bigdeadlift
03-21-2014, 09:25 AM
No love for my boys?

lol