PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Rockets after Rondo

SighGR
02-17-2014, 07:16 PM
Parsons may be in the trade, but he has the same agent as Dwight so I doubt that.

Morey is trying to make this happen. Has his connections in Bos with Ainge as everyone knows.

Don't be surprised if it happens as deadline approaches.

Lakers are looking to possibly get Rondo as well. Seeing if they can get that 2nd pick from a Pau trade to throw in for Rondo.
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=250906

Cyberx is legit.

I really dont see how Rondo puts them over the top, without Parsons. At least Harden wont be able to chuck as much

Ivan7x
02-17-2014, 07:18 PM
Cyberx is legit. And Docrocket seems to back up his claim...

As long as the deal doesnt involve Parsons, Harden, Howard i dont care who goes

nvrstopworking
02-17-2014, 07:19 PM
Parsons may be in the trade, but he has the same agent as Dwight so I doubt that.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=250906

Cyberx is legit.

I really dont see how Rondo puts them over the top, without Parsons. At least Harden wont be able to chuck as much

The best defensive PG in the league? Who's also the best playmaker? Would be a match made in heaven for Harden and D12.

As much as I would hate to see Rondo go to the Lakers I'd be curious to see what he'd do under D'Antoni. With the way that Pringles works with PGs Rondo could be MVP the rest of the way.... or blow out his knee again. lulz.

HotRod23
02-17-2014, 07:20 PM
you post on clutchfans, bro?

SighGR
02-17-2014, 07:21 PM
Cyberx is legit. And Docrocket seems to back up his claim...

As long as the deal doesnt involve Parsons, Harden, Howard i dont care who goes
Plus picks
http://i.imgur.com/cmLl0vN.png

you post on clutchfans, bro?
Nah, I lurk there sometimes. Saw this link on realgm though

Hoop_Dreams
02-17-2014, 07:21 PM
Plus picks
Love this deal for HOU. Maybe get a PF like Bass or Humphries in return though

Trading Parsons? Not so much

HotRod23
02-17-2014, 07:24 PM
Plus picks

Nah, I lurk there sometimes. Saw this link on realgm though

yeah that guy seems legit. he posted about the sacramento boston talks afew hours ago before it was reported

Ivan7x
02-17-2014, 07:24 PM
Plus picks
na i really dont like crashs contract but if it means keeping parsons...

would rather have a rondo/bass or rondo/humphries

Shortstop36
02-17-2014, 07:25 PM
sick of all these rondo trade rumors for the past 5 years

TaeBoNinja
02-17-2014, 07:25 PM
My sources say he's 80% going to the Lakers

MrGameAndWatch
02-17-2014, 07:26 PM
rondo + howard and harden would be crazy. Rondo would average 15 assists a game. That said, Id like to keep him in green

mlift11
02-17-2014, 07:29 PM
I would be phucking pissed if we lost rondo... But getting asik/jones/parsons would be a damn good replacement
Avery
Parsons
Green
Sully
Embiid

Lets get #18 boys

sdballer5588
02-17-2014, 07:31 PM
: ( it hurts to say that the Rockets would instantly be the best/2nd best in the west w that trade. Rondo would make Dwight Howard a god.

rondo is that piece that turns a contender in a favorite.

Vitamin0
02-17-2014, 07:35 PM
I want at least 2 high first rounders for Rondo

USAviator
02-17-2014, 07:35 PM
These are rumors, of course, but honestly if Parsons gets traded I stop being a fan.

Ivan7x
02-17-2014, 07:36 PM
: ( it hurts to say that the Rockets would instantly be the best/2nd best in the west w that trade. Rondo would make Dwight Howard a god.

rondo is that piece that turns a contender in a favorite.besides his play making abilities i love rondos defense

would be a HUGE help against the clips/thunder

danny ainge plz

sdballer5588
02-17-2014, 07:37 PM
besides his play making abilities i love rondos defense

would be a HUGE help against the clips/thunder

danny ainge plz

He better take every pick you own for the next 10 years.

Ivan7x
02-17-2014, 07:38 PM
He better take every pick you own for the next 10 years.as long as hbb parsons stays he can have all the picks he wants SRS

SighGR
02-17-2014, 07:40 PM
I want at least 2 high first rounders for Rondo
Not going to happen. Rondo isn't signing anywhere that will give them high picks.

Sacramento offered Isaiah, Mclemore, and 2 picks, and it failed because Rondo wouldn't sign an extension.

mlift11
02-17-2014, 07:40 PM
He better take every pick you own for the next 10 years.
Would it be good for us tho? I don't really wanna give up rondo at all... Even if we get 5 first rounders, chances are that none of them have the potential to be a top 10 player like rondo... And I feel like its hard to win without a top 10 player.

sdballer5588
02-17-2014, 07:41 PM
Not going to happen. Rondo isn't signing anywhere that will give them high picks.

Sacramento offered Isaiah, Mclemore, and 2 picks, and it failed because Rondo wouldn't sign an extension.

Rondo will only stay somewhere that is a contender, contenders will need to give up huge amounts of later 1st round picks which are obviously worth less.

A 3rd team will probably get involved.

I don't want to lose Rondo, but right now how does he fit in the Celtics rebuild?

SlappinPitches
02-17-2014, 07:45 PM
I like the rockets getting Rondo as long as the deal doesnt involve Chandler Parsons. Guys a fan favorite here in Hou and is a consistent player and well spoken guy.

jkeithc82
02-17-2014, 07:46 PM
But unless rules have changed there is still only one basketball.

scubapro1
02-17-2014, 07:48 PM
If they keep Parsons and possibly received Brandon Bass along w Rondo... Hnnnggghhh

MurkinSeason
02-17-2014, 07:48 PM
Championship status if that trade happened

Ivan7x
02-17-2014, 07:49 PM
But unless rules have changed there is still only one basketball.not sure if sarcasm.....or srs

BullBoy8
02-17-2014, 07:50 PM
Would it be good for us tho? I don't really wanna give up rondo at all... Even if we get 5 first rounders, chances are that none of them have the potential to be a top 10 player like rondo... And I feel like its hard to win without a top 10 player.

