PDA

View Full Version : 2 much 2 fast in morning questionmark

QuiteTheHooker
03-06-2014, 12:36 AM
Herro

so i'm a pretty skinny guy [-70kg], just starting my first serious bulk - and i was just wondering if it's bad for one to cram down like 1000-1500 kCal within 30 minutes of waking up. [0630-0700] A serious portion of oats/or müsli, two bananas and some weightgainer is what i'm eating here. basically i feel full and sloggish as **** after this, and really struggle to keep eating througout the day as i wanna keep hitting 4000++++ calories per.day.

i don't really mind it, i kinda love this ''**** meng gotta keep eating pack dat weight'' mentality throughout the day, was just wondering if it's ''bad'' for the system esp. in the morning.

gbullock32
03-06-2014, 01:29 AM
Bad? Nope, if you want to eat a big meal right away, than go for it.

Zantei
03-06-2014, 01:34 AM
I don't like to spike my insulin in the morning as the crash will tire me out before the day has even started. That and I hate starting the day bloated and in a state which retains water (depending on sodium). I eat most of my meals towards the end of the day.

QuiteTheHooker
03-06-2014, 01:36 AM
I don't like to spike my insulin in the morning as the crash will tire me out before the day has even started. That and I hate starting the day bloated and in a state which retains water (depending on sodium). I eat most of my meals towards the end of the day.

makes sense, should probably move the w.g. shake up a bit later.
thx

pogioli4
03-06-2014, 01:39 AM

I'm that same way, I definitely eat more calories at night. I'm also up really late all the time too so that prly has a little to do with it

LordMarcus6
03-06-2014, 06:08 AM
First of all, why 4k+ a day? Yeah, you'll gain a lot of mass...mostly fat. Unless you have a rocking metabolism, lol (if so, then rock your 4k+)

personally I don't like consuming THAT many calories at a time. Most I'll do is 500-600. My body isnt a fan of huge meals anymore (was when I was a 220lb fatty) so I never force it. Nice med size breakfast does it.

If it's making you feel sluggish and like you can't eat all day, few things to do. First of all, eat more around your workouts/high activity bouts. Your body will crave food so feed it. Secondly, spread out your oats throughout the day. They are a great carb and fiber source, but fill you up like crazy. I've switched out some of my oats for maltodextrin..super cheap complex carb, mixes flawlessly with water or milk and doesnt make you feel stuffed.