PDA

View Full Version : Who makes your All-NBA teams?

BrawnySwoleman
03-17-2014, 10:39 AM
Forward was the toughest spot.

1st team
F Durant
F LeBron
C D12
G Harden
G CP3

2nd team
F Griffin
F Love
C Noah
G Curry
G Lillard

3rd team
F Aldridge
F George
C Big Al
G Dragic
G Kyrie

I'm sorry, Anthony Davis. :(

YaIRUesJ2Ug

He'll be on like 10 All-NBA teams in a row the way he's going, though. Honorable mentions go out to DeMarcus Cousins and John Wall.

denny2008
03-17-2014, 10:44 AM
Stopped reading when I realized you put Harden over George. And not only that, you put George on the 3rd team, as if Love, Lillard and Curry were better.

BrawnySwoleman
03-17-2014, 10:47 AM
Stopped reading when I realized you put Harden over George. And not only that, you put George on the 3rd team, as if Love, Lillard and Curry were better.George is a forward, Harden, Lillard, and Curry are guards. Also his offense has suffered ever since the news came out that he busted a nut in that stripper.

L0lJ0ker3
03-17-2014, 10:48 AM
Noah not on 1st team?

hahahahaha

jross2021
03-17-2014, 10:50 AM
G: Russell Westbrook
G: Chris Paul
C: Joakim Noah
F: Kevin Durant
F: LeBron James

srs gtfo if that's not it.

LOL'ing hard at Lillard on 2nd team btw

HayZues Christi
03-17-2014, 10:52 AM
I absolutely love lillard.

fuking LOL @ him on 2nd team.

almost as bad as not having noah as 1st team.

BrawnySwoleman
03-17-2014, 10:58 AM
Noah not on 1st team?

hahahahahaD12 is averaging more points, rebounds, blocks, and FG%. I like Noah and I don't like Howard, but he's still the best center in the league. I will admit that 5 assists a game from your center is ridiculous, and think he deserves 1st team All-Defense and DPOY.

LOL'ing hard at Lillard on 2nd team btwWestbrook has played in about half of the games this season. And we already know how you feel about Lillard.

Gabe95

LOL'ing hard at Lillard on 2nd team btw

I'd put DH12 there instead of Noah, but I pretty much agree. Also, since Westbrook played the 2 before he came into the league I definitely see him as the 2nd guard.

MCrow
1st:

G:CP3
G: Curry
F: Durant
F: Lebron
C: Noah

2nd:

G: Harden
G: Lillard
F: Love
F: Griffin
C: Howard

3rd:
G: Dragic
G: Irving
F: Aldridge
F: Goerge
C: Drummond

All-Rookie:

G: MCW
G: Oladipo
F: Plumlee
F: Kelly
C: Olynyk

jross2021
03-17-2014, 11:01 AM
D12 is averaging more points, rebounds, blocks, and FG%. I like Noah and I don't like Howard, but he's still the best center in the league. I will admit that 5 assists a game from your center is ridiculous, and think he deserves 1st team All-Defense and maybe DPOY.

Westbrook has played in about half of the games this season. And we already know how you feel about Lillard.

Well, if you want to do that with westbrook, there are about 6 other pg's that are easily put over lillard. I don't feel anyway about lillard, he's alright.. he's just not as elite as everyone makes him out to be. He has 2 great shooters and a top pick and pop man and he can't get assists, he doesn't board, he's one of the worst defending point guards in the league..

Any of these point guards would easily go above him on an All-NBA team:

John Wall
Ty Lawson
Chris Paul
Russell Westbrook
Kyrie Irving
Stephen Curry
Kyle Lowry

And that's not even factoring in the shooting guards like Harden and maybe even DeRozan.

Lillard is somewhere along the same lines as Teague. Potential off the chain, but so incredibly inconsistent and a complete liability defensively.

HayZues Christi
03-17-2014, 11:02 AM
D12 is averaging more points, rebounds, blocks, and FG%. I like Noah and I don't like Howard, but he's still the best center in the league. I will admit that 5 assists a game from your center is ridiculous, and think he deserves 1st team All-Defense and DPOY.

Westbrook has played in about half of the games this season. And we already know how you feel about Lillard.

so you admit noah is dpoy, and when factoring in assists accounts for more ppg than howard, plus he is avg more rebounds per game since dec 1st, and only avg .3 less blocks, mostly due to the fact that he can actually switch the pick n roll and doesn't only sit under the rim on D for the entire game... but somehow still concluded howard is 1st team??

Well, if you want to do that with westbrook, there are about 6 other pg's that are easily put over lillard. I don't feel anyway about lillard, he's alright.. he's just not as elite as everyone makes him out to be. He has 2 great shooters and a top pick and pop man and he can't get assists, he doesn't board, he's one of the worst defending point guards in the league..

