02-17-2014, 08:36 AM
9HyTIak-_y8

Cliffs:

- Big men should get in the paint and stop wasting time at the perimeter
- Game is much easier now due to no handcheck
- Game is not as interesting, boring now
- Lebron is misinformed, hasn't watched enough old school bball
- Players don't learn the game today because they don't stay in college

Kareem basically took a big dump on the entire current state of the NBA, just as anyone does who has actually watched the game in the 90s and before.

BullBoy8
02-17-2014, 08:48 AM
You actually have to have skill to play defense now a days.
Bigs are as impactful now because of the way defenses pack inside the arc. Which is why 3pt shooting is more relevant than ever.
NBA is about to enter another golden age in the next 5 years or so.
No one wants to watch unathletic players who cant dribble, so I wouldnt blame lebron for not watching old school ball
Players can learn the game while in the NBA I thought? Maybe I am wrong though.

Old man is bitter. NBA is a better product now than back then.

Baller01
02-17-2014, 08:52 AM
Is Kareem mad?

brb doing same sky hook movie 20+ a game and says today's games aren't interesting. Please go

rusvik
02-17-2014, 08:59 AM

What skill? If you bothered to listen to the interview, you'd hear Kareem saying you can't actually play good defense because everything is a touch foul. For that reason, really good lock down man to man defense is a lost art. Players can't defend one on one for sh*it, in part because of the rules, but also because they never learn to.

Bigs are as impactful now because of the way defenses pack inside the arc. Which is why 3pt shooting is more relevant than ever.

Surely you are joking, bigs are useless now in general. The corpse of Duncan is still dominating opponents and getting what he wants inside. I mean, Duncan can barely run, yet he plain dominated everything Miami had, despite this 'pack the inside' great defense you are claiming.

Yeah, I doubt that. It will continue to be a boring game of pick and roll all the time.

No one wants to watch unathletic players who cant dribble, so I wouldnt blame lebron for not watching old school ball

Lol at unathletic. Young Kareem would be utterly unstoppable now. Kareem was far more athletic than the average center now. In a league were guys like Hibbert, Old Duncan, etc can dominate, Kareem would utterly annihilate defenses.

No, they don't have time to learn fundamentals and experiment because they are forced to rely on their strengths because off the tempo and athleticism of the NBA.

Sure, lets just reduce the second greatest player ever and a very smart person to a bitter old man. He isn't even that old.

rusvik
02-17-2014, 09:00 AM
Is Kareem mad?

brb doing same sky hook movie 20+ a game and says today's games aren't interesting. Please go

Try actually watching young Kareem play, for example him dominating Wilt who was a physical freak only if ever matched by Shaq.

cheerupemokid
02-17-2014, 09:04 AM

With all due respect, you're 23. You missed out on the golden age. Nothing in basketball today even comes close to seeing Jordan finally overcome the douchebag Pistons and ascend to GOAT status.

The NBA today is full of soft flop happy prima donnas.

http://bullpenblogger.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/chris-paul-ham.gif?w=625

That nonsense does not make for a golden age, brah.

L0lJ0ker3
02-17-2014, 09:10 AM
With all due respect, you're 23. You missed out on the golden age. Nothing in basketball today even comes close to seeing Jordan finally overcome the douchebag Pistons and ascend to GOAT status.

http://bullpenblogger.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/chris-paul-ham.gif?w=625

Good lord Paul is such a phucking phaggot

Rebounds45
02-17-2014, 09:12 AM
The game today is not as bad as you guys make it sound like tho. I guess it's because of the flopping by stars.

I do wanna see more back to the basket big men though, or wing players posting up. seems like everyone wants to do stepbacks and shoot 3s now.

Daewoo_Lanos
02-17-2014, 09:14 AM
The fact that so many old bruhs are irate about Lebron's opinion only confirms his place on Mt Rushmore and their respect for his historical status.

The only person who could rustle more jimmies by answering the mt rushmore question is MJ.

Murph0408
02-17-2014, 09:16 AM
"back in my day the game was harder"
"these kids these days don't know what they're talking about"
"old school bla bla bla"

yep never heard this **** before

rusvik
02-17-2014, 09:16 AM
The fact that so many old bruhs are irate about Lebron's opinion only confirms his place on Mt Rushmore and their respect for his historical status.

The only person who could rustle more jimmies by answering the mt rushmore question is MJ.

Get your pathetic Lebron worship out of here. Kareem wasn't mad at all, he just said it like it was, that Lebron didn't watch him play and likely hadn't watched much of the legends.

jross2021
02-17-2014, 09:26 AM

the 90's was prime.. i've watched a lot of old school footage and the 90's ****s on it.. the game today is still a great product, and they have so much talent in the league right now.. any player can drop 40 on any given night, it's biriful.

Kareem was also in a documentary saying the NY Rens were the greatest basketball team of all time just because they were the first all black team and had an amazing record. Said they could contend with teams now a days and beat them. There was also no shot clock and scores were like 40-30. Dude has gone loopy.

airdog93
02-17-2014, 09:26 AM

bold is why i hate you and the majority of sports fans. Really, you only like athletic basketball? Go watch dunk compilations instead of the NBA season then. Youre the same type of phaggot who watches football just for concussive hits, or baseball just for homeruns. Its even more funny considering you are obese and have probably never been athletic yourself.

and pls tell me how many rookies actually get playing time in the nba, i.e. able to learn the game (inb4 oladipo, MCW, plumlees)

jross2021
02-17-2014, 09:27 AM
bold is why i hate you and the majority of sports fans. Really, you only like athletic basketball? Go watch dunk compilations instead of the NBA season then. Youre the same type of phaggot who watches football just for concussive hits, or baseball just for homeruns. Its even more funny considering you are obese and have probably never been athletic yourself.

and pls tell me how many rookies actually get playing time in the nba, i.e. able to learn the game (inb4 oladipo, MCW, plumlees)

I love me some pick and rolls and watching Collison draw charges and set screens.. but having both that and athleticism >

Daewoo_Lanos
02-17-2014, 09:27 AM
Get your pathetic Lebron worship out of here. Kareem wasn't mad at all, he just said it like it was, that Lebron didn't watch him play and likely hadn't watched much of the legends.

pls go.

