PDA

View Full Version : Bill Russell tells Lebron what he thinks of Mt. Rushmore

SighGR
02-16-2014, 11:49 PM
Bill Russell to LeBron James during the pre-game (per Craig Sager):

"Thank you for leaving me off your Mount Rushmore. I'm glad you did. Basketball is a team game. Its not for individual honors. I won back-to-back state championships in highschool. Back-to-back NCAA championships in college. I won an NBA championship my first year in the league. An NBA championship my last year. 9 in between. And that, Mr. James, is etched in stone."

http://illmaterial.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/ether-e1296908676217.gif

Future24
02-16-2014, 11:52 PM
Bill Russel played against white guys.

Spill512
02-16-2014, 11:54 PM
Lebron is literally retarded putting Oscar Robertson in there over Kareem, Russell, Wilt, etc.

SighGR
02-16-2014, 11:55 PM
Lebron is literally retarded putting Oscar Robertson in there over Kareem, Russell, Wilt, etc.
It's like he picked a random old guy, that he knew his accomplishments were already better than

BerimBROlo
02-16-2014, 11:57 PM
Waiting for the imminent "LeBron sucks" argument.

HumptyBrah
02-16-2014, 11:57 PM
Lebron plays against pussies who spend half the game flopping.

Babyframes
02-17-2014, 12:00 AM
Lmfao what a bunch of women. Dude got asked a question, he gave his opinion. Cry about it phaggots.

CamNCheese
02-17-2014, 12:02 AM
"Lebron's opinions made me upset."
- Bill Russell

kgzk111
02-17-2014, 12:04 AM
Lmfao what a bunch of women. Dude got asked a question, he gave his opinion. Cry about it phaggots.

i know right

some of these people are such sensitive phaggots

man up you pussies

sdballer5588
02-17-2014, 12:07 AM
Honestly that was such a butthurt and bitter response from Bill Russell. I honestly wish he had said nothing. That sounds so pathetic.

BerimBROlo
02-17-2014, 12:08 AM
Bill Rustled is lucky LeBron James didn't list down his own accomplishments.

IAmTheOne1
02-17-2014, 12:10 AM
i know right
some of these people are such sensitive phaggots
man up you pussies So you're calling out people for crying about Lebrons views when you're crying about people giving their own views

Logic, not even once

Big_Pete1000
02-17-2014, 12:11 AM
That is a impressive resume from high school on up

sdballer5588
02-17-2014, 12:20 AM
So you're calling out people for crying about Lebrons views when you're crying about people giving their own views

Logic, not even once

Except their "views" are based solely on that opinion of someone else, usually incredulously, not some other arbitrary question, in fact Russell went WAY OUT OF HIS WAY to basically sound like a bitter old man.

srom12
02-17-2014, 12:32 AM
shot fired!!

but seriously lebron would fuking school most legends back in the day, the game has got much harder and defense alot better IMO half of the past crazy records should not be used since the game was nothing compared to todays standards

EuropeanHammer
02-17-2014, 12:33 AM
Bill Russell played in the league over 50 years ago, LeBron would have averaged 100 ppg in that time period

BerimBROlo
02-17-2014, 12:36 AM
Bill Russell played in the league over 50 years ago, LeBron would have averaged 100 ppg in that time period

This probably would have happened if LeBron played in Bill Russell's era:

MVToi7Z_6YU

Spill512
02-17-2014, 12:40 AM

His top 4 is Jordan, Magic, Bird, Oscar Robertson.

Tell me which one of those doesn't belong and who also played 50 years ago like Russell.

I don't even have Bill in my top 4, but that's because Kareem is in it. Lebron's list is full on potato.

IAmTheOne1
02-17-2014, 12:42 AM
Except their "views" are based solely on that opinion of someone else, usually incredulously, not some other arbitrary question, in fact Russell went WAY OUT OF HIS WAY to basically sound like a bitter old man. So we can't have opinions of other peoples opinions now? But other people can have opinions about peoples opinions on Lebron?
Can't have it both ways

And I don't see where Russel was bitter there (was it shown on tv?). He just gave his opinion. He just stated the facts of his amazing career in a cheeky way. I thought it was actually amusing

EuropeanHammer
02-17-2014, 12:43 AM

Tell me which one of those doesn't belong and who also played 50 years ago like Russell.

I do agree that Big O doesn't belong on that list but when it comes to accolades It doesn't matter because the nba had like 14 teams at the time if im not mistaken.

SighGR
02-17-2014, 12:45 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2817947/billbored.gif

I do agree that Big O doesn't belong on that list but when it comes to accolades It doesn't matter because the nba had like 14 teams at the time if im not mistaken.
Explain why Russell was so dominant then.

yourname2221
02-17-2014, 12:54 AM
I dont give a **** how many championships Bill won. He isn't top 5. He played at a time when there was 9 teams in the league, 9 ****ing teams like really and he had the second biggest market at the time with the organization who wanted to win the most. Being the best against so little comp 50 years ago means he should be remembered but since hindsight is 20/20 its clear he shouldn't be up there.

1800_Cool_Guy
02-17-2014, 12:54 AM
I like Bill Russell. I read his book and what not. But the only reason he is regarded as a goat is simply because he was one of the first 'greats' in the NBA when in reality he did all his work against a bunch of white manlets. Plug in prime Russell in todays league and you have yourself a Robin Lopez.

SighGR
02-17-2014, 01:01 AM
I like Bill Russell. I read his book and what not. But the only reason he is regarded as a goat is simply because he was one of the first 'greats' in the NBA when in reality he did all his work against a bunch of white manlets. Put plug in prime Russell in todays league and you have yourself a Robin Lopez.
j2AlFrOj5Mc

Wilt, Thurmond, Bellamy, Reed were all short white guys. The average height back then to now, is very similar. It's only about an inch difference, and that can be attributed to more teams.

Look at this little white guy
http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz259/HolyGrailSports/1970s-NateThurmond.jpg

HumptyBrah
02-17-2014, 01:06 AM
Did he even legs?

