PDA

View Full Version : Life cereal

mindburnt
08-23-2003, 07:28 PM
GI rating of 66. kinda high, but this food is really the only "craving" I have. My cheat day consists of......LOTS OF LIFE CEREAL, and then my regular diet.

I figure if I replace my boring rolled oats in the morning with life cereal, as well as having life at night, then I would never need a cheat day at all. I dont really believe in cheat days, but when I have them, its just a box of life cereal throughout the day. seriously, I have no other cravings.

My question is would a GI this high for pre workout(including milk) (along with yams and whey) be a bad idea? everything else i eat is below 50 GI except post workout meals.

Oh, LIFE has no trans fatty acids either. only "bad" ingredient is sugar.

oddball182
08-23-2003, 08:20 PM
if you HAVE to have life cereal, i'd try to stick with having it for a post-workout meal or at breakfast.

wildman536
08-24-2003, 01:02 AM
Id Opt for Cheerios!!

Lumber Black
08-24-2003, 01:21 AM
speaking of cereal i gotta make a cheat day sometime soon because i'm fiending for some apple jacks and cinnamon toast crunch. **** a hot dog and fries would be nice to... wow pizza would be very tasty... no cheat day in 3 weeks... **** it's time pretty damn soon.

Zerto
08-24-2003, 05:33 AM
grape-nut flakes and Total, IMO, are two of the best tasting, and also two of the most nutritious cereals out there. Get them.

mindburnt
08-24-2003, 06:39 AM
TOTAL!. I forgot about total! Thankyou. I might use it instead. its GI is lower isnt it? Im pretty sure it is.