John Wall
Ty Lawson
Chris Paul
Russell Westbrook
Rajon Rondo
Kyrie Irving
Stephen Curry
Kyle Lowry

Lillard is somewhere along the same lines as Teague. Potential off the chain, but so incredibly inconsistent and a complete liability defensively.

lmao @ rondo above lillard on the all nba team...

this isn't a career achievement award bro.

RAdaRuggedMan
03-17-2014, 11:02 AM
CP3 da gawd
Lance Stephenson
KD
LeGOAT
Drummond

Steph wet wet Curry
James Harden
Batum
Love
Deandre Jordan

Dragic
Wade
Ariza
Anthony Davis
Joakim Noah

The 2 and 3 spot are really tough. Could have easily put WessyWes, Korver, Paul George, Jimmy Butler, or Iguodala up there.

brb_ballin
03-17-2014, 11:04 AM
how it should be:

G - Chris Paul
G - Steph Curry
F - Kevin Durant
F - Lebron James
C - Joakim Noah

what it will be:

G - Paul
G - Kobe
F - Bron
F - KD
C - Howard

Rebounds45
03-17-2014, 11:05 AM
Really hope Dragic does get a spot.

jross2021
03-17-2014, 11:05 AM
lmao @ rondo above lillard on the all nba team...

this isn't a career achievement award bro.

wellt he problem is.. Rondo never plays, he is a better player than lillard, but of course, if we're doing it this year.. Lillard would go over Rondo. Was just listing off players and he slipped in there.

jross2021
03-17-2014, 11:06 AM
Really hope Dragic does get a spot.

I love Dragic, but his production is going to keep dropping with Bledsoe back. He was sooo good without Bledsoe, but there's just not enough ball for those 2.

Ivan7x
03-17-2014, 11:08 AM
Cpgay
Harden
D12
Durant
Lelayup

Temuz
03-17-2014, 11:13 AM
No Big Boogie Cousins no care.

RAdaRuggedMan
03-17-2014, 11:15 AM
I love Dragic, but his production is going to keep dropping with Bledsoe back. He was sooo good without Bledsoe, but there's just not enough ball for those 2.
BRB Suns are 18-9 with Bledsoe and 20-19 without him.
BRB Dragic and Bledosoe were both averaging 18/6 on .587 TS%.

To imply that the Suns or Dragic is worse with Bledsoe coming back is fuking nonsense.

HumptyBrah
03-17-2014, 11:15 AM
G Curry
G Thompson
C Bogut
F Lee
F Iguodala

Seems about right

BrawnySwoleman
03-17-2014, 11:16 AM

John Wall-debatable, I could give you this one
Ty Lawson-I don't think so Tim
Chris Paul-Yes
Russell Westbrook-Yes, but only 35 GP this year
Rajon Rondo-Tough decision if they were both healthy all year. Lillard is a much better shooter but doesn't play defense, Rondo can play D but can't shoot/score nearly as well. But Rondo's lack of games played means this isn't an argument this year.
Kyrie Irving-debatable, like Wall I could give you this one. They're pretty similar players.
Stephen Curry-yes
Kyle Lowry- Haven't watched the Raptors much, to be honest.

And that's not even factoring in the shooting guards like Harden and maybe even DeRozan.Harden, I'll agree is better but as I said I can't say much about Raptors players.

Lillard is somewhere along the same lines as Teague. Potential off the chain, but so incredibly inconsistent and a complete liability defensively.Response in bold

BeastModeFTW
03-17-2014, 11:17 AM
All NBA First Team: Curry, Harden, LeBron, Durant, Joakim Noah
All NBA Second Team: Paul, Dragic, Anthony, Griffin, Howard
All NBA Third Team: Liliard, Wall, George, Love, Aldridge

Jaccogo
03-17-2014, 11:17 AM
1st:
rondo
cp3
lebron
durant
d12

2nd:
Lillard
curry
paul george
Melo
Hibbert

Jaccogo
03-17-2014, 11:20 AM
Response in bold
how can you talk about lillard vs rondo without mentioning that rondo is a far superior passer and rebounder?

Also dragic may be about lillard. I know I put lillard in my list but thats not to say he's the 4th best guard necessarily. Just that he does a lot for his team and could be put on an all NBA team

BrawnySwoleman
03-17-2014, 11:20 AM
so you admit noah is dpoy, and when factoring in assists accounts for more ppg than howard, plus he is avg more rebounds per game since dec 1st, and only avg .3 less blocks, mostly due to the fact that he can actually switch the pick n roll and doesn't only sit under the rim on D for the entire game... but somehow still concluded howard is 1st team??

http://i50.tinypic.com/1zdra8m.gif
I guess you're right. (srs) The "accounts for more points because of his assists" thing is basically even---22.2 for Howard and 22.4 for Noah.

