PDA

View Full Version : Is this the greatest crossover of all time? (HNNNNGGGGGG)

RAdaRuggedMan
03-17-2014, 01:00 PM
0gvUuKA98qw

http://theknickswall.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/feltoncross.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1844925/felton.gif

Honorable mentions:
8DBEnsa674c

tzsBZJiU8qY

JBhaverhill
03-17-2014, 01:02 PM
on Udonis Haslem?

lol

NillaWafer
03-17-2014, 01:04 PM
but who was allen iverson?

FmrD3LB
03-17-2014, 01:05 PM
Lance Stephenson had a nasty one right before the All Star break.

HankScorp1o
03-17-2014, 01:09 PM
but who was allen iverson?This, A.I. Da GOAT ankle-breaker.

Dat step-back-then-step-over on Tyronne Lue in game 1 of the 01 finals... HNNNNGGGGGG!

Besides, the best handles and crossover in the game right now belong to Jamal Crawford.

NBEb32OV7Qs

GutCrusher
03-17-2014, 01:09 PM
6GbPeIMzD78

RAdaRuggedMan
03-17-2014, 01:12 PM
This, A.I. Da GOAT ankle-breaker.

Dat step-back-then-step-over on Tyronne Lue in game 1 of the 01 finals... HNNNNGGGGGG!

Besides, the best handles and crossover in the game right now belong to Jamal Crawford.
I don't think you understand the definition of handles and dribbling ability.
Dribbling ability = being able to pull off advanced dribbling moves (multiple combination of moves, shammgods, having correct footwork/bodywork.
Handles = being able to go anywhere you want on the court, never losing your handle of the ball, not turning the ball over, every move you do is clean to perfection.

CP3 has the best handles of all time, it's not even close, and if you try to debate this fact you're exposing yourself to not knowing any basketball.

sdballer5588
03-17-2014, 01:13 PM
No AI? Da fck?

FmrD3LB
03-17-2014, 01:13 PM
Dribbling ability = being able to pull off advanced dribbling moves (multiple combination of moves, shammgods, having correct footwork/bodywork.
Handles = being able to go anywhere you want on the court, never losing your handle of the ball, not turning the ball over, every move you do is clean to perfection.

CP3 has the best handles of all time, it's not even close, and if you try to debate this fact you're exposing yourself to not knowing any basketball.

After reading your sig, you don't have any crediblity on this subject

zSolo
03-17-2014, 01:14 PM
Iverson the GOAT.

They banned his cross over cause of this, made it a carry

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/2mi5v.gif

RAdaRuggedMan
03-17-2014, 01:15 PM
After reading your sig, you don't have any crediblity on this subject
Stats: 5'11", 211 lbs

Lmao

AirCanada
03-17-2014, 01:15 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3092391/iverson3.gif

Crossover is sick, but stepping over Lue at the end takes it to another level.

FmrD3LB
03-17-2014, 01:16 PM
Stats: 5'11", 211 lbs

Lmao

What are we laughing at exactly?

RAdaRuggedMan
03-17-2014, 01:17 PM

It's not like Jeremy Lin did the exact same thing to Luke Ridnour. GOAT crossover my ass.
4PuwFMzf9qQ

Psyren
03-17-2014, 01:18 PM
AI making dude stop and play Twister on the court was the goat

montecarlo
03-17-2014, 01:18 PM

/thread

RAdaRuggedMan
03-17-2014, 01:19 PM
What are we laughing at exactly?
You've never played as a guard.

HankScorp1o
03-17-2014, 01:20 PM

CP3 has the best handles of all time, it's not even close, and if you try to debate this fact you're exposing yourself to not knowing any basketball."Chris Paul has the best handles of all time" said no one ever up until this very moment. Even Chris Paul would be shocked that someone said something so blatantly false and potato.

It's not like Jeremy Lin did the exact same thing to Luke Ridnour. GOAT crossover my ass.
[youtube]4PuwFMzf9qQ[/youtu be]Because that was in the finals, right? Sealing the win in overtime? And Ridnour is even half the defender Lue was too I suppose?

