PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some feedback on my diet.

Shadoof77
02-20-2014, 07:39 PM
Hey guys,

I'm very new to the dieting half of training and looking for any advice or if my diet is headed the right way. Started about a week ago. My goals are to lose weight while maintaining my strength.
I'm kind of following Kris Gethin's 12 week trainer as well.

So my diet plan, basically same thing everyday. No sugar, no diary, no bread. I add a little salt/pepper to my brown rice and sweet potato.

9:00am Wake up, 6 Egg whites cooked with 2 tablespoons of medium-hot salsa.

11:00am (usually pre-workout)
Tilapia, broiled
mix of broccoli and green beans, frozen and boiled
cup of multi-grain brown rice

2:00pm (post workout)
Whey protein shake, with water
Half a chicken breast, seasoned/grilled
Mix of broccoli and green beans again
sweet potato mashed, no skin about a cup

6:00pm
half of chicken breast, seasoned/grilled
Mix of broccoli and green beans again
-depending if i only had a cardio day only i usually won't have any carbs at this meal, if I did a work out regime I will have more brown rice or sweet potato mashed for this meal

9:00pm dinner
eye or round steak, beef grilled
mix of broccoli and green beans
no carbs

11:00pm Casein protein shake, with water

Looking for opinions and feedback on this so far. I workout 4 days a week, cardio 5 days.
Thank you for your help gals and fellas.

Opportuniteas1
02-20-2014, 08:20 PM
Don't be afraid to eat the egg yolks. Most of the nutrition in the egg is in the yolk. http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=92

Opportuniteas1
02-20-2014, 08:22 PM
I would also add in more healthy fats with my sweet potato/veggies like coconut oil or grass fed butter

ZMan45
02-20-2014, 08:33 PM
Question. The food you list would be described by most as "healthy".

But do you think it's even remotely healthy to

A) Eat practically zero dietary fat?

B) Eat the same food over and over again with no variety?

ErikTheElectric
02-20-2014, 09:31 PM
Which fitness magazine did you get this out of OP?

Shadoof77
02-21-2014, 05:55 AM
Don't be afraid to eat the egg yolks. Most of the nutrition in the egg is in the yolk.

Thanks for the info!

I would also add in more healthy fats with my sweet potato/veggies like coconut oil or grass fed butter

Question. The food you list would be described by most as "healthy".

But do you think it's even remotely healthy to

A) Eat practically zero dietary fat?

B) Eat the same food over and over again with no variety?

No idea if eating the same thing over and over would matter?

Which fitness magazine did you get this out of OP?

Actually got it from Kris Gethins diet plan. If you look it up, this is what he includes in his meal plan. So thats why I was asking because to me it seems to unrealistic on a meal plan like this.

Thanks for feedback fellas

Follix
02-21-2014, 05:59 AM
Your diet is awful... Lack fats, micronutrients and most likely calories as well. Also carbs or meal timing do not matter, caloric intake vs outtake over time will determine weight and nothing else.

That plan is only made to sell supplements. Read the stickies...

weiss1967
02-21-2014, 06:01 AM
Eye round steak is a no-no, just add one more skinless chicken breast and you will be good. And you forgot natural fat-free sugar-free yogurt and gluten-free cupcake, just to complete the picture.

snorkelman
02-21-2014, 06:06 AM
Actually got it from Kris Gethins diet plan. If you look it up, this is what he includes in his meal plan.

His nutrition plan has been repeatedly referred to as crap in the nutrition forum. One of the major reasons is a lack of dietary fat.

WonderPug
02-21-2014, 06:18 AM
Actually got it from Kris Gethins diet plan. If you look it up, this is what he includes in his meal plan. So thats why I was asking because to me it seems to unrealistic on a meal plan like this.That "meal plan" is designed to sell useless supplements, regardless of the harm done to you.

'm kind of following Kris Gethin's 12 week trainer as well.That's a mistake as well. Go to the workout program subform and read the sticky of exercise programs, selecting a proven 5X5 routine.

kencasehall
02-21-2014, 08:46 AM
You need to include dietary fats which are neglected on the program. He admittingly starts to get weaker by the end of 12-weeks and starts being really forgetful with reduced brain function due to neglecting healthy fats. You will not get any advice on the forums to neglect healthy fats as they are the most important macronutrient along with protein.

Also, in general, get a food scale and go with more accurate measurements of your food.