PDA

View Full Version : Losing weight too fast?

esheg
03-02-2014, 07:38 PM
I started cutting on jan 20. Before i started I had a couple of cheat days. The scale had me at 189. After 6 weeks I'm at 171.8. That was today's weight after a cup of coffee and bowel movement. My goal is to get to 11-12% bf. I'm 20% according to some members on this site. I also switched to keto just recently so I may have dropped some more water. Currently at 2150-2200 calories. I also lift 6 days per week and do hiit 2-3 times a week. Thinking of doing it just once a week now. Any advice and suggestions would help. Thanks

Edit: posted pic to get a bf % one more time.

esheg
03-02-2014, 08:31 PM
Bump

cls91
03-02-2014, 08:33 PM
How tall are you?

Do you know how much you've been losing per week in the past few weeks...or just 17lbs in the past 6 weeks?

I'd say your less than 20%, but I also think you should be bulking; there's not much muscle mass to cut down too.

esheg
03-02-2014, 08:38 PM
How tall are you?

Do you know how much you've been losing per week in the past few weeks...or just 17lbs in the past 6 weeks?

I'd say your less than 20%, but I also think you should be bulking; there's not much muscle mass to cut down too.

5'9

Don't have a good idea on how much I'm losing. I weigh myself everyday. I shouldn't do that I know.

I knew someone was going to tell me to bulk. I have love handles and its hard for me to see results when I bulk. I have a lot of fat as u can see in the lower ab/back. Also this pic was taken in the morning empty stomach so I look leaner. Should I maybe post another pic?

cls91
03-02-2014, 08:44 PM
5'9

Don't have a good idea on how much I'm losing. I weigh myself everyday. I shouldn't do that I know.

I knew someone was going to tell me to bulk. I have love handles and its hard for me to see results when I bulk. I have a lot of fat as u can see in the lower ab/back. Also this pic was taken in the morning empty stomach so I look leaner. Should I maybe post another pic?

No need to post another pic. Love handles and lower belly fat is just your body's way of storing body fat.

If its hard for you to see bulking results, then you're doing something wrong.

In simple terms:
1. Small caloric surplus
2. Adequate protein intake
3. Consistent improvement in the gym

All three must be satisfied, be patient, and you will see results.

I'd still say bulk; and regardless of how often you weigh yourself, make sure you know your average weekly weight gain after water-weight stabilizes. Adjust calories accordingly, if needed, so that you're gaining around .5lbs/week, or 2-3lbs/month, which is a good rate to minimize fat gains.

esheg
03-02-2014, 08:47 PM
No need to post another pic. Love handles and lower belly fat is just your body's way of storing body fat.

If its hard for you to see bulking results, then you're doing something wrong.

In simple terms:
1. Small caloric surplus
2. Adequate protein intake
3. Consistent improvement in the gym

All three must be satisfied, be patient, and you will see results.

I'd still say bulk; and regardless of how often you weigh yourself, make sure you know your average weekly weight gain after water-weight stabilizes. Adjust calories accordingly, if needed, so that you're gaining around .5lbs/week, or 2-3lbs/month, which will minimize fat gains.

How long would I bulk for?

cls91
03-02-2014, 08:50 PM
How long would I bulk for?

Until you have enough muscle mass to warrant a cut.

esheg
03-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Until you have enough muscle mass to warrant a cut.

Mann so confused. Gonna think about it. My plan was to cut for 4-5 more months get to 150 pounds or until I see abs then bulk

cls91
03-02-2014, 09:06 PM
Mann so confused. Gonna think about it. My plan was to cut for 4-5 more months get to 150 pounds or until I see abs then bulk

You definitely do not want to be 5'9 and 150lbs. What good are abs if you look sick and unhealthy.

Do a slow, lean bulk, gain some mass while limiting fat gains; then when the time comes cut down and you'll look much better with bigger, more pronounced abs and more mass on all your other muscle groups as well.

FitTimbo17
03-02-2014, 09:08 PM
I think everyone starts at the phase, they want abs. Then as soon as they get them and realize they are just a skinny dude with abs they start trying to add mass.
Chicks like abs, but they like them a lot more on a more well rounded physique.

esheg
03-02-2014, 09:23 PM
You definitely do not want to be 5'9 and 150lbs. What good are abs if you look sick and unhealthy.

Do a slow, lean bulk, gain some mass while limiting fat gains; then when the time comes cut down and you'll look much better with bigger, more pronounced abs and more mass on all your other muscle groups as well.

Ur 135 pounds and u look great.

If I were to bulk what routine would work well? I lift 6 days per week. I lift for aesthetics not so much strenght

cls91
03-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Ur 135 pounds and u look great.

If I were to bulk what routine would work well? I lift 6 days per week. I lift for aesthetics not so much strenght

Thanks; but I'm also 5'6... I'm also currently bulking.

Go to the relevant forums on this site and find a reputable program that you think is well suited for yourself. If you're unsure I'd recommend making a thread there.

esheg
03-03-2014, 12:22 PM
New pic taken today. Scale had me at 169. If I do bulk im gonna do phat and just lift hard as I can. If anyone else has any advice/suggestions pls let me know