Dont think it would matter, in 2015 you can go for a max player type plus legit players, on top of all the draft picks to build around that guy.

Take their picks and then offer Rondo more money than the Rockets and hope they dont up his offer. Draft Jabari this year. Sign love and Deandre Jordan in 2015.

Rondo
Bradley
Jabari
Love
Deandre.

Beast team haha

brb_ballin
02-17-2014, 07:58 PM
still hoping we deal him to Detroit for a big + picks.

honestly don't want anything to do with a trade to Houston... Parson's is nice and all but there is no +++ that interests me.... late 1st rounders? no thanks.

they could get a better package elsewhere. Hope Ainge doesn't fuk us and do it.

mlift11
02-17-2014, 08:06 PM
Rondo will only stay somewhere that is a contender, contenders will need to give up huge amounts of later 1st round picks which are obviously worth less.

A 3rd team will probably get involved.

I don't want to lose Rondo, but right now how does he fit in the Celtics rebuild?
i don't think this rebuilding process is as long as others do. i dont see why we can't contend in 3 years if things go right. rondo, avery, green, sully, and we need to acquire a really good center and another scorer on the wing. rondo could still be prime

Dont think it would matter, in 2015 you can go for a max player type plus legit players, on top of all the draft picks to build around that guy.

Take their picks and then offer Rondo more money than the Rockets and hope they dont up his offer. Draft Jabari this year. Sign love and Deandre Jordan in 2015.

Rondo
Bradley
Jabari
Love
Deandre.

Beast team haha
lol that would be incredible

Twerk4it
02-17-2014, 08:08 PM
Love him and don't want to see him waste away into his 30s on a tanking team but please don't send him to the Lakers.

montecarlo
02-17-2014, 08:10 PM
rockets would actually be bake if they got rondo.

GetBigyo
02-17-2014, 08:19 PM
Rondo is nothing more than an average PG.

If HOU wants an upgrade at the point, then go after someone like Lowry and give up less. There's a reason why every team isn't trying to put together a package for him. I wonder why.

Can you imagine Paul, Westbrook, or a Rose on the block? Teams would lining up left and right and offering the house.. Hell, even a Wall.

Shortstop36
02-17-2014, 08:21 PM

If HOU wants an upgrade at the point, then go after someone like Lowry and give up less. There's a reason why every team isn't trying to put together a package for him. I wonder why.

Can you imagine Paul, Westbrook, or a Rose on the block? Teams would lining up left and right and offering the house.. Hell, even a Wall.

stupid gonna stupid.

Rondo is a pass first point guard, and to be honest wouldn't benefit alot of teams as much as the ones you mentioned. However teams like the rockets would benefit from rondo more.

gswarrior510
02-17-2014, 08:23 PM
lol Harden will still run isos and try to turn Rondo into a spot up shooter. **** harden

rayallenscalves
02-17-2014, 08:24 PM
rockets would actually be bake if they got rondo.

rockets trade: harden, parsons, montejunas, a. brooks
celtics trade: rondo, olynyk, green, bradley

rondo/beverley
lin/bradley
green/casspi
jones/olynyk
howard/asik

gswarrior510
02-17-2014, 08:25 PM
rockets trade: harden, parsons, montejunas, a. brooks
celtics trade: rondo, olynyk, green, bradley

rondo/beverley
lin/bradley
green/casspi
jones/olynyk
howard/asik

lol if you think rockets are trading that fat bearded bum

wickedman
02-17-2014, 08:25 PM

Is the Rose house located in Somalia? Leagues most expensive paper weight.

Twerk4it
02-17-2014, 08:27 PM

Because he doesn't fit every teams needs or they realistically don't have anything worth offering you dumbass

lol at every Rondo hater making themselves look stupid, brb actually thinking Rondo is as valuable as an average PG.

jsmoor09
02-17-2014, 08:33 PM
Rondo would be ideal for the Rockets. But, I think losing Parsons hurts pretty substantially. I'd like to see them get Rondo without giving him up.

But, he helps in so many ways that aren't scoring. And he's gotten better at scoring when he needs to. Should be 3's and dunks for days.

ne12o
02-17-2014, 08:35 PM
so they can sit him on teh bench behind lin? wtf

MurkinSeason
02-17-2014, 08:36 PM

Rondo over Lin easily

Easilyyyy

Phaze2
02-17-2014, 08:38 PM
Not gonna happen, rockets don't have chit to give up for rondo.

brb_ballin
02-17-2014, 08:43 PM

lol yes. huge demand for Rose right now...

and you almost went an entire post without mentioning Wall... almost.

BeforeTheDawn
02-17-2014, 08:50 PM
trade parson if u brahs want parson to be the next white savior he'll produce the same when he gets a max contract then the hate will pour in brah parson not a 1st or 2nd option trade him for melo

nvrstopworking
02-17-2014, 09:04 PM

Wasn't that long ago that Celts fans were wondering the same thing about Pierce.... You never know brah. You bring in one more star (ideally a big) and that's a hell of a duo to build around.

Yeah.... Rondo pretty much = Jameer Nelson or DJ Augustin.... he sucks.

notsrs. Take your idiotic opinions and GTFO.

GetBigyo
02-17-2014, 09:18 PM
Because he doesn't fit every teams needs or they realistically don't have anything worth offering you dumbass

lol at every Rondo hater making themselves look stupid, brb actually thinking Rondo is as valuable as an average PG.
LOL @ "fitting a team's needs".

A team would make room for a superstar PG, which Rondo is not.

lol yes. huge demand for Rose right now...

and you almost went an entire post without mentioning Wall... almost.
Is it 2010?

I haven't posted anything about Wall in years. He's not even one of my top 5 favorite players.

Show me where I said Rondo sucks.

nvrstopworking
02-17-2014, 09:23 PM
Show me where I said Rondo sucks.

The last 3 seasons before this one Rondo avgd better than 11 assists/gm. There's nothing "average" about that at all.