He was almost as mad as you.

BullBoy8
02-17-2014, 09:33 AM

[img]http://bullpenblogger.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/chris-paul-ham.gif?w=625[img]

90s is golden era. Im not denying that. And I have seen a lot of games and stuff from the 90s. (youtube, documentarys, etc. Can watch all the full games online. inb4 you had to be there to understand).

Im saying with the amount of talent in the nba, and how much better team ball, team defense, etc is right now and also becoming, the NBA is gonna enter ANOTHER golden era. Not saying it will be THEE golden era.

the 90's was prime.. i've watched a lot of old school footage and the 90's ****s on it.. the game today is still a great product, and they have so much talent in the league right now.. any player can drop 40 on any given night, it's biriful.

Kareem was also in a documentary saying the NY Rens were the greatest basketball team of all time just because they were the first all black team and had an amazing record. Said they could contend with teams now a days and beat them. There was also no shot clock and scores were like 40-30. Dude has gone loopy.

hehehe. And the fact that big men now a days have better handles than guards then his time. Cousins, Noah, Griffin, etc would be the best PGs in the game in the 70s and 80s.

hehehe repped (srs). I wouldnt say I am obese, but losing weight hehe. And played football at NDSU. Athletic enough to be on a natty title team I guess ;)

And every player in the NBA has been a rookie at some point, and they all seem to be doing ok. Takes more than 1 season to completely know the game buddy.

rusvik
02-17-2014, 09:38 AM
the 90's was prime.. i've watched a lot of old school footage and the 90's ****s on it.. the game today is still a great product.

I don't think the current game is a good product. I think it is extremely boring compared to the 90s. It's all the same pick and roll, kick out to 3. There's no variety or different play styles besides a few teams like Pacers and Spurs. There is no defense, wing players can blow by their man because of no handcheck and there is no big to stop them because of 3 second defensive rule. It is like watching soccer if the goal had been made 3 times as big. Players are flopping all over and there is only focus on individual players and their statistics.

Nope, NBA now is not a good product, it is hardly worth watching if it wasn't for a few teams like OKC, Miami, Pacers, Spurs in the playoffs.

I actually feel bad for modern fans, because you simple have no idea how awesome basketball can be.

jross2021
02-17-2014, 09:40 AM
I actually feel bad for modern fans, because you simple have no idea how awesome basketball can be.

you're 31 but I probably watched more basketball from '95-'98 than you so don't give me that bruh.

cashinout
02-17-2014, 10:23 AM
I don't think the current game is a good product. I think it is extremely boring compared to the 90s. It's all the same pick and roll, kick out to 3. There's no variety or different play styles besides a few teams like Pacers and Spurs. There is no defense, wing players can blow by their man because of no handcheck and there is no big to stop them because of 3 second defensive rule. It is like watching soccer if the goal had been made 3 times as big. Players are flopping all over and there is only focus on individual players and their statistics.

Nope, NBA now is not a good product, it is hardly worth watching if it wasn't for a few teams like OKC, Miami, Pacers, Spurs in the playoffs.

Rosy retrospection refers to the finding that subjects later rate past events more positively than they had actually rated them when the event occurred, reminiscent of the Latin phrase memoria praeteritorum bonorum ("The past is always recalled to be good").

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosy_retrospection

jross2021
02-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Rosy retrospection refers to the finding that subjects later rate past events more positively than they had actually rated them when the event occurred, reminiscent of the Latin phrase memoria praeteritorum bonorum ("The past is always recalled to be good").

dat nostalgia. which is why Jordan is the GOAT right now.. give it 20 years and we'll revisit the discussion when the current day is the past.

Daewoo_Lanos
02-17-2014, 10:36 AM
as someone who has probably seen more nba games between 1990 and 2014 than anyone on the sports misc, the game is not that different at all today in comparison to when Jordan won his first ring.

there were still multiple athletic freaks on every team. strategies were basically the same.

the biggest change has been refs being uptight asshles about physical play, but that is 100% ron artest's fault. they call fouls that they didnt call in 1995. players have grown accustomed to it. now players complain when they dont get the call. although players have ALWAYS bitched and complained about calls. refs back in the 90s just swallowed their whistles more often... now they'll only do it in maybe the last 2 minutes of a close playoff game so it's not decided by them.

99% of the NBA players today would've performed identically if they were drafted 20 years ago. the elite of the elite (i.e., EVERY PRO in the world) will adapt to anything you put in front of them.

SuperStudGG
02-17-2014, 10:41 AM
5MnDbWqe_kQ

I agree with everything the old brah's are saying and disagree with everything boys in their early 20's are saying, lol. In all seriousness, how is the NBA doing with ratings, profit margins? Are they doing pretty good? Over the years I keep hearing that the NBA has gone down hill, but I don't know if it's fact or opinion.

jross2021
02-17-2014, 10:45 AM
5MnDbWqe_kQ

I agree with everything the old brah's are saying and disagree with everything boys in their early 20's are saying, lol. In all seriousness, how is the NBA doing with ratings, profit margins? Are they doing pretty good? Over the years I keep hearing that the NBA has gone down hill, but I don't know if it's fact or opinion.

it's the hipster thing these days to hate on the NBA, so guess what everyone is doing?

"Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal"

FGCHENG
02-17-2014, 10:46 AM
Lol @ people saying NBA is better now than it has ever been before.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10354114/harris-poll-nfl-most-popular-mlb-2nd

In 2014, 35 percent of fans call the NFL their favorite sport, followed by Major League Baseball (14 percent), college football (11 percent), auto racing (7 percent), the NBA (6 percent), the NHL (5 percent) and college basketball (3 percent).

NBA is behind auto-racing lol.

rusvik
02-17-2014, 10:48 AM
as someone who has probably seen more nba games between 1990 and 2014 than anyone on the sports misc, the game is not that different at all today in comparison to when Jordan won his first ring.

there were still multiple athletic freaks on every team. strategies were basically the same.

the biggest change has been refs being uptight asshles about physical play, but that is 100% ron artest's fault. they call fouls that they didnt call in 1995. players have grown accustomed to it. now players complain when they dont get the call. although players have ALWAYS bitched and complained about calls. refs back in the 90s just swallowed their whistles more often... now they'll only do it in maybe the last 2 minutes of a close playoff game so it's not decided by them.