Spill512
02-17-2014, 01:07 AM
Plug in prime Russell in todays league and you have yourself a Robin Lopez.

lmfao

what the ****

EAD7L_GWkb0

SighGR
02-17-2014, 01:10 AM
Did he even legs?
http://prohoopshistory.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/nate-thurmond.jpg%3Fw%3D869

UsernameTaken
02-17-2014, 01:12 AM
Lebron plays against pussies who spend half the game flopping.2nd ether right here

brb_ballin
02-17-2014, 01:15 AM
Honestly that was such a butthurt and bitter response from Bill Russell. I honestly wish he had said nothing. That sounds so pathetic.

Lebron could kick a dog in the face and you would still be like "can't believe that dog disrespected LeBron, he clearly deserved it."

good think you only need to type on a form and not speak... would be impossible with that much LeCock jammed down your throat.

also Bron picked Big O because it's someone who has a similar style game to him therefore he can be like "Big O was on it, and im better than him therefore I'm now on it."

HumptyBrah
02-17-2014, 01:17 AM
http://prohoopshistory.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/nate-thurmond.jpg%3Fw%3D869
Gotta bring back those Warriors unis

ShweezyBTFO
02-17-2014, 01:17 AM
"Lebron's opinions made me upset."
- Bill Russell

lol this.

ne12o
02-17-2014, 01:21 AM
j2AlFrOj5Mc

Wilt, Thurmond, Bellamy, Reed were all short white guys. The average height back then to now, is very similar. It's only about an inch difference, and that can be attributed to more teams.

ur video basically shows him runnign through a bunch of whtie manlets then doing a lay up

BeforeTheDawn
02-17-2014, 01:36 AM
mt rushrome

bird
nowitzki
love
parson

1800_Cool_Guy
02-17-2014, 01:58 AM
j2AlFrOj5Mc

So you post a video of Russell going coast to coast with a bunch of manlets trailing and jumping over a manlet for a lay up. What am I missing here.

THEHEADLIN3R
02-17-2014, 02:08 AM
Poverty Mt Rushmore.

The real one is Magic, Kareem, Kobe and Wilt.

SighGR
02-17-2014, 02:11 AM
So you post a video of Russell going coast to coast with a bunch of manlets trailing and jumping over a manlet for a lay up. What am I missing here.
How about all world athleticism? Comparing him to Robin Lopez is a joke. On top of that, every coach and hall of famer praises Russell's instincts and knowledge.

6'9 Ben Wallace anchored a fantastic defense in the modern era, and you guys act like Russell would get trounced.

sdballer5588
02-17-2014, 02:22 AM
Lebron could kick a dog in the face and you would still be like "can't believe that dog disrespected LeBron, he clearly deserved it."

good think you only need to type on a form and not speak... would be impossible with that much LeCock jammed down your throat.

also Bron picked Big O because it's someone who has a similar style game to him therefore he can be like "Big O was on it, and im better than him therefore I'm now on it."

Or it was just his opinion.

Strong irony , LeBron could personally give you his house and quit basketball for life and you'd make a thread saying LeBron was such a piece of **** 10 seconds later.

Eat another twinkie you fat sack of trash. Good thing only typing is necessary because you would never gather the courage to speak in real life. The sadness in your posts in indicative of someone who has a jersey as their avi on a bodybuilding website.

Get it together. Must run in your family, disrespecting the games greats as they play. Bet your dad was a serious Michael Jordan hater, since you know, Jordan was actually pretty much the biggest piece of **** to ever walk the face of the earth, but HIM being good at basketball gets him a pass.

How dare LeBron James give his opinion to reporters.

Amaso
02-17-2014, 02:24 AM
How about all world athleticism? Comparing him to Robin Lopez is a joke. On top of that, every coach and hall of famer praises Russell's instincts and knowledge.

6'9 Ben Wallace anchored a fantastic defense in the modern era, and you guys act like Russell would get trounced.

He wouldn't be an "all-world" athletic freak in today's NBA though.

Where does ben wallace rank on the all-time list though? Even if Bill Russell would be the best defender in the NBA(not entirely sure he would be)... he wouldn't be considered a superstar and surely wouldn't make even a top 25 all-time list on solely defensive merits. People conveniently forget that Bill Russell was so inept offensively that he could only manage 44% fg(and like 14ppg i think career averages) shooting in an era where he was physically dominating.

Spill512
02-17-2014, 02:24 AM

Strong irony , LeBron could personally give you his house and quit basketball for life and you'd make a thread saying LeBron was such a piece of **** 10 seconds later.

Eat another twinkie you fat sack of trash. Good thing only typing is necessary because you would never gather the courage to speak in real life. The sadness in your posts in indicative of someone who has a jersey as their avi on a bodybuilding website.

Get it together. Must run in your family, disrespecting the games greats as they play. Bet your dad was a serious Michael Jordan hater, since you know, Jordan was actually pretty much the biggest piece of **** to ever walk the face of the earth, but HIM being good at basketball gets him a pass.

sAYuOc7_TKg

ShweezyBTFO
02-17-2014, 02:25 AM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/4304232/dwyane-wade-damn-o.gif

brb_ballin:

0yK4lxBarpE

sdballer5588
02-17-2014, 02:26 AM
sAYuOc7_TKg

wJByp1NQdAY

Don't be mad that if every phaggot on this forum wants to try to start some poetry slam about how hard they are online they're going to get served raw on the medium of their choice. Typed words.

ShweezyBTFO
02-17-2014, 02:41 AM

I just gotta say, this is potato as FUK cuz. Who gives a fuk about a dog when it comes to a human being? You must be one of the pieces of **** who literally hate Vick for the whole dog fighting thing. Your kind is pathetic. You mad my Curt prediction was pure wizardry?

eDDmCoJeIJI

maxnas
02-17-2014, 03:05 AM

this

rusvik
02-17-2014, 06:08 AM
Lol when white guys use hip hop slang as some sort of attack on others. That's just pathetic.

Lb54TG
02-17-2014, 06:32 AM
If you guys ever watched any wilt chamberlain highlights you can see that there was literally no defense because everyone else was tiny and white. And there were no 3 second or goaltending rules. So the guy would rack up blocks and rebounds and easily just out jump and out reach everyone.