And if you've watched him in the playoffs at all you'd know that he IS without a doubt one of the top PGs in the game.

GetBigyo
02-17-2014, 09:42 PM
The last 3 seasons before this one Rondo avgd better than 11 assists/gm. There's nothing "average" about that at all.

And if you've watched him in the playoffs at all you'd know that he IS without a doubt one of the top PGs in the game.
Cool.

He's also the biggest stat padding PG in the game. Shall we take a look at the Celtics' offensive ranks once the keys were given to Rondo as Boston aged? Rondo can't even carry a team to the playoffs.

nvrstopworking
02-17-2014, 09:45 PM
Cool.

He's also the biggest stat padding PG in the game. Shall we take a look at the Celtics' offensive ranks once the keys were given to Rondo as Boston aged? Rondo can't even carry a team to the playoffs.

CP3 gets lauded for his stats.... yet when Rondo puts them up it's "stat-padding". Sweet double standard.

As for the 2nd bolded point.... you do realize that Rondo's only been back for 10 games and is JUST rounding into form NOW right? Again.... stupid.

darknessmanX
02-17-2014, 10:08 PM
rondo would ruin the team. he's too ball dominant, he needs to get his in the assist column, well the team doesn't need more assists. the ball should go through harden and howard, not rondo. rondo isn't gonna do **** for your team, he can't actually score.

Wasn't that long ago that Celts fans were wondering the same thing about Pierce.... You never know brah. You bring in one more star (ideally a big) and that's a hell of a duo to build around.

rondo is not better than jameer nelson, gtfo.

EuropeanHammer
02-17-2014, 10:31 PM
I actually know cyberx irl, hes a cool dude.

02-17-2014, 10:48 PM
I see how rondo can be valuable as a pure PG, but i personally don't buy into that pure PG concept. If his teammates aren't hitting shots, Rondo may as well be useless(assuming he doesn't catch fire, like he does once in a while) where as a PG like cp360 can pass and shoot. Almost all historically great PGs have been multitalented in the sense that they can score/pass/defend. Rondo's inability to score consistently makes him lose value in my eyes. Harden is a good passer too, he just needs to learn to buy into a team concept, versus him being so egoistic and self concerned.

Twerk4it
02-17-2014, 10:50 PM

My how quickly people forget Rondos role in the end of Linsanity

Twerk4it
02-17-2014, 10:55 PM
LOL @ "fitting a team's needs".

A team would make room for a superstar PG, which Rondo is not.

You do realize you're in a thread about Rondo trade rumors don't you stupid? Since when does every team in the league try to make room for someone who isn't even a FA when they realistically have nothing to trade for him just cause he's a star?

Edit: lol at you calling him average and can't even stick by it cause you know how stupid you sound.

rondo is not better than jameer nelson, gtfo.

another Rondo hater, another retarded opinion

nvrstopworking
02-17-2014, 11:19 PM
I see how rondo can be valuable as a pure PG, but i personally don't buy into that pure PG concept. If his teammates aren't hitting shots, Rondo may as well be useless(assuming he doesn't catch fire, like he does once in a while) where as a PG like cp360 can pass and shoot. Almost all historically great PGs have been multitalented in the sense that they can score/pass/defend. Rondo's inability to score consistently makes him lose value in my eyes. Harden is a good passer too, he just needs to learn to buy into a team concept, versus him being so egoistic and self concerned.

Rondo avgd 17 pts/gm on 47% shooting over 19 games in the 11/12 playoffs. Oh yeah... and he also avgd 7 rebs, 12 assists and over 2 stls.

He may not be a great shooter... but he CAN score.

thisisian
02-17-2014, 11:20 PM
Are people actually hating on Rondo? The only PG I'd rather have on the Rockets is CP3.

INMATEaco
02-17-2014, 11:22 PM
Rondo can't even carry a team to the playoffs.

lol now i know youre trolling

02-17-2014, 11:27 PM
Rondo avgd 17 pts/gm on 47% shooting over 19 games in the 11/12 playoffs. Oh yeah... and he also avgd 7 rebs, 12 assists and over 2 stls.

He may not be a great shooter... but he CAN score.

he can on the drive, but i was just generalizing. i've got no animosity towards rondo, just giving my take on why i'm not so high on him. doesn't mean he's not a great player.

imo celtics are wanting too much for him to make it worthwhile for the rockets anyways.

Amaso
02-17-2014, 11:35 PM
id love to see Rondo in a rockets jersey but not at the cost of Chandler "GOAT" Parsons... Parsons is undervalued by other teams, but overrated by Rockets fans -- Rockets gonna have to pay him ~9MM after this season to keep him so that's one reason to possibly trade him but the Rockets DESPARATELY need shooters and he is really the only reliable one we have

Obviously Rondo is more valuable/better than Parsons but I don't see how the Rockets can replace everything Chandler Parsons does for the team (most importantly his shooting).

brb_ballin
02-18-2014, 12:18 AM
Is it 2010?

I haven't posted anything about Wall in years. He's not even one of my top 5 favorite players.

Rose has trade value.. is it 2010?

HankScorp1o
02-18-2014, 01:08 AM
Rose has trade value.. is it 2010?This. Rose's current trade value is approximately twenty bucks and a pack of Funyuns.

rocketfish11
02-18-2014, 02:30 AM
Would like to have Rondo if it didn't cost Parsons.
Parsons is too valuable to this team to give up for a gamble and not a sure thing.

However a healthy Rondo.
Defense.
The ability to throw consistent lob passes to Dwight and ALWAYS having the thought of lobbing to Dwight over his own scoring play.. Damn..
And forcing (I don't say allowing - because he would have to actually force) Harden to play more off the ball. Harden operating in the post is absurdly productive. Would like to see more of this.
Wouldn't be all smiles and happy go lucky after a blown 20 point lead - he'd be snarling at players expecting better.
Lots of pros.

Cons is 3 point shooting. But the Rockets haven't been as good at the 3 this season as last so it's not too drastic a fall off. Although it will still hurt.
And he can be a nutter. And the potential to cause disharmony is there.