99% of the NBA players today would've performed identically if they were drafted 20 years ago. the elite of the elite (i.e., EVERY PRO in the world) will adapt to anything you put in front of them.

Believe it or not but not every thread is a veiled attack at your god Lebron. I have no doubt Lebron would have been elite in the 90s, though I think he would have struggled if he hadn't gone to college for much longer than he did in the 00s. I also think coaches would have tried to make him into a power forward.

But if you have watched a lot of games since 1990, then you probably agree that eliminating hand checking in combination with all the touch fouls and the defensive 3 second rule, has made it way too easy for perimiter players to get to the paint, which is why 90% of all plays now are pick and roll for the 'point guard' and then penetration and kick out to the 3. It is very boring to watch the same over and over. Regardless, the teams that play team oriented basketball with proper big men like Indiana and Spurs continue to do well while almost every single team dependent on their backcourt struggles in the playoffs.

jross2021
02-17-2014, 10:49 AM

not one person said that.. dat lack of comprehension

and again, in case youd idn't understand my last post..

Daewoo_Lanos
02-17-2014, 10:52 AM
just writing that last post made me realize that if Kobe was drafted 20 years ago, he wouldve been drafted 2 years earlier than when he was actually drafted.

the league is exactly the fkn same.

this is just rose colored glasses bullsht

rusvik
02-17-2014, 10:52 AM
Another great thing about the 90s was the one on one matchups, because zone wasn't allowed. That meant you had stars going one on one much more often. Combine that with hand checking and the perimeter game was hardcore, you really needed to be both fast and physical to get past your man.

That's also why you needed to be an elite defender if you wanted to win a ship. Of course players could double team, but they had to be close(r) to a man so that opened up the mid range jumper for the free man. And back then they hit midrange jumpers on the automatic, unlike today where it is brick, brick, brick from midrange.

TooOld4thisSHIT
02-17-2014, 10:55 AM

Negged

I bet you're the type of phaggot who feels sympathetic for the dumbass who jumps in a lion's cage and gets his face mauled.

ToPHeR35
02-17-2014, 11:03 AM
The event that is referred to as "the All Star Game" should alone explain the difference in old school vs new school NBA...

Daewoo_Lanos
02-17-2014, 11:04 AM
Negged

I bet you're the type of phaggot who feels sympathetic for the dumbass who jumps in a lion's cage and gets his face mauled.

i lol'd

i literally have no idea how you turned ron artest's bipolar schizo behavior into that post.

i fully supported ron artest running into the stands. the only thing i was upset about is that he initially beat the chit out of the wrong person.

he's still almost entirely responsible for the pussification of the fouls called in the last 10 years.

Daewoo_Lanos
02-17-2014, 11:07 AM
Believe it or not but not every thread is a veiled attack at your god Lebron. I have no doubt Lebron would have been elite in the 90s, though I think he would have struggled if he hadn't gone to college for much longer than he did in the 00s. I also think coaches would have tried to make him into a power forward.

But if you have watched a lot of games since 1990, then you probably agree that eliminating hand checking in combination with all the touch fouls and the defensive 3 second rule, has made it way too easy for perimiter players to get to the paint, which is why 90% of all plays now are pick and roll for the 'point guard' and then penetration and kick out to the 3. It is very boring to watch the same over and over. Regardless, the teams that play team oriented basketball with proper big men like Indiana and Spurs continue to do well while almost every single team dependent on their backcourt struggles in the playoffs.

wasnt thinking about lebron for a single second when I wrote that post. getting rid of hand check has probably resulted in improved wing defenders because like i said the elite will always adapt and hand-checking allowed lesser defenders to keep up.

i see nothing wrong with defensive 3 seconds rules. as if there was a ton of strategy and skill involved in allowing a huge phaggot to stand in the paint all game.

FGCHENG
02-17-2014, 11:07 AM
not one person said that.. dat lack of comprehension

and again, in case youd idn't understand my last post..

Universal truth might not be measured in mass appeal, but in terms of comparing American sports today, it's a pretty damn good indicator. I mean the ratings speaks for itself.

Truth is NBA is just not the same product as it once was.

http://www.businessinsider.com/chart-tv-ratings-for-the-nba-finals-are-the-worst-in-5-years-2013-6

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Basketball_Association_Nielsen_ratings

Daewoo_Lanos
02-17-2014, 11:15 AM
Universal truth might not be measured in mass appeal, but in terms of comparing American sports today, it's a pretty damn good indicator. I mean the ratings speaks for itself.

Truth is NBA is just not the same product as it once was.

http://www.businessinsider.com/chart-tv-ratings-for-the-nba-finals-are-the-worst-in-5-years-2013-6

revenues continue to climb to record highs

last years finals game 6:

Thursday’s game ranks as the second-highest rated and second-most viewed NBA game on any network since Bulls/Jazz Game 6 in 1998 (22.8, 35.9M), trailing only Game 7 in 2010.

airdog93
02-17-2014, 11:20 AM

neat. flopping continues to grow, sleeved jerseys are becoming more commonplace, and the diva complex of nba players is growing

but yeah the NBA is heading in a good direction, because a lot of people watch it

JamesGatz83
02-17-2014, 11:22 AM

Why are you using a single game?

The average rating for the 1998 Finals was 18.7, compared to 10.4 last year. There is no arguing that the NBA is decidedly less popular and appealing than it was in the Jordan era.

Daewoo_Lanos
02-17-2014, 11:23 AM
neat. flopping continues to grow, sleeved jerseys are becoming more commonplace, and the diva complex of nba players is growing

but yeah the NBA is heading in a good direction, because a lot of people watch it

your strawman is weak as fuk cuz

you seem upset

JamesGatz83
02-17-2014, 11:27 AM

you seem upset

Yo, because you're suggesting he's upset, I have to assume you're upset. You mad, cuz? Yeah, you definitely rustled, bro.

LOL, idiot.

