PDA

View Full Version : Why arent teams fighting over Vick?

TTexasTT
02-17-2014, 11:41 PM
The guy has atleast 3 good years left in him and is by far the best option available. He could start and make a huge difference right away.
He seems to have gotten his **** together and I was pretty impressed the way he stuck his head out for Cooper and the way he has handled other things. The Eagles fuking up big time by buying into Foles being worth a damn, but its happening. I think he would be a real nice fit for the Redskins. Hell, Atlanta should cut that phaggy time Matt Ryan and bring back Vick.

Anyway, how do you guys see this playing out?
http://cdn.phillymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/0V3J8540.jpg

repos
02-17-2014, 11:47 PM
ummm because he sucks and can't read the field worth a damn. The reason the dude is constantly getting sacked is because he's not in the film room deciphering coverages. If a team picks Vick up, and their intent is to start him and not have him as a second option... You know for a fact the team is actively trying to be mediocre for the season.

kyleTX
02-17-2014, 11:50 PM
assuming houston doesn't draft manziel, i would proudly welcome vick to the texans with open arms and i'm not even black

02-17-2014, 11:52 PM
i wonder how much money he wants.. due to his history of always being fckin injured im assuming teams aren't going to sign him for what he's asking.

tommydec02
02-18-2014, 12:01 AM
hes always injured as well

PureCardio
02-18-2014, 12:04 AM
i wonder how much money he wants..

more like how much his jew agent wants

ragealot
02-18-2014, 12:07 AM
Might have something to do with his ribs cracking easier than a pigs after it's been cooked for a couple of hours.

bigcc
02-18-2014, 12:08 AM
who said teams aren't lining up? Teams can't contact other teams FA's yet.

Swept
02-18-2014, 12:09 AM
He's fragile and inconsistent

ShweezyBTFO
02-18-2014, 12:19 AM
assuming houston doesn't draft manziel, i would proudly welcome vick to the texans with open arms and i'm not even black

sooooooooooooooooooooo you gonna keep ducking future or are you gonna keep calling me a ******? or both?

WideFajita
02-18-2014, 05:25 AM
Would glady have the Jets take a chance on him

Phil9
02-18-2014, 06:44 AM
Let's see:

1. Has a history of injuries.

2. Best known for his athletic ability but is getting too old to pull off the stuff he used to do along with the injuries.

3. Can't read the field all that well.

4. May end up asking for more than he could ever be worth.

5. Hasn't played more than 13 games in a season since his last season with Atlanta.

6. Has never been overly successful in the postseason.

drvillain
02-18-2014, 08:18 AM
I know it wont happen, but I would love to see him with the Jags. I would like to see how relevant he could make them.

samir316
02-18-2014, 08:27 AM
A prime example of why athleticism alone isn't enough to be elite in the NFL. Ask yourself who you'd rather have on your team: Ryan Tannehill or Michael Vick. Scary that you have to really think about it.

kethnaab
02-18-2014, 09:33 AM
why would teams "fight" over vick?

Why would any team "fight" over a career underachiever who still hasn't learned to be a QB? He's the most physically gifted player I've seen, and yet he reads a defense like it's written in Arabic.

Shame. Incredible runner, turbo-cannon for an arm, $0.02 football mind

he's darn fun to watch though

Gerald151
02-18-2014, 10:22 AM
Jemile Hill believes its because the NFL is on a secret mission to remove all the African-Americans from their league.

CagedLion012
02-18-2014, 10:25 AM
Bc he's getting old, breaks like a jenga puzzle, and doesn't know when to throw the ball so he runs and gets assblasted brah duuuuh

KryptonKnight
02-18-2014, 10:34 AM
Jemile Hill believes its because the NFL is on a secret mission to remove all the African-Americans from their league.

Most asinine thing I've heard all year.

why would teams "fight" over vick?

Why would any team "fight" over a career underachiever who still hasn't learned to be a QB? He's the most physically gifted player I've seen, and yet he reads a defense like it's written in Arabic.

Shame. Incredible runner, turbo-cannon for an arm, $0.02 football mind

he's darn fun to watch though

^Sadly this.

A prime example of why athleticism alone isn't enough to be elite in the NFL. Ask yourself who you'd rather have on your team: Ryan Tannehill or Michael Vick. Scary that you have to really think about it.

Not really. Take Vick over Tannehill any day, and it's a no-brainer. Vick is/was the most physically gifted athlete to play the QB position. Yes, he has suffered a lot of injuries because of his playstyle; no, he can't read a defense worth a damn and makes poor decisions with the football too often, but as seen in games last year, he still has "it" (or at least some of it). Tannehill was overdrafted and isn't elite at anything: size, speed, arm strength, accuracy, mobility, nothing. Phins need a lot of work and Tannehill is not the guy.

