PDA

View Full Version : WTF Pacers trade Granger to 76ers for Evan Turner

PostOfficeRus
02-20-2014, 01:24 PM
Oh man the Leastern Conference Finals is gonna pretty much be the NBA Finals.

Indy vs Miami OH LAWD could be the goat series since 2010 celts lakers finals.

RAdaRuggedMan
02-20-2014, 01:27 PM
Turner is an expiring contract. Someone explain to me why the 76ers would make this trade.

Also a bit excited cause Thaddeus Young is about to go HAM for me in fantasy.

bananabucket
02-20-2014, 01:29 PM
I imagine Turner will be the consolation prize if IND is not able to bring Lance back. he likely can be had a couple million cheaper.

freshnevafrozen
02-20-2014, 01:29 PM
Damn that sucks for him. Gets drafted by Indy, helps them become a contender, and they just let him go like that.

BullBoy8
02-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Turner is an expiring contract. Someone explain to me why the 76ers would make this trade.

They were below the minimum salary line and needed to get above it. If they stayed below it, they would owe money spread out evenly to the other teams in the nba, or something like that.

EuropeanHammer
02-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Turner won't make the Pacers any better, imo.

PostOfficeRus
02-20-2014, 01:33 PM

Bench depth. Granger is 30, Turner 25

Turner has no major injury history, Granger does
Turner is a better scorer
plays better d

He makes them better

bananabucket
02-20-2014, 01:35 PM

Granger hasn't been able to hit a shot to save his life this season. he was meant to be a boost to the bench, but if anything it has been worse since he came back.

rayallenscalves
02-20-2014, 01:36 PM
pacers are baaaaakkkeeeee......ET is legit. stephenson should be slid down to the point so turner can start.

EuropeanHammer
02-20-2014, 01:38 PM

plays better d

He makes them better

Well aware, the Pacers are elite, but this doesn't make them better than Miami imo.

bananabucket
stephenson should be slid down to the point so turner can start.

95YdE89nTgI

zsr

This. I don't get the excitement over this trade. Granger wasn't gonna play a big role in the playoffs and either will Turner. No difference for Indiana. Granger will likely put up the same numbers Turner did in Philly because of the pace they play at and the mins he'll get.

Sort of strange move for Indy because they are so big on having chemistry.

BullBoy8

They got worse at D, and Turner isnt really efficient on offense, so he wont improve their offense.

bananabucket
02-20-2014, 01:39 PM
Well aware, the Pacers are elite, but this doesn't make them better than Miami imo.

is that because they already WERE better

bananabucket
02-20-2014, 01:40 PM
They got worse at D, and Turner isnt really efficient on offense, so he wont improve their offense.

is this opposite day or something

EuropeanHammer
02-20-2014, 01:41 PM
is that because they already WERE better

Pacers are not better than Miami bro :)

flexheal
02-20-2014, 01:42 PM

thoughts on jordan hamilton for aaron brooks?

bananabucket
02-20-2014, 01:42 PM

glad that's settled.

rayallenscalves
02-20-2014, 01:43 PM
its always funny how someone can make a post like this ^^^^ despite probably watching about one whole game of the player theyre trying to chit on.
yeah, 25 year old 6'6 turner is so bad. i bet he hasnt been working on his game at all since coming to the league. i bet his 17/6/4/1 per game this season is just all against backups and gimme buckets. he's terrible.

isp
02-20-2014, 01:44 PM
pacers are stacked as fuk

RAdaRuggedMan
02-20-2014, 01:45 PM
Hamilton is a solid athletic SF who plays good defense and rebounds incredibly well. Brooks is pretty much useless and isn't good at anything. Great pickup by Houston.

momason
02-20-2014, 01:50 PM
CJ Watson
Lance Stephenson
Evan Turner
Luis Scola
Andrew Bynum

is a pretty legit bench if Bynum actually plays hard.

BullBoy8
02-20-2014, 01:51 PM

No, he sucks at D. Im sorry

its always funny how someone can make a post like this ^^^^ despite probably watching about one whole game of the player theyre trying to chit on.
yeah, 25 year old 6'6 turner is so bad. i bet he hasnt been working on his game at all since coming to the league. i bet his 17/6/4/1 per game this season is just all against backups and gimme buckets. he's terrible.

Im be following and watching Turner ever since his Ohio state days.