Put shaq or let's say any other athletic 7 footer (shaq is just the most dominant), Howard 6'11, Drummond, deandre and they would also dominate.

NYCLegend21
02-17-2014, 06:51 AM
Lebron would shiit on anyone back then, including Russell. He looked like a giant but he was 6'9" lol fukn Melo would shiit on him.

He was just born at the right time and played the right sport on the right team. Brb played with like 4 Hall of Famers.

GetBigyo
02-17-2014, 07:15 AM
Russell seems salty as fukk. It's not like LeBron bashed him as his reasoning for leaving him off.

Jordan
Kareem
Magic
LeBron

Manletbolic
02-17-2014, 07:52 AM
cliffs on what happened?

compan
02-17-2014, 07:58 AM
It's not even a real fukking mountain

Vitamin0
02-17-2014, 07:59 AM

You missed the point

ProteinNCarbs
02-17-2014, 08:09 AM
"aw fuk bye"

~LeFlop James

StrongM477
02-17-2014, 08:10 AM
LeBron can't even answer a question anymore

Daewoo_Lanos
02-17-2014, 08:46 AM

I don't even have Bill in my top 4, but that's because Kareem is in it. Lebron's list is full on potato.

shut the fuk up. Oscar won the MVP about 5 minutes before Kareem came into the league. so shocking that Lebron would pick a 1960s version of himself as a top 4 player in history and the only player to break the 20k pts, 5k rebs, 5k ast barrier in less games than him.

Bill Russell played in a league where the #1 seed could play as few as 8 playoff games to win the NBA championship. i lol'd.

8 teams in the league. 6 teams make the playoffs.
Both #1 seeds get a first round bye. Then they played the first round winner in the conference finals.
Then the NBA finals. brb have to win 2 series to win the championship.. strong competition.

And you wonder why no one has made 4 straight finals in 30 years. Teams get run down. Meanwhile Russell's crew played the same 7 teams over and over then got a 2 week vacation right after the season to rest up for the GRIND of two best of 7 series.

YIAMSOMEBODY
02-17-2014, 09:02 AM
Kobe, Stockton, LeBron, Jordan

Murph0408
02-17-2014, 09:19 AM
hey look another salty old man upset about the opinion of Lebron

airdog93
02-17-2014, 09:45 AM
Russell seems salty as fukk. It's not like LeBron bashed him as his reasoning for leaving him off.

Jordan
Kareem
Magic
LeBron

lebron over bird? literally kill yourself

shut the fuk up. Oscar won the MVP about 5 minutes before Kareem came into the league. so shocking that Lebron would pick a 1960s version of himself as a top 4 player in history and the only player to break the 20k pts, 5k rebs, 5k ast barrier in less games than him.

Bill Russell played in a league where the #1 seed could play as few as 8 playoff games to win the NBA championship. i lol'd.

8 teams in the league. 6 teams make the playoffs.
Both #1 seeds get a first round bye. Then they played the first round winner in the conference finals.
Then the NBA finals. brb have to win 2 series to win the championship.. strong competition.

And you wonder why no one has made 4 straight finals in 30 years. Teams get run down. Meanwhile Russell's crew played the same 7 teams over and over then got a 2 week vacation right after the season to rest up for the GRIND of two best of 7 series.

as opposed to now? 75% of the eastern playoff teams (i.e. everyone but the pacers and heat) are literally fodder to drive up NBA/TNT's ratings. Please tell me about all the parity that exists in the nba today. Especially considering the NBA finals will come down to thunder/heat...for like the third time in 5 years. Would rather have less teams that are actually competitive than the bullchit that are the bucks, 76ers, knicks, nets, cavs, etc.

cashinout
02-17-2014, 10:04 AM
Please tell me more about how good an era is where one guy can get 11 rings
also tell me more about how much parity the NBA doesn't have these days

Daewoo_Lanos
02-17-2014, 10:10 AM
lebron over bird? literally kill yourself

as opposed to now? 75% of the eastern playoff teams (i.e. everyone but the pacers and heat) are literally fodder to drive up NBA/TNT's ratings. Please tell me about all the parity that exists in the nba today. Especially considering the NBA finals will come down to thunder/heat...for like the third time in 5 years. Would rather have less teams that are actually competitive than the bullchit that are the bucks, 76ers, knicks, nets, cavs, etc.

who gives a fuk about fodder.

the first round typically means 4-6 more playoff games that must be played including airports and late night hotel check-ins. oh wait and then there's the second round. which is typically 5-7 additional playoff games and even more late night flights and hotel check-ins. going to bed at 4am and waking up on inadequate sleep to practice.

getting 2 weeks off after the season and then starting the playoffs in the conference finals is an absolute fukn joke in comparison. shut the fuk up.

airdog93
02-17-2014, 10:24 AM
who gives a fuk about fodder.

the first round typically means 5-6 more playoff games that must be played including airports and late night hotel check-ins. oh wait and then there's the second round. which is typically 5-7 additional playoff games and even more late night flights and hotel check-ins. going to bed at 4am and waking up on inadequate sleep to practice.

getting 2 weeks off after the season and then starting the playoffs in the conference finals is an absolute fukn joke in comparison. shut the fuk up.

yeah its not like the spurs or the heat coast in the regular season at all. Not like wade duncan parker ginobli all get extra rest during the year. And seeing as how youre bitching about russell winning with less teams, 'fodder' makes a huge deal because it provides the illusion of a full league, with many somewhat equal teams. When in reality there are 4-5 good teams...same as russells era

SuperStudGG
02-17-2014, 10:50 AM
This probably would have happened if LeBron played in Bill Russell's era:

MVToi7Z_6YU

This probably, no, more likely would have happened if LeBron had played during Jordan and Malone's era.

6bM-Y4UoiAY

rusvik
02-17-2014, 10:58 AM
shut the fuk up. Oscar won the MVP about 5 minutes before Kareem came into the league. so shocking that Lebron would pick a 1960s version of himself

Robertson was nothing like Lebron if you actually watch him play. He was a quick, larger (for the time), jumpshooting guard. All the video I have seen from Oscar is off a guy with great dribbling shoot jumpers or pass to the big guy. He was like Jason Kidd, if Kidd actually could shoot.

rusvik
02-17-2014, 11:00 AM
This probably, no, more likely would have happened if LeBron had played during Jordan and Malone's era.