JetLife21
02-18-2014, 04:08 AM
Plus picks

LMAO if you think Danny Ainge is even going to blink an eye at that pile of **** you just created. Danny is looking for high draft picks or a young promising player. Not low draft picks, two highly overpaid scrubs and a promising player who cant guard anyone.

JetLife21
02-18-2014, 04:12 AM

Rondo is certainly one of the best passers in the game but lets not act like he doesn't pad the hell out of that 11. He's always passing up wide open looks in the paint to dish the ball out to a teammate for a tougher shot.

MusicalHam
02-18-2014, 05:03 AM
Honestly.
I love Parsons, I love TJones..
But Rondo has the killer instinct the rockets are missing.

sdballer5588
02-18-2014, 06:49 AM
Rondo is certainly one of the best passers in the game but lets not act like he doesn't pad the hell out of that 11. He's always passing up wide open looks in the paint to dish the ball out to a teammate for a tougher shot.

this is so overblown it's crazy

He was "padding" when he was averaging 16 a game for those first 3 weeks, everyone is literally talking about ONE ASSIST that he made vs the MAgic. I still remember the EXACT ASSIST, because I'm sure every Celtic fan was just like "wow cmon rondo wtf"

Somehow everyone who does not watch them on a nightly basis came to the conclusion that he was doing that on 100% of plays in 100% of games.

Rondo is the best/2nd best playoff pg, and he is the last true PG in the league. I think even Chris Paul is straight up not the passer/creator/defender that Rondo is, but CP3 is a much more proven scorer.

SighGR
02-18-2014, 06:52 AM
The Boston scorekeeper is the worst padder in the league. I've seen some of the most boggling assists ever from there. The NBA even rescinded an assist from him once, because it was so outlandish

The problem with Rondo, is he doesn't try hard every game

sdballer5588
02-18-2014, 06:55 AM
The Boston scorekeeper is the worst padder in the league. I've seen some of the most boggling assists ever from there. The NBA even rescinded an assist from him once, because it was so outlandish

The problem with Rondo, is he doesn't try hard every game

I would somewhat agree with this.

However, the whole Boston scorekeeper thing is garbage. The one assist you're talking about? Look at what team it was against. The EXACT FKN THING I WAS TALKING ABOUT. His "stat padded assist" was removed. That was also in the fkn 2010 - 2011 season.

I swear to god half of you have never seen a basketball game.

NJLife
02-18-2014, 07:06 AM
I would somewhat agree with this.

However, the whole Boston scorekeeper thing is garbage. The one assist you're talking about? Look at what team it was against. The EXACT FKN THING I WAS TALKING ABOUT. His "stat padded assist" was removed. That was also in the fkn 2010 - 2011 season.

I swear to god half of you have never seen a basketball game.
bro we watch sportscenter. we are all experts.

mlift11
02-18-2014, 07:10 AM
bro we watch sportscenter. we are all experts.
LOLed

SDballer don't you think we should hold on to him??? He's a top 5 pg... Why trade him to try and get another top pg when we already have one. He still has a lot of years left and he's proven himself.

SighGR
02-18-2014, 07:12 AM
I've seen it more than once. The assist that got removed was with shaq. There was one with Pierce catching it, holding it, dribbling, then driving, and he got an assist. There's been plenty instances of it

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-t1M36Sim9Xs/ULpUWqa-7FI/AAAAAAAAABk/mKkaNocTjCg/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2012-12-01%2Bat%2B2.02.18%2BPM.png

sdballer5588
02-18-2014, 08:10 AM
LOLed

SDballer don't you think we should hold on to him??? He's a top 5 pg... Why trade him to try and get another top pg when we already have one. He still has a lot of years left and he's proven himself.

Of course I WANT to keep him. I was merely questioning how valuable our plethora of OVERALL pretty crappy picks are.

I've seen it more than once. The assist that got removed was with shaq. There was one with Pierce catching it, holding it, dribbling, then driving, and he got an assist. There's been plenty instances of it

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-t1M36Sim9Xs/ULpUWqa-7FI/AAAAAAAAABk/mKkaNocTjCg/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2012-12-01%2Bat%2B2.02.18%2BPM.png

You're legit just making sht up now. Rondo has ONE assist rescinded. It was a simple scorekeeping error, the assist belonged to Ray Allen.

Based on your post history you have a history of having no idea what you're talking about and then posting it as fact.

mlift11
02-18-2014, 08:29 AM
Of course I WANT to keep him. I was merely questioning how valuable our plethora of OVERALL pretty crappy picks are.

You're legit just making sht up now. Rondo has ONE assist rescinded. It was a simple scorekeeping error, the assist belonged to Ray Allen.

Based on your post history you have a history of having no idea what you're talking about and then posting it as fact.

So you don't see this stockpiling of picks turning around the franchise? Again, I think if we kept rondo and got a really good center and another scorer at the 2 or 3 we'd be good...

ugottabjoshinme
02-18-2014, 08:31 AM
I would think Parsons would have to be included in a trade for Rondo. Late 1st round picks isn't going to get it done.

Jaccogo
02-18-2014, 08:40 AM
you dont trade the best player at his position away. You simply can't get enough value back.

sdballer5588
02-18-2014, 08:52 AM
So you don't see this stockpiling of picks turning around the franchise? Again, I think if we kept rondo and got a really good center and another scorer at the 2 or 3 we'd be good...

How many franchise altering players are in the late first round or 2nd round? Our picks are plentiful and crappy.

MusicalHam
02-18-2014, 09:15 AM
How many franchise altering players are in the late first round or 2nd round? Our picks are plentiful and crappy.

The rockets turned a ton of late firsts and seconds into Harden and Dwight

Day1086
02-18-2014, 09:15 AM
Harden once again poised to be (at best) the 3rd best player on his own team.

sdballer5588
02-18-2014, 09:19 AM
The rockets turned a ton of late firsts and seconds into Harden and Dwight

Every franchise isn't just hiding a franchise player as their 6th man that they're willing to give up for a fringe star like kevin martin.