He is an article that breaks down his defense. inb4 some excuse that it isnt reputable. It is from a couple months back though. He could have improved since then, but looking at the 76ers record, I HIGHLY doubt it.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sbnation/sixers/SBNation_20131220_Evan_Turner_Struggling_Defensive ly_for_Brett_Brown_s_Sixers.html

Also, from an espn insider article a couple weeks ago.

The conventional wisdom: Evan Turner is having a breakout season.
The unconventional stat: 13.6 PER

Turner's fourth season in the NBA is a classic case of pace inflation. He's averaging 17.8 points, 6.0 rebounds and 3.8 assists, stats that, to the naked eye, seem to fuel the notion that he finally has figured out the NBA game. But the 76ers' style of play has more to do with his big numbers than vastly improved skill.

The 76ers crank out 102.3 possessions per-game -- three more than the next-speediest team and about six more than average. This means more shots for Turner and more opportunities to drive up his points per game. For possible suitors at the trade deadline, Turner's below-average 13.6 PER is a more honest appraisal of his abilities than his glossy traditional stats. Don't buy into the hype.

bananabucket
02-20-2014, 01:52 PM
Turner is not bad on D, and he certainly isn't worse than Granger. he has also been significantly more efficient than DG this season.

khanvictt
02-20-2014, 01:53 PM
wtffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff feel bad as fukk for granger

liftnation1
02-20-2014, 01:53 PM
The Pacers just won the East.

liftnation1
02-20-2014, 01:55 PM
Guaranteed.

EuropeanHammer
02-20-2014, 01:56 PM

We lose a PG we don't need and get another wingman, which we needed.

jross2021
02-20-2014, 01:57 PM

plays better d

He makes them better

meh, turner is pretty ****ty. very inefficient.

bananabucket
02-20-2014, 02:00 PM

are you aware that Granger has been shooting 36% this season

montecarlo
02-20-2014, 02:05 PM
eastern Conference Finals is gonna pretty much be the NBA Finals.

already was.

jross2021
are you aware that Granger has been shooting 36% this season

yes, he hasn't gotten much of a chance though. Granger is also a better defender (than Turner at least). I'm laughing hard at the guy that said Turner isn't bad on D. I really don't see how Turner fits in Indy. Indy plays a relatively slow pace while Turner thrives in fast paced games. We saw what happened last night when Minnesota controlled the pace.. a lot of indy's possessions were quick turnovers.

liftnation1
Turner is averaging 17 this year.

ballzofpeaze
02-20-2014, 02:46 PM
Now there's someone on the pacers bench who can create his own shot (besides scola?).

Their offence isn't great at all.. so anything coming from the bench should be appreciated by pacers fans i reckon.

gswarrior510
02-20-2014, 03:07 PM
Turner is pretty garbage.. so is Granger, so dont really see what the fuss is all about

gswarrior510
02-20-2014, 03:08 PM
already was.

lol shut the ****, your gay ass team was 1 miracle away from being the biggest disappointment in history of sports.

FGCHENG
02-20-2014, 03:08 PM
Da phuck...? lol Pacers bake now

Evan Turner is such an underrated player. He never gets talked about because he was with the ****ty 6ers. Always was a fan of his, he will add even more depth to the Pacers squad.

If Pacers win the title this year, I'd feel horrible for Granger :(

Lol how do you figure? Granger did nothing for the Pacers (Granger isn't anything close to how he was pre-injury). Turner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Granger

17/6/4 and he won't improve Pacers offense? Lol'd.

jross2021
02-20-2014, 03:13 PM

Evan Turner is such an underrated player. He never gets talked about because he was with the ****ty 6ers. Always was a fan of his, he will add even more depth to the Pacers squad.

Lol how do you figure? Granger did nothing for the Pacers. Turner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Granger

I get every '6ers game on tv and watch most of them.. Turner is avg'ing 17 points on 16 shots and is so inefficient all together it's not funny. Like I said before, Turner is his best in a fast paced offense... guess what Indiana isn't?

FGCHENG
02-20-2014, 03:16 PM
I get every '6ers game on tv and watch most of them.. Turner is avg'ing 17 points on 16 shots and is so inefficient all together it's not funny. Like I said before, Turner is his best in a fast paced offense... guess what Indiana isn't?