Daewoo_Lanos
02-17-2014, 11:31 AM
Why are you using a single game?

The average rating for the 1998 Finals was 18.7, compared to 10.4 last year. There is no arguing that the NBA is decidedly less popular and appealing than it was in the Jordan era.

And it's decidedly more popular than it was in the immediate post-Jordan crash. I also forgot that the league's popularity is based solely on the average number of people in America watch a 7 game series, but not any one game of that series in particular. I also forgot that the league's attempt to make a fortune overseas has failed miserably. oh wait.

http://i.imgur.com/q2gfdql.png

i lol'd. shut the fuk up u angry phaggot

airdog93
02-17-2014, 11:32 AM

you seem upset

i hear the elderly generally have low T...would explain your constant grumpiness and obsession with lebrons cawk

And it's decidedly more popular than it was in the immediate post-Jordan crash. I also forgot that the league's popularity is based solely on the average number of people in America watch a 7 game series, but not any one game of that series in particular. I also forgot that the league's attempt to make a fortune overseas has failed miserably. oh wait.

http://i.imgur.com/q2gfdql.png

i lol'd. shut the fuk up u angry phaggot

you do realize Earth has become far more interconnected as a global system over the last 20 years right? Asia's access/ability to watch sports is not the same as the sport getting better/more popular

jkeithc82
02-17-2014, 11:32 AM
So Durant and Kobe also had "Mt. Rushmore" picks and all had the same 3 players with each one picking a different fourth. No comments about that Kareem?

Kareem's ALWAYS been bitter though, so this is not surprising.

Daewoo_Lanos
02-17-2014, 11:33 AM
Yo, because you're suggesting he's upset, I have to assume you're upset. You mad, cuz? Yeah, you definitely rustled, bro.

LOL, idiot.

yo because we're talking about ratings and money and he starts talking about flopping and uniforms. do you even know what a strawman is you dumb fuk?

shut the fuk up. pls neg me again with a projection of your phaggotry. no you cannot suck my cock you fairy godmother phaggot

Daewoo_Lanos
02-17-2014, 11:33 AM
So Durant and Kobe also had "Mt. Rushmore" picks and all had the same 3 players with each one picking a different fourth. No comments about that Kareem?

brb where's my fkn statue?!

cashinout
02-17-2014, 11:35 AM

he even admits to having a full Lakers bias in that same interview

Daewoo_Lanos
02-17-2014, 11:37 AM
i hear the elderly generally have low T...would explain your constant grumpiness and obsession with lebrons cawk

you do realize Earth has become far more interconnected as a global system over the last 20 years right? Asia's access/ability to watch sports is not the same as the sport getting better/more popular

yes, because those are fake revenue streams. if 10 million people in china rabidly spend money on my product, I am still poor and my product is unpopular because I live in Nebraska.

jk i would never live in a chithole like Nebraska.

JamesGatz83
02-17-2014, 11:41 AM
yo because we're talking about ratings and money and he starts talking about flopping and uniforms. do you even know what a strawman is you dumb fuk?

shut the fuk up. pls neg me again with a projection of your phaggotry. no you cannot suck my cock you fairy godmother phaggot

Yes, I'm aware of what a strawman is, you insolent little moron. I just find it amusing how your go-to line is "u mad" and its various equivalents--irrefutable proof that you are, in fact, an idiot.

Ratings over the course of a 7-game series are a much more significant indicator than ratings for a single game. Your best piece of evidence only illustrates that most fans can't be bothered to watch more than the potentially deciding game of the Finals these days.

And there hasn't been any real rebound after the post-Jordan crash. The highest rated series in the past 10 years was all the way back in 2004, which wasn't even competitive.

airdog93
02-17-2014, 11:42 AM
yes, because those are fake revenue streams. if 10 million people in china rabidly spend money on my product, I am still poor and my product is unpopular because I live in Nebraska.

jk i would never live in a chithole like Nebraska.

the revenue streams reflect accessibility...if africa suddenly had better internet infrastructure, ad revenue would go through the roof without a single person clicking on an add.

lol@using an economic model when talking about quality. most people will watch whatever dog sh!t you throw on in front of them

Daewoo_Lanos
02-17-2014, 11:45 AM
Yes, I'm aware of what a strawman is, you insolent little moron. I just find it amusing how your go-to line is "u mad" and its various equivalents--irrefutable proof that you are, in fact, an idiot.

Ratings over the course of a 7-game series are a much more significant indicator than ratings for a single game. Your best piece of evidence only illustrates that most fans can't be bothered to watch more than the potentially deciding game of the Finals these days.

And there hasn't been any real rebound after the post-Jordan crash. The highest rated series in the past 10 years was all the way back in 2004, which wasn't even competitive.

ITP a rebound documented by fact is not "real" because I say so

u mad? pls go.

Daewoo_Lanos
02-17-2014, 11:46 AM
the revenue streams reflect accessibility...if africa suddenly had better internet infrastructure, ad revenue would go through the roof without a single person clicking on an add.

lol@using an economic model when talking about quality. most people will watch whatever dog sh!t you throw on in front of them

well chit i'm convinced.

you are awful at this. pls stop.

alphadodger
02-17-2014, 11:49 AM

Tell us again how much basketball from Kareem's era you have watched.

Daewoo_Lanos
02-17-2014, 11:50 AM

MCrow
02-17-2014, 11:54 AM

I'm 36 and never saw him play in his prime. He was just outside of his prime when I first saw him play so all you you phuckers make me laugh.

rusvik
02-17-2014, 12:02 PM

How many of those viewers are international compared to in the 90s. You now have millions of international fans who can actually watch the game. Just in China alone, there are tens of millions of fans who can watch the game on CCTV.

rusvik
02-17-2014, 12:04 PM
Kareem has plenty of reason to be bitter. He is the clear GOAT big man, but because people only watched him in the 80s they think his geriatric self is the real Kareem. Go look up Kareem vs Wilt, he makes Wilt look slow and bad.

SighGR
02-17-2014, 12:14 PM
No handchecking singlehandedly changed the focus of the game. It made mediocre guards look better than they are. It's a joke.

