PDA

View Full Version : Motivation Music

sabreman
08-24-2003, 02:39 PM
What do you all listen to when you work out? My two favorite songs are "Lose Yourself" by Eminem and "The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World.

hbk3
08-24-2003, 04:07 PM
at my gym the owner has the music so low on pop, i cannot hear it at all. so i go turn the tv to cmt-or gac country music channel and blast out toby keith , shania twain yum, or any one say montgomery gentry but im a country bumpkin.

sabreman
08-24-2003, 05:08 PM
I bring my own mP3 player with me. It's the Nike brand...works great. Had to buy different headphones, but the player is great. The arm band works a lot better than the belt clip, though. A good investment in my opinion.

Bob45
08-24-2003, 06:25 PM
I am a Hard Rock/ Progressive Rock fan. Dream Theater is my favorite.

Hibiscus09
08-24-2003, 06:34 PM
My MP3 has the likes of Nelly, Ja Rule, 50 Cent, J Lo, Will Smith & Red Hot Chili Peppers (how'd they get there?) LOL

I have to have a fast, funky beat when working out.

Now, when I'm home -- I like slow, sexy music. ;) Old MoTown or Jazz works for me there.

In the car -- anything goes. I do like country music -- Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, etc. I'm in love with George Strait. :)

I also like Aerosmith, AC/DC, etc.

I guess I like all sorts of stuff. But for working out definitely the top of this list. :D

MiloMan
08-24-2003, 07:41 PM
I prefer no music at all. Years ago, music helped, but now it doesn't make a difference. If there's any at all, I prefer Baroque instrumentals or Gregorian chant.

~*IronBelle*~
08-24-2003, 08:26 PM
Favorite music at the moment is compilation cd's made by the ministry of sound people...

Mainly music re vamped into club versions/dance music. Favorite tracks that come to mind are:

Sonique - Feels So Good, Moloko - Sing It Back, Ultra Naté - Free, Alison Limerick - Where love Is, Tori Amos - Professional Widow, Inner City - Good Life, Soul II Soul - Keep On Movin (when I'm on high intensity and knackered and need to keep going this does it for me), Jocelyn Brown - Somebody Elses Guy is a quite neat track to get going to, Ian Van Dahl - Reason, Paffendorf - Be Cool (makes me laugh my ass off), Lasgo - Something, Milk Inc - In My Eyes (try on the elliptical going to the beat of the last three tracks--lol--- fast beat and gets the heart rate going), slowing down a little Starchaser - Love Will Set you Free (Jambe Myth), Shakedown - All Night, oh and my favorite - David Byrne's track with X-Press 2 Feat - Lazy... Db Boulevard - Point Of View.... "Don't have cent when I pay my rent, and even my car doesn't work, me and my man whose the one to die for...we have split UP! LOL!"

Hmmm think I'll go get on my elliptical right now.. ahhhhhh ah ah yeh, in a another way from another point of view yeh yeh yeeeeh ahhh yeh.

Ohh and I listen to 70's and 80's and 90's dance music too.

gnatz
08-25-2003, 04:53 AM
Disturbed
Godsmack
Linkin Park
AudioSlave

~*IronBelle*~
08-25-2003, 05:45 AM
I like the track by Linkin Park, "Don't turn your back on me." That does something for me... I think that would be the right sort of stuff to listen to when doing weight training.

Not the sort of thing I could listen to whilst on my elliptical though..lol!

~*IronBelle*~
08-25-2003, 05:48 AM
Just started to get into Audio Slave here actually as Ashley plays it a lot.

Overload
08-25-2003, 08:45 AM
One of the beauties of working out at home, my own music.

I need the hard stuff for working out. Especially legs. LOL

I usually listen to AC/DC, Ozzy, Metallica and so on. Anything with hard base and drums.

Then for my cool down. it's Barry Manilow...just kidding. Really, I am :D

Hibiscus09
08-25-2003, 08:47 AM
LOL -- how about The Village People, Overload? :D

Overload
08-25-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Hibiscus09
LOL -- how about The Village People, Overload? :D

I tried that, but the urge to wear leather interfered with my workouts.

Scary thing is I know most of their songs.

phikappa
08-25-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by MiloMan
I prefer no music at all. Years ago, music helped, but now it doesn't make a difference. If there's any at all, I prefer Baroque instrumentals or Gregorian chant.

Gregorian chant?! Ya know, I kind of expected you to listen to something like that, but it still threw me when I read it. LOL! I'm now thinking about that scene in Holy Grail when the monks are chanting and hitting themselves in the head with a plank! Not my kind of workout. :D

Anyway, AC/DC, Ozzy, Van Halen and a mish-mosh of other 80's tunes work for me.

Dutchman
08-25-2003, 04:12 PM
The gym just pipes in radio music and the youngsters always try to get their rap stuff on. In the morning when there are more of us old farts we get them to put on classic rock. That sets me off and increases my energy. Its a huge difference from the techno music they used in all the gyms back in Europe.

snissors
08-26-2003, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Bob45
I am a Hard Rock/ Progressive Rock fan. Dream Theater is my favorite.

I second that. Dream Theater does it for me.

Also, Nevermore.

And of course, the old standby - Metallica.

Striation
08-26-2003, 03:43 AM
Disturbed-both albums

Linkin Park-Hybrid Theory

older-than-dirt
08-26-2003, 05:36 AM
Anybody work out at Golds ? The one I work out at has a new video/audio system that pumps out dance type music and shows lots of T and A on multiple screens around the gym. The people in the videos are dry humping and stuff. Makes it hard to concentrate on working out.....especially when your gym shorts don't hide your stiffy.

~*IronBelle*~
08-26-2003, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by phikappa
LOL! I'm now thinking about that scene in Holy Grail when the monks are chanting and hitting themselves in the head with a plank!

LMAO!

~*IronBelle*~
08-26-2003, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by older-than-dirt
Anybody work out at Golds ? The one I work out at has a new video/audio system that pumps out dance type music and shows lots of T and A on multiple screens around the gym. The people in the videos are dry humping and stuff. Makes it hard to concentrate on working out.....especially when your gym shorts don't hide your stiffy.

Cracking up lmao! We don't have the screens here... but it sounds like a hoot..lol!

Gator
08-26-2003, 11:06 AM
I use an MP3..
Anything from Powerman to old school Van Halen..

Gator

GymQuotes
05-11-2016, 01:01 PM
"this is war" from 30 sec to mars let's me get big and green in the gym!

Halbrust
05-11-2016, 01:34 PM
No music, but I like a television on for background noise.
Had one of my best sessions ever when Jeopardy was on, answering questions while I lifted.

FallenAngel80
05-15-2016, 05:09 AM
I work out at home, so the music tends to change with my mood. If I'm in need of some heavy stuff because I feel like it's going to be a tough one then I stick some Rammstein on (usually the Reise Reise album). If I feel a bit 'blah' in mood then sometimes some disco music helps (srs).

One song I keep listening to at the moment is Cypress Hill's Get it Anyway - really motivates me to believe in myself and strive for my goals.

Brackneyc
05-15-2016, 06:51 AM
I have an 8-track player I wear in a back pack. Benching is a pain, but I have to have my hi-fi unit with me at all times.

ElrondHubbard
05-15-2016, 09:26 AM
Nice 13 year bump!

I have a random mix that I go through, everything from classical, baroque, jazz, country, new age, and a little pop. A lot of obscure artists that nobody's ever heard of.

Sometimes the music matches what I'm doing at the moment, sometimes it doesn't.