6bM-Y4UoiAY

Ouch, now that is a flagrant.

I honestly think we would have seen Lebron in tears frequently if he played during Jordan's era.

cashinout
02-17-2014, 11:02 AM

6bM-Y4UoiAY

is this supposed to be a good thing?

its a basketball game, not a gladiator match

SuperStudGG
02-17-2014, 11:09 AM
is this supposed to be a good thing?

its a basketball game, not a gladiator match

It's the way the game was played. Whether you like it or not, that was the product. You can't go picking the the aspects you like or not. Lebron would have been tossed around like a rag doll in prison. Not saying Lebron wouldn't be able to play, just stating the facts.

Plus, my post was in response to what it would be if Lebron had no competition and everything handed to him. My response was to the opposite effect. U can't just mention the Upside and pretend there was no downside playing in different times.

cashinout
02-17-2014, 11:12 AM
It's the way the game was played. Whether you like it or not, that was the product. You can't go picking the the aspects you like or not. Lebron would have been tossed around like a rag doll in prison. Not saying Lebron wouldn't be able to play, just stating the facts.

Plus, my post was in response to what it would be if Lebron had no competition and everything handed to him. My response was to the opposite effect. U can't just mention the Upside and pretend there was no downside playing in different times.

yea a 6'8-9 250lb guy who runs as quick as a point gaurd would get tossed around

wtf would happen to a 6'6 kobe then? or a 170lb durant?

p.s nobody is immune to an elbow to the eye no matter how big or tough you are

Workout4ever
02-17-2014, 11:13 AM
seems like legoat

russelled his jimmies

brb_ballin
02-17-2014, 11:14 AM

lmao @ your entire post.

please post all the LeBron threads I've started. I rarely post in all the phaggotry knob gobbling Bron threads.

in fact if you go to the original Mt. Rush thread I said MJ, Magic, Bird, Bron.... could happen. Not yet but eventually.

I respect his basketball skill but jesus have some self respect. He acts like a phaggot often yet you'll continue to look the other way and defend him till the end even when you know he's being a phaggot. The blinders put up for the love of another man is cute given the recent Valentine's Day but good lord that's a lot of imaginary dick sucking you do.

ShweezyBTFO
02-17-2014, 11:18 AM
lmao @ your entire post.

please post all the LeBron threads I've started. I rarely post in all the phaggotry knob gobbling Bron threads.

in fact if you go to the original Mt. Rush thread I said MJ, Magic, Bird, Bron.... could happen. Not yet but eventually.

I respect his basketball skill but jesus have some self respect. He acts like a phaggot often yet you'll continue to look the other way and defend him till the end even when you know he's being a phaggot. The blinders put up for the love of another man is cute given the recent Valentine's Day but good lord that's a lot of imaginary dick sucking you do.

5/10 response but please quote the ether next time.

BillTheBro
02-17-2014, 11:33 AM

This lol, 3 guards plus bird in a league that was dominated by centers for the vast majority of it's existence.

Pretty sure he just picked an all star at random from the earlier era with Robertson to sound like he knew his history.

Blacryan
02-17-2014, 11:34 AM
LeFlop will be king of Mount Flopmore.

MCrow
02-17-2014, 11:34 AM
With all respect, to Russell who is one of the GOATS:

It's easier to rack up championships when you have a 4 other HOFers in the starting 5 with you and at worst two other HOFers.

Russell was the GOAT rebounder but I don't think he'd be on my Mt.Rushmore either.

alphadodger
02-17-2014, 12:00 PM

Fanboy response 101 right here.

This is the sports misc, where a bunch of 20 something year old males who have never set foot on a NBA basketball court in a competitive setting believe they are more qualified to speak on the subject of basketball's "mount rushmore" than one of the greatest NBA players EVER.

If a former NBA player's personal opinion disagrees with Lebron and the collective fanboy opinion, they are labeled as "bitter", "butthurt" "pathetic" etc.

Any disagreement with the ESPN/sports misc hivemind is seen as wrong....lulz this place is so predictable.

bananabucket
02-17-2014, 12:05 PM
lmao decimated

bananabucket
02-17-2014, 12:06 PM

This is the sports misc,the collective fanboy opinion, they are labeled as "bitter", "butthurt" "pathetic" etc.

lulz this place is so predictable.

you quoted sdballer. we are not all that amazingly stupid.

SighGR
02-17-2014, 12:11 PM
If you guys ever watched any wilt chamberlain highlights you can see that there was literally no defense because everyone else was tiny and white.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/089/4/1/skyhookgif3_by_dantheman9758-d4uenol.gif

http://i43.tinypic.com/11icsox.gif

He wouldn't be an "all-world" athletic freak in today's NBA though.

Of course he would be, because he's coordinated. You guys act like humans evolved in 30 years. Russell would have the same access to massages, first class travel, and PEDs every other guy has today.

MCrow
02-17-2014, 12:22 PM
Wilt was eqaul or better athletically with pretty much any center in any era of basketball. The dude was pretty mich built like Dwight Howard but had 2x the skill level all around. If he was in his prime today, he'd probably be dominating today, not to the same degree as he did in his era but he'd still be the best center in the league right now. He'd have been the best in the league during Kareem's time, best during Hakeem's time and best during Bill Russell's time.

OutWorkedByNo1
02-17-2014, 12:31 PM
[img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/089/4/1/skyhookgif3_by_dantheman9758-d4uenol.gif[/img

[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/11icsox.gif[/img

When Wilt entered the league there were 4 players over 6'8 and that included him and Bill.

jus LOL.

SighGR
02-17-2014, 12:36 PM
When Wilt entered the league there were 4 players over 6'8 and that included him and Bill.

jus LOL.
Wilt
Russell
Walter Dukes
Bob Pettit
Red Kerr
Kenny Sears
Clyde Lovellete

and then I stopped searching because you just made that up

compan
02-17-2014, 12:44 PM

jus LOL.

