PDA

View Full Version : **OFFICIAL NCAA BRACKET SELECTION THREAD** discuss

BadaBingBdaBoom
03-16-2014, 04:52 PM
I'm already torn and need insight on some matchups. Surely I can't be the only one on the following games...

K-State vs Kentucky. Winner also plays Witch St second round (possible upset?)

Zaga vs Ok St. Classic 8/9 game.

Colorado vs Pitt

SF-Austin vs. VCU SF. SFA has won 27 in a row but they've literally played about nobody this year.

Feel free to post your own.

PostMoves
03-16-2014, 05:45 PM
I've got SF Austin in the sweet 16 and N Dakota St over Oklahoma.

Louisville will upset Wichita St.

Final Four is Florida, Mich St, Arizona, Louisville. book it.

BadaBingBdaBoom
03-17-2014, 09:48 AM
I've got SF Austin in the sweet 16 and N Dakota St over Oklahoma.

Louisville will upset Wichita St.

Final Four is Florida, Mich St, Arizona, Louisville. book it.

I have the exact same Final Four as you. I still don't like SF Austin however.

NillaWafer
03-17-2014, 09:54 AM
Kentucky is a joke. Pitt-Colorado is a damn good game and close to call. I have Pitt, but I'm biased towards the former big east.

SFA won't beat VCU. VCU has so much experience in ncaa tournament, and they are a damn good team.

Why the fuk is everyone picking MSU?

BadaBingBdaBoom
03-17-2014, 10:25 AM

Because they're path isn't overly difficult and Tom Izzo takes them to the Final Four almost every other year.

Enlightment12
03-17-2014, 10:26 AM
I have Dayton beating Ohio state, New Mexico state beating SDSU, and Iowa State and Creighton in final four so far..

Bhigs23
03-17-2014, 10:29 AM
I have the exact same Final Four as you. I still don't like SF Austin however.

I have the same final four as both of you... Arizona Florida MSU Louisville. Apparently everyone has that. Guess we're not so original.

BadaBingBdaBoom
03-17-2014, 10:36 AM
I have the same final four as both of you... Arizona Florida MSU Louisville. Apparently everyone has that. Guess we're not so original.

Dammit. I'm sticking with it regardless. There's only a handful of other teams I could see going that far, and quite a few of them are a reach.

erc128
03-17-2014, 10:39 AM
In one bracket I have Florida, Virginia/MSU (Heart/brain), Oklahoma St, Louisville

In another bracket I have Baylor out of the west, and another Arizona out of the west. Pretty solid on the rest (can't decide uva and msu)

BadaBingBdaBoom
03-17-2014, 10:44 AM
In one bracket I have Florida, Virginia/MSU (Heart/brain), Oklahoma St, Louisville

In another bracket I have Baylor out of the west, and another Arizona out of the west. Pretty solid on the rest (can't decide uva and msu)

I like something about Baylor and can see them making a run. Do you have the over Creighton in the round of 32?

erc128
03-17-2014, 10:46 AM
I'm already torn and need insight on some matchups. Surely I can't be the only one on the following games...

K-State vs Kentucky. Winner also plays Witch St second round (possible upset?)

Zaga vs Ok St. Classic 8/9 game.

Colorado vs Pitt

SF-Austin vs. VCU SF. SFA has won 27 in a row but they've literally played about nobody this year.

Feel free to post your own.

I think Pitt rolls Colorado. They were impressive in the ACC tourney

erc128
03-17-2014, 10:47 AM
I like something about Baylor and can see them making a run. Do you have the over Creighton in the round of 32?

Yes. I think Baylor matches up well with Creighton (and the game would be in San Antonio, a home game for Baylor), but in one bracket I have Creighton because Doug can go off any night. (I have three brackets)

ShweezyBTFO
03-17-2014, 10:52 AM
Kentucky is a joke. Pitt-Colorado is a damn good game and close to call. I have Pitt, but I'm biased towards the former big east.

SFA won't beat VCU. VCU has so much experience in ncaa tournament, and they are a damn good team.

