PDA

View Full Version : Stuck...please help

qtip2824
03-15-2014, 02:29 AM
I have been working out for years....have made some gains over the last two years since I started calculating my macros....my calories fluctuate depending on my hunger or mood to be honest.
I am 5'3" 109.6lbs this morning almost 42 years old and my body fat is at 14.7%
I workout 5 days a week I split my body parts and train shoulders twice a week. I do cardio 2 days a week for 20 min.
I eat about 1600-1800 cals per day I do better on higher protein which is between 1.25-1.5g/lb .33f/lb and the rest carbs mostly from green veggies except pre and post workout I will have oatbran and post sometimes oat bran and chocolate rice cakes.
Do you think eating either 58g oatbran which is 180 cals 46.5 g carbs 12 protein 4.25g fat or 94g oatbran which is 240 cals 62g carbs 16g protein 7g fat with 20g whey which is 74 cals 2 carbs 15g protein .8g fat is ok post workout? THese calculations don't include the 10-15g of chocolate rice cakes I have at times with it.
I know most say calories in vs out but I am wondering if the amount of carbs in my post workout are just too much?
I basically stick to the same foods I like them and it's easier:
oat bran
oatmeal (sometimes)
whey protein
casein protein
almonds
almond milk
broccoli
green beans
cauliflower (sometimes)
chicken
tuna (sometimes)

Here is my question when I am laying down and slightly lift my shoulders I see a full 6 pack howver when I am standing its more like a 4 pack and my lowers are bloated.
Should I be eating in a deficit to get rid of the minimal fat? I don't want to loose the muscle I have been working so hard on building.
Or should I just accept the fact that I am not genetically built for it to show?
Thanks again
M

Caezar07
03-15-2014, 07:27 AM
Do you think eating either blah blah blah blah blah blah is ok post workout?This is bro-science territory, it won't make much of a difference what you eat post workout, and if it does, it's going to be unique to your body and routine, so give it a try and see what works for you.

As far as your lower abs, women naturally hold more fat on their bodies than men. Some pro bodybuilder women still don't have very visible six packs even though their bodyfats are relatively super low. This basically means that you may have to get a very low bodyfat and risk losing muscle to see your lower abs. Otherwise, you could try bulking up a bit and focus on your abs so that they hopefully grow. Then you could cut again and hopefully your abs would be visible while not at a super low bodyfat. You should be proud that you have a 4 pack.

good luck