PDA

View Full Version : Epic cheat meal, did I phuck up my diet?

SuperManDan8
02-25-2014, 05:59 PM
Been dieting for 6 weeks, went from 20% to 12% bf

Just had my first epic cheat meal
-buffalo wings
-Oreos
-Nutella
-pizza

Did I **** up all my hard work or will I bounce back if I hit the diet again tomorrow?

Former300lber
02-25-2014, 06:07 PM
Get back to normal and reasses your diet, bingeing usually is the result of a diet that is way to restrictive, or a deficit that is far to steep.

naggers
02-25-2014, 06:10 PM

-buffalo wings
-Oreos
-Nutella
-pizza

Did I **** up all my hard work or will I bounce back if I hit the diet again tomorrow?

no you did not mess up
every once in a while a cheat meal is necessary. google leptin theory. it will calm you down. :)
just get back on track tomorrow and its all good.

SuperManDan8
02-25-2014, 06:13 PM
no you did not mess up
every once in a while a cheat meal is necessary. google leptin theory. it will calm you down. :)
just get back on track tomorrow and its all good.

Thank you so much man, that really helped me feel better.
If I had green points I'd rep you brah

SuperManDan8
02-25-2014, 06:19 PM
Get back to normal and reasses your diet, bingeing usually is the result of a diet that is way to restrictive, or a deficit that is far to steep.

It was a planned cheatmeal, I'm gunna do refeeds for my last 6 weeks

PBateman2
02-25-2014, 06:30 PM
You're good homey!

AlwaysTryin
02-25-2014, 06:40 PM
It was a planned cheatmeal, I'm gunna do refeeds for my last 6 weeks

So you realise refeeds and cheat meals are different right?

odinseye84
02-25-2014, 06:59 PM
Don't worry, my cheat day just consisted of 4x wendys jr. bacons, a double meat chipotle burrito bol loaded to the gills, and a huge gourmet 12oz cheeseburger with a big bowl of sweet potato fries and a peanut butter chocolate cupcake. Sometimes you need a day like this for your sanity after heavy cutting!

Just do not make it a habit! Once in awhile. In my experience the scale shows +5lbs or so the next day due to water, excess carbs? But it will go away in a day or two. Also, usually gives me renewed strength in the gym for a few days!

3StripesLaced
02-25-2014, 07:05 PM
That's a cheat snack.. you're good

One cheat meal won't make you fat

just like eating a single salad won't make you skinny

SuperManDan8
02-25-2014, 07:49 PM
You're good homey!

Thanks man, sometimes I need some reassurance

SuperManDan8
02-25-2014, 07:50 PM
Don't worry, my cheat day just consisted of 4x wendys jr. bacons, a double meat chipotle burrito bol loaded to the gills, and a huge gourmet 12oz cheeseburger with a big bowl of sweet potato fries and a peanut butter chocolate cupcake. Sometimes you need a day like this for your sanity after heavy cutting!

Just do not make it a habit! Once in awhile. In my experience the scale shows +5lbs or so the next day due to water, excess carbs? But it will go away in a day or two. Also, usually gives me renewed strength in the gym for a few days!

Sounds like you go HAM on cheat meals lol, how often do you indulge when cutting

SuperManDan8
02-25-2014, 07:51 PM

just like eating a single salad won't make you skinny

Good point

gbullock32
02-25-2014, 08:10 PM

just like eating a single salad won't make you skinnyEat the salad first, this negates any and all "cheat" meals for the rest of the day! Just kidding, but that does seem to be what a lot of people seem to think...

SuperManDan8
02-25-2014, 08:12 PM
Best is when I see people OD on fast food and think they're doing good because they drink it with a diet coke

tara19
02-25-2014, 09:07 PM
Is binging a common occurrence for you OP?

MetilHed
02-25-2014, 09:20 PM
Best is when I see people OD on fast food and think they're doing good because they drink it with a diet coke

No worse than the ones that have a big cheat meal and think they've ruined all the work they've done so far. And then ask the internet if they've ruined everything with one meal.

AlwaysTryin
02-25-2014, 09:26 PM
No worse than the ones that have a big cheat meal and think they've ruined all the work they've done so far. And then ask the internet if they've ruined everything with one meal.

Or making a thread about how people use IIFYM and how can they possibly eat Chipotle while dieting....

Oh wait, the OP just did it right then

ErikTheElectric
02-25-2014, 09:29 PM
This thread is new and exciting...

-buffalo wings
-Oreos
-Nutella
-pizza

Did I **** up all my hard work or will I bounce back if I hit the diet again tomorrow?Rationally think about the question you just asked.. is this really likely?

MetilHed
02-25-2014, 09:38 PM
This thread is new and exciting...

Rationally think about the question you just asked.. is this really likely?

Preferably before posting.

loganhart
02-25-2014, 11:22 PM

-buffalo wings
-Oreos
-Nutella
-pizza

What are your macros?
Did that meal put you in a surplus?
If so by how much?

You have posted no relevant information to indicate anything is wrong with what you ate.

Nutrient value > name of food.

If you feel you may have an inappropriate relationship with food or have feelings of guilt, there are various avenues to treat such.