PDA

View Full Version : Statistical percentages of football players playing at the next level

james21561
03-09-2014, 08:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/penMfY9.jpg

HumptyBrah
03-09-2014, 08:50 PM
150 players make it to year 4 lolwut? Are they saying 150 players per rookie class make it 4 years?

james21561
03-09-2014, 08:51 PM
150 players make it to year 4 lolwut? Are they saying 150 players per rookie class make it 4 years?your average nfl player plays for 3-4 seasons max

HumptyBrah
03-09-2014, 08:52 PM
your average nfl player plays for 3-4 seasons max
I understand that, I'm questioning the "150 players reach year 4" statistic.

ArryRedknapp
03-09-2014, 08:54 PM
What a poorly laid out infographic...

jassako
03-09-2014, 09:44 PM
implying that only college seniors can get drafted...actual % is much lower

alphadodger
03-09-2014, 09:47 PM
And yet there are many sports miscers in the michael sam combine thread think they can put up equal or better combine numbers than top NFL prospects....

There was one delusional miscer who posted estimated combine workout stats identical to top 15 pick anthony barr lmao

HayZues Christi
03-09-2014, 09:53 PM
6.5% x 1.6% actually comes out to .104%. Higher percentage of high school players make nfl than I would have guessed.

smokeater
03-10-2014, 05:58 AM
And yet there are many sports miscers in the michael sam combine thread think they can put up equal or better combine numbers than top NFL prospects....

There was one delusional miscer who posted estimated combine workout stats identical to top 15 pick anthony barr lmao

Some of the combine numbers are certainly reachable. But a lot of people miss a few things when comparing their own abilities. Each of these guys are put on the spot in front of hundreds of scouts, their peers and everyone watching on TV and the internet. When it's just you, your buddy, and video camera in the gym you can focus on your task a bit easier than these guys can.

Also remember that the best football players are invited to the combine. They don't invite the best track athletes in hopes that they will somehow make good football players. How many guys have performed well in the combines and done absolutely nothing with their NFL careers? And how many have done poorly and gone onto football greatness? Remember Tom Brady's horrific combine? Stephen Paea put up 15 more reps on the bench press than JJ Watt, who would we want on our team? Marshawn Lynch ran a 4.46 at his combine, should Seattle cut him in favor of one of the 4 guys who put up a better time this year?

Michael Sam is a good example of a guy who didn't put up great numbers at the combine, but those numbers don't reflect the kind of football player he is. I don't have much exposure to the guy but the little I have seen he strikes me as having very good field awareness and a good eye for the game. You don't need to run a 4.2 when you're three steps ahead of your opponent. I've been watching football for a long time and have never seen a player run 40 yards in a straight line, unobstructed, in a pair of gym shorts. People who can't play football, and who only have the ability to run 40 yards in a straight line, might get some sort of satisfaction in this. But there is a reason Michael Sam is at the combine and they are watching on tv.

james21561
03-10-2014, 12:20 PM
Bump

jross2021
03-10-2014, 12:29 PM
so you make 900k in 3 years, live smart, invest, open a business... why are they saying you wont make enough? Strong false agenda.

MusicalHam
03-10-2014, 12:34 PM
Knew someone at the Combine this year, and another who is having two different prodays where he will be scouted.

IndianBrah92
03-10-2014, 12:42 PM
one of my teammates from high school was basically destined for the NFL they used to say. dat nikka don goofed, quit our senior year even though he was getting scouted.

he barely even tried, made excuses in practice and purposely vomited to rest extended periods of times and still was getting looked at for D1 because of his game time performances. hes a "has been" now. it just makes me mad how some people have the chances to make it despite the odds, and yet they fuk up due to immaturity.

FGCHENG
03-10-2014, 01:13 PM
That 252,000 salary after taxes was the most surprising part honestly. Taxes rape big time when you make money

BullBoy8
03-10-2014, 01:18 PM

Combine numbers dont translate to how well you play on the field. Yes Id assume people on a lifting site can perform better at the combine. They are also no where near as good at football as the players at the combine are obviously.

NorrinRadd12
03-10-2014, 01:43 PM
My GF is 6'1, her dad 6'8 (former D1 basketball player). I coach high school football. You guise mad my son is going to be the #1 pick in the draft and I'm going to decide where he goes ala Archie Manning?