Because most people are idiots. In on Cincy/Harvard upset in the third round just so all these msu backers jump off a bridge

BadaBingBdaBoom
03-17-2014, 11:03 AM
Yes. I think Baylor matches up well with Creighton (and the game would be in San Antonio, a home game for Baylor), but in one bracket I have Creighton because Doug can go off any night. (I have three brackets)

Agreed. I only have two brackets and I can see the winner of this matchup going to the Elite 8 at most though.

Who do you guys have playing MSU in the Elite 8? Im rollin with MSU over Villanova.

NillaWafer
03-17-2014, 11:04 AM
Because they're path isn't overly difficult and Tom Izzo takes them to the Final Four almost every other year.

They had a pathetic february and march, everyone thinks they are good now because they won the big 10 tournament. big fukin deal

Why is everyone counting out Virginia? Team won the ACC outright and dominated the acc tournament. This team is downright scary.

My Villanova team can do some heavy damage too, dont count us out. Also, who was Iowa St? They won the big 12 tournament which is a hell of a lot more impressive than winning the big 10 tournament. GTFO with this Tom Izzo bullchit.

My biggest upset is SDSU over 'zona. Come at me bros.

neighborr
03-17-2014, 11:09 AM
anyone have Saint Louis over Louisville?

neighborr
03-17-2014, 11:11 AM
They had a pathetic february and march, everyone thinks they are good now because they won the big 10 tournament. big fukin deal

Why is everyone counting out Virginia? Team won the ACC outright and dominated the acc tournament. This team is downright scary.

My Villanova team can do some heavy damage too, dont count us out. Also, who was Iowa St? They won the big 12 tournament which is a hell of a lot more impressive than winning the big 10 tournament. GTFO with this Tom Izzo bullchit.

this x10000

UVA will knock out Mich St, Iowa St will knock out Nova. count it

BadaBingBdaBoom
03-17-2014, 11:18 AM

You just can never count MSU out. I can easily see ISU, UVA, or Nova taking that side of the bracket too.

I don't see them going past the second round. I can even see them losing the first round game from the play-in.

NillaWafer
03-17-2014, 11:19 AM
this x10000

UVA will knock out Mich St, Iowa St will knock out Nova. count it

I actually have nova losing to uconn (don't have faith in my unpredictable team). Unless you want to look at my "the dream is real" bracket where nova wins the 'ship over creighton by a score of 350 to 10. eheheh.jpg

But I really think Virginia is going to come out of this bracket. Jumped on the bandwagon after they **** on cuse. I also don't think Florida is as great as everyone thinks. Not to mention, we have no idea what 'cuse team is going to show up for the tournament. 'Cuse team from beginning to middle of the season shows up and then everyone is completely ****ed. If it's the cuse as of late, I got some bad news Jim.

NillaWafer
03-17-2014, 11:23 AM
You just can never count MSU out. I can easily see ISU, UVA, or Nova taking that side of the bracket too.

I don't see them going past the second round. I can even see them losing the first round game from the play-in.

Agreed with St. Louis. Nc. St. and Xavier can both win on any given night.

I think if a 15 seed is going to beat a 2 seed this year, it's going to be American over Wisconsin.

XFactah416
03-17-2014, 11:23 AM

Saint Louis defends really, really well but the problem is their offense is full ****ing potato.

I don't think they have the fire power to actually win. They will stay close with Louisville all the way if they do face them and probably lose by 5-6 points or something.

iZZmatic
03-17-2014, 11:24 AM
I have Creighton in the Elite Eight, I believe he'll be '08 Steph Curry, and his team being the '08 Davidson in this tourney. Call me crazy, haven't watched much my bracket is purely off guess work. But I have UNC and Duke in the final four. With Duke in the Nat'l title game beating Arizona, and UNC losing to Florida. With Florida winning it all 76-68 against Duke.

Did I dun goof'd?

erc128
03-17-2014, 11:39 AM
I have Creighton in the Elite Eight, I believe he'll be '08 Steph Curry, and his team being the '08 Davidson in this tourney. Call me crazy, haven't watched much my bracket is purely off guess work. But I have UNC and Duke in the final four. With Duke in the Nat'l title game beating Arizona, and UNC losing to Florida. With Florida winning it all 76-68 against Duke.

Did I dun goof'd?