SighGR
02-18-2014, 09:20 AM

The only time I said he had an assist rescinded, is the only time it happened. I'm specifically talking about the scorekeeper being generous with his assists. I'm not the only one who has noticed this.

mlift11
02-18-2014, 09:32 AM
Rondo was pick 21. Lowry #24. Dragic #45. Monta #40. David lee #30.

I don't think it's common, but it's doable

BullBoy8
02-18-2014, 10:44 AM
this is so overblown it's crazy

He was "padding" when he was averaging 16 a game for those first 3 weeks, everyone is literally talking about ONE ASSIST that he made vs the MAgic. I still remember the EXACT ASSIST, because I'm sure every Celtic fan was just like "wow cmon rondo wtf"

Somehow everyone who does not watch them on a nightly basis came to the conclusion that he was doing that on 100% of plays in 100% of games.

Rondo is the best/2nd best playoff pg, and he is the last true PG in the league. I think even Chris Paul is straight up not the passer/creator/defender that Rondo is, but CP3 is a much more proven scorer.

Id take a healthy Westbrook and Rose over Rondo. But have Rondo 3 behind those 2

sdballer5588
02-18-2014, 10:48 AM
Id take a healthy Westbrook and Rose over Rondo. But have Rondo 3 behind those 2

Westbrook is not the same imo. Westbrook takes a pretty singificant amount OFF the table. Rondo only lacks a 3 point shot in the playoffs.

When Rondo plays aggressive, he is imo the best PG in the league. The real problem is getting him to do that on a regular basis, outside of the playoffs.

Lb54TG
02-18-2014, 10:55 AM
rondo on that team would be huge...

as long as hardon calms the fuk down

BullBoy8
02-18-2014, 10:57 AM
Westbrook is not the same imo. Westbrook takes a pretty singificant amount OFF the table. Rondo only lacks a 3 point shot in the playoffs.

When Rondo plays aggressive, he is imo the best PG in the league. The real problem is getting him to do that on a regular basis, outside of the playoffs.

WestGoat is one of my favorite players so I have a bias with him. But one thing I miss was the little rivalry that was starting between Rose and Rondo. When they played, they brought the best of of each other I swear.

jamnajh
02-18-2014, 12:19 PM
The best defensive PG in the league? Who's also the best playmaker? Would be a match made in heaven for Harden and D12.

As much as I would hate to see Rondo go to the Lakers I'd be curious to see what he'd do under D'Antoni. With the way that Pringles works with PGs Rondo could be MVP the rest of the way.... or blow out his knee again. lulz.

How is a a ball dominant pg a match made in heaven for a sg who over half of his plays are in ISO or being the pntr ball handler

EuropeanHammer
02-18-2014, 01:03 PM
Harden once again poised to be (at best) the 3rd best player on his own team.
Last game he had 35, 6, 6 and hit the game-winning shot, he is our best player.

NukeDukem
02-18-2014, 01:26 PM
But who was home grown talent?

MusicalHam
02-18-2014, 01:42 PM
How is a a ball dominant pg a match made in heaven for a sg who over half of his plays are in ISO or being the pntr ball handler

Because Harden is far better in catch and shoot/drive mode which Rondo would set him up for.
It would keep harden from doing fail isos unless hes on fire, which is good for him.

As for Parsons, as loved as he is in Houston, hes young and already has bad back problems. Guys like that dont have long careers.

Trae713
02-18-2014, 01:49 PM
I just hope Parsons is not included in any potential deal. We need that three point shooting. Rockets just waiting for Durant in 2016 anyway (maybe a year earlier). As long as OKC doesn't win, its happening.

JetLife21
02-18-2014, 01:50 PM
LMAO if you think Danny Ainge is even going to blink an eye at that pile of **** you just created. Danny is looking for high draft picks or a young promising player. Not low draft picks, two highly overpaid scrubs and a promising player who cant guard anyone.

lul. Someone named lb54TG just negged me saying Lin isn't a scrub. His production is nowhere near the $20 million that he will make over this year and next. Sounds like a scrub to me.

sdballer5588
02-18-2014, 01:57 PM
WestGoat is one of my favorite players so I have a bias with him. But one thing I miss was the little rivalry that was starting between Rose and Rondo. When they played, they brought the best of of each other I swear.

I hope they both come back to form and the rivalry comes back. I love watching them go head to head. Fkn sickening.

darknessmanX
02-18-2014, 05:09 PM
Rondo can't even carry a team to the playoffs.

lol now i know youre trolling

when the hell did rondo ever carry a team to the playoffs? he was playing with KG, ray allen and paul pierce.

do you actually think rondo would carry a team to the playoffs as the best player and #1 option on the team? MAYBE in the east, but that's only because in the east a team below .500 is still almost a lock for the playoffs. no way is a rondo led team getting even the 8th seed in the west. a rondo led team wouldn't even be better than golden state (GS would probably stomp them out).

rondo is a very decent player, but you guys who think he's a legit first option are so cute i want to pinch your cheeks.

as for peak jameer nelson being better than rondo? he was. jameer nelson on the 2009 magic was just as good or better than rondo ever was, and he was actually scoring not passing from an open lane because he's too scared to make a layup.

sdballer5588
02-18-2014, 05:14 PM
when the hell did rondo ever carry a team to the playoffs? he was playing with KG, ray allen and paul pierce.

do you actually think rondo would carry a team to the playoffs as the best player and #1 option on the team? MAYBE in the east, but that's only because in the east a team below .500 is still almost a lock for the playoffs. no way is a rondo led team getting even the 8th seed in the west. a rondo led team wouldn't even be better than golden state (GS would probably stomp them out).

rondo is a very decent player, but you guys who think he's a legit first option are so cute i want to pinch your cheeks.

as for peak jameer nelson being better than rondo? he was. jameer nelson on the 2009 magic was just as good or better than rondo ever was, and he was actually scoring not passing from an open lane because he's too scared to make a layup.

Lol? How was Rondo NOT the best player on the 2011-2012 team?