Wilt
Russell
Walter Dukes
Bob Pettit
Red Kerr
Kenny Sears
Clyde Lovellete

^ lol that

OutWorkedByNo1
02-17-2014, 12:46 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/441840-bill-russell-an-overrated-nba-legend

^ this mothafcka lied to me.blame that guy.

eW-Yzj57NO4

alphadodger
02-17-2014, 01:00 PM

jus LOL.

Wilt
Russell
Walter Dukes
Bob Pettit
Red Kerr
Kenny Sears
Clyde Lovellete

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

RIP OutWorkedByNo1

MCrow
02-17-2014, 01:02 PM

jus LOL.

Wilt
Bob Pettit
Russell
Walter Dukes (7')
Swede Halbrook (7'3")
Mel Counts (7')
Chuck Share (6'11")
Walt Bellamy (6'11")
Ray Felix (6'11")
Bevo Nordmann(6'10")
Darrall Imhoff (6'10")
Phil Jordan (6'10")
Clyde Lovellette (6'9")
Red Kerr (6'9")
Gary Alcorn(6'9")
Bill Russell(6'9")

Also, back in Wilt's days they didn't measure with shoes on. So he likely played against as many as 9 guys that may have been 7 feet tall in shoes.

It's largely a myth that players were significantly smaller in Wilt's era than today. The difference is that tall kids back in those days were thought to be hopelessly uncoordinated and were not seen as as valuable prospects as they are now. Now a kid in high school that is 6'8"+ is going to be pushed to plays basketball from an earlier age because people realize that big guys can be quick and athletic. The bigs are heavier now, more athletic now but not taller.

Godyssey
02-17-2014, 01:02 PM

jus LOL.

Wilt
Russell
Walter Dukes
Bob Pettit
Red Kerr
Kenny Sears
Clyde Lovellete

Wilt
Bob Pettit
Russell
Walter Dukes (7')
Swede Halbrook (7'3")
Mel Counts (7')
Chuck Share (6'11")
Walt Bellamy (6'11")
Ray Felix (6'11")
Bevo Nordmann(6'10")
Darrall Imhoff (6'10")
Phil Jordan (6'10")
Clyde Lovellette (6'9")
Red Kerr (6'9")
Gary Alcorn(6'9")
Bill Russell(6'9")

Also, back in Wilt's days they didn't measure with shoes on. So he likely played against as many as 9 guys that may have been 7 feet tall in shoes.

It's largely a myth that players were significantly smaller in Wilt's era than today. The difference is that tall kids back in those days were thought to be hopelessly uncoordinated and were not seen as as valuable prospects as they are now. Now a kid in high school that is 6'8"+ is going to be pushed to plays basketball from an earlier age because people realize that big guys can be quick and athletic. The bigs are heavier now, more athletic now but not taller.

lmfaooo

DA_MOSS
02-17-2014, 01:04 PM

jus LOL.

Wilt
Russell
Walter Dukes
Bob Pettit
Red Kerr
Kenny Sears
Clyde Lovellete

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/daduntsh.gif

Mizzoutiger26
02-17-2014, 01:05 PM
If Russell actually didn't care, he would have disregarded and not said a thing.

OutWorkedByNo1
02-17-2014, 01:07 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img593/8097/bieber.gif (*****://imageshack.com/i/ghbieberg)

montecarlo
02-17-2014, 01:11 PM
lol @ players like bill russell, michael jordan, kobe bryant all being insecure these days because of lebrons goatness.

LatsBackDelts
02-17-2014, 01:47 PM
I missed the part where any of those guys other than Jordan was better than Kareem or Wilt. Centers get no love

rusvik
02-17-2014, 01:54 PM
Wilt was as athletic if not more than prime Shaq and he didn't have steroids. Give Wilt, Russel and Kareem steroids and HGH and it wouldn't even be a discussion.

MCrow
02-17-2014, 02:10 PM
Wilt was as athletic if not more than prime Shaq and he didn't have steroids. Give Wilt, Russel and Kareem steroids and HGH and it wouldn't even be a discussion.

Yeah, Wilt was a freak of nature. He actually (lifting wise) was stronger than Shaq, didn't have the same girth to throw around though and Shaq was freakishly quick at that size. IMO, there really is an arguement that either Shaq or Wilt was the best center of all time, or at least the most dominating of all time.

I really hate when we talk GOATS and people just toss out who has more championships. Not everyone was like Russell and had 4 HOFers around him all the time.

montecarlo
02-17-2014, 02:14 PM
Centers get no love

the top 15 of all time has 5 centers in it....thats 1/3rd of the list and only 1 of 5 positions. plz go.

also bull russell 15.1 ppg; 22.5 rebounds; 4.3 assists all time.....lol @ this poverty phaggot with 15ppg, playing with multiple other HOFers, in an era where there were no other bigs to get rebounds... then thinking you are still a top 4 player of all time over 4 decades later. such a joke.

sdballer5588
02-17-2014, 02:30 PM

This is the sports misc, where a bunch of 20 something year old males who have never set foot on a NBA basketball court in a competitive setting believe they are more qualified to speak on the subject of basketball's "mount rushmore" than one of the greatest NBA players EVER.

If a former NBA player's personal opinion disagrees with Lebron and the collective fanboy opinion, they are labeled as "bitter", "butthurt" "pathetic" etc.

Any disagreement with the ESPN/sports misc hivemind is seen as wrong....lulz this place is so predictable.

the flaw w this post is lebron is at worst top 10, meaning by your own logic, his opinion means that much more due to his ability.

congratulations ****ting on your own terrible point.

alphadodger
02-17-2014, 02:53 PM
the flaw w this post is lebron is at worst top 10, meaning by your own logic, his opinion means that much more due to his ability.

congratulations ****ting on your own terrible point.

Lebron isn't done playing yet and he has a long ways to go to be mentioned in the same sentence as Bill Russell who is arguably the greatest winner in the history of team sports. There's no way that you can convince anyone else besides yourself that Lebron's opinion carries more weight in NBA circles than Russell's.

It's funny how you claim to be a "celtics fan", yet you sh*t all over the greatest Celtic ever as a result of your LBJ fanboyism.