Players don't learn the game because they aren't taught proper fundamentals when they're young. By the time they get to college, it's too late

MCrow
02-17-2014, 12:15 PM
Kareem has plenty of reason to be bitter. He is the clear GOAT big man, but because people only watched him in the 80s they think his geriatric self is the real Kareem. Go look up Kareem vs Wilt, he makes Wilt look slow and bad.

Clear GOAT? I don't think so.

How about a guy that averaged 30 points and 23 rebounds HIS ENTIRE CAREER?

Or 50 and 25 for a whole season and the next season averaged 45 and 24?

I'd probably take Wilt,Russell, Shaq, and Hakeem over him.

Daewoo_Lanos
02-17-2014, 12:26 PM
How many of those viewers are international compared to in the 90s. You now have millions of international fans who can actually watch the game. Just in China alone, there are tens of millions of fans who can watch the game on CCTV.

None?

Unless I'm mistaken, the Nielsen ratings reported only cover US and canada.

xnitemare
02-17-2014, 12:31 PM

You do realize this is favorite sports. I will bet that 90% posting about NBA fans favorite sport is football, with their second being hockey, baseball or basketball... and no where close to being auto racing. And there is the nut jobs who favorite sport and probably the only sport they follow is auto racing.

Daewoo_Lanos
02-17-2014, 12:50 PM
You do realize this is favorite sports. I will bet that 90% posting about NBA fans favorite sport is football, with their second being hockey, baseball or basketball... and no where close to being auto racing. And there is the nut jobs who favorite sport and probably the only sport they follow is auto racing.

This

Also, Bob barker is my brother crew

BullBoy8
02-17-2014, 01:04 PM

Oh shizzz, forgot you cant watch highlights and even full games from the past on youtube and other websites online now a days..........

oh wait

montecarlo
02-17-2014, 01:12 PM
lebron has mj, russell, kareem all rustled and insecure as **** because lebron is the goat. lmao hilarious.

BullBoy8
02-17-2014, 01:19 PM
lebron has mj, russell, kareem all rustled and insecure as **** because lebron is the goat. lmao hilarious.

haha the best is how obvious it is with MJ. He know Lebron is a threat for the GOAT so he always claims kobe is better, etc.

One thing I do agree with is that Kobe is the closest we will get to Jordan. And probably will be like that for minimum 20 years, maybe more. But that is because we have never seen a lebron. Magic is obviously the closest to lebron but he isnt on lebrons level.

Edit: and what is really crazy is that prime Rose>>>lebron

rusvik
02-17-2014, 01:38 PM
Lebron is like a slightly better Charles Barkley.

Sir Charles was just as good in the open court, a much better rebounder, much better post player, worse 3 point shooter, worse passer. They are also about the same size.

Charles best season:

25.6 ppg, 12.2 rpg, 5.1 apg, 1.6 spg, 1 bpg, shooting 52% fg, 30% 3pt, 75% ft.

Lebron gets 2 assists more, so what, Barkley got 5 more rebounds. Prime Sir Charles would dominate this pussy league where a white guy is the best rebounder.

I'm serious too. Try actually watching how well rounded he was. Just fukking watch this vid and tell me if you don't see much of the same:

mu3vkwP3GHQ

Cig Diesel
02-17-2014, 01:39 PM
90s is golden era. Im not denying that. And I have seen a lot of games and stuff from the 90s. (youtube, documentarys, etc. Can watch all the full games online. inb4 you had to be there to understand).

Im saying with the amount of talent in the nba, and how much better team ball, team defense, etc is right now and also becoming, the NBA is gonna enter ANOTHER golden era. Not saying it will be THEE golden era.

hehehe. And the fact that big men now a days have better handles than guards then his time. Cousins, Noah, Griffin, etc would be the best PGs in the game in the 70s and 80s.

hehehe repped (srs). I wouldnt say I am obese, but losing weight hehe. And played football at NDSU. Athletic enough to be on a natty title team I guess ;)

And every player in the NBA has been a rookie at some point, and they all seem to be doing ok. Takes more than 1 season to completely know the game buddy.

Didn't read thread but hopefully someone called you out on that downsy pg comment.

Babyframes
02-17-2014, 01:51 PM

Thread over, and this is why it makes old school vs new school impossible, since the beautiful thing about time is, you only remember the good things about the legends because it's all they'll show nowadays on TV and on youtube. You don't remember how many times these phaggots choked, or played poorly, and because of that, they appear perfect. Lmfao utter nonsense.

Lettuce be fukking reality, any star nowadays would be a star back then. Dead ass srs. Lebron, KD, Melo, Kobe, any other superstar would annihilate back then. Players nowadays are simply superior. More strength, speed, athleticism, skill on average. Cry about flopping all you want to(even though this was STILL prevalent back in the 90s days, you just don't remember it), they're much better nowadays. Period.

L2U4JSrpO78

Lol, am I supposed to be fukkin impressed by this ****? Please, and honestly, the ONLY big man who impressed me back in the day was Hakeem. I can say with confidence he'd destroy nowadays, can't say the same for 90% of the others, but of course. 90s = OLD = OMG OLD AUTOMATICALLY GREAT!

Pls go.

rusvik
02-17-2014, 01:57 PM
Thread over, and this is why it makes old school vs new school impossible, since the beautiful thing about time is, you only remember the good things about the legends because it's all they'll show nowadays on TV and on youtube. You don't remember how many times these phaggots choked, or played poorly, and because of that, they appear perfect. Lmfao utter nonsense.

Lettuce be fukking reality, any star nowadays would be a star back then. Dead ass srs. Lebron, KD, Melo, Kobe, any other superstar would annihilate back then. Players nowadays are simply superior. More strength, speed, athleticism, skill on average. Cry about flopping all you want to(even though this was STILL prevalent back in the 90s days, you just don't remember it), they're much better nowadays. Period.

You're delusional. The 90s isn't even 20 years away and the PEDs and squatting they have today was also available back then, because you honestly don't think the general sports athletes have become much more athletic in less than a generation. That's like saying Miguel Indurain pre-epo is less of a rider than Lance Armstrong lol.

