PDA

View Full Version : Fatigue and muscle twitches.

underdawg17
03-13-2014, 10:47 AM
For about the past week or so, I have been experiencing a lot of fatigue all day and muscle twitches. I've been so tired I decided to not work out yesterday, and that is saying a lot, since I'm usually a "no excuses" kinda guy.

I sleep about 8 hours a day and still feel like I cant function properly. Also I'm gaining weight, so I am eating enough.

I'm currently doing a full body 5x5 novice program and I do it every other day. I also jog 3 days a week.

The fatigue can get very bad. Anyone know if this could be diet related? I'm going to see a doctor tomorrow, but I'd like a if a few have experienced this before. Thank you!

Jesse_l_g
03-13-2014, 10:51 AM
For about the past week or so, I have been experiencing a lot of fatigue all day and muscle twitches. I've been so tired I decided to not work out yesterday, and that is saying a lot, since I'm usually a "no excuses" kinda guy.

I sleep about 8 hours a day and still feel like I cant function properly. Also I'm gaining weight, so I am eating enough.

I'm currently doing a full body 5x5 novice program and I do it every other day. I also jog 3 days a week.

The fatigue can get very bad. Anyone know if this could be diet related? I'm going to see a doctor tomorrow, but I'd like a if a few have experienced this before. Thank you!

I am guessing you drink a lot of RO/filtered/bottled water?

underdawg17
03-13-2014, 10:55 AM
I am guessing you drink a lot of RO/filtered/bottled water?

I drink a lot of water in general.

itseemsunlikely
03-13-2014, 10:55 AM
Definitely could be diet-related, though can't say for sure over the internet. What are you eating?

Jesse_l_g
03-13-2014, 11:03 AM
I drink a lot of water in general.

That's not what i asked. You should be drinking water with some minerals in it. Not water that has been stripped of all the electrolytes.

I was experiencing some minor muscle twitching that went away after i started adding trace minerals to the crappy culligan water we have at work.

underdawg17
03-13-2014, 11:06 AM
Definitely could be diet-related, though can't say for sure over the internet. What are you eating?

I usually have 2 pb sandwiches and a protein shake in the morning. For lunch I normally have either subway or some kind of sandwich. For dinner I have an egg white omelette with cheese and then ice cream and some other sweets.

Some days where I'm on-the-go, I'll have like 2 pop tarts for breakfast and granola bars and crackers for lunch, but I try to not do that often.

underdawg17
03-13-2014, 11:07 AM
That's not what i asked. You should be drinking water with some minerals in it. Not water that has been stripped of all the electrolytes.

I was experiencing some minor muscle twitching that went away after i started adding trace minerals to the crappy culligan water we have at work.

The water I drink is either from my house (filtered water), the gym, and that's basically it.

Jesse_l_g
03-13-2014, 11:08 AM
I usually have 2 pb sandwiches and a protein shake in the morning. For lunch I normally have either subway or some kind of sandwich. For dinner I have an egg white omelette with cheese and then ice cream and some other sweets.

Some days where I'm on-the-go, I'll have like 2 pop tarts for breakfast and granola bars and crackers for lunch, but I try to not do that often.

Well that explains a lot of the fatigue. I would still recommend you look into drinking better quality water.

Edit - to explain myself. Do you really expect to have good energy with such a low fat diet with next to no vegetables?

SlickRick187
03-13-2014, 12:32 PM
what is your diet like? are you doing low carb? enough fats?

Greater Deity
03-13-2014, 12:54 PM
Well that explains a lot of the fatigue. I would still recommend you look into drinking better quality water.

Edit - to explain myself. Do you really expect to have good energy with such a low fat diet with next to no vegetables?

This OP. You need a diet with more variety of foods. You need the micros, minerals and fiber from fruits and vegetables to help maintain your overall health. Pop tarts, granola bars, crackers, other sweets (wow...) -- that's all just basically splashing your bloodstream with sugar. Buy some whole foods, get in the kitchen and play chef. I understand the constraints on time in a regimented life -- regardless, I make time, at least 1 hour out of the day to cook my meals and then go! You can do it man -- you can lift as heavy as you want, but your nutrition is a large part of the game in sight of overall health.

underdawg17
03-13-2014, 05:16 PM
This is actually beginning to scare me. I went in to the gym today and tried to do my normal routine starting with squats. I could barely squat 95 for 2 reps and I was at 155 for 8 before. This is not normal at all. My body feels like it's 30 lbs heavier and I feel slower mentally and physically. It feels as though I was drunk or something. My balance is off too.

I'm also having some anxiety and cant think straight. I'm completely out of it right now. I also feel nauseous and my appetite is dead. It feels like flu like symptoms, but it's only my body. No other symptoms. I feel like just passing out.

Good thing I'm going to the doc tomorrow, but idk how I'm going to explain this.

NDeeps27
03-13-2014, 07:27 PM
definitely eat some fruit, vegetables, make sure you get enough fats, rest and talk to your doc