Such a good one. Def. worth the watch.

http://img.pandawhale.com/38353-the-feels-gif-2RqD.gif

Suit
03-17-2014, 01:49 AM
Has nobody seen this yet or what?

Dem coaches, dem personalities.

NYY
03-17-2014, 04:41 AM
Overall I liked it, but here are my thoughts about a few things. I'm more of a football fan, but I knew this was going to be told from more of a basketball state of view.

- I understand that Georgetown and Syracuse were instrumental to rise of the Big East, but I thought that way too much time was spent on them.
- They made it seem like football was just the bane of the conference, but when in reality Miami won two national championships while in the Big East. Despite VT not being a basketball school they also appeared in a National Championship for football.
- Although UConn wasn't a big time player at the founding and early parts of the conference, they did eventually became a force and won 3 national championships. How could that be ignored? Even Syracuse's National title in 03 was glossed over.
- Interesting part that ESPN who funded something like this when even thought they too were instrumental to the Big East, they also could had played a big hand in it's demise.

Besides those points I still thought everything was well done. I understand that the director was a Hoya fan growing up so that could explain a few things. Watching the Big East tournament the other day thought just didn't feel quite the same between the new network and lack of the usual suspects.

Suit
03-17-2014, 12:35 PM
Overall I liked it, but here are my thoughts about a few things. I'm more of a football fan, but I knew this was going to be told from more of a basketball state of view.

- I understand that Georgetown and Syracuse were instrumental to rise of the Big East, but I thought that way too much time was spent on them.
- They made it seem like football was just the bane of the conference, but when in reality Miami won two national championships while in the Big East. Despite VT not being a basketball school they also appeared in a National Championship for football.

It was the bane of the conference. This has always been known to fans.

nastynate87
03-17-2014, 12:58 PM
They played some physical ball in the 80's.
Ewing was straight dominant.