UNC and Duke in FF? Sorry but thats a bit potato. UNC can't shoot and Duke has no big men

iZZmatic
03-17-2014, 11:41 AM
UNC and Duke in FF? Sorry but thats a bit potato. UNC can't shoot and Duke has no big men
Yeah, after I made the bracket I had a feeling both of them in the final four was a stretch. But I liked UNC's top-25 record, and I for some reason think they could do it. But I'm sold on Parker carrying Duke to the final four.

erc128
03-17-2014, 11:42 AM
Yeah, after I made the bracket I had a feeling both of them in the final four was a stretch. But I liked UNC's top-25 record, and I for some reason think they could do it. But I'm sold on Parker carrying Duke to the final four.

Fair enough. Duke will have real problems with a strong big man, like Harrell of Louisville

neighborr
03-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Ok so who's taking Harvard over Cincy?

BadaBingBdaBoom
03-17-2014, 11:59 AM

Not this guy. I think cinci has potential to make a run if they somehow get past MSU. Any chance VCU beats UCLA in round 2?

erc128
03-17-2014, 12:02 PM

Leaning Cincy. My 12 vs 5 upset is NC State over St. Louis

NillaWafer
03-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Leaning Cincy. My 12 vs 5 upset is NC State over St. Louis

*Xavier over St. Louis.

ShweezyBTFO
03-17-2014, 12:34 PM

Harvard over Cincy, Harvard over MSU srs

I have a feeling they're gonna bankrupt a ton of chalk parlay bettors

jbball92
03-17-2014, 12:40 PM
whoops just saw this after I made a thread just now.

-SFA beating VCU and UCLA
-Dayton going to the Elite 8

anyways, thoughts on Iowa State v. UCONN?

Jayfence
03-17-2014, 12:40 PM
Fla
msu
okst
lou

$$$

neighborr
03-17-2014, 12:44 PM

ISU to the F4

NillaWafer
03-17-2014, 12:59 PM
ISU to the F4

Virginia* but ISU has a damn good chance

erc128
03-17-2014, 02:07 PM

u wot

iowa st

James24WR
03-17-2014, 02:15 PM
*Xavier over St. Louis.

No. NC State is hot and Xavier has been potato down the stretch.

my early upsets:

New Mexico State Vs SDSU
NC state vs St. Louis
Kentucky over Wichita state
OK state over Arizona state.

Final four: Florida, Michigan state, wisconsin( not sure, may change), Louisville.

bigdeadlift
03-17-2014, 02:20 PM
N
New Mexico State Vs SDSU
NC state vs St. Louis
Kentucky over Wichita state
OK state over Arizona state.

Agree with all of those except Wichita. People are over rating Kentucky so much based on that FL game. They played one decent half and people are talking about them making a run. Wichita will beat them.

James24WR
03-17-2014, 02:23 PM
Agree with all of those except Wichita. People are over rating Kentucky so much based on that FL game. They played one decent half and people are talking about them making a run. Wichita will beat them.

They played great the whole SEC tourny and I think they are finally coming togethor. If they get chemistry going they are very dangerous because of how talented they are.

Trequartista
03-17-2014, 02:48 PM
They played great the whole SEC tourny and I think they are finally coming togethor. If they get chemistry going they are very dangerous because of how talented they are.

thats because the only other 2 teams worth a damn in the SEC are Tennessee and Florida and they didnt face Tennessee

having said that, they are probably better than an 8 seed

BadaBingBdaBoom
03-17-2014, 02:58 PM
what's errrbody think of VCU/UCLA in round 2?

erc128
03-17-2014, 03:00 PM
what's errrbody think of VCU/UCLA in round 2?

UCLA. I live in Richmond and VCU is not that great this year.

BadaBingBdaBoom
03-17-2014, 03:03 PM
UCLA. I live in Richmond and VCU is not that great this year.

That's what I was leaning toward. I did two brackets and switched them up a little bit. The first one being the same as everyone else in the FF (UF, Lville, AZ, MSU) and my other has ISU, KU, AZ, Dook. I just cant find a Cinderella this year.

TheFourthPooper
03-17-2014, 03:07 PM
I got Mich St., Florida, Wisconsin, and Michigan as my final four.