Doesn't matter. He did a bulk of the scoring because no one on the 76ers was adequate. Turner will be a lot more fresh off the bench, and he will be a huge spark for the Pacers. We're comparing Turner to Granger here, it's not like the Pacers gave up one of their starters for him. What has Granger done to better the Pacers since his return? Truth is, Turner will add more depth and rebounding for the 2nd unit.

If Bynum plays half as good as he did with the Lakers. The championship goes to the Pacers.

mostalpha
02-20-2014, 03:34 PM
hand pacers the trophy. das it mane. lol @ haters.

Baller01
02-20-2014, 03:35 PM
Rumor has it Granger is going to be bought out and the Clippers will be runner up to sign

Phaze2
02-20-2014, 03:35 PM
Insurance policy if Stevenson doesn't resign they could keep turner since he's restricted

niknguyen
02-20-2014, 03:38 PM
Lmao!!! Pacers gave away their #1 seed. Miami wont have to work as hard.

jross2021
02-20-2014, 03:43 PM
hand pacers the trophy. das it mane. lol @ haters.

I would bet everything I owned that they won't win .

niknguyen
02-20-2014, 03:43 PM

It seems like you're a ****ing fan of everyone thats not on Miami.

Pacers should have targeted a PG since they're still weak as fck in that department.

Inb4 george hill is the answer after 1 game.
Inb4 cj "can't make wide open dunks" watson

TexasMajor
02-20-2014, 03:44 PM
Every single one of you idiots that is doubting Larry Legend's executive decisions is a fcking MORAN. Get a blues clue.

FmrD3LB
02-20-2014, 03:46 PM
Now there's someone on the pacers bench who can create his own shot (besides scola?).

Their offence isn't great at all.. so anything coming from the bench should be appreciated by pacers fans i reckon.

The pacers are the Seahawks. They will always give up 90 but they only need 91+

chlaxman
02-20-2014, 03:49 PM
Definitely a good trade for Indy. Granger has sucked so it's pretty low risk. He'll improve the bench for the regular season but that's not particularly important for the playoffs.

But Turner is being pretty overrated ITT.

FGCHENG
02-20-2014, 04:01 PM

Pacers should have targeted a PG since they're still weak as fck in that department.

Pacers don't need a PG. Their playing style doesn't rely heavily on PG play. They just need a PG that's adequate on defense and George Hill isn't bad in that department. Evan Turner is not the answer, he's not a savior, but he doesn't hurt the Pacers' chances of winning especially if they're just giving Granger away who clearly isn't the same player he was when he was healthy. Pacers were great without Granger. Ever since Granger came back, he didn't add anything extra to the Pacers, this is why the Pacers decided it was time to move on from him. Evan Turner has starting experience in the NBA, he can score, and he can rebound. Right now in their careers, Turner >> Granger.

Still think Miami will coast into the finals. Pacers are a great team don't get me wrong I just think Miami is on another level when they're in playoffs mode. Plus you have to factor in the unfortunate truth that the NBE is licking their lips at the idea of another Miami/OKC finals so the pacers really have it stacked against them.

I think the only chance to dethrone them is a healthy Thunder team.

I got a feeling Miami will really miss Mike Miller in the playoffs. Dude was such a stud.

cor030
02-20-2014, 04:01 PM
Still think Miami will coast into the finals. Pacers are a great team don't get me wrong I just think Miami is on another level when they're in playoffs mode. Plus you have to factor in the unfortunate truth that the NBE is licking their lips at the idea of another Miami/OKC finals so the pacers really have it stacked against them.

I think the only chance to dethrone them is a healthy Thunder team.

mostalpha
02-20-2014, 04:05 PM

george hill is fukin chit and he russles me as much as jj barea. watson is a fine backup though not to mention stephenson, turner and paul george are all capable of running a team in stretches anyway.

Daewoo_Lanos
02-20-2014, 05:00 PM
Lmao!!! Pacers gave away their #1 seed. Miami wont have to work as hard.

This

Turner is one of the most inefficient players in the league and there won't be enough shots for him in Indy to score 17ppg unless he dramatically improves his efficiency.

11-12 ppg. Tops.

AlaskanMuscle
02-20-2014, 05:39 PM
From someone who actually watches the nba(and not just espn & TNT games), Turner really isn't bad at all. Pacers improve with him on offense and defense.