Nelsons best postseason was atually 2009-2010, nice try on your dates, his best postseason 19.0 4.8 3.8, BY FAR his best season btw, he never would come CLOSE to that again

Rondos 2 best postseasons were 16.9 9.8 9.7 in 14games and 17.3 11.9 6.7 with 2.4spgin 19 games

Jameer Nelson is literally not even 1/2 the player Rondo is, and you clearly edited it out because you must have actually googled the stats for more than a second and realized how bad Jameer ACTUALLY was.

Rondo was also on pace for another historic postseason in 2011 when he tragically destroyed his elbow in game 3 Agfter averaging 20 and 12 vs NY and totally 20 and 12 in game 2 vs the Heat.

darknessmanX
02-18-2014, 05:20 PM
Lol? How was Rondo NOT the best player on the 2011-2012 team?

he maybe was, but he didn't lead them to even a conference championship. the only time the team was in the finals was when allen, KG and pierce had way bigger roles. rondo never would have emerged, he never would have even mattered, if he was not playing alongside 3 HoFers to pass the rock to. he's nothing like a tony parker or a chris paul, actual elite point guards. you have to be a pretty big rondo fan to think he's anywhere near that level.

sdballer5588
02-18-2014, 05:24 PM
he maybe was, but he didn't lead them to even a conference championship. the only time the team was in the finals was when allen, KG and pierce had way bigger roles. rondo never would have emerged, he never would have even mattered, if he was not playing alongside 3 HoFers to pass the rock to. he's nothing like a tony parker or a chris paul, actual elite point guards. you have to be a pretty big rondo fan to think he's anywhere near that level.

Those HoFers have just looked incredible without Rondo now haven't they. You're an idiot lol

Also - aware me on CP3 ever winning a conference final as the man. He hasn't even made it to where Rondo has as the man. Umad bro?

THEHEADLIN3R
02-18-2014, 05:25 PM
Not sure why anyone wants Rondo, dude can't even stay on the court.

Phaze2
02-18-2014, 05:27 PM
KG and Piece made Rondo better? lolwut it's the other way around...look how great KG and PP are doing without rondo while rondo is killing it this month.

darknessmanX
02-18-2014, 05:31 PM
Those HoFers have just looked incredible without Rondo now haven't they. You're an idiot lol

Also - aware me on CP3 ever winning a conference final as the man. He hasn't even made it to where Rondo has as the man. Umad bro?

they're over the hill obviously, don't blame KG's decline on a lack of rondo- you've got to be kidding me. he's 37 years old, 38 in May.

as for rondo making pierce better? the only time that celtics squad won a title was in 2008, when guess who- PAUL PIERCE was their main ball handler, not rajon rondo. so whatever rondo did when he took over, it NEVER made them better or anywhere near better than the 2008 rendition of the team (a team that rondo wasn't really essential on).

the true leader of that cletics squad always has been and always will be Paul Pierce. rondo should be elated that was able to ride the coattails of a TRUE basketball legend in Paul Pierce for as long as he did.

Jameer Nelson is literally not even 1/2 the player Rondo is, and you clearly edited it out because you must have actually googled the stats for more than a second and realized how bad Jameer ACTUALLY was.

i didn't edit anything out. you edited about 6 paragraphs in after i replied though, next time be patient and just write out a full response before posting it (serious).

mlift11
02-18-2014, 05:33 PM
Not sure why anyone wants Rondo, dude can't even stay on the court.
Lol

lsiberian
02-18-2014, 05:34 PM

What bottle were you sipping on last night. Seriously it's some good stuff if it makes you think that.

darknessmanX
02-18-2014, 05:36 PM
What bottle were you sipping on last night. Seriously it's some good stuff if it makes you think that.

do you consider rondo to be a top 5 pg? if so, let's see your top 5 please.

sdballer5588
02-18-2014, 05:45 PM
they're over the hill obviously, don't blame KG's decline on a lack of rondo- you've got to be kidding me. he's 37 years old, 38 in May.

as for rondo making pierce better? the only time that celtics squad won a title was in 2008, when guess who- PAUL PIERCE was their main ball handler, not rajon rondo. so whatever rondo did when he took over, it NEVER made them better or anywhere near better than the 2008 rendition of the team (a team that rondo wasn't really essential on).

the true leader of that cletics squad always has been and always will be Paul Pierce. rondo should be elated that was able to ride the coattails of a TRUE basketball legend in Paul Pierce for as long as he did.

i didn't edit anything out. you edited about 6 paragraphs in after i replied though, next time be patient and just write out a full response before posting it (serious).

Rondo led that team in assists by a mile. Are you retarded? Did you even watch those finals? Lol'd @ primary ballhandler, not even close to true either.

Lol @ thinking KG looked perfect at ages 35 and 36 but then DROPPED OFF A CLIFF at 37 because of age and not simply that he lost the best passer in the league. Pierce too? Did he become trash even though he is younger because he's just old now? Rondo had no impact?

You're basically just saying anything you can to disagree at this point. Logic is not even an afterthought for you.

GetBigyo
02-18-2014, 05:50 PM
There's a reason why the Celtics' offenses have been mediocre ever since Rondo's became the man.

LOL @ this forum. The love for certain players is hilarious with Rondo being #1. This forum blows his cock.

sdballer5588
02-18-2014, 05:54 PM
There's a reason why the Celtics' offenses have been mediocre ever since Rondo's became the man.

LOL @ this forum. The love for certain players is hilarious with Rondo being #1. This forum blows his cock.

When was the celtics offense highly rated? In 2007-2008 they were 12th in the league. They were actually better the NEXT year with Rondo in an increased role, and that was without KG for the end of it.

After that, of course those players who are no longer themselves are going to become worse offensively, that's the nature of a team built the way it was. Rondo took an increased role out of necessity. In 2009-2010 they made the finals as the 13th best offense. Is that high powered?

Where are you getting this myth that the Celtics offense was ever feared. They won with DEFENSE.