Babyframes
03-17-2014, 03:11 PM
http://i.gyazo.com/ab597a9bba171522d375610f62689d37.png
http://i.gyazo.com/1f8624361ed9f7ae020f4190a5ba1367.png

Srs.

brb_ballin
03-17-2014, 03:13 PM
Kansas, Mich St., Baylor, Louisville

Babyframes
03-17-2014, 03:15 PM
I got Mich St., Florida, Wisconsin, and Michigan as my final four.

Kept going back and forth between Mich/Duke, but Krzyzewski gonna Krzyzewski.

James24WR
03-17-2014, 03:35 PM
Having trouble with George Washington-Memphis.

What do y'all think?

erc128
03-17-2014, 03:39 PM

What do y'all think?

I have GW idk

Babyframes
03-17-2014, 03:39 PM

What do y'all think?

Geo has 1 win against a top 25 squad this year which was against Creighton, but their other 3 losses? Lost by an avg of 15, and Memphis has Josh Pastner who's been here plenty of times.

Suit
03-17-2014, 03:45 PM

What do y'all think?

IMO the toughest pick in the entire bracket... next to Kansas.

GW has 4-5 guys who average double figures and they have decent defense...

It is just a toss up. This game and Gonzaga vs OKst are just a coin flip.

Geo has 1 win against a top 25 squad this year, and Memphis has Josh Pastner who's been here plenty of times.

Yeah but one player doesn't mean much in terms of experience.

In other news, Harvard > Cinci.

Cinci has a good defense but only one player who can actually score...

Harvard on the other-hand is so god damn well rounded. Strict offense, strict defense, great shooting etc.

Babyframes
03-17-2014, 03:49 PM
Yeah but one player doesn't mean much in terms of experience.

He's their HC, but already has 4 consecutive tourney appearances out of his 5 years there. He'll know how to prepare and adjust his team for the big lights nomsayin? Geo is relatively inexperienced.

Suit
03-17-2014, 03:59 PM
He's their HC, but already has 4 consecutive tourney appearances out of his 5 years there. He'll know how to prepare and adjust his team for the big lights nomsayin? Geo is relatively inexperienced.

I went potato.

Coaches can't play the game for them though. You can tell, teach and instruct all you want... but players will always break down without experience for themselves.

BadaBingBdaBoom
03-17-2014, 04:29 PM
Billion dollar bracket right here. My lack of a cinderella is concerning but I do like these pics.

http://i59.tinypic.com/90d403.png

NillaWafer
03-17-2014, 04:33 PM
Billion dollar bracket right here. My lack of a cinderella is concerning but I do like these pics.

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/90d403.png

Going to need my microscope, brb.

BadaBingBdaBoom
03-17-2014, 04:43 PM
Going to need my microscope, brb.

(control and +) brah. Bracket is too damn big to screen shot otherwise.

NillaWafer
03-17-2014, 04:46 PM
(control and +) brah. Bracket is too damn big to screen shot otherwise.

Kansas without embiid worries me. Idk about that pick. Idk if you watched the big 12 tournament, but Kansas was not impressive by any means.

BadaBingBdaBoom
03-17-2014, 05:02 PM
Kansas without embiid worries me. Idk about that pick. Idk if you watched the big 12 tournament, but Kansas was not impressive by any means.

I do kinda agree, but I'm just on the Wiggins train right now.

Shinya-Aoki
03-17-2014, 05:07 PM

We should have Embiid back by the round of 32 game. Typically don't have 2 bad games in a row. Embiid comes back and that is an absolute game changer for the tourney, and can go realllllllly far with his defensive presence, he is a huge x factor.

no homer

Suit
03-17-2014, 05:14 PM

[IMG]http:/IMG]

Wichita St. losing to Kentucky. You already lost.

Kansas is the biggest ****ing toss-up of the top teams in the tournament. So I have New Mexico beating them because...

1) I don't know if Embiid will be back in time.

2) If it is his first game back he will be a 50/50 in terms of playing decent.

3) I just do not like Kansas.

Glock 22
03-17-2014, 05:30 PM
lol at people picking louisville to get to the final four when NC State is gonna wreck them in round 2

nomsayin

AriGhold
03-17-2014, 05:46 PM
I'm really struggling to find a 6+ seed to put into the elite 8

James24WR
03-17-2014, 05:49 PM
lol at people picking louisville to get to the final four when NC State is gonna wreck them in round 2

nomsayin

NC State fan checking in. I don't know though lol. We do match up well with them though. Cat Barber is one of the best on the ball defending guards in the country and could be able to keep Russ Smith in check. Plus Anya and Freeman are ideal players to put on Harrell because they are both strength beasts down low. Lastly it's almost impossible to guard TJ Warren. Dosent matter what athlete or junk defense you put on him he is going to have 25+.