Indy2thaWindy
02-20-2014, 06:01 PM
This

Turner is one of the most inefficient players in the league and there won't be enough shots for him in Indy to score 17ppg unless he dramatically improves his efficiency.

11-12 ppg. Tops.

How is that worse than Granger's 8ppg on 36%? lol fuggin potato

Daewoo_Lanos
02-20-2014, 06:10 PM
How is that worse than Granger's 8ppg on 36%? lol fuggin potato

granger is playing far below his potential and turner is playing as good as ever.. which is sad for him.

and granger was still a much better 3 point shooter.

you'll see. will bump

Indy2thaWindy
02-20-2014, 06:17 PM
granger is playing far below his potential and turner is playing as good as ever.. which is sad for him.

you'll see. will bump

Granger's been awful since 11-12. If you actually expect him to turn it around than lol at you. I've watched every games he's played in. He's was done before the knee injury. You expect him to turn it around now?

Daewoo_Lanos
02-20-2014, 06:36 PM
Granger's been awful since 11-12. If you actually expect him to turn it around than lol at you. I've watched every games he's played in. He's was done before the knee injury. You expect him to turn it around now?

i just dont like turner's game and he's an awful shooter. worse at his best than granger is at his worst.

he also likes to chuck. don't like the fit for the pacers.

saintHoop
02-20-2014, 06:37 PM
Good exchange.

Indy2thaWindy
02-20-2014, 06:43 PM
i just dont like turner's game and he's an awful shooter. worse at his best than granger is at his worst.

Turner takes less than 16 shots per36 on one of the worst teams in the league. Granger takes over 12 per36 on one of the best in a limited role. Granger is the chucker. You should probably just stop because you literally don't have a clue what you are talking about. I don't think Turner is good, but to think the Pacers actually got worse? Stop watching basketball brah.

Daewoo_Lanos
02-20-2014, 06:51 PM
Turner takes less than 16 shots per36 on one of the worst teams in the league. Granger takes over 12 per36 on one of the best in a limited role. Granger is the chucker. You should probably just stop because you literally don't have a clue what you are talking about. I don't think Turner is good, but to think the Pacers actually got worse? Stop watching basketball brah.

as usual... i or something else will bump my wizardry. dont worry

BullBoy8
02-20-2014, 07:03 PM
Pacers are winning the East because of Turner and Bynum according to most people. When people list THOSE 2 players as for why the Pacers will win, you know they wont. Ill bump this too in case Daewoo forgets. Heat would absolutely dominate the Pacers. Would beat them in 5 games. Maybe 6 at most. And that is if the Pacers even get to the ECFs.

Funny thing is, this Pacers team isnt better than any of the Bulls team the last 2 years with Rose, yet people said the Bulls couldnt beat the Heat. I wonder why people are so confident the Pacers will win.

kengriffeyjr
02-20-2014, 08:03 PM
^that.

lol @ people thinking pacers are "elite". poverty team.

02-20-2014, 08:34 PM
Pacers are winning the East because of Turner and Bynum according to most people. When people list THOSE 2 players as for why the Pacers will win, you know they wont. Ill bump this too in case Daewoo forgets. Heat would absolutely dominate the Pacers. Would beat them in 5 games. Maybe 6 at most. And that is if the Pacers even get to the ECFs.

Funny thing is, this Pacers team isnt better than any of the Bulls team the last 2 years with Rose, yet people said the Bulls couldnt beat the Heat. I wonder why people are so confident the Pacers will win.

Not a bad comparison. Offensively they've been inconsistent at best, but you gotta give that defense credit. George honestly hasn't lived up to the hype he had coming into the season, and the way Miami's gonna win the ECF this year is by giving the birdman sufficient time. Oden should be able to put in 10 good minutes per game too. Other than that it just comes down to Miami hitting 3s.

IH8RICE
02-20-2014, 08:41 PM
CJ Watson
Lance Stephenson
Evan Turner
Luis Scola
Andrew Bynum

is a pretty legit bench if Bynum actually plays hard.

