PDA

View Full Version : Acc poy?

James24WR
03-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Who should it be?

After last night, I think Parker wins it. I think TJ Warren deserves it, but the ACC would rather give it to the hyped up player on a good team than the best player in the ACC, on a mediocre team.

sircharles032
03-09-2014, 10:57 AM
I agree with you that Warren is the best player but it's hard to justify an MVP award to a guy that doesn't get his team to the post season. Parker will win it and he's a great candidate, too.

James24WR
03-09-2014, 11:04 AM
I agree with you that Warren is the best player but it's hard to justify an MVP award to a guy that doesn't get his team to the post season. Parker will win it and he's a great candidate, too.

Erik Green last year? VT was awful an he was POY, with numbers much less eye popping then Warren. To lead the league in PPG and FG% is crazy. He is also #1 in offensive rebounds and top 5 in plenty of other statistics. Pitt tried everything on him when he had 41 monday night. Double teams, triangle and two, you name it. They couldn't stop him. Pretty much nobody could this season.

sircharles032
03-09-2014, 11:05 AM
I'm not arguing that I think Warren should get it. I agree he's been the best in the ACC this year. I just don't think it's likely they'll give it to him when you have a stud on a good team who has ridden the hype train all year like you said. Just doesn't happen that way too often. More people need to know who Warren is, though.

James24WR
03-09-2014, 11:11 AM
I'm not arguing that I think Warren should get it. I agree he's been the best in the ACC this year. I just don't think it's likely they'll give it to him when you have a stud on a good team who has ridden the hype train all year like you said. Just doesn't happen that way too often. More people need to know who Warren is, though.

Yeah. I think Parker sealed it with his performance last night. It's a shame though, Warren has done things this year that nobody has ever done in the ACC. Parker is a great player though, and if Warren doesn't get it I think Parker is the next best. Followed by Mcdaniels and Paige.

James24WR
03-09-2014, 05:33 PM
TJ Warren with BACK TO BACK 40 POINT GAMES. He may be the best player in the country.

Inb4 Doug McDermott.

Warren is doin this vs ACC competition. He is rediculous.

Dangled
03-09-2014, 08:26 PM
KJ Mcdaniels

clemson

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/56631/k.j.-mcdaniels

if he stays next season, he will win ACC POY or definitely be a top candidate.

James24WR
03-10-2014, 04:33 PM
KJ Mcdaniels

clemson

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/56631/k.j.-mcdaniels

if he stays next season, he will win ACC POY or definitely be a top candidate.

McDaniels is crazy. Probably the most athletic player in the ACC. I agree that he could be the top candidate next year, but Warren, Parker, and Paige are ahead of him this year.

Also, First Team All ACC;

TJ Warren, SF, NC State
Jabari Parker, PF, Duke
KJ Mcdaniels, SF, Clemson
Marcus Paige, G, UNC
C.J Fair, G, Syracuse

Masstastic
03-10-2014, 05:27 PM
McDaniels is crazy. Probably the most athletic player in the ACC. I agree that he could be the top candidate next year, but Warren, Parker, and Paige are ahead of him this year.

Also, First Team All ACC;

TJ Warren, SF, NC State
Jabari Parker, PF, Duke
KJ Mcdaniels, SF, Clemson
Marcus Paige, G, UNC
C.J Fair, G, Syracuse

Paige over Ennis?

That's interesting.

And POY should be Jabari. He's played out of position all year.

James24WR
03-10-2014, 06:42 PM
Paige over Ennis?

That's interesting.

And POY should be Jabari. He's played out of position all year.

Lol what? Paige>Ennis
Carolina would be NIT without Paige. He is their backbone.

Have you seen Warrens numbers? The only fair argument for Parker over Warren is being on a good team, which means nothing IMO. Parker has the luxury of being on a team full of players, so othe teams don't target him like they do Warren. Warren has had every sort of junk defense thrown at him and he's still unstoppable. Parker is incredible but I don't think you can just ignore the season Warren has had.

chlaxman
03-10-2014, 06:44 PM
Should be TJ Warren. Wouldnt be surprised with Paige or Parker though.

James24WR
03-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Should be TJ Warren. Wouldnt be surprised with Paige or Parker though.

Tobacco Road>>>>

chlaxman
03-10-2014, 06:56 PM
Tobacco Road>>>>

RDU >>>>>>> all

James24WR
03-10-2014, 07:13 PM
RDU >>>>>>> all

Definitely. ~Raleigh crew checking in.~
I live right outside of NCSU's campus.

chlaxman
03-11-2014, 05:54 AM
Definitely. ~Raleigh crew checking in.~
I live right outside of NCSU's campus.

Used to live just off Glenwood. Now I'm out on the edge of North Raleigh.

BiggyPharma
03-11-2014, 09:10 AM
Holly Springs here....and Warren should get it without a doubt. Parker just gets so much media attention that it skews people's opinions. 25ppg 8 rpg and playing with a bunch of mediocre freshmen. Crazy year.

James24WR
03-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Used to live just off Glenwood. Now I'm out on the edge of North Raleigh.

Nice man. It's a great city. I live right off hilsborough street, so pretty much on state campus. Where do you lift? I go to the YMCA on hilsborough. Used to go to the O2 in Cary.

Congrats to TJ for ACC POY!!

James24WR
03-11-2014, 03:16 PM
Holly Springs here....and Warren should get it without a doubt. Parker just gets so much media attention that it skews people's opinions. 25ppg 8 rpg and playing with a bunch of mediocre freshmen. Crazy year.

Strong Raleigh crew in this thread! I like it.
And yeah, Parker is great but his media attention is what really even had him in the conversation. Warren has done things this season that seem impossible.

adm1986
03-11-2014, 03:22 PM
lived in oberlin court apts. man i miss that. sloots would come back to the apt and fall in love.

chlaxman
03-11-2014, 03:40 PM
Nice man. It's a great city. I live right off hilsborough street, so pretty much on state campus. Where do you lift? I go to the YMCA on hilsborough. Used to go to the O2 in Cary.

Congrats to TJ for ACC POY!!

Anytime Fitness by my work in RTP. Honestly my apartment complex has a decent facility with bench, squat rack, etc. so I just go there at 5 AM.

chlaxman
03-11-2014, 03:43 PM
Strong Raleigh crew in this thread! I like it.
And yeah, Parker is great but his media attention is what really even had him in the conversation. Warren has done things this season that seem impossible.

I wouldn't downplay Parker too much. He'd have been in the conversation no matter what. 4th leading scorer, leading rebounder, and hes playing out of position. Hes a 3 (natural position) and better rebounder than everyone else.

James24WR
03-11-2014, 04:01 PM
I wouldn't downplay Parker too much. He'd have been in the conversation no matter what. 4th leading scorer, leading rebounder, and hes playing out of position. Hes a 3 (natural position) and better rebounder than everyone else.

I'm aware of how great he is, but I think if Warren had the hype that Parker had and played for a good team, it would be a landslide. Parker has had an a POY type if year, but Warren has just been unbelievable. Plus Parker has not been incredibly consistant in ACC play like Warren has.

chlaxman
03-11-2014, 04:02 PM
I'm aware of how great he is, but I think if Warren had the hype that Parker had and played for a good team, it would be a landslide. Parker has had an a POY type if year, but Warren has just been unbelievable. Plus Parker has not been incredibly consistant in ACC play like Warren has.

Yeah Warren definitely deserves it, no argument here.