SighGR
02-17-2014, 02:55 PM
the top 15 of all time has 5 centers in it....thats 1/3rd of the list and only 1 of 5 positions. plz go.

He's right. Big men get devalued because their games aren't as aesthetic. It's why people think Lebron somehow has leapfrogged Duncan or Shaq. It's nonsense.

CurryTech777
02-17-2014, 02:59 PM
He's right. Big men get devalued because their games aren't as aesthetic. It's why people think Lebron somehow has leapfrogged Duncan or Shaq. It's nonsense.

this. lol at thinking lebron can dominate a game like shaq could

Gerald151
02-17-2014, 03:01 PM

"Thank you for leaving me off your Mount Rushmore. I'm glad you did. Basketball is a team game. Its not for individual honors. I won back-to-back state championships in highschool. Back-to-back NCAA championships in college. I won an NBA championship my first year in the league. An NBA championship my last year. 9 in between. And that, Mr. James, is etched in stone."

u wot m8?

montecarlo
02-17-2014, 03:05 PM
u wot m8?

like i said...bull russell is a joke and shouldnt even be considered top 10 all time.

ShweezyBTFO
02-17-2014, 03:06 PM
Lebron isn't done playing yet and he has a long ways to go to be mentioned in the same sentence as Bill Russell who is arguably the greatest winner in the history of team sports. There's no way that you can convince anyone else besides yourself that Lebron's opinion carries more weight in NBA circles than Russell's.

It's funny how you claim to be a "celtics fan", yet you sh*t all over the greatest Celtic ever as a result of your LBJ fanboyism.

this stupid fukk thinks that just because people watch sports they have to be brainwashed into nuthugging laundry instead of seeing the facts for what they are. LOL

montecarlo
02-17-2014, 03:12 PM

when talking about best all around basketball players though big men have a lot to make up in other areas they lack in such as shooting, fast breaks, guarding outside players etc. shaq cant even shoot the ball....so clearly he has to make up by beasting down low, post game and protecting the paint...whether he does enough of that to make up for his weaknesses is the debate. lebron doing it all>shaq just destroying the paint.

aal04
02-17-2014, 04:31 PM
Russel is butthurt. But he is right.

Also some arguements id like to counter

1. Less teams. This actually makes the games HARDER. its not diluted like today where we have 31 teams and bad expansion teams and a team with half the eastern all-star players in it.
2. Smaller guys back then. LBJ has the no hand check rule. He would be severely hindered by that the same way these guys would have trouble playing in todays sissy league. Look at MJ, got served by the pistons because they were too physical. flopper james would have to muscle up and that would mean his longjevity would take a massive hit. There would be brutes there just to rough him up. Hes weak mentally and he would get broken down to shooting outside which we all know is hot/cold for him.

You have to compare the players to the league in its time. And having said that, Russel, Wilt and O were godly above their rivals. Right now, TD is the best legacy player, then Kobe, then LBJ, and even now KD is the best player in the comp. He doesnt stick out as a player with acheivements as the guys back in the old days.

Daewoo_Lanos
02-17-2014, 04:34 PM
Russel is butthurt. But he is right.

Also some arguements id like to counter

1. Less teams. This actually makes the games HARDER. its not diluted like today where we have 31 teams and bad expansion teams and a team with half the eastern all-star players in it.

2. Smaller guys back then. LBJ has the no hand check rule. He would be severely hindered by that the same way these guys would have trouble playing in todays sissy league. Look at MJ, got served by the pistons because they were too physical. flopper james would have to muscle up and that would mean his longjevity would take a massive hit. There would be brutes there just to rough him up. Hes weak mentally and he would get broken down to shooting outside which we all know is hot/cold for him.

this is a load of bullsht.

yea Jordan was physically capable of handling the blows he received while slashing but someone 3 inches taller and 35 pounds heavier would get destroyed.

just stfu with this revisionist history.

all elite players will adapt. the best players in the world today would go absolutely apesht in the NBA of 25 years ago and vice versa.

ShweezyBTFO
02-17-2014, 04:47 PM
this is a load of bullsht.

yea Jordan was physically capable of handling the blows he received while slashing but someone 3 inches taller and 35 pounds heavier would get destroyed.

just stfu with this revisionist history.

all elite players will adapt. the best players in the world today would go absolutely apesht in the NBA of 25 years ago and vice versa.
It's hilarious how we have threads like "scalabrine a retired pro athlete would wreck any semi-decent D3 athlete" and "LeBron, a pro athlete, wouldn't have lasted if he was playing 25 years ago with other pro athletes" on the same forum.

The dichotomy is actually hilarious.

SighGR
02-17-2014, 04:57 PM
http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/51aaa8c46bb3f7ca5a00000b/lebron-pacers-flop.gif

http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/lebronflop4.gif

Daewoo_Lanos
02-17-2014, 04:59 PM
It's hilarious how we have threads like "scalabrine a retired pro athlete would wreck any semi-decent D3 athlete" and "LeBron, a pro athlete, wouldn't have lasted if he was playing 25 years ago with other pro athletes" on the same forum.

The dichotomy is actually hilarious.

so many people are delusional asshles bruh

gpg_prodigy
02-17-2014, 05:14 PM

u cant prove that, there was steroids back then

02-17-2014, 05:26 PM
haven't read through all the pages.. but are you guys forgetting what kobe said on the matter?

Bryant's picks? Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson and Russell. LeBron also listed Jordan, Bird and Johnson, but ultimately settled on Oscar Robertson as his fourth choice.

"I would say Magic, Bird, Michael, and Russell," Bryant said during a news conference before Sunday's All-Star Game. "That's impossible to do four, though, man. Come on. That's crazy. That's tough. Absolutely tough."

Robertson is the only player in NBA history to average a triple-double for a season (1961-62), while Russell has more NBA titles as a player than anyone else with 11.

