PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson set to take job as President of BO for NYK

sdballer5588
03-10-2014, 11:17 AM
What the....

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/10583166/looks-phil-jackson-take-new-york-knicks-job

BullStampede
03-10-2014, 11:20 AM
Willing to bet they are still in the lottery next year.

theperseverance
03-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Brah,he can't smell that bad

sdballer5588
03-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Willing to bet they are still in the lottery next year.

My question is what is the end game taking this job? Was this the best FO job available? Can he possibly even expect to overturn the damage they've already inflicted for the next few years?

Best case scenario here is contention in a few years. They have so many screw ups it's crazy.

They must be paying him an arm leg torso head other arm and other leg.

Brah,he can't smell that bad

I'm ashamed to have laughed.

wickedman
03-10-2014, 11:22 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/33y5mps.jpg

Phil is too old to turn around the Knicks.

sandpapergooch
03-10-2014, 11:32 AM
My question is what is the end game taking this job? Was this the best FO job available? Can he possibly even expect to overturn the damage they've already inflicted for the next few years?

Best case scenario here is contention in a few years. They have so many screw ups it's crazy.

They must be paying him an arm leg torso head other arm and other leg.

I'm ashamed to have laughed.

The Knicks are probably the only team desperate enough to meet all his demands. He'll bring credibility to the team and will hopefully help attract a decent coach and not another yes man.

sdballer5588
03-10-2014, 11:33 AM
The Knicks are probably the only team desperate enough to meet all his demands. He'll bring credibility to the team and will hopefully help attract a decent coach and not another yes man.

The real question is, does he have the authority to rule over Dolan? That article says Dolan still wants in on decisions.

darknessmanX
03-10-2014, 11:33 AM
i bet Calipari will become the head coach.

TexasMajor
03-10-2014, 11:36 AM
My hate for Jim Buss will multiply if this happens.

sdballer5588
03-10-2014, 11:38 AM

If you are a laker fan and do not already own a voodoo doll of him that you stab daily, then you are doing it wrong.

See at least the Celtics have good owners and front office people.

chlaxman
03-10-2014, 11:39 AM
Not a smart move, Phil...

broboma2012
03-10-2014, 11:40 AM
melo just got his out. to get paid the most while getting to appear to care about winning.

Suit
03-10-2014, 11:42 AM
i bet Calipari will become the head coach.

Wouldn't be a surprise.

sdballer5588
03-10-2014, 11:42 AM
melo just got his out. to get paid the most while getting to appear to care about winning.

I'm rooting for a Melo to the Bulls deal.

broboma2012
03-10-2014, 11:44 AM

i honestly don't see it happening. bulls have not gotten a big free agent in.... ever.

FGCHENG
03-10-2014, 01:05 PM

This this this.

Same here, Melo deserves good teammates. And Melo will be forced to play some D under coach Thibs

MusicalHam
03-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Melo to the bulls would be great.
Chance to see if he really is a black hole, or just been on bad teams.
kinda feel bad for him in a way.

Also, anything that makes more teams in the east good, is better for the NBA.
Hopefully some fringe stars in the mid seeded west go east like Curry.
He'd probably break his ankle on the way there though

RedSox1990
03-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Noah>Melo Idk about Melo in Chicago, might mess up their chemistry.

MusicalHam
03-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Noah>Melo Idk about Melo in Chicago, might mess up their chemistry.Noah's bigman passing ability to an open melo on the three point line?

isp
03-10-2014, 01:22 PM
Would rather see Melo leave for a team ready to contend (like the Bulls). Knicks are going to need too much time to get back no matter who is running the FO.

Plus, withh Dolan still in the picture who knows... he could still impede any progress that Phil might try to make.

RedSox1990
03-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Noah's bigman passing ability to an open melo on the three point line?

Why not just find a three point shooter then if you think that is what they need. Would be much cheaper than Melo

IndianBrah92
03-10-2014, 01:27 PM
Why not just find a three point shooter then if you think that is what they need. Would be much cheaper than Melo

i think he'd fit pretty well. it seems like he would fill in the missing void offensively as well as contribute to strengths already existing.

he would have to pick up the 1 thing he lacks which is rotation/help team defense, but i think he'd get better under the head coach as a defensive player

dml3
03-10-2014, 02:09 PM
This move makes absolutely no sense.

I know phil has always wanted to coach the Knicks since his days of playing. Maybe this is one thing on his bucket list is to be involved in the knicks somehow before he kicks the bucket.

Guy is 70 years old.

ajctennis
03-10-2014, 02:28 PM
It seems strange because Phil usually takes over teams with good talent. You would think he would be more interested in say the Rockets ( barring location). I dont see any way the Lakers will ever get Phil again after the way they botched that hiring. Someone needs to call in the mob and retire Kobe and Nash.

03-10-2014, 02:38 PM

meh, phil will bring credibility to the team and he has a chit ton of cap space to work with. i'm sure next year there's gonna be a huge overturn and they'll absolutely suck, but they'll clear up cap space and get a good draft pick. any coach he hires will probably run his system if i had to guess, so it shouldn't be a bad deal.

if this deal goes through, the knicks might be bake (two or three years from now).