James24WR
03-17-2014, 05:51 PM

I've got an Oklahoma state-Wisconsin matchup in the elite eight.

erc128
03-17-2014, 05:54 PM

Baylor, Ohio St (If Embiid is not back), Oklahoma St

jbball92
03-17-2014, 05:57 PM
would say its a big stretch but the best shots IMO for this would be either Dayton, or UCONN

Trequartista
03-17-2014, 06:00 PM

if i had to pick one it would be Ohio State, but i wouldnt pick any to be honest

Suit
03-17-2014, 06:00 PM

New Mexico is in the best spot.

Kansas without Embiid
Syracuse is actually pretty poverty. Their bench is non-existent.

jbball92
03-17-2014, 06:18 PM
New Mexico is in the best spot.

Kansas without Embiid
Syracuse is actually pretty poverty. Their bench is non-existent.
thats why I have dayton beating them :D

Suit
03-17-2014, 06:23 PM
thats why I have dayton beating them :D

Cuse has W. Michigan, Ost has Dayton lol <3

jbball92
03-17-2014, 07:04 PM
my final 4:

Duke
Mich St
SDSU
Dayton

Future24
03-17-2014, 08:35 PM
Do we see any 2 seeds dropping?

Bhigs23
03-17-2014, 08:49 PM
Nova sucks... They won't make it past Uconn

SHOaks
03-17-2014, 09:40 PM
Fuaaark guys it's literally impossible to have a perfect bracket. How do you choose close games like colorado-pitt, orTexas-AZ st, or uconn-st joes, or gonzaga-ok st, or Oregon-byu. And then if you get lucky and pick those right, you have to get the next 5 rounds perfect. Fuk this.

neighborr
03-17-2014, 09:43 PM
Fuaaark guys it's literally impossible to have a perfect bracket. How do you choose close games like colorado-pitt, orTexas-AZ st, or uconn-st joes, or gonzaga-ok st, or Oregon-byu. And then if you get lucky and pick those right, you have to get the next 5 rounds perfect. Fuk this.

Here i'll help ya out:

pitt
az st
uconn
ok st
oregon

jsmoor09
03-17-2014, 09:51 PM
if i had to pick one it would be Ohio State, but i wouldnt pick any to be honest

I think Kentucky has a chance. Everyone's harped on how overrated Witchita State is, UK is BIG compared to a small Witchita State team. Kentucky beat Louisville in December, and took Floirda down to the Final play of the game.

As of now, I have Kentucky upsetting Witchita State, but losing to Louisville with Louisville going to the Final 4.

AriGhold
03-17-2014, 09:55 PM
Cuse has W. Michigan, Ost has Dayton lol <3

I believe he was implying Dayton would beat Osu then Syracuse

jsmoor09
03-17-2014, 09:58 PM

You're not going to pick a perfect bracket on your basketball smarts. There is an insane amount of luck and randomness in the tournament. There are always a lot of trendy upset picks--which are often smart picks--and they just don't pay off. Or when your girlfriend decides she likes the mascot of the Southern Tacoma Fighting Squirrel Nuts and calls that upset?

Usually these things are won by someone that made a crap ton of brackets with a crap ton of random combinations. There have been years recently where no perfect brackets were submitted.

Future24
03-17-2014, 10:20 PM
So I have SF Austin over VCU and UCLA. Am I goofing?

monty097
03-17-2014, 10:21 PM
Florida, Arizona, Mich. State, Louisville

eatyourspinach
03-17-2014, 10:23 PM

I have them over VCU not UCLA though.

