PDA

View Full Version : Final Year Project - Cultured Meat

justaKidAZ
02-17-2014, 04:10 AM
Hi Bodyspacers,

I'm currently carrying out a project on the potential of introducing cultured meat into the market and wanted the opinions of those who undergo gym regimes regularly and what they would want from meat.

1) Currently where do you obtain your protein source?

2) If the price was the same, would you be more inclined to buy protein from an exotic source (camel, alpaca, aligator etc) or stay with a common source (chicken, beef, fish etc)?

3) What are the most important nutritional aspects you looks for in a meat product (high protein, high fat etc)

I did have a survey sorted, but unfortunately I cant post the link on here...

All surveys are anonymous and this would really help me in my project. Any questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you

KaylaElizabeth
02-17-2014, 04:24 AM
I get my protein primarily from whey, eggs, and chicken breast. I do not like "red meat."
If alligator was in season all year and was the same, there is not a single doubt that eat Id eat alligator instead of chicken. BBQ alligator tail or fried alligator poboys are delicious. The same goes for ostrich. One could only hope.
As for nutritional aspects, high protein (has to be at least 25g/serving) , low fat ( less than 5g/serving, I always trim if otherwise.)

HealingHands8
02-17-2014, 04:36 AM
1) whey, chicken, milk, beef, ham, cheese

2) common source

3) depends on what protein source and whether cutting/bulking. Steak I look for high fat cuts, same with chicken (thighs) when bulking, leaner cuts when cutting