LMAO typical Heat fan with 0 basketball IQ.

jross2021
03-17-2014, 01:21 PM
lol, not even close. This double cross I put on RegGQ or Psyren (whatever he goes by now) is the GOAT

-7UI9nMxREA

sdballer5588
03-17-2014, 01:24 PM

Iverson LITERALLY crossed PRIME MJ out of his god damn sneakers.

denny2008
03-17-2014, 01:27 PM
Came in expecting AI's cross on MJ (which to be honest wasn't even that great).

Saw OP posted a pretty basic crossover that Tim Hardaway Sr. literally made a career out of and used almost every game. Look for vids from his Run TMC days

RAdaRuggedMan
03-17-2014, 01:30 PM
Yeah let's just forget that Iverson was averaging 4.5 turnovers per game. There's a distinct difference between being able to pull off great crossovers that require great dribbling ability and being able to control the ball which requires great handle. If you get ripped, if the ball goes off your foot, your dribble gets passed you, you don't have a great handle. In terms of a handling the ball, there's a difference between a Jamal Crawford/AI and a CP3/Nash. Unlike Nash, CP3 not only has a great handle but he pulls off the best hesitations, crossovers, and combinations you'll ever see.

AirCanada
03-17-2014, 01:30 PM
4PuwFMzf9qQ

Confirmed as being illiterate. I said the crossover was sick but the stepping over at the end makes it, so you show a video of another guy performing the same thing without stepping over his defender.

Another AI one in contention

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5mrgaRcbz1rychrho1_400.gif

HankScorp1o
03-17-2014, 01:31 PM
LMAO OP is negging now with crybaby comments, butthurt officially confirmed.

Sorry you don't know basketball breh but when literally everyone ITT is owning you, take a hint.

sdballer5588
03-17-2014, 01:35 PM
Yeah let's just forget that Iverson was averaging 4.5 turnovers per game. There's a distinct difference between being able to pull off great crossovers that require great dribbling ability and being able to control the ball which requires great handle. If you get ripped, if the ball goes off your foot, your dribble gets passed you, you don't have a great handle. In terms of a handling the ball, there's a difference between a Jamal Crawford/AI and a CP3/Nash. Unlike Nash, CP3 not only has a great handle but he pulls off the best hesitations, crossovers, and combinations you'll ever see.

But who was context?

Turnovers are not due to poor handles they're due to poor decision making. The idea that they have high turnovers being due to their ball handling ability is retarded. They have high turnovers because they make very risky passes.

Rondo has INSANE handles, and still averaged nearly 4 TO per game for a season.

RAdaRuggedMan
03-17-2014, 01:36 PM
Confirmed as being illiterate. I said the crossover was sick but the stepping over at the end makes it, so you show a video of another guy performing the same thing without stepping over his defender.

Another AI one in contention

I didn't realize that stepping over someone who tripped on your foot after the fact makes the actual crossover move better. Sorry brah, didn't know that was what this thread was about.

LMAO OP is negging now with crybaby comments, butthurt officially confirmed.

Sorry you don't know basketball breh but when literally everyone ITT is owning you, take a hint.
No one on the sports misc plays sports.

ClevageGobbler
03-17-2014, 01:38 PM

Criticizes one poster's knowledge of the game. Asks if a standard crossover is the best of all time. Iverson's worst crossover > than that **** boy.

RAdaRuggedMan
03-17-2014, 01:45 PM
Criticizes one poster's knowledge of the game. Asks if a standard crossover is the best of all time. Iverson's worst crossover > than that **** boy.
And not a single vid of a cleaner, lower, quicker, and shiftier crossover was posted that day.

AirCanada
03-17-2014, 01:47 PM
I didn't realize that stepping over someone who tripped on your foot after the fact makes the actual crossover move better. Sorry brah, didn't know that was what this thread was about.

No one on the sports misc plays sports.

I didn't realize that crossing over a 6'10 big man on the perimeter who's got limited lateral quickness warranted a thread titled greatest crossover of all time, but yet here we are.

sdballer5588
03-17-2014, 01:51 PM
2hAn5FrFyVk

Dramatically better than the OP as well.

RAdaRuggedMan
03-17-2014, 01:59 PM
[QUOTE=AirCanada;1220355671]I didn't realize that crossing over a 6'10 big man on the perimeter who's got limited lateral quickness warranted a thread titled greatest crossover of all time, but yet here we are.[/QUOTE
I'm not all too concerned about who's playing defense. A crossover is still the same regardless of who's defending you. If Tony Allen was guarding him for that play, Felton probably would still cross him (not as bad as he did with Udonis, but he'd still get him). That wouldn't necessarily make it any better in my eyes. The move itself was nasty and that's what I'm appreciating.

Babyframes
03-17-2014, 02:01 PM
AI's crossover got banned. Winner by default.

/thread

I'm not all too concerned about who's playing defense. A crossover is still the same regardless of who's defending you.

Worst post I've seen on the misc, and I've trolled a lot.

RAdaRuggedMan
03-17-2014, 02:02 PM
2hAn5FrFyVk

Dramatically better than the OP as well.
Great combination of moves, but lmao if you think the scoring move (that hesitation into the short crossover) is the GOAT. Not even close.

IndianBrah92
03-17-2014, 02:07 PM
i personally think Melo has the best hesitation moves. I like how he incorporated a heso into a crossover here

2xkdepiQLZE

RAdaRuggedMan
03-17-2014, 02:13 PM
i personally think Melo has the best hesitation moves. I like how he incorporated a heso into a crossover here

2xkdepiQLZE
Awesome move. More of these.

sdballer5588
03-17-2014, 02:18 PM
Great combination of moves, but lmao if you think the scoring move (that hesitation into the short crossover) is the GOAT. Not even close.

You realize rules were put in place to STOP players from using Iversons crossover right?

Meaning it was pretty literally the best hesitation move of all time.

Iverson is also like the ... 3rd highest ppg scorer of all time? I have a hard time calling his scoring crossovers NOT the greatest.

Srsly though they literally needed to BAN Iversons crossover because it was so insane. Why do you hate Iverson so much lol, I love advanced metrics but Iverson was my favorite player of all time.

gswarrior510
03-17-2014, 03:05 PM
Iverson the GOAT.

They banned his cross over cause of this, made it a carry

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/2mi5v.gif

that's because it is a carry... lol

gswarrior510
03-17-2014, 03:06 PM
lol, they didnt ban Iverson's crossover. They had a rule against it for years before he was even in the league. They just didnt call it until he started abusing it. His crossover was always a carry.

Psyren
03-17-2014, 03:06 PM
lol, not even close. This double cross I put on RegGQ or Psyren (whatever he goes by now) is the GOAT

-7UI9nMxREA
lmao
aware us on what the outcome was (as usual) in that game tho

don't worry, ill wait

Killer Wolf
03-17-2014, 03:40 PM
I'm not qualified to answer who's the best but I love the way Jamal Crawford handles the ball

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WGLK80rXS-U/UKSxdoHUNsI/AAAAAAAAAvM/z9s0TjgOZ1I/s1600/687507450.gif

http://31.media.tumblr.com/8e75ce375472cc9beceea77d94adaebc/tumblr_mx7ey3vFW11rgx7ico1_400.gif

RAdaRuggedMan
03-17-2014, 03:45 PM
You realize rules were put in place to STOP players from using Iversons crossover right?

Meaning it was pretty literally the best hesitation move of all time.

Iverson is also like the ... 3rd highest ppg scorer of all time? I have a hard time calling his scoring crossovers NOT the greatest.

Srsly though they literally needed to BAN Iversons crossover because it was so insane. Why do you hate Iverson so much lol, I love advanced metrics but Iverson was my favorite player of all time.
1. Iverson's extreme hesitation was always illegal because he palms the ball. I know you ball, you should know that being able to palm a ball allows you to exaggerate your crossover a lot more.

2. Iverson being a garbage (yet skilled) NBA player is irrelevant to this thread.

TooOld4thisSHIT
03-17-2014, 04:16 PM
ai = da gawd

tim hardeway used to give dudes the business too.