SteveMiller4
03-17-2014, 10:26 PM
***Bracket Picking Rules & Tips from Vegas!
(all records since modern era began in 1985 unless noted)

FIRST ROUND picks:
TIP: Pick ZERO #1 or #2 seeds to lose.
#16 seeds are 0 for 116
#15 seeds are 7 for 116

TIP: Pick at least ONE #13 or #14 seed to win.
At least one Top 4 seed has lost in the first round 25 of 29 years
#13 and #14 seeds combined win 18% of first round games

TIP: Don't be shy picking upsets with #12 through #9 seeds.
#12 seeds have won at least one game 23 of 25 years
#9 seeds are 4 wins above .500 vs. #8 seeds

SECOND ROUND picks:
TIP: Advance #1 seeds into the 3rd round unless very good reason not to.
88% of #1 seeds advance to the Sweet 16

TIP: Keep advancing any #12 seeds you picked to win in Round One.
#12 seeds win nearly half the time in Round Two
#12 seeds have more Sweet 16 appearances overall than #7 seeds
A double digit seed has made the Sweet Sixteen 27 of 29 years

TIP: Pick at least ONE upset of a #2 or #3 seed.
Only ONCE in 29 years has all the top three seeds (#1, #2, #3) made the Sweet Sixteen

TIP: Do NOT pick any seed worse than #12 to win in the 2nd round.
Only 9 of 464 teams (less than 2%) advancing past Round 2 were seeded worse than #12

Sweet 16 round picks:
TIP: Advance exactly three #1 seeds into the Elite 8.
71% of #1 seeds make the Elite 8
(that's a higher percentage than #5 seeds that win a single game!)

TIP: Advance no team worse than a #11 seed into the Elite 8
26 have made it the Sweet 16, but only 1 of 232 Elite 8 teams seeded worse than #11

Elite 8 round picks:
TIP: Advance exactly ONE or TWO #1 seeds to the Final Four.
The Final Four has included exactly one or two #1 seeds 23 of 29 years

TIP: Advance no team worse than a #8 seed to the Final Four.
Only 3 of 140 Final Four teams (since 1979) have been seeded worse than #9

FINAL FOUR round picks:
TIP: Advance NO team worse than a #6 seed to the Championship game.
Only ONE team worse than #6 has made it in last 28 years

TIP: Do NOT advance TWO #1 seeds to Championship game
Since tournament seeding began 35 years ago (1979)
only 6 times have two #1 seeds made the finals

CHAMPIONSHIP GAME pick:
TIP: Pick a #4 seed or better to win it all.
For 25 straight years the champion has been a #4 seed or better!

jsmoor09
03-17-2014, 10:32 PM

I think it could realistically happen

Florida, Arizona, Mich. State, Louisville

I have the same 4 as of now

BadaBingBdaBoom
03-17-2014, 10:59 PM
What do people say about SDSU? I live out East and never see them. I'm just assuming they lose to a good OU team in round 2 bc I've literally never seen SD play.

Suit
03-17-2014, 11:01 PM
TIP: Keep advancing any #12 seeds you picked to win in Round One.
#12 seeds win nearly half the time in Round Two
#12 seeds have more Sweet 16 appearances overall than #7 seeds
A double digit seed has made the Sweet Sixteen 27 of 29 years

I looked long and hard trying to find it. (before reading your list)

Harvard will upset Cinci. Trust.

What do people say about SDSU? I live out East and never see them. I'm just assuming they lose to a good OU team in round 2 bc I've literally never seen SD play.

SDSU is a really good TEAM. Not any stand-out super stars. Xavier Thames is a solid guard and SDSU as a whole will give anyone a run and can beat anyone.

Goofing way to hard brah.

BadaBingBdaBoom
03-17-2014, 11:05 PM
Any chance Oregon upsets Wisconsin in round 2?

jbball92
03-17-2014, 11:06 PM
I believe he was implying Dayton would beat Osu then Syracuse

yep :D

nope, we are very good this season

Babyframes
03-17-2014, 11:06 PM
Any chance Oregon upsets Wisconsin in round 2?

No.

jbball92
03-17-2014, 11:09 PM

I have them beating Wisc, also their 56.6 pts allowed per game is the main reason I have them in the Final 4

BadaBingBdaBoom
03-17-2014, 11:13 PM
I have them beating Wisc, also their 56.6 pts allowed per game is the main reason I have them in the Final 4

But who was strength of schedule?

jbball92
03-17-2014, 11:17 PM
But who was strength of schedule?
tell that to whoever made Wichita St a 1 seed :P

BadaBingBdaBoom
03-17-2014, 11:25 PM
my last question of the night. Who do you guys like in a Baylor/Creighton matchup round 2?

jsmoor09
03-17-2014, 11:27 PM
my last question of the night. Who do you guys like in a Baylor/Creighton matchup round 2?