We all know this won't happen because Bynum could give two ****s about winning a championship since he already won two. I personally still don't think he is in basketball shape and would look like straight **** once they're deep in their seven game series with Miami. They sure do look like they're slipping a little bit right now while Miami looks like they're starting to really get moving. I guess we will see

niknguyen
02-20-2014, 08:43 PM
Not a bad comparison. Offensively they've been inconsistent at best, but you gotta give that defense credit. George honestly hasn't lived up to the hype he had coming into the season, and the way Miami's gonna win the ECF this year is by giving the birdman sufficient time. Oden should be able to put in 10 good minutes per game too. Other than that it just comes down to Miami hitting 3s.

i dont think they will have much success with the 3 vs. indy. you attack hibbert. he will get called for fouls because that phaggot doesn't go straight up like people think he does. LBJ will just shut down PG, not like he has to cause PG has regressed a ridiculous amount. they have no more offense or a chance to win unless stephenson goes off every single game.

srom12
02-20-2014, 10:06 PM
Danny granger gonna be bake in philly

zsr
02-20-2014, 10:21 PM
Lulz at Indiana homers wanting to like this move so much. Why? He isn't going to have any impact on the Miami series, for fuks sake if he's playing major minutes in the ECF they already have no chance. Same with Bynum(unless he magically reverts back to Lakers form)

His offensive numbers are obviously heavily inflated due to the insane pace Philly plays at. His PER is terrible. He's not a good defender.

They already have so far the best team in the East why do Indiana fans want to argue over this below average player lol. Wtf.

FourtyEight48
02-20-2014, 10:36 PM

LOL @ Bulls.

That team was terrible. Only good during Regular season. Put Bronny on ROSE and they L.

---

Evan Turner is a great rebounder just like Lance Stephenson.

He is a good pickup IMO.

But I don't think he will bring INDY over the top.

PG isn't consistent and isn't near his prime. He has a lot of work to do.

Only way I see INDY winning is if Hibbert kills MIAMI in the paint again along with BYNUM and WEST. PG will have his games along with LANCE but I don't see it being consistent.

Mavs defense played better than CHI defense that year. Sick of the people overrating DROSE.

zsr
02-20-2014, 10:49 PM
Lol wut ^

Lmao at that bulls team was terrible. That's enough Jerry. Best team in the league that year. Rose was terrible that entire series, them putting Lebron on him for 5 mins at the end of every game changed nothing, it was them constantly running a big at him at the end of games that bothered him.

FourtyEight48
02-20-2014, 10:59 PM
Lol wut ^

Lmao at that bulls team was terrible. That's enough Jerry. Best team in the league that year. Rose was terrible that entire series, them putting Lebron on him for 5 mins at the end of every game changed nothing, it was them constantly running a big at him at the end of games that bothered him.

lol please stop. Series was 4-1.

MVP Rose was on lockdown all 5 games.

No reliable offensive weapons at ALL.

zsr
02-20-2014, 11:07 PM
lol please stop. Series was 4-1.

MVP Rose was on lockdown all 5 games.

No reliable offensive weapons at ALL.

Except the Bulls were in every game, with Rose on lockdown all 5 games. That's my fuking point lol you said it was Lebron who shut him down. He played like chit the entire series, Lebron played him the last 5 mins of every game and 90% of the time they ran Haslem at him too because they had no reliable offensive weapons.

Anyway clearly that was not a terrible Bulls team as they could have easily taken Miami to 7 with some of that end of game randomness Miami had vs the Spurs, and that's with no reliable offensive weapons. Plus the best regular season record right? Sounds like a terrible team lulz.

Pls stop lmao

FourtyEight48
02-20-2014, 11:19 PM
Except the Bulls were in every game, with Rose on lockdown all 5 games. That's my fuking point lol you said it was Lebron who shut him down. He played like chit the entire series, Lebron played him the last 5 mins of every game and 90% of the time they ran Haslem at him too because they had no reliable offensive weapons.

Anyway clearly that was not a terrible Bulls team as they could have easily taken Miami to 7 with some of that end of game randomness Miami had vs the Spurs, and that's with no reliable offensive weapons. Plus the best regular season record right? Sounds like a terrible team lulz.

Pls stop lmao

LOL @ scores. A Loss is a Loss. Almost doesn't count. Bulls were trash that whole series. Win first game by 21pts.. and lose 4 straight games LMAOOOOO... no offensive rhythm at all. Team looked dead out there. Rose jackin 30 shots.

LMAO. Bulls were never going to be good. Even if Rose was 100% healthy the past 3 seasons they still would've been eliminated.

and to say that the Bulls that season is better than the Pacers this season. LMAOOOOOO...