Beachease
03-17-2014, 04:17 PM

^^^

stealthmedia
03-17-2014, 04:21 PM
came to post this. leaving satisfied

TooOld4thisSHIT
03-17-2014, 04:26 PM
to be clear, carry is only when your hand is on the bottom of the ball, correct?

i was always under the impression that if the ball is spinning in your hand, its not carry. like in this gif when he brings it back.. if the ball has rotation, its legal, right???

its only carry when you "turn the ball over" from the bottom....? very inconsistent call, imo.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WGLK80rXS-U/UKSxdoHUNsI/AAAAAAAAAvM/z9s0TjgOZ1I/s1600/687507450.gif

*unrelated but i always lol when guys call carry in pick up games.. lol, gtfo.

mlift11
03-17-2014, 04:33 PM
There are two correct answers:
Allen iverson
Tim hardaway

mlift11
03-17-2014, 04:35 PM
Also, I believe that AI has much better crossovers than the one on mj

HayZues Christi
03-17-2014, 04:55 PM
to be clear, carry is only when your hand is on the bottom of the ball, correct?

i was always under the impression that if the ball is spinning in your hand, its not carry. like in this gif when he brings it back.. if the ball has rotation, its legal, right???

its only carry when you "turn the ball over" from the bottom....? very inconsistent call, imo.

*unrelated but i always lol when guys call carry in pick up games.. lol, gtfo.

Carry rarely gets called. It's called a discontinuation now.

Anyway, like usual, Op is a phaggot.

somebody post drose cross on andre miller or tyreke evans.

beverlys cross on lebron b4 punching on birdman and bosh yesterday was nice.

tim Hardaway pretty much invented the crossover.

What do all those players have in common?

CHICAGO.

jassako
03-17-2014, 05:02 PM
came in expecting the true GOAT....

_vkwnHgYVMM

PaC-mAn8
03-17-2014, 05:02 PM
But who was D-Rose?

-ww5ztz9nfM

4A0jVJ81Ggk

03-17-2014, 05:13 PM
op is a confirmed baked potato(as if it wasn't already known). saying that iverson's crossover isn't the best of all time? it's not even close.

best handles in the game today are crawford, curry, CP3, and rondo. i think irving's handles are highly overrated. they're good, but everyone thinks he's the best just because of that one ankle breaker in the rookie-sophomore game.

lol, they didnt ban Iverson's crossover. They had a rule against it for years before he was even in the league. They just didnt call it until he started abusing it. His crossover was always a carry.

this is true.

Gabe95
03-17-2014, 05:38 PM
I'm definitely not with you in this one Opie. AI and Hardaway Sr. = Crossover GOATS.

RAdaRuggedMan
03-17-2014, 05:52 PM

CHICAGO.
No one calls a carry a discontinuation dribble you fuking inbecile.
And Tim Hardaway didn't invent the crossover. He popularized the UTEP crossover. Might as well say that God Shammgod invented the crossover because he popularized his own crossover. You're acting as if no one from the 80s was capable of crossing the ball.

op is a confirmed baked potato(as if it wasn't already known). saying that iverson's crossover isn't the best of all time? it's not even close.

best handles in the game today are crawford, curry, CP3, and rondo. i think irving's handles are highly overrated. they're good, but everyone thinks he's the best just because of that one ankle breaker in the rookie-sophomore game.

this is true.
You potatoes assume that I think Raymond Felton has the best handles of all time. I think the specific crossover he did on Haslem is the best I've ever seen.
This is just like when a person says someone other than Vince Carter has the best in-game dunk ever and everyone instantly gets offended.

mlift11
03-17-2014, 06:03 PM
lmao
aware us on what the outcome was (as usual) in that game tho

don't worry, ill wait
this is off-topic, but i guarantee i can take anyone here in 2k.

srom12
03-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Kemba walker current goat at crossovers at the moment, on mobile so no vids

ShweezyBTFO
03-17-2014, 06:28 PM

CHICAGO.

someobody get this clown his meds before he goes postal.