Baylor zone vs GOAT McDermott?

Creighton all day.

jbball92
03-17-2014, 11:29 PM
Creighton, cant really see Baylors Defense stepping up against an offense like creighton

BadaBingBdaBoom
03-17-2014, 11:30 PM
Baylor zone vs GOAT McDermott?

Creighton all day.

I want to beleaf. Baylor is so inconsistent so you never know.

Suit
03-17-2014, 11:41 PM
tell that to whoever made Wichita St a 1 seed :P

You mean the undefeated team, who only lost 3 players last year when they made it to the final four and has everyone else returning from that final four team?

Yeah, they don't deserve a 1 seed at all.

:rolleyes:

jbball92
03-17-2014, 11:48 PM
You mean the undefeated team, who only lost 3 players last year when they made it to the final four and has everyone else returning from that final four team?

Yeah, they don't deserve a 1 seed at all.

:rolleyes:
if we are going based on past history then UCLA deserves a 1 seed because they have 11 championships....

Future24
03-18-2014, 12:27 AM
I have the best bracket ever. Will post photograph soon.

Suit
03-18-2014, 12:30 AM
if we are going based on past history then UCLA deserves a 1 seed because they have 11 championships....

Jesus, you have no idea.

Future24
03-18-2014, 12:37 AM
http://i.imgur.com/3d66hSq.png

Perfection. I used analytics, not just guesses.

Suit
03-18-2014, 01:06 AM
[immg]

notbad.jpg.

That is almost ONE of my brackets.

New Mexico will > Florida if they meet though. Too big, too strong.

Switch Iowa St for Villanova, I give Iowa St over Virginia.

I have Wichita over Louisville.

Harvard going midway as well. If Virginia gets upset by GW then Harvard will beat GW.

Your west is an exact duplicate of mine... almost. I think ND State will beat SDSU.

Future24
03-18-2014, 01:07 AM
notbad.jpg.

That is almost ONE of my brackets.

New Mexico will > Florida if they meet though. Too big, too strong.

Switch Iowa St for Villanova, I give Iowa St over Virginia.

I have Wichita over Louisville.

Harvard going midway as well. If Virginia gets upset by GW then Harvard will beat GW.Yeah I prefer Iowa St over Nova but I was using some statistical shiit to do my bracket so I'll just follow that. Will probably do another one where I mix my opinion and the stats.

Suit
03-18-2014, 01:09 AM
Yeah I prefer Iowa St over Nova but I was using some statistical shiit to do my bracket so I'll just follow that. Will probably do another one where I mix my opinion and the stats.

Yeah exactly. I am floating between 2-3 brackets full of what-ifs.

What IF Embiid is healthy.

What IF Mich St is who they are supposed to be.

etc

EDIT: Midwest and West are fairly easy to judge.

Here is ONE of my brackets

This is the no Embiid bracket.

http://i.imgur.com/ig9QF0U.png

Babyframes
03-18-2014, 11:33 AM
Syracuse isn't getting past OSU srs.

vinhuman
03-18-2014, 12:13 PM

I'd be surprised if any of Creighton, Villanova, and New Mexico made it to the elite 8, let alone all three. Also, SF Austin over UCLA? Harvard over MSU? Do your statistical methods account for injuries?

BadaBingBdaBoom
03-18-2014, 12:57 PM

too many upsets for my liking. No way SF Austin goes to the sweet 16. i do like some of your other upset pics but there's just too many for me. FF looks solid though.

BadaBingBdaBoom
03-18-2014, 01:05 PM
Does anyone like St Louis in round 1? Seems like everyone is picking NCst/Xavier

Suit
03-18-2014, 01:39 PM
Does anyone like St Louis in round 1? Seems like everyone is picking NCst/Xavier

St Louis > yes

Xavier/NC State are sub-par this year compared to previous.

themadgreek187
03-18-2014, 02:03 PM
this is my WSJ blindfold bracket. oh lawd

http://i.imgur.com/dbwWVmV.png