I hope the Bucs give him a shot. Glennnon is poverty and Vick is much more exciting to watch. Brb having Michael Vick and Doug Martin in the backfield. That chit would be nasty, no pun intended. VJax, Vick, Martin, and Wright. Draft Watkins @ 7, and Boyd in a later round and we're in business.

Godyssey
02-18-2014, 10:48 AM
Hell, Atlanta should cut that phaggy time Matt Ryan and bring back Vick.

Atlantas quarterback is better than your teams quarterback. stop it.

Forumite
02-18-2014, 10:52 AM
sooooooooooooooooooooo you gonna keep ducking future or are you gonna keep calling me a ******? or both?

lol what this tool get banned for those time?

Seriously why can't he get a perma already?

FMCMuscle
02-18-2014, 10:55 AM
Vick will end his career with more playoff wins than Romo

TTexasTT
02-18-2014, 11:27 AM
Atlantas quarterback is better than your teams quarterback. stop it.

that will be your little secret.

Onita
02-18-2014, 11:32 AM

^Sadly this.

Not really. Take Vick over Tannehill any day, and it's a no-brainer. Vick is/was the most physically gifted athlete to play the QB position. Yes, he has suffered a lot of injuries because of his playstyle; no, he can't read a defense worth a damn and makes poor decisions with the football too often, but as seen in games last year, he still has "it" (or at least some of it). Tannehill was overdrafted and isn't elite at anything: size, speed, arm strength, accuracy, mobility, nothing. Phins need a lot of work and Tannehill is not the guy.

I hope the Bucs give him a shot. Glennnon is poverty and Vick is much more exciting to watch. Brb having Michael Vick and Doug Martin in the backfield. That chit would be nasty, no pun intended. VJax, Vick, Martin, and Wright. Draft Watkins @ 7, and Boyd in a later round and we're in business.

Well you wouldn't be a very good GM.

KryptonKnight
02-18-2014, 11:58 AM
Well you wouldn't be a very good GM.

Which is probably why I'm not?

**Cleveland Sports**

Well you wouldn't be a very good anything.

Gerald151
02-18-2014, 12:20 PM

It's early, brah. Keep Miscing.

muscularinferno
02-18-2014, 12:26 PM
Hes played one full season in his career and hes at the very end of his career hes not worth anything besides a backup job. Go jerkoff with your tears to the cowboys elsewhere phaggot you dont sh!t bout football

Circaflex
02-18-2014, 01:02 PM
because he cant stay on the field, hes always getting hurt. sure when hes in he puts up great numbers/stats but it seems every other week its a hamstring/leg injury or something with his ribs.

Dave P
02-18-2014, 01:17 PM
Injury prone.

Low football IQ.

Only has maybe 2-3 seasons left so cant build around him...would have to be a team that has all the other pieces together, just needs a plug n play QB.

Not really a "pro's pro" meaning, he probably wont be a good mentor for a rookie.

There really is only like 2 or 3 teams in the NFL that would even consider it and even then why would anyone want to take the risk.

berkey
02-18-2014, 01:25 PM
Why? Cuz he gets hurt more than a teenage girls feelings.

Psullivan1990
02-18-2014, 01:27 PM
The guy has atleast 3 good years left in him and is by far the best option available. He could start and make a huge difference right away.
He seems to have gotten his **** together and I was pretty impressed the way he stuck his head out for Cooper and the way he has handled other things. The Eagles fuking up big time by buying into Foles being worth a damn, but its happening. I think he would be a real nice fit for the Redskins. Hell, Atlanta should cut that phaggy time Matt Ryan and bring back Vick.

Anyway, how do you guys see this playing out?
http://cdn.phillymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/0V3J8540.jpg

How is it a bad decision for the eagles to invest in foles?? No you're right let's give Vick a 50 million dollar contract for his remaining years which are injury prone as all hell

samir316
02-18-2014, 01:27 PM

^Sadly this.

Ok brah, I'll take Tannehill. Already more defense-literate than Vick and younger with more of a future. PS - get your 2nd stringer ready in case of injury.

Onita
02-18-2014, 01:48 PM

That was wonderful.

Forumite
02-18-2014, 03:09 PM

You would think you would just go away after your Bucs thread.

Zylantypic
02-18-2014, 03:22 PM
Most of the serious replies to your question have already been answered, but I'll add this. He's going to shock a lot of people next year if he can string together a couple of injury free weeks here and there. Since injuries are his biggest negative, that sounds like a lot to ask. But nonetheless, the guy can still play quarterback in the NFL.