1800_Cool_Guy
03-17-2014, 06:41 PM
OP you might as well post this.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/21-stephon-marbury-anlke-breaker-gifs.gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2687654/marbury-stinkface-o.gif

RAdaRuggedMan
03-17-2014, 06:45 PM
OP you might as well post this.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/21-stephon-marbury-anlke-breaker-gifs.gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2687654/marbury-stinkface-o.gif
Marbury isn't as shifty, quick, or low as Felton though.
We're talking about the beauty of the crossover, not who's defending.

sdballer5588
03-17-2014, 07:01 PM
OP is raymond felton.

MurkinSeason
03-17-2014, 07:13 PM
DaaEAYFVs_c

I like the one that ended the truths career. Lol at Paul pierce.. Lookin so silly.

ballzofpeaze
03-17-2014, 07:18 PM
don't even know if this even counts as a crossover but it is still sooooooooo smooth

gVMU0htLaiI

RAdaRuggedMan
03-17-2014, 07:18 PM
DaaEAYFVs_c

I like the one that ended the truths career. Lol at Paul pierce.. Lookin so silly.
And not a single crossover was seen that day.

MurkinSeason
03-17-2014, 07:20 PM
And not a single crossover was seen that day.

Nope just a ball fake. Lol but I know certain phaggots in here would get oh so upset. :(

mlift11
03-17-2014, 07:25 PM
probly this
gaMMnn1o5gA

RAdaRuggedMan
03-17-2014, 07:28 PM
Nope just a ball fake. Lol but I know certain phaggots in here would get oh so upset. :(
In that case

72L-BD2qY48

theACEofSPADES
03-17-2014, 07:29 PM
don't even know if this even counts as a crossover but it is still sooooooooo smooth

[youtube]gVMU0htLaiI[/youtue]

Dayum

RAdaRuggedMan
03-17-2014, 07:44 PM
probly this
gaMMnn1o5gA
ZSNywWvNnFU

Similar, AI's double crossover (essentially a UTEP crossover) is better though.

Daewoo_Lanos
03-17-2014, 08:09 PM

yea see, since you weren't watching it in the moment...

That step over was done because Lue was supposed to be some sort of "iverson stopper" which got a lot of talk in the media and by commentators despite being a load of bullchit. lue was just an annoying little chit knat that had no business even thinking that he could stop AI, let alone actually buying into the idea. And thus, AI sonned him and the phaggot media never mentioned the idea of an iverson stopper again.

RAdaRuggedMan
03-17-2014, 08:11 PM

That step over was done because Lue was supposed to be some sort of "iverson stopper" which got a lot of talk in the media and by commentators despite being a load of bullchit. lue was just an annoying little chit knat that had no business even thinking that he could stop AI, let alone actually buying into the idea. And thus, AI sonned him and the phaggot media never mentioned the idea of an iverson stopper again.
I found an Iverson stopper.

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/68/93/44/29/0068934429577_500X500.jpg

WestAfrica
03-17-2014, 08:13 PM
vAA8mLz8aJ0

mlift11
03-17-2014, 08:16 PM
also, these aren't the flashiest, but seem to be incredibly effective.
V0HRPIu02Xo

Rebounds45
03-17-2014, 08:32 PM
Shaq's crossover is better than the one in the OP.

Psyren
03-17-2014, 09:02 PM
this is off-topic, but i guarantee i can take anyone here in 2k.
ps3? post your id

aal04
03-17-2014, 09:18 PM
But who was D-Rose?

-ww5ztz9nfM

4A0jVJ81Ggk

Whereas AI carried the ball, DRoses crossover was illegal in the physical sense. Straight up destroyed his own knees more than opponent ankles. Tim bug was the same. Best crossover in history, but it was a real knee grinder. Rose will be back and he will need to remove the crossover from his repertoire if he wants to have any sort of decent career.

broboma2012
03-17-2014, 09:23 PM

woah there sdballer, settle down there

Shutuponions
03-17-2014, 09:23 PM
But who was D-Rose?