LMAOOOOOOO

arya24
02-21-2014, 02:30 AM
LOL @ scores. A Loss is a Loss. Almost doesn't count. Bulls were trash that whole series. Win first game by 21pts.. and lose 4 straight games LMAOOOOO... no offensive rhythm at all. Team looked dead out there. Rose jackin 30 shots.

LMAO. Bulls were never going to be good. Even if Rose was 100% healthy the past 3 seasons they still would've been eliminated.

and to say that the Bulls that season is better than the Pacers this season. LMAOOOOOO...

LMAOOOOOOO

just glanced over ur post... then checked out age...

mindfullof****

srom12
02-21-2014, 02:37 AM
possible that 76ers will buyout granger ----> free agent ------> signs with heat????

rocketfish11
02-21-2014, 02:54 AM
Why do people think Turner is going to Indy to play major minutes?

The stumbling block of Indiana was their bench was pathetic last year.
Their starters can hang with the Heat all day.

I actually think this is a good pick up for Indy because it adds a potential 20 point scorer to the bench to go against other team's second units.

The dude played better then average most of the time being the #1 option/at worst #1b option.

You don't look at this like herp derp Evarn Turnar is best Pacer player.

You look at it like oh Indy just added a legit starting option to their bench to go against 2nd units. Handy. Very handy.

TooOld4thisSHIT
02-21-2014, 04:00 AM
I love Danny. It kills me to see him go. He was my favorite player for a long time and I'll still be a fan of his.

But this trade, no doubt, makes sense. Danny basically is a one trick pony now. A spot up shooter. And he's not even doing that very well. He has mostly just been hanging out around the 3 point line waiting to shoot. We were one game away from the Finals last year and he didn't even play. Our bench has gotten 100x better (even though they are still struggling to score, smh). Our bench squad could probably make the playoffs.

I think our biggest problem is coaching. I love Frank. He changed our culture and got us back on track. But I'm starting to think he is a potato offensively. Stick to D, and let Nate McMillan run the offense. There is no reason why we should have trouble scoring the ball..

Farewell Danny. Thanks for the memories! Lego Pacers!

Xgamer791
02-21-2014, 04:07 AM
I can't wait to see how the Pacers do against the championship Miami Heat. Gonna be a goat series for true.

khanvictt
02-21-2014, 04:09 AM
Why do people think Turner is going to Indy to play major minutes?

The stumbling block of Indiana was their bench was pathetic last year.
Their starters can hang with the Heat all day.

I actually think this is a good pick up for Indy because it adds a potential 20 point scorer to the bench to go against other team's second units.

The dude played better then average most of the time being the #1 option/at worst #1b option.

You don't look at this like herp derp Evarn Turnar is best Pacer player.

You look at it like oh Indy just added a legit starting option to their bench to go against 2nd units. Handy. Very handy.

strong this.

so many fukkin phaggots in this thread its overwhelming. turner is 25 fukkin years old and lance needs to get paid. it was a good move financially. i can't believe you phaggots are calling it a bad move for the pacers when EVERY NBA ANALYST FROM THE TNT CREW TO THE NBA TV CREW BROKE IT DOWN AND SAID IT WAS A STEAL FOR THE PACERS. Turner will provide a good spark off the bench during home games in the playoffs. goddamn you homers make it fukcin unbearable to comment on any aspect of the NBA.

and LOL if you think the 2011 chicago team with a healthy drose was better than this or last year's pacer's teams. doesn't matter if those ECF games with miami were close in score, the point is, it was fukkin 4-1. the first and only time miami bumped into the pacers in the ecf, guess what, it went to game 7. pls go with your nonsense. what was d.rose's fg% when lebron bodied him up? wheres sdboxscore when u need him lmfao. there's no way that bulls team would put up a better fight than this pacers team. they never matched up to miami as good as the pacers do.

and speaking of miami... bullboy saying the heat will beat the pacers in 5, at most 6 games? how fkn potato are u phaggots lmfao yes mad. they didn't even have scola last year lmao woowww im done. i should just stick to realgm. so many fukkin retards here

Jaccogo
02-21-2014, 06:07 AM
big upgrade, turner plays defense and you can rely on turner to shoot the ball and not always miss

If you don't think that turner plays defense then you're not paying attention at all, this guy would be starting on most teams.