KryptonKnight
02-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Ok brah, I'll take Tannehill. Already more defense-literate than Vick and younger with more of a future. PS - get your 2nd stringer ready in case of injury.

To each his own man. Tannehill is better than say, Jake Locker, but I didn't see flashes of anything above average last year. In his defense, the O-line was God-awful, the backs were mediocre, and the receiving corps was a joke. Will make an effort to watch moar Phins games this year though.

That was wonderful.

As was your original contribution to the thread. Oh wait...

Most of the serious replies to your question have already been answered, but I'll add this. He's going to shock a lot of people next year if he can string together a couple of injury free weeks here and there. Since injuries are his biggest negative, that sounds like a lot to ask. But nonetheless, the guy can still play quarterback in the NFL.

Not asking too much behind a good line in the right system.

I'll say it again, love for Vick to come to Tampa. Line will be better this year (certainly better than Philly's), which should keep him healthy(ish); pairing him with James and Martin will give us the best rushing attack in the league (srs); you already have a game manager in Glennon in case (when) he goes down; and it allows us to use our 1st round pick on something other than QB (unless somebody falls).

Onita
02-18-2014, 05:19 PM
To each his own man. Tannehill is better than say, Jake Locker, but I didn't see flashes of anything above average last year. In his defense, the O-line was God-awful, the backs were mediocre, and the receiving corps was a joke. Will make an effort to watch moar Phins games this year though.

I'll say it again, love for Vick to come to Tampa. Line will be better this year (certainly better than Philly's), which should keep him healthy(ish); pairing him with James and Martin will give us the best rushing attack in the league (srs); you already have a game manager in Glennon in case (when) he goes down; and it allows us to use our 1st round pick on something other than QB (unless somebody falls).

Vick over Tannehill lol

reverse79
02-18-2014, 05:22 PM

Tampa is 110% drafting a QB

Glennon = Schiano's guy = no thanks Jeff

OutWorkedByNo1
02-18-2014, 05:41 PM

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/11/trcz.jpg (*****://imageshack.com/i/0btrczj)

Mafiafolife77
02-18-2014, 07:04 PM

Winning > being "exciting"

Your dislike for Glennon is well documented among Bucs fans, but there's absolutely no way you could argue that Vick gives us a better chance to win than Glennon. I also don't see how you can deny Glennon another year AT LEAST as our starting QB given how well he performed under absolutely miserable circumstances this past season.

No way in hell I'd take Vick. Luckily, neither will our coaching staff since they don't run a gimmick offense and don't want a washed up gimmick QB like Vick.

Liff_Wates
02-18-2014, 07:05 PM
Dallas should probably take a look at him. They need someone to replace that dud Romo.

Dave P
02-18-2014, 07:06 PM

Your dislike for Glennon is well documented among Bucs fans, but there's absolutely no way you could argue that Vick gives us a better chance to win than Glennon. I also don't see how you can deny Glennon another year AT LEAST as our starting QB given how well he performed under absolutely miserable circumstances this past season.

No way in hell I'd take Vick. Luckily, neither will our coaching staff since they don't run a gimmick offense and don't want a washed up gimmick QB like Vick.

You don't have a shot at a championship or making the playoffs with Vick.

Getting him will just stunt your teams growth, Glennon(or rookie draftee)'s development, hurt their draft picks, and overall just waste 2-3 years of your franchises life.

Having a legitimate shot/properly developing > Better Record aka "Winning" > Exciting

Shrugs4Life
02-18-2014, 08:00 PM
QBs who Vick is better than for sure, no debate.

RG3kneesurgeries
Dalton lol
Matty Choke (vick back in that falcons red is hnnnng)
Foles
Romo
Kaep in a clean pocket
Alex Smith

TTexasTT
02-18-2014, 08:05 PM

RG3kneesurgeries
Dalton lol
Foles
Romo
Kaep in a clean pocket
Alex Smith

yes those are all great available QBs, indeed

sdballer5588
02-18-2014, 08:06 PM
They're fighting like dogs OP

FMCMuscle
02-18-2014, 08:06 PM

RG3kneesurgeries
Dalton lol
Foles
Romo
Kaep in a clean pocket
Alex Smith

You big idiot. Lol @ location.

Shrugs4Life
02-18-2014, 08:21 PM
You big idiot. Lol @ location.

Vick would have ran Shanahan's offense way better than BobbyGee did last year for sure, would break some of those keepers on the read option for sure. Plus Vick has street cred with the other nigqas in the league, unlike that pussy BobbyGee.