-ww5ztz9nfM

4A0jVJ81Ggk

http://i.imgur.com/lQADHN8.jpg

mlift11
03-17-2014, 09:27 PM
ps3? post your id
ps4. damn.

broboma2012
03-17-2014, 09:35 PM
watching those rose vids just make me sad.

stealthmedia
03-17-2014, 09:40 PM
No one calls a carry a discontinuation dribble you fuking inbecile.
That's what they refer to it as in the NBA now, a discontinued dribble, way to get your jimmies rustled when you're actually wrong... You know, kinda like there is no longer a force-out call anymore.

21Classic
03-17-2014, 11:06 PM
Iverson easily

but to be fair, shouldnt he be the GOAT? The dudes like 5'11, he better have some good handles.

and so if a 6'5 guy ever came along who had Iverson-like handles, then hed be the new GOAT

SighGR
03-17-2014, 11:10 PM
this is the goat. hurt him so bad twice, and made the bucket

detrimental
03-18-2014, 12:25 AM
AI's cross was ridiculous, but a lot of them were definitely illegal. Still ridiculous either way. You'd probably have to give it to him, or Timmy Hardaway for fundamental effectiveness. By today's standards his cross doesn't have the aesthetic value that woo's a crowd but it was incredibly effective.

CP3 definitely has the best handles today. Others have more aesthetic value and sometimes even a greater move set, but ball handling is about efficiency and really the only player in recent memory who can compare is a prime Nash. Guys like Irving are way too sloppy to deserve a mention.

detrimental
03-18-2014, 12:36 AM
Obviously Jordan wasn't known for his crossover, but he had some decent ones for a big guard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_056xHB0NVY
_056xHB0NVY

socrates07
03-18-2014, 02:55 AM
AI crossing over jordan is the most famous and "best"

Personally, a young dwade had some of the sickest crossovers I've seen yet

FGCHENG
03-18-2014, 03:10 AM
not the goat, but kyrie irving is sick

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1117215/IrvingWow2.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2176441/holykyrie_medium.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2176489/kyrie2_medium.gif

Suit
03-18-2014, 03:25 AM
Alright, since this is a crossover thread, this should be posted.

Full playlist. I don't feel like going through and posting every one. Obviously these are not "greatest" but entertaining nonetheless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQhtCJUrT7M&list=PLn1oEpC5aiYJfw9T2vgUgQBoIbUj8JtiK

I OuTsiDeR I
03-18-2014, 03:32 AM
this is the goat. hurt him so bad twice, and made the bucket Daniels reaction after is hilarious

That step over was done because Lue was supposed to be some sort of "iverson stopper" which got a lot of talk in the media and by commentators despite being a load of bullchit. lue was just an annoying little chit knat that had no business even thinking that he could stop AI, let alone actually buying into the idea. And thus, AI sonned him and the phaggot media never mentioned the idea of an iverson stopper again. From what I remember the talk in the media wasn't him being an "Iverson stopper" he was the scout Iverson for their team. He really acted the part and got the Iverson sleeve and all, kind of like a joke in practice. Regardless I was going off in that game especially when he did that move and they stole game one.

People forget L.A didn't lose one game all playoffs and Iverson ruined it for them. Although they won only one game it still was an impressive feat considering offensively it was Iverson or nothing.

detrimental
03-18-2014, 05:24 AM
^Didn't see that post, but you nailed it. Lue was taken in to act as Iverson in the practice drills and strategies, he was never considered an Iverson stopper.

Daewoo_Lanos
03-18-2014, 05:54 AM
^Didn't see that post, but you nailed it. Lue was taken in to act as Iverson in the practice drills and strategies, he was never considered an Iverson stopper.

sorry that whatever book you read that in wasn't accurate. he was specifically used to pester the fuk out of Iverson

inb4 novel

Daniels reaction after is hilarious

From what I remember the talk in the media wasn't him being an "Iverson stopper" he was the scout Iverson for their team. He really acted the part and got the Iverson sleeve and all, kind of like a joke in practice. Regardless I was going off in that game especially when he did that move and they stole game one.

People forget L.A didn't lose one game all playoffs and Iverson ruined it for them. Although they won only one game it still was an impressive feat considering offensively it was Iverson or nothing.

actually, he was LA's supposed AI disruptor due to his quickness and annoying knat tendencies and that was specifically discussed by the media during the finals.

who gives a fuk how he trolled AI during practice. scrubs dont play prime minutes in game 1 of the NBA finals unless they're in for a reason. brb 5 mins per game throughout the playoffs, 15 mins per game in the finals. that was his purpose.