"It doesn't matter who he says, inevitably you're going to leave somebody out," Bryant said during an in-game interview on TNT's All-Star broadcast. "... It's tough."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10468395/kobe-bryant-puts-michael-jordan-larry-bird-magic-johnson-bill-russell-nba-mount-rushmore

and he's absolutely right. you're bound to leave someone off, and not to mention the list is completely subjective. I liked all of Lebron's picks except for the Big O, but if that's who he likes it's who he likes. Personally i would've replaced Robertson with Kareem. That's just me, though. Bill Russell didn't even ether Lebron, he just proved what everybody in this world already knew: we all have different opinions. He sounded mad that he was left off, and rightfully so, but some people don't consider him a top 4 player of all time and there's nothing wrong with that.

02-17-2014, 05:30 PM

nah, MJ was the greatest winner. Who was larry bird?

sdballer5588
02-17-2014, 05:43 PM

Being a fan of franchise does not mean I need to be blinded by bias and talk out my ass like you do. Being a Celtics fan does not mean I need to rate every single celtic above every other player, or that I should value their word higher than others.

Fans like you and brb_ballin are the entire reason fans are generally hated. You come to a conclusion without ever examining anything, you use circular reasoning to make yourself feel better and then you stamp yourself as being "loyal" when you're really just an ignorant moron.

No surprises that neither of you can show your face or physique on a site about bodybuilding. Please continue to vent your frustrations here behind your nameless faceless avatar.

We all know how meaningless your opinion is to begin with, I'm just reminding you that you are ashamed of yourself so it's ironic you would ever try to judge others.

montecarlo
02-17-2014, 06:17 PM
Lets be real. Wilt>>>kareem >>>>>>>>>>>>poverty russell

And lebron is already top 4 and ahead of bird.

ClevageGobbler
02-17-2014, 07:20 PM

http://illmaterial.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/ether-e1296908676217.gif

11>2

Bill Russell will always be a better player than LeBron. Say whatever you'd like to demean basketball in the 60s. There was great competition then. When you have players playing like Jerry West and Elgin Baylor I'm sure the bar was raised pretty high. Even if some fool decides each ring in Bill's era is only worth 0.5 the worth of earning a ring in today's NBA, today LeBron is still 3.5 rings short and I doubt he even catches up to Kobe. What the weenie needs to do is up his ring game and then do his talking. Paul George and Roy Hibbert are going to titty fuc the milk out of Bron when they meet in May.

brianphi
02-17-2014, 07:36 PM
"That clown can suck my black c0ck" - Bill Russell

ne12o
02-17-2014, 07:48 PM

Appeal to Authority 101 response right here.

Don't need a fukin scientist to confirm the earth revolves around the sun.

Swept
02-17-2014, 08:07 PM
Magic and Bird are both overrated as hell, Magic played no defense and was limited on offense. Bird had zero athletic ability but I'll give him a break since he was always hurt.

Bill Russell won't do sh*t in todays NBA, he's basically a slightly more athletic Ben Wallace.

Wilt on the other hand, would dominate in todays NBA. Not like he did in the 60's but he can "easily" be a 30-15 guy at worst. Outside of Howard there isn't a center in the league that can keep up with Wilt.

ClevageGobbler
02-17-2014, 08:21 PM

also bull russell 15.1 ppg; 22.5 rebounds; 4.3 assists all time.....lol @ this poverty phaggot with 15ppg, playing with multiple other HOFers, in an era where there were no other bigs to get rebounds... then thinking you are still a top 4 player of all time over 4 decades later. such a joke.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Bill Russell's Celtics would have LeBron's Heat in the locker room crying for an entire decade if he played in modern day NBA.

sdballer5588
02-17-2014, 08:22 PM
You have no ide what you're talking about. Bill Russell's Celtics would have LeBron's Heat in the locker room crying for an entire decade if he played in modern day NBA.

Age : 22 You basing it on all those books you didn't even read? Videos that do not exist?

You are the definition of not knowing what you are talking about. If you watched a video of Bob Cousey dribbling you would laugh your ass off, it was well known that back then the game was just DIFFERENT, and in many ways MUCH MUCH MUCH worse. Cousey could not take his eye off the ball while dribbling.

Yet here you are on a soapbox claiming he would deftly navigate his way around today's NBA, that is literally absurd.

nvrstopworking
02-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Magic and Bird are both overrated as hell, Magic played no defense and was limited on offense. Bird had zero athletic ability but I'll give him a break since he was always hurt.

Bill Russell won't do sh*t in todays NBA, he's basically a slightly more athletic Ben Wallace.

Wilt on the other hand, would dominate in todays NBA. Not like he did in the 60's but he can "easily" be a 30-15 guy at worst. Outside of Howard there isn't a center in the league that can keep up with Wilt.

Don't need to read any further.

Negged. Welcome to redsville.

BerimBROlo
02-17-2014, 08:35 PM
You have no idea what you're talking about. Bill Russell's Celtics would have LeBron's Heat in the locker room crying for an entire decade if he played in modern day NBA.

LOL

Bill Russell's Celtics probably would not even beat Brandon Jenning's Pistons.

Even though Brandon Jennings is a dumb ass, no doubt he would have broken Bob Cousy's ACL from simply crossing him.

http://c2.likes-media.com/img/693d42e373f091c5157f3e29da7672ca

EDIT: ^^ Can't wait to see Curry get his ankles destroyed again.

HumptyBrah
02-17-2014, 08:38 PM
I think it's pretty silly to say that teams from the 60s could compete with teams from the modern era, but it's not a knock on those older teams. Exercise science, nutrition, injury prevention/recovery, strategy, youth leagues, college hoops, etc have just come so far in the past 50 years. It's not fair to past greats to try and compare them.

ClevageGobbler
02-17-2014, 09:03 PM
Age : 22 You basing it on all those books you didn't even read? Videos that do not exist?

You are the definition of not knowing what you are talking about. If you watched a video of Bob Cousey dribbling you would laugh your ass off, it was well known that back then the game was just DIFFERENT, and in many ways MUCH MUCH MUCH worse. Cousey could not take his eye off the ball while dribbling.

Yet here you are on a soapbox claiming he would deftly navigate his way around today's NBA, that is literally absurd.