Jaccogo
02-21-2014, 06:09 AM
possible that 76ers will buyout granger ----> free agent ------> signs with heat????
no, granger isn't a souless traitor like ledik and gay allen

BroHusky
02-21-2014, 06:35 AM
Evan Turner blows...on any team someone is bound to put up them numbers. Dudes garbage.

denny2008
02-21-2014, 06:49 AM
I'm phucking lawling at all the homers for both the Pacers and Heat who think ET is a saviour or that he is somehow a downgrade from Granger. Seriously? The guy will provide a slight scoring punch off the bench at best. He won't be able to do 17 a game. And seriously? Some of you think the Pacers got worse? They traded away a spot up shooter with no knees.

thebestrbevr21
02-21-2014, 11:15 PM
I watch and/or follow every sixers game and I would like to join the group who shall bump this thread when Pacers fans are complaining about turner come playoffs.

The deal with evan turner is that his best role on a championship contending team is as a 6th man off the bench who is given free reign to have the ball in his hands and run the offense for 15-20 min a game to create a spark.

He is not a very good defender, not only because he is often seen arguing with referees after his failed drives to the basket (while his man streaks down the court unguarded), but also because although he is 6'7, he is a limited athlete and not explosive at all.

He is an above average ball handler and isn't terrible at creating his own shot but he has this delusion that he is one of the top perimeter players in the league (he has said so in multiple interviews) and will often resort to hero ball, not really looking to run an offense but just to throw up a shot by any means necessary. It's really not that hard to watch him receive the ball and instantly know by his body language that hes going to attempt a shot no matter what situation arises from the defense.

He cannot make threes (28% this season) off the dribble or in the catch and shoot. and even has lost his corner 3 which happened to be the only positive about his game that some philly fans could get excited about last year.

If he was somehow able to accept his role as a spark off the bench I could certainly see him being a productive 6th man but from watching him play for 3 and 1/2 + seasons I highly doubt that will happen.

Also the point of him being young and possibly improving his game/shot, well good luck but we fans in philly have been waiting for that since he was drafted and he has made very little, if any progress so far. In my opinion, if you cant improve (even just slight steady improvement) after 4 years of access to the top training facilities of the profession then I wouldn't count on some magical breakthrough in the future.

BullBoy8
03-19-2014, 08:55 PM

plays better d

He makes them better

pacers are stacked as fuk

Turner is not bad on D, and he certainly isn't worse than Granger. he has also been significantly more efficient than DG this season.

Lol how do you figure? Granger did nothing for the Pacers (Granger isn't anything close to how he was pre-injury). Turner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Granger

17/6/4 and he won't improve Pacers offense? Lol'd.

The pacers are the Seahawks. They will always give up 90 but they only need 91+

From someone who actually watches the nba(and not just espn & TNT games), Turner really isn't bad at all. Pacers improve with him on offense and defense.

big upgrade, turner plays defense and you can rely on turner to shoot the ball and not always miss

If you don't think that turner plays defense then you're not paying attention at all, this guy would be starting on most teams.

So where is this D everyone was talking about Evan Turner playing? Still waiting to see that good D, and the scoring punch he and Bynum will be bringing from the bench to lead the Pacers to the finals.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/66852/evan-turner-hurting-indiana-pacers-defense

BullBoy8
04-19-2014, 05:47 PM
Bump for Evan Turners amazing defense

FGCHENG
04-19-2014, 05:58 PM
Eating my words hard. Had no idea the Evan Turner trade would literally kill the Pacers.

Daewoo_Lanos
04-19-2014, 06:38 PM
This

11-12 ppg. Tops.

you'll see. will bump

as usual... i or something else will bump my wizardry. dont worry

bump

jross2021
04-19-2014, 06:43 PM
Jgawd
Gonna
Jgawd

jross2021
04-19-2014, 06:44 PM
yes, he hasn't gotten much of a chance though. Granger is also a better defender (than Turner at least). I'm laughing hard at the guy that said Turner isn't bad on D. I really don't see how Turner fits in Indy. Indy plays a relatively slow pace while Turner thrives in fast paced games. We saw what happened last night when Minnesota controlled the pace.. a lot of indy's possessions were quick turnovers.

Exposed as goat bball knowledge