"from what I remember" ... 5 seconds of googling will bring your memory up to snuff:

While the news media have characterized Lue as a stopper, he admitted that he was never a defensive enforcer. He was a scorer at the University of Nebraska, where he started for three seasons, averaging 18.8 points as a sophomore and 21.2 as a junior.

Tyronn Lue will forever be known as the Allen Iverson stopper. Not only did Lue win a benchwarmer championship in 2000, but followed that with a “benchwarmer to hero” championship in 2001.

After three disappointing seasons due to injury and lack of playing time, Lue was probably going to find himself out of a job after the 2001 season, but his quickness proved an important factor in the 2001 finals against the Philadelphia 76ers. No one could stop Iverson, as the Lakers lost game 1 of the finals, so Phil decided to test out Lue’s quickness against him. It worked. The Lakers swept the next four games, and Lue’s benchwarmed skills were finally put on display, against a superstar in front of millions. His NBA career was saved, as Lue has since established himself as a trusty point guard.

The backcourt is in better shape as well. The addition of Tyronn Lue gives the Wizards a defensive stopper on small, quick players like Allen Iverson, as well as another true point guard to go with Chris Whitney.

When you think of that game there's only one image that stands out. The "Answer" stepping over the supposed Iverson-stopper, Tyron Lue, and nailing a 20-foot jumper, scoring his 48th point in route to ending the Lakers' undefeated run through the playoffs.

pls go.

dml3
03-18-2014, 07:17 AM

People somehow forget that MJ came right down the court on the next play and crossed Iverson over

srom12
03-18-2014, 09:06 AM
yyF6amZw82M

HNNGGGGGG

still gives me feels watching this

RogerSterling
03-18-2014, 10:04 AM
is op fuking srs? some weak ass trolling

vAA8mLz8aJ0
-ww5ztz9nfM

inb4jokeaboutknees
inb4commentaboutcareerover

sdballer5588
03-18-2014, 01:47 PM
Did detrimental and outsider LITERALLY JUST MAKE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER? Lol @ calling out an incorrect Iverson reference in front of 2 of the biggest Iverson fans on here.

Lue was known ONLY for being an "Iverson Stopper" lol @ him replicating him. He was used SPECIFICALLY for his speed and agility to slow Iverson down. Holy sht if you just googled his name and iverson, the first autocomplete that comes up?

"Tyronn Lue Iverson stopper"

Dude was a hopeless failure until he gained traction for being used as the "Iverson Stopper", hence why the step over is so iconic. You cannot stop Iverson, you can just pray to god you slow him down a little bit.

Daewoo_Lanos
03-18-2014, 04:22 PM
Did detrimental and outsider LITERALLY JUST MAKE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER? Lol @ calling out an incorrect Iverson reference in front of 2 of the biggest Iverson fans on here.

Lue was known ONLY for being an "Iverson Stopper" lol @ him replicating him. He was used SPECIFICALLY for his speed and agility to slow Iverson down. Holy sht if you just googled his name and iverson, the first autocomplete that comes up?

Dude was a hopeless failure until he gained traction for being used as the "Iverson Stopper", hence why the step over is so iconic. You cannot stop Iverson, you can just pray to god you slow him down a little bit.

This

Was waiting for you to see their posts and lol.

broboma2012
03-18-2014, 04:27 PM

so, are you are saying that phil jackson did not have him simulate iverson in practice( right down to wearing the compression sleeve)?

'In addition, in the 2001 NBA Finals against the Philadelphia 76ers, Jackson had Tyronn Lue, a player on the Lakers team who was comparable in size and height to Sixers star Allen Iverson, wear a sock on his arm during Lakers practice to simulate Iverson's use of a compression arm sleeve as part of his regular gametime attire. Philadelphia media considered this to be a mind game tactic of Jackson's, but the main idea was to simulate what a game against Iverson is like, right down to the tattoos and cornrows (which Lue also had).'