Babyframes
02-17-2014, 02:00 PM
You're delusional. The 90s isn't even 20 years away and the PEDs and squatting they have today was also available back then, because you honestly don't think the general sports athletes have become much more athletic in less than a generation.

No, the only delusional one here is you goon. I'm basing this strictly off of what I see, and on average players back in the day aren't remotely as impressive as what I'm seeing now. Only a select few. All there is to it.

montecarlo
02-17-2014, 02:00 PM
haha the best is how obvious it is with MJ. He know Lebron is a threat for the GOAT so he always claims kobe is better, etc.

One thing I do agree with is that Kobe is the closest we will get to Jordan. And probably will be like that for minimum 20 years, maybe more. But that is because we have never seen a lebron. Magic is obviously the closest to lebron but he isnt on lebrons level.

agreed with everything up until you brought up rose....you never stop trolling do you?

MCrow
02-17-2014, 02:05 PM

L2U4JSrpO78

Lol, am I supposed to be fukkin impressed by this ****? Please, and honestly, the ONLY big man who impressed me back in the day was Hakeem. I can say with confidence he'd destroy nowadays, can't say the same for 90% of the others, but of course. 90s = OLD = OMG OLD AUTOMATICALLY GREAT!

Pls go.

Wilt in his prime was benching 500+ pounds, lifted with Arnold. He was as good an athlete you'll find at center in any era, including today.

I agree that generally speaking players are more athletic now but Wilt is an exception and that is part of the reason why he could dominate and score 50 points a game for a whole season. In spite of what people think he wasn't the only big man in the league but he was by far the best athlete in the league and also among the biggest. If Wilt played today he'd probably still be in the top 3 scoring and probably lead the league in blocks and rebounding.

BullBoy8
02-17-2014, 02:06 PM
Didn't read thread but hopefully someone called you out on that downsy pg comment.

No one called me on it because it is true.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3752261/griffinPG.gif

agreed with everything up until you brought up rose....you never stop trolling do you?

I cant agree with you on everything. And I want that Bulls Heat rivalry back. Bulls-Heat>>>Pacers-Heat. Sucks that Rose went down

ikc-uM_Ekkc

Cig Diesel
02-17-2014, 03:42 PM
No one called me on it because it is true.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3752261/griffinPG.gif

I cant agree with you on everything. And I want that Bulls Heat rivalry back. Bulls-Heat>>>Pacers-Heat. Sucks that Rose went down

ikc-uM_Ekkc

Lol so BG> say Pete maravich? Not sure if srs

cashinout
02-17-2014, 03:48 PM

Sir Charles was just as good in the open court, a much better rebounder, much better post player, worse 3 point shooter, worse passer. They are also about the same size.

Charles best season:

Lebron gets 2 assists more, so what, Barkley got 5 more rebounds. Prime Sir Charles would dominate this pussy league where a white guy is the best rebounder.

I'm serious too. Try actually watching how well rounded he was. Just fukking watch this vid and tell me if you don't see much of the same:

mu3vkwP3GHQ

the fact that Charles Barkley considers Lebron better than himself and is one of the biggest LeGOAT advocates means you are a potato

rusvik
02-17-2014, 03:54 PM
the fact that Charles Barkley considers Lebron better than himself and is one of the biggest LeGOAT advocates means you are a potato

That's not the question. Lebron is better than Barkley but not by much and the point is that Lebron fans like to believe that Lebron and his game is incredibly unique, when in fact Sir Charles was very much a similar player. Every bit as good in on the fastbreak and open court, could do it all, pass, shoot, drive, low post and one of the best rebounders ever at 6'6''. For some reason those couple of extra assists are valued higher than Barkleys insane rebounding. Doesn't make sense.

PureCardio
02-17-2014, 03:57 PM
1) OP was 13 fukin years old when Kobe was drafted, which means he is getting all high and mighty despite the fact that he can't even remember 80s basketball.

2) I would love to see Kareem try to get his shots off with wing players coming down for the trap.

3) lol at "big guys should get in the lane," brb but who was Detroit Piston level spacing?

cashinout
02-17-2014, 03:58 PM
That's not the question. Lebron is better than Barkley but not by much and the point is that Lebron fans like to believe that Lebron and his game is incredibly unique, when in fact Sir Charles was very much a similar player. Every bit as good in on the fastbreak and open court, could do it all, pass, shoot, drive, low post and one of the best rebounders ever at 6'6''. For some reason those couple of extra assists are valued higher than Barkleys insane rebounding. Doesn't make sense.

"a couple extra assists" when averaged out over a career equals a lot more assists than you think

lebron can score, rebound, assist, and play above average defense, is as big as a power forward but as fast as a point gaurd

barkley is nowhere near lebron

Daewoo_Lanos
02-17-2014, 04:18 PM
"a couple extra assists" when averaged out over a career equals a lot more assists than you think

lebron can score, rebound, assist, and play above average defense, is as big as a power forward but as fast as a point gaurd

barkley is nowhere near lebron

Bruh why are you seriously engaging his Barkley phaggotry?

It's literally the worst comparison of all time. Even other LeGOAT haters roll their eyes when this phaggot brings it up

cashinout
02-17-2014, 04:21 PM

It's literally the worst comparison of all time. Even other LeGOAT haters roll their eyes when this phaggot brings it up

I should have known this wasn't his only display of retardation

socrates07
02-17-2014, 04:51 PM

wut?

you know if you put the numbers right next to each other and didn't tell people who was who, you couldn't tell a difference

rusvik
02-17-2014, 04:58 PM
wut?

you know if you put the numbers right next to each other and didn't tell people who was who, you couldn't tell a difference

Lol this.

What is it that makes Lebron's stats so amazing? He has a couple more assists and Barkley has significantly more rebounds while being shorter than Lebron.

Lebron is benefitting from the no handcheck rules and no big man rules. I just lol when people think Lebron could get by someone like Scottie Pippen with handcheck or get a layup on Hakeem or Mutombo.