FMCMuscle
02-18-2014, 08:29 PM
Vick would have ran Shanahan's offense way better than BobbyGee did last year for sure, would break some of those keepers on the read option for sure. Plus Vick has street cred with the other nigqas in the league, unlike that pussy BobbyGee.

Vick wasn't 8 months off of surgery and no preseason you tard. Vick wouldn't have lasted the year, RG took a beating and always got up.

I literally laugh reading your comments, you fat retard.

HumptyBrah
02-18-2014, 08:53 PM
I'd take Vick on the Niners just for some veteran depth.

in b4 "Well who would be your starter" jokes.
in b4 "Those aren't jokes"

Stop it

muscularinferno
02-18-2014, 09:16 PM

RG3kneesurgeries
Dalton lol
Foles
Romo
Kaep in a clean pocket
Alex Smith

Please be trolling

AgRyan
02-18-2014, 09:25 PM
I think he's just a top tier backup at this point. Perfect person to fill in for a few games if the starter is injured for a bit, but obviously not going to take any team anywhere on his back. (even if he was on a stacked team like SF/SEA/DEN)

WRXbrah
02-18-2014, 09:31 PM
Raiders should pick him up while fixing the rest of the team. In 3 years when they can get a real QB, they'll be a playoff team.

KryptonKnight
02-18-2014, 09:41 PM

RG3kneesurgeries
Dalton lol
Foles
Romo
Kaep in a clean pocket
Alex Smith

That's funny. Vick is not better than Kaep. Maybe Smith. Not Romo or Griffin when healthy, and obviously not Foles.

Hehehe. I see what you did there.

Vick wasn't 8 months off of surgery and no preseason you tard. Vick wouldn't have lasted the year, RG took a beating and always got up.

^This. Misc provides the lulz.

Raiders should pick him up while fixing the rest of the team. In 3 years when they can get a real QB, they'll be a playoff team.

Lulz. The Raiders ain't making the playoffs, let alone finishing above 4th in their division, any time soon.

KryptonKnight
02-18-2014, 10:24 PM
Tampa is 110% drafting a QB

Glennon = Schiano's guy = no thanks Jeff

Let's hope so. Could always take Watkins if available and draft a QB later, especially if you sign Vick in FA. Seems like a win-win-win to me.

Glennon did not win games nor was he exciting. The Bucs did not win games, nor were they exciting. If they are going to lose, they might as well do it with some style.

1) I can argue that Vick has more experience, mobility, and can bring things to the offense that Glennon never could/will. Glennon isn't keeping any defensive coordinators up at night; Vick, in the right system, could.
2) If the Bucs take Bortles, Manziel, or Bridgewater in the 1st, he's starting. If they sign Vick, Vick will beat out Glennon in training camp. Glennon is a good #2, he's not a franchise guy.
3) I'm not a Glennon nutrider like some people in Tampa are. If I think another guy gives us a better shot, I'm all for it. No reason to let the team rot under the festering play of future career backup just.

IMO QBs should win starting jobs on playmaking and game-winning potential, not because they were drafted by Schiano and dropped into a chit situation.

Not a Michael Vick fan by any means (never was), but if the Bucs can sign a veteran QB who's better IMO than the sophomore we have to a reasonable deal without.

Don't hate the kid, I honestly wish him well, just on another team. I usually seem to agree with you Mafia, but on Glennon I guess we're split. I see you on the other thread.

U aware of the little information we have from the coaches? It's not a gimmick offense. We're going back to playing smashmouth football. It's gonna be a run first offense with big plays in the passing game. Sounds reminiscent of Sully's offense from '12, except the playcalling should be less idiotic. I for one honestly believe Vick could excel in that offense with just a little O-line upgrading.

You don't have a shot at a championship or making the playoffs with Vick.

Brb haven't made the playoffs since 2007 and haven't gone deep since 2002. In all honesty, the Bucs probably don't have a championship shot this decade. Bucs have absolutely nothing to lose by taking a cheap shot on Vick (no pun intended).

[QUOTE=Dave P;1208255861]Getting him will just stunt your teams growth, Glennon(or rookie draftee)'s development, hurt their draft picks, and overall just waste 2-3 years of your franchises life.

The team isn't growing, it's rotting, and that's pissing off the fanbase. Glennon is a relic of the old regime, with any luck he won't even be on the team. A rookie draftee could learn a great deal from Vick, especially if they're a more mobile quarteback. Already said they should sign him to a cheap deal. If he balls, great. If he can't play, no fuks given.