Twerk4it
02-18-2014, 05:56 PM
do you consider rondo to be a top 5 pg? if so, let's see your top 5 please.

lsiberian don't even respond to this tard, he's even dumber than the idiot who called Rondo an average PG, he has KYRIE in his top 5 lol

Edit: Oh god he just said Rondo never carried his team in the post season, I legit think he's confusing Rondo with Bradley now.

darknessmanX
02-18-2014, 05:59 PM
lsiberian don't even respond to this tard, he's even dumber than the idiot who called Rondo an average PG, he has KYRIE in his top 5 lol

Edit: Oh god he just said Rondo never carried his team in the post season, I legit think he's confusing Rondo with Bradley now.

stepping in to save your boyfriend from disaster are you? Lol at you trying to stop him from replying because you know i'm owning him.

rondo is nowhere near a top 5 pg.

MusicalHam
02-18-2014, 06:00 PM
Yall some phaggots.
srs.

Twerk4it
02-18-2014, 06:01 PM
The same people saying he had HOFers to play with are the same who were saying those HOFers were too old to do any damage in the playoffs for the last 4 years, and the only time they proved those naysayers right is when they lost Rondo, coincidence? I think not. They actually could've beat the Knicks if it weren't for the stagnant offense and excessive turnovers which Rondo would've fixed.

Spill512
02-18-2014, 06:06 PM
Rondo led that team in assists by a mile. Are you retarded? Did you even watch those finals? Lol'd @ primary ballhandler, not even close to true either.

Rondo hurt his foot early on in the finals iirc and played limited minutes. Pierce picked up the role as the primary handler. When Rondo did play, he couldn't shoot and we dared him the entire time. He was pretty much garbage that finals series.

Did you legitimately start watching the NBA when the Heat big three formed? Serious question. It's embarrassing you don't know chit about your own fuking team as recent as 2008.

I just checked the numbers and Pierce and Rondo both averaged the exact SAME number of assists in those finals. You are seriously the least knowledgeable person on sports misc.

Twerk4it
02-18-2014, 06:06 PM
stepping in to save your boyfriend from disaster are you? Lol at you trying to stop him from replying because you know i'm owning him.

rondo is nowhere near a top 5 pg.

In what world were you owning anyone? all you've done is make yourself look dumb with your irrational Rondo hate, I remember when you put Kyrie in your top 5 and everyone gave you chit for it then you started to backpedal. you're only owning yourself when you call a consensus top 5/6 at worst PG average.

The only disaster is the arguments you haters are trying to make to claim he's not one of the best in the league, what was the one you had last time? that "he was mean to Ray Allen" lol

sdballer5588
02-18-2014, 06:18 PM
Rondo hurt his foot early on in the finals iirc and played limited minutes. Pierce picked up the role as the primary handler. When Rondo did play, he couldn't shoot and we dared him the entire time. He was pretty much garbage that finals series.

Did you legitimately start watching the NBA when the Heat big three formed? Serious question. It's embarrassing you don't know chit about your own fuking team as recent as 2008.

I just checked the numbers and Pierce and Rondo both averaged the exact SAME number of assists in those finals. You are seriously the least knowledgeable person on sports misc.

U fukkin wot m8? I was talking about the entire playoffs since the OBVIOUS idea was that Pierce was the primary ballhandler IN THOSE PLAYOFFS which is just plain NOT TRUE.

6.7 and 6.3 are the same number? 1.5 turnovers vs 3.7 turnovers are the same?

Are you mentally retarded?

Twerk4it
02-18-2014, 06:22 PM
yall must've forgot

ndyfsS0bFK8

A0wner21
02-18-2014, 06:27 PM
http://gyazo.com/533122f6a69e93ca61df81279fd997a1.png
A trade like this might work, but rockets might have to give up someone more, either parsons or jones

sdballer5588
02-18-2014, 06:29 PM
A trade like this might work, but rockets might have to give up someone more, either parsons or jones

Hahahahahahaahaha WHAT?

Why would the Celtics EVER accept that trade? That is literally the worst trade ever for the Celtics lol

MusicalHam
02-18-2014, 06:31 PM
A trade like this might work, but rockets might have to give up someone more, either parsons or jonesId rather keep Jones over Parsons. I think hes got a far higher ceiling and Parsons won't last too long in the league because of his back.
People really underrate Asik. Hes an elite defending center. Lin would probably bake in NY.
Kinda silly for Celtics, but ShumpStreet and Motiejunas both could have bright futures. Not sure about everyone else.
Bunch of junk pieces for Rondo, really.

I think Shump needs to get out of NY though.

Spill512
02-18-2014, 06:32 PM
U fukkin wot m8? I was talking about the entire playoffs since the OBVIOUS idea was that Pierce was the primary ballhandler IN THOSE PLAYOFFS which is just plain NOT TRUE.

6.7 and 6.3 are the same number? 1.5 turnovers vs 3.7 turnovers are the same?

Are you mentally retarded?

Went from leading by a "mile" to arguing about .4 assists. FOUR TENTHS OF ONE ASSIST.

You were clearly talking about the finals. You said finals in the same exact line. "Did you even watch the finals?" THATS YOUR QUOTE. YOUR IRONIC FUKING QUOTE. Don't trip while you're backpedaling. Boasting about Rondo's 08 finals performance like he didn't get injured/choke throughout most of it.

You are an embarrassment to real Celtics fans. I'm educating you about the history of your own team right now.

Don't come at me again unless you want another dish served cold.

pbm73TwXMC4

brb_ballin
02-18-2014, 06:35 PM

how come it "might work"

why would Boston do this? Shump is the only have decent piece and he's lost his explosiveness.

sdballer5588
02-18-2014, 06:36 PM
Went from leading by a "mile" to arguing about .4 assists. FOUR TENTHS OF ONE ASSIST.

You were clearly talking about the finals. You said finals in the same exact line. "Did you even watch the finals?" THATS YOUR QUOTE. YOUR IRONIC FUKING QUOTE. Don't trip while you're backpedaling. Boasting about Rondo's 08 finals performance like he didn't get injured/choke throughout most of it.