LetMeBang
02-17-2014, 05:06 PM

Pls go.

do you know how impressive it was to get 28/17 on a nightly basis as a big man back in the day? There was handchecking and the defensive 3 second rule was not enforced. The paint was literally packed with a bunch of big guys. Players like melo, kobe, lebron, and kd would get pummeled trying to drive to the basket because the defenders would be waiting for them in the paint. Fouls weren't called as often as today and the flow of the game was way more entertaining back then (when i first saw bball in the mid 90's).
only big man that impressed u was hakeem? did u forget david robinson, shaq, drexler, ewing, divac, malone, pippen, mullen, mourning, juwan howard, kemp? and that's just in the 90's. The big guys in today's league would not be an all star in the 90's

SighGR
02-17-2014, 05:10 PM
shame we will never see that D Rose again. Even if his knee is right, mentally he isnt there

Daewoo_Lanos
02-17-2014, 05:12 PM
wut?

i lol'd. these are the career stats for both of them in only their seasons as All-Stars, so we get a true sense of their peak statistical potential:

24.3 pts, 11.9 rebs, 4.2 asts, 8.6 FG, 15.8 FGA, 54.5% fg, 27.3% 3pt, 74.0% FT, 1.6 stls, 0.8 blks

28.2 pts, 7.4 rebs, 7.0 asts, 10.1 FG, 20.1 FGA, 50.3% fg, 34.2% 3pt, 74.7% FT, 1.7 stls, 0.8 blks

yep, can't tell any kind of difference at all. literally IMPOSSIBLE to tell their games apart.

no one would ever be able to tell that because one guy has a top 20 in history reb/g average while the other has a top 3 PPG AND top 25 in history ast/g average that one guy was in the paint all day except for when he went full retard and pretended he could shoot 3s, and the other was a threat from everywhere, including when he wasn't shooting.

no, everyone would think these were identical players who basically played the same position. the statistical difference probably come down to different eras.

rusvik
02-17-2014, 05:25 PM
i lol'd. these are the career stats for both of them in only their seasons as All-Stars, so we get a true sense of their peak statistical potential:

24.3 pts, 11.9 rebs, 4.2 asts, 8.6 FG, 15.8 FGA, 54.5% fg, 27.3% 3pt, 74.0% FT, 1.6 stls, 0.8 blks

28.2 pts, 7.4 rebs, 7.0 asts, 10.1 FG, 20.1 FGA, 50.3% fg, 34.2% 3pt, 74.7% FT, 1.7 stls, 0.8 blks

yep, can't tell any kind of difference at all. literally IMPOSSIBLE to tell their games apart.

no one would ever be able to tell that because one guy has a top 20 in history reb/g average while the other has a top 3 PPG AND top 25 in history ast/g average that one guy was in the paint all day except for when he went full retard and pretended he could shoot 3s, and the other was a threat from everywhere, including when he wasn't shooting.

no, everyone would think these were identical players who basically played the same position. the statistical difference probably come down to different eras.

What I see is Lebron shooting 4 more field goals accounting for 2-3 ppg more than Barkley, which makes the difference in scoring 24.3 vs 25.2. Then I'd like to see average touches pr. offense or a usage stat on both in which case, I think Lebrons 2.8 more apg wouldn't look as impressive as Barkley's 4.5 rpg more. Should I say again, Barkley was 6'6'' and Lebron is 6'8''.

3 more apg when Barkley played with a 10 apg point guard in Kevin Johnson.

Yeah, I think Barley could have gotten those extra 3 apg if he had dominated the ball like Lebron.

The fact is that Barkley had all the skills to rack up Lebron stats had he wanted to play the same game as Lebron. Barkley played power forward on paper but during any given offense he would be a guard, a forward and center. He was one of the most versatile players ever.

Daewoo_Lanos
02-17-2014, 05:28 PM
What I see is Lebron shooting 4 more field goals accounting for 2-3 ppg more than Barkley, which makes the difference in scoring 24.3 vs 25.2. Then I'd like to see average touches pr. offense or a usage stat on both in which case, I think Lebrons 2.8 more apg wouldn't look as impressive as Barkley's 4.5 rpg more. Should I say again, Barkley was 6'6'' and Lebron is 6'8''.

3 more apg when Barkley played with a 10 apg point guard in Kevin Johnson.

Yeah, I think Barley could have gotten those extra 3 apg if he had dominated the ball like Lebron.

The fact is that Barkley had all the skills to rack up Lebron stats had he wanted to play the same game as Lebron. Barkley played power forward on paper but during any given offense he would be a guard, a forward and center. He was one of the most versatile players ever.

i dont give a fuk what you see. did not read anything after the first 3 words. shut the fuk up.

jross2021
02-17-2014, 05:31 PM
i dont give a fuk what you see. did not read anything after the first 3 words. shut the fuk up.

haha this is awesome.

Someone pointed out that you ride a lot of dick and never get off, but I had to see it for myself. LeBron must be giving you that good dick **** boy.

Daewoo_Lanos
02-17-2014, 05:33 PM
haha this is awesome.

Someone pointed out that you ride a lot of dick and never get off, but I had to see it for myself. LeBron must be giving you that good dick **** boy.

you had to see 2 guys riding dick for yourself?

pls go phaggot. you disgust me

sdballer5588
02-17-2014, 05:48 PM
Kareem is literally the most bitter player of all time. Him, Russell and Oscar were the 3 most bitter players of all time.

Russell and Oscar had real racial reasons for how upset they were. Kareem is just a fking baby.

BullBoy8
02-17-2014, 06:45 PM
Lol this.

What is it that makes Lebron's stats so amazing? He has a couple more assists and Barkley has significantly more rebounds while being shorter than Lebron.

Lebron is benefitting from the no handcheck rules and no big man rules. I just lol when people think Lebron could get by someone like Scottie Pippen with handcheck or get a layup on Hakeem or Mutombo.

Hahaha at thinking the pippens, gary paytons, etc of the world could stop Lebron, Rose, Durant, Westbrook, Kobe (prime), etcs with hand checking. Best case scenario would be slowing them down, let alone actually stopping them.