You don't even know or respect the legends on your own favorite team. You don't even know how to spell Cousy's name you ****ing degenerate. And you feel the need to take away from the man just to support your gay ass argument, dumb bitch. I'm pretty sure a guy who won six championships, nicknamed Houdini of the Hardwood, and touted as the Magic before Magic knew how to dribble. Many NBA greats recognize him as one of the best playmakers to play. The first great point guard in the NBA and your favorite media outlet ESPN ranked him as the fourth best point guard of all time. I never said Cousy would be able to do as well now as he did in his time in the NBA. I said the Celtics would be ****ting on the Heat.

gswarrior510
02-17-2014, 09:16 PM
to not have a guy who won 11 rings on your "Mt Roushmore" is ****ing retarded. Guy who was 10-0 in game 7's and wasn't even top seed at times.

maybe he's not the best player ability wise, but you can't compare guys from 60's and 00's. But then again, Lebron is a ****ing idiot so who cares.

sdballer5588
02-17-2014, 09:18 PM
You don't even know or respect the legends on your own favorite team. You don't even know how to spell Cousy's name you ****ing degenerate. And you feel the need to take away from the man just to support your gay ass argument, dumb bitch. I'm pretty sure a guy who won six championships, nicknamed Houdini of the Hardwood, and touted as the Magic before Magic knew how to dribble. Many NBA greats recognize him as one of the best playmakers to play. The first great point guard in the NBA and your favorite media outlet ESPN ranked him as the fourth best point guard of all time. I never said Cousy would be able to do as well now as he did in his time in the NBA. I said the Celtics would be ****ting on the Heat.

Lol see? You know absolutely nothing. Go read ANYTHING about Cousy. He could only dribble with 1 hand, and looked directly at the ball 95% of the time.

You literally know NOTHING. Strong ad hominem because you know literally nothing about what you are discussing.

Big_Pete1000
02-17-2014, 09:23 PM
He just told lebron to **** off

Swept
02-17-2014, 10:07 PM
Don't need to read any further.

Negged. Welcome to redsville.

Do some research you Canadian sheep

PureCardio
02-17-2014, 10:12 PM
2. Smaller guys back then. LBJ has the no hand check rule. He would be severely hindered by that the same way these guys would have trouble playing in todays sissy league. Look at MJ, got served by the pistons because they were too physical.

Please tell me more about how the game was so tough and physical. Michael Jordan shot 12 FTs per game as a third year player, and he didn't even have a great jump shot then. fukin lol at your nostalgic ass. Oh wait, you were 4 years old when Jordan was drafted anyways, so you know fuk all about Jordan's early career.

ClevageGobbler
02-17-2014, 10:27 PM
Lol see? You know absolutely nothing. Go read ANYTHING about Cousy. He could only dribble with 1 hand, and looked directly at the ball 95% of the time.

You literally know NOTHING. Strong ad hominem because you know literally nothing about what you are discussing.

Where are you getting this from? Lold at dribbling with one hand 95%. You pulled that one right out of your puss. You haven't seen his career play out either and I know you ain't reading. Quit ****ting on the pioneers ignorant motherfuker.

ShweezyBTFO
02-17-2014, 10:45 PM
http://c2.likes-media.com/img/693d42e373f091c5157f3e29da7672ca

EDIT: ^^ Can't wait to see Curry get his ankles destroyed again.

MSrTnWDTdwI

sdballer5588
02-17-2014, 10:50 PM
Where are you getting this from? Lold at dribbling with one hand 95%. You pulled that one right out of your puss. You haven't seen his career play out either and I know you ain't reading. Quit ****ting on the pioneers ignorant motherfuker.

Have you literally never read a single piece of literature about basketball? How ironic.

Cousy was ahead of his peers, but you're comparing him to modern era players, that is retarded.

Who wins in a military engagement, Genghis Khan or Obama? Genghis Khan is historically a much better tactician and more feared military figure, but Obama has the advantages that time and technology have given him, brb horses vs tanks, bows and arrows vs guns. Comparing players from different era's as if the skill level is the same is LITERALLY absurd.

You're obviously VERY stupid, because this is common sense.

ShweezyBTFO
02-17-2014, 10:57 PM
to not have a guy who won 11 rings on your "Mt Roushmore" is ****ing retarded. Guy who was 10-0 in game 7's and wasn't even top seed at times.

maybe he's not the best player ability wise, but you can't compare guys from 60's and 00's. But then again, Lebron is a ****ing idiot so who cares.

lol you stupid ***got. Everyone knows that Curry is going to break his ankle in a career-ending injury this year and you'll be one of the first golden gate jumpers to make it "splash"

BerimBROlo
02-17-2014, 11:03 PM
MSrTnWDTdwI

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/64/6494d9a65195279d35717e6d97375037c34660e076011dc05b cc67011a212df0.jpg

ClevageGobbler
02-17-2014, 11:28 PM
Have you literally never read a single piece of literature about basketball? How ironic.

Cousy was ahead of his peers, but you're comparing him to modern era players, that is retarded.

Who wins in a military engagement, Genghis Khan or Obama? Genghis Khan is historically a much better tactician and more feared military figure, but Obama has the advantages that time and technology have given him, brb horses vs tanks, bows and arrows vs guns. Comparing players from different era's as if the skill level is the same is LITERALLY absurd.

You're obviously VERY stupid, because this is common sense.

1) You don't know how to argue. I asked you where you got your information from and you shrug it off b/c you obviously made it up. Where did you find that Cousy dribbles with his eyes fixed on the ball? Where did you hear that he dribbles with one arm 95% of the time?

2) You're comparing a man who conquered a Continent's worth of civilization to a fraud who has done nothing...And in your head, this comparison somehow relates to basketball...Besides the amount of fakes, dribbling moves, and little rules that have been added to the game (3pt being added being one of very few drastic changes) the game was basically played the same 40-50 years ago as it is today. Bill would still body Bosh, LeBron, anybody if they got into the paint, Havlicek would still get his. Sam Jones is still going to get his. You have no idea Sdbox, you simply do not have a clue how bad you look. A Celtics fan who brags about all the championships his franchise earned yet you know close to nothing about the history.

Yep, I am definitely the one lacking common sense. You know nothing about war and very little about basketball. And again, I never compared Cousy to modern day players I was talking about the Celtics team as a whole. You never fail to put words in other people's mouths, twist the argument to fit your lies and false information, or exhibit hypocrisