PDA

View Full Version : Creatine pre or post?

SlappinPitches
02-18-2014, 11:27 AM
Always have taken my 5 grams with my protein shake post workout but i've always been curious of taking it with my preworkout. What do you brahs do/ recommend?

AMeyer9
02-18-2014, 11:29 AM
It really doesn't matter, creatine is saturation-based. If you want you can take it pre or pre and post but it won't really make a difference.

SlappinPitches
02-18-2014, 11:32 AM
It really doesn't matter, creatine is saturation-based. If you want you can take it pre or pre and post but it won't really make a difference.
Alrighty cool. I've always just taken it post since it was the most convenient

mentalist72
02-18-2014, 12:45 PM
Take it whenever it's most convenient. I usually take it post workout because I can just dump it in my protein shake.

LinzKaye
02-18-2014, 12:49 PM
For regular creatines take it whenever with whatever on training days.

Kizewic
02-18-2014, 01:26 PM
Pre, post, intra, before bed, when you wake up, while sitting on the toilet doesn't really matter! Just get that 5 grams a day and your muscles will thank you with those extra reps and GAINZ

StriveForGold
02-18-2014, 01:30 PM
I take creatine at various times each day and have never noticed even a slight difference.

SlappinPitches
02-18-2014, 01:56 PM
Take it whenever it's most convenient. I usually take it post workout because I can just dump it in my protein shake.

For regular creatines take it whenever with whatever on training days.

Pre, post, intra, before bed, when you wake up, while sitting on the toilet doesn't really matter! Just get that 5 grams a day and your muscles will thank you with those extra reps and GAINZ

I take creatine at various times each day and have never noticed even a slight difference.
Appreciate it everyone. Ill continue to dump it in my post protein shake just cause thats whats been convenient for me

JoocyDrake
02-19-2014, 08:21 PM
I usually take mine before bed. I have heard that it is less effective when taken with caffeine but that could be total broscience.

SlappinPitches
02-19-2014, 08:24 PM
I usually take mine before bed. I have heard that it is less effective when taken with caffeine but that could be total broscience.
negged

JohnSmeton
02-19-2014, 09:38 PM
either or, I like to take mine post with the large insulin spike, where aminos and everything else including creatine get into the glycogen stores more than usual, at least thats the theory , i think

eclipze926
02-19-2014, 10:04 PM
Timing is irrelevant to creatine. 5g every day for a month followed by 3g every other day to maintain saturation is your best bet. Good Luck!

SlappinPitches
02-20-2014, 08:44 AM
either or, I like to take mine post with the large insulin spike, where aminos and everything else including creatine get into the glycogen stores more than usual, at least thats the theory , i think
Same here.Goes down easily in my post protein shake

Timing is irrelevant to creatine. 5g every day for a month followed by 3g every other day to maintain saturation is your best bet. Good Luck!
Yeah man! Just trying to see what everyone else does, thanks for response