You are an embarrassment to real Celtics fans. I'm educating you about the history of your own team right now.

Don't come at me again unless you want another dish served cold.

Lol we were talking about the playoffs you fkn clown. You try so hard and still no one cares about your opinion.

The saddest of existences.

A0wner21
02-18-2014, 06:38 PM
how come it "might work"

why would Boston do this? Shump is the only have decent piece and he's lost his explosiveness. Boston wants 2 1st round picks and a younger player, thats pretty hard to get at this moment, so maybe you throw in parsons or jones to compensate for a 1st round pick. Here they lose bass' contracts while receving expirings and rookie deals, those expirings were really just for cap reasons

Ivan7x
02-18-2014, 06:42 PM
A trade like this might work, but rockets might have to give up someone more, either parsons or jonesfull potato

yes lets trade asik to the clippers

A0wner21
02-18-2014, 06:45 PM
full potato

yes lets trade asik to the clippers
Clippers want a defensive big man that can back up griffin and jordan. Rockets don't want him and want a back up big like brandon bass and also want rondo. Dudley can be the spot up shooter the clippers wanted him to be even tho I think he sucks. And I think rondo's asking price is too much after his acl tear so that dropped his value as did shumpert tearing his, hence why celtics would probably have to get parsons or jones along with mountejunas. Celtics would probably be willing to take back less if some other team takes back gerald wallace's contract
I'm not a rockets fan btw, just like doing trades

Ivan7x
02-18-2014, 07:04 PM
Clippers want a defensive big man that can back up griffin and jordan. Rockets don't want him and want a back up big like brandon bass and also want rondo. Dudley can be the spot up shooter the clippers wanted him to be even tho I think he sucks. And I think rondo's asking price is too much after his acl tear so that dropped his value as did shumpert tearing his, hence why celtics would probably have to get parsons or jones along with mountejunas. Celtics would probably be willing to take back less if some other team takes back gerald wallace's contract
I'm not a rockets fan btw, just like doing tradesu wot

thats not true at all its actually asik who doesnt want to be a rocket. And no way morey trades asik to the Clippers just to get Rondo when there are other ways, i dont want that fat phaggot Dudley either.

A0wner21
02-18-2014, 07:08 PM
u wot

thats not true at all its actually asik who doesnt want to be a rocket. And no way morey trades asik to the Clippers just to get Rondo when there are other ways, i dont want that fat phaggot Dudley either. I'm not a die hard Rockets fan, all I know is that Asik doesn't want to play with the Rockets, demanded a trade, rockets tried to trade, couldn't find a good trade, asik doesn't want to play, rockets tried to have makeup sex with asik, now they are looking to trade him..... idk cuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ivan7x
02-18-2014, 07:09 PM
I'm not a die hard Rockets fan, all I know is that Asik doesn't want to play with the Rockets, demanded a trade, rockets tried to trade, couldn't find a good trade, asik doesn't want to play, rockets tried to have makeup sex with asik, now they are looking to trade him..... idk cuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzyea brah but u said rockets didnt want him. Of course if Asik is being a phaggot the rockets have to get some value out of him so gotta trade him, if only the phaggot could see how much he means to the team.

BullBoy8
02-18-2014, 07:34 PM

Celtics do this trade if they get 2018 and 2020 1sts from the knicks, plus right to swap firsts with the Knicks the other years. 2014, 2016, 2018 firsts from the Rockets plus rights to swap for the higher pick the odd years. And 2 1sts from the clippers.

rocketsfanumad
02-18-2014, 07:37 PM
parsons > rondo cmon cuh

brb_ballin
02-18-2014, 07:58 PM
Boston wants 2 1st round picks and a younger player, thats pretty hard to get at this moment, so maybe you throw in parsons or jones to compensate for a 1st round pick. Here they lose bass' contracts while receving expirings and rookie deals, those expirings were really just for cap reasons

so they're trading a top 5 PG for a bench of bench players?

If we want cap relief we'll just let him walk.

to Detroit:

Rajon Rondo

to Boston:

Greg Monroe
Charlie V (expiring cap filler)
2014 1st
2015 or 2016 1st

why Boston does it:

this trade actually gets them proper return. An improving Big for the future and a couple picks to build with.

Monroe (23) would join the rebuild with Bradley (23), Sullinger (22 in 2 weeks), Olynyk (22) and a slew of picks.

why Detroit does it:

you don't pay Josh Smith 14 million with the plan to stay mediocre. Rondo makes guys better. period. Smith would definitely improve as Rondo puts teammates in the best spot to succeed. Drummond is an animal.

Jennings has nice numbers and all but he's a chucker and always has been... He's not going to lead them anywhere.

Rondo - Stuckey - Singler - Smith - Drummond
6th - Jennings

Detroit is ready to be a playoff team again... not a borderline playoff team (in the East no less)

I really do think it's the best trade out there.

Hardcore_D00d
02-18-2014, 11:24 PM
Rondon leading the charge and Lin learning and coming off the bench for rondo.

mother of god

JetLife21
02-19-2014, 04:09 AM
so they're trading a top 5 PG for a bench of bench players?

If we want cap relief we'll just let him walk.

to Detroit:
why Detroit does it:

you don't pay Josh Smith 14 million with the plan to stay mediocre. Rondo makes guys better. period. Smith would definitely improve as Rondo puts teammates in the best spot to succeed. Drummond is an animal.

Jennings has nice numbers and all but he's a chucker and always has been... He's not going to lead them anywhere.

Rondo - Stuckey - Singler - Smith - Drummond
6th - Jennings

Detroit is ready to be a playoff team again... not a borderline playoff team (in the East no less)

I really do think it's the best trade out there.

I agree with this. Don't forget that Smith and Rondo were teammates at Oak Hill in High School as well. In his new article about the 40 worst contracts in the NBA, Bill Simmons talks about recently watching tape of them at Oak Hill and said he was blown away.

brb_ballin
02-19-2014, 12:41 PM

confirmed. never watched rondo play.

Rondo is the best defending PG in the game. best rebounding PG in the game and a top 3 passer.