Maximum
02-17-2014, 06:47 PM

Charles best season:

mu3vkwP3GHQ

not responding to all that other tirades on here about what generation ball was/is better. just wanted to comment that I think a prime Grant Hill is a better comparison for Bron...Grant Hill at Mailman size.

rusvik
02-17-2014, 07:04 PM
not responding to all that other tirades on here about what generation ball was/is better. just wanted to comment that I think a prime Grant Hill is a better comparison for Bron...Grant Hill at Mailman size.

I agree, prime Grant Hill was also a monster in his best season before he got hurt (and never recovered), take his third season for example:

21.4 ppg, 9 rpg, 7.3 apg, 1.8 spg while shooting 50% on 15 attempts pr. game, bump him up to Lebron's 20 attempts and you have about 27 ppg on his points per attempt.

Another player who puts up just as good or better stats than Lebron.

This is too easy. Face it people, Lebron is nothing special.

rusvik
02-17-2014, 07:06 PM
Hahaha at thinking the pippens, gary paytons, etc of the world could stop Lebron, Rose, Durant, Westbrook, Kobe (prime), etcs with hand checking. Best case scenario would be slowing them down, let alone actually stopping them.

Lol you must be kidding me. Jordan would be quite literally unstoppable with the modern rules, no handchek, good luck staying in front of Jordan, no big man in the lane, good luck being posterized every play.

Jordan could get 40 ppg EASY with modern rules.

BullBoy8
02-17-2014, 07:18 PM
Lol you must be kidding me. Jordan would be quite literally unstoppable with the modern rules, no handchek, good luck staying in front of Jordan, no big man in the lane, good luck being posterized every play.

Probably wouldnt score anymore than Durant, Melo, etc.

rusvik
02-17-2014, 07:24 PM

You're probably just trolling, but Jordan scored more than those guys at 35. Kobe who some of you worship played with Jordan. There is a complete overlap. So did Iverson the chuckster champion. Jordan outscored him at his last legs lol.

There would be no stopping Jordan without the hand check. And with the lack of big men and modern flagrant rules. Easy 40 ppg, probably closer to 50 at 60 fg%. DPOY every year. MVP 10 years in a row. Would win every championship in the 00s.

Spill512
02-17-2014, 07:25 PM

You are a professional potato. There are no centers in this league. There is no handchecking. Jordan would have a field day. Jordan is arguably the greatest scorer of all time. Melo has never even averaged 30 ppg once. The fukc.

You call yourself a Bulls fan comparing Jordan to Melo.

cor030
02-17-2014, 07:30 PM
why are NBE fans obsessed with old ass players they haven't seen play outside of some youtube highlight reels? FFS focus on the plentiful amount of stars we have today and stop living in the past. the game has changed, sitting here "WELL IF SO AND SO PLAYED IN THIS ERA THEY'D BE SOOOoSOSosoo BAD LOL" is virtually meaningless, who in the fukking fuk gives a sh*t?

I can't sit here and act like MLB/NFL doesn't have some of the same bullsh*t, though.

annoying as fukk.

rusvik
02-17-2014, 07:37 PM
The reason people care is because the same reason that Justin Bieber isn't the Beatles despite both being hugely popular pop stars.

BullBoy8
02-17-2014, 07:43 PM
You're probably just trolling, but Jordan scored more than those guys at 35. Kobe who some of you worship played with Jordan. There is a complete overlap. So did Iverson the chuckster champion. Jordan outscored him at his last legs lol.

There would be no stopping Jordan without the hand check. And with the lack of big men and modern flagrant rules. Easy 40 ppg, probably closer to 50 at 60 fg%. DPOY every year. MVP 10 years in a row. Would win every championship in the 00s.

You are a professional potato. There are no centers in this league. There is no handchecking. Jordan would have a field day. Jordan is arguably the greatest scorer of all time. Melo has never even averaged 30 ppg once. The fukc.

You call yourself a Bulls fan comparing Jordan to Melo.

How many shots do you guys expect him to put up per game?

For his career he avged 22.9 shots per game and 30.1pts per game for career. Both those numbers go up if you take his wizard years away obviously. Durant so far in Feb has avged 23.9 shots per game at 33.1 pts per game.

If he puts up even 22 shots at 60%. Let's say he avgs two 3s per game at 35%. So .7/3. And then goes 63% from 2s. So 12.6/20 on 2s. Overall 13.3/22 shooting which is 60.4% shooting from the field. That is 27.3pts. Durant is the FT leader at 9.7 attempts per game. So lets put Jordan at 12 attempts per game at 85% from the line. That is 10.2 pts. So 10.2+27.3 equals 37.5pts total.

So I guess if he shoots 60% on 22 shots plus 85% from the line at 12 attempts per game. He can avg 37.5pts per game. I dont think he would shoot 60%, but he did get to the line 11.9 times per game one year, so I guess getting to the line 12 times, that could easily happen.

Funny that he got to the line 12 times per game in a season. I wonder if there was a misc, that people would cry about him getting all his points at the line like they do Durant. And yes they did call ticky tack stuff in the 90s too. Let's not act like they didnt.

And I do believe Jordan is the GOAT by the way.

GetBigyo
02-17-2014, 07:52 PM

I was looking for a good laugh today..

Thank you.

bigcc
02-17-2014, 08:53 PM

So your reasoning is that people saw the geriatric vs. the "real" Kareem, then tell people to go watch him play Wilt in his twilight years. Kareem was 10 years younger and Wilt had a bad knee.

gswarrior510
02-17-2014, 09:07 PM
Kareem has always been a ***got

PureCardio
02-17-2014, 09:42 PM

I like how people say LeBron couldn't get through a hand check... but they also conveniently forget that he has a 7'0" wingspan at ~260 lbs. He has been voted to 5 All defensive teams in a no hand-check league, he would completely shut down all of the non-lifting wing players in the past, that would be fukin ugly.

Also, we've seen what LeBron can do in the post when Wade is healthy enough to run the offense. I'd like to see 6'6" 210 Rodman try to stop 260 lb 6'8" James with no wing help on the double.

PureCardio
02-17-2014, 09:44 PM

There was no handcheck allowed on Jordan anyways. Dude shot like 9 FTs a game as a 35 year old man, lol at you thinking he played by the same rules.

Mitch1313
02-17-2014, 09:50 PM

Stupidest post of 2014 goes to this phaggot.