Not sure what signing Vick as a free agent has to do with draft picks.

Having a legitimate shot/properly developing > Better Record aka "Winning" > Exciting

Wrong. Winning >>>>>>>>>>> all. In the absence of that, I might as well be entertained while I watch them lose. "Having a legitimate shot/properly developing" doesn't mean chit if you don't win.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/7f/7f1ae5fc4b49c8412bb6f8f90888ce962bb8a257dc64e6bdb8 d76fea211add64.jpg

ElMariachi
02-18-2014, 10:30 PM
He's either injured or turning the ball over, that's why.

OutWorkedByNo1
02-18-2014, 10:31 PM
^lol @ saying Vick in the right system can keep defensive coordinators up at night.

last year was the perfect system for him and he failed.

he's injury prone, has a low football IQ, holds the ball too long and doesnt make the right decisions.

KryptonKnight
02-18-2014, 11:16 PM
^lol @ saying Vick in the right system can keep defensive coordinators up at night.

That was obviously not the right offense. Chip's scheme only worked for a couple of weeks, then defenses made adjustments and the offense stalled. Then Vick goes down and Foles took over, but the scheme was different.

I don't want Vick to come to Tampa and run some poorly-designed, pooryl-executed copycat version of what Kelly did in Philly. We have an offensive identity in mind, the question is can Vick execute in the system at hand? Can he hand the ball off to Doug Martin/Mike James/Bobby Rainey, early and often? Yes. Can he throw intermediate passes at good pass catching backs and big receiving targets? Yes. Can he hit big-bodied receivers on the occasional deep pass? Yes. Can he use his legs, not to run around and take unnecessary shots, but to evade defenders long enough to find a receiver downfield? Probably.

From what I saw in glimpses last year, Vick can still make plays with his arm. He might be a little wobbly, but then again so are Glennon and Freeman. And with Schiano gone this is automatically the best head coach we've had since 2008. Obviously not up to me, but I see multiple benefits of acquiring Vick in FA.

Shrugs4Life
02-19-2014, 06:14 AM

Coming from a tiny little midget like yourself, I was bigger than you when I was 12.

All trolling aside for a second, RG3 sucked last year because he can't read the field from within the pocket. The Redskins base pass playing was the zone read out of the pistol, and having the slot run a quick post which RG3 would just dump it off to, because the mike wouldn't have reached his drop because he's gotta respect the run portion of the play. That play isn't there when you get down early like the Skins did this year because no on respects the run, so they'll play 50-50 on the edge and just give you the dive portion.

Rg3 is a mental midget from within the pocket, he made that Oline look way worse than they were because he has no concept of where they line is setting to, and simply getting the ball away quickly.

100% vick would have ran that offense better this year.

ShadowBarkley
02-19-2014, 06:19 AM
If hes cheap, id let him play and develop a QB.

kengriffeyjr
02-19-2014, 07:05 AM

he's injury prone, has a low football IQ, holds the ball too long and doesnt make the right decisions.

pretty unfair thing to say considering Vick actually played well last season, offense was top in league under vick. They had bad losses vs the chiefs/broncos early in the season (team losses), which was expected considering those teams were hot & playoff bound, and eagles were still testing the waters. Defense did the Eagles no favor during that period too.

Jayfence
02-19-2014, 07:12 AM
Because he isn't that good. Turns the ball over too much and has paper mache ribs

thisisian
02-19-2014, 07:18 AM
That's funny. Vick is not better than Kaep. Maybe Smith. Not Romo or Griffin when healthy, and obviously not Foles.Vick is the exact same as RG3, pretty sure they are the same person.

reverse79
02-19-2014, 08:05 AM
Vick is the exact same as RG3, pretty sure they are the same person.

no sir

Vick has a cannon for an arm

Onita
02-19-2014, 08:42 AM
pretty unfair thing to say considering Vick actually played well last season, offense was top in league under vick. They had bad losses vs the chiefs/broncos early in the season (team losses), which was expected considering those teams were hot & playoff bound, and eagles were still testing the waters. Defense did the Eagles no favor during that period too.

2-4, under 55% completion and too many TO's. Terrible red zone %. Played in 16 games only once. In what world is that playing pretty well.

kengriffeyjr
02-19-2014, 09:27 AM
2-4, under 55% completion and too many TO's. Terrible red zone %. Played in 16 games only once. In what world is that playing pretty well.

http://i59.tinypic.com/fbvl1c.png

as i said, the entire team struggled/looked incompetent vs chiefs/broncos. Both games vs the giants he was hurt very early, rushed recovery when foles was concussed, should have sat at least another wk.