As far as defensive ability among centers, I'd have to go Noah > Dwight > Hibbert

how can you talk about lillard vs rondo without mentioning that rondo is a far superior passer and rebounder?

Also dragic may be about lillard. I know I put lillard in my list but thats not to say he's the 4th best guard necessarily. Just that he does a lot for his team and could be put on an all NBA teamOf course. That pretty much goes without saying, like mentioning that Lillard is a better scorer.

jross2021
03-17-2014, 11:34 AM
BRB Suns are 18-9 with Bledsoe and 20-19 without him.
BRB Dragic and Bledosoe were both averaging 18/6 on .587 TS%.

To imply that the Suns or Dragic is worse with Bledsoe coming back is fuking nonsense.

I never said they were. Obviously they're better with him.. but his assists and rebounds are down with bledsoe.. they're both point guards, so they are both looking to make plays and find the open man, so his stats will obviously drop.It's like Durant and westbrook, OBVIOUSLY they're better with westbrook, but Durant production will take a major hit with westbrook.

2445ricardo
03-17-2014, 11:44 AM
CP3
Kobe
Durant
LBJ
Griffin

RAdaRuggedMan
03-17-2014, 12:43 PM
I never said they were. Obviously they're better with him.. but his assists and rebounds are down with bledsoe.. they're both point guards, so they are both looking to make plays and find the open man, so his stats will obviously drop.It's like Durant and westbrook, OBVIOUSLY they're better with westbrook, but Durant production will take a major hit with westbrook.
26-9 with Westbrook
22-9 without.

That's not being obviously better. That's being more or less the same, with the discrepancy being easily explainable by SOS or injuries to other players (not saying it is, but the records are too close not to consider other variables).

niknguyen
03-17-2014, 12:47 PM
Stopped reading when I realized you put Harden over George. And not only that, you put George on the 3rd team, as if Love, Lillard and Curry were better.

AD > George, love, lma. It's more of a snub with him not being there.

BrawnySwoleman
03-17-2014, 12:49 PM
I just realized that I completely forgot about Melo. His team is terrible, but his stats are actually up across the board compared to last year, except for PPG.

denny2008
03-17-2014, 12:50 PM
AD > George, love, lma. It's more of a snub with him not being there.

uwot? I'd put AD and Love neck-and-neck. Both are the leaders for non-playoff teams. Since Love is having a better statistical season, he bumps off AD. But saying Davis is more worthy of a sport over a the best player on the best team in the league is potato brah lol.

Speaking of potato, a lot of you are going full. Mentioning Westbrook and Rondo anywhere in these discussions. Averaging good state over half a season =/= All-NBA...

sdballer5588
03-17-2014, 12:54 PM
OP are you fukking high? Lol @ lillard even being on an all nba team period.

Lol @ paul over curry when he has played like half the year and curry has been on another level.

jross2021
03-17-2014, 12:58 PM

Lol @ paul over curry when he has played like half the year and curry has been on another level.

yeah, lol I dun goofed adding paul, wasn't thinking. Paul has been a step down since his injury as well.

SighGR
03-17-2014, 01:00 PM
Cp3 over curry and dragic is absurd

1st:
Curry
Dragic
Durant
Bron
Dwight

2nd:
cp3
Harden
Melo
Blake
AD - I'm cheating but he has played half as many minutes at C as he has at PF. He deserves 2nd team

3rd:
Wall
Wade
Love
LMA
Noah

BrawnySwoleman
03-17-2014, 01:06 PM

Lol @ paul over curry when he has played like half the year and curry has been on another level.Now that you point that out, Paul has missed more games than I realized, so yeah I could put Curry above him.

From all the responses about Lillard ITT, I have to admit I may have jumped the gun on him a bit. On the actual teams one of Irving, Wall, Dragic, and Lillard is going to end up not making it, kinda like how Curry didn't last year.

sdballer5588
03-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Now that you point that out, Paul has missed more games than I realized, so yeah I could put Curry above him.

From all the responses about Lillard ITT, I have to admit I may have jumped the gun on him a bit. On the actual teams one of Irving, Wall, Dragic, and Lillard is going to end up not making it, kinda like how Curry didn't last year.

Agreed. I just think Lillard has been the result of a lot of false hype. I don't mean false hype as in he sucks, just that other PGs have had better years than he has, and his defense has come into the spotlight, and it is terrible.

Other than that ? Your All NBA teams are at least accurate in that you never know how teams 2 and 3 turn out but you have the right grouping.

Props to putting Big Al on there, but I'd bet they give it to Davis.

bzman
03-17-2014, 01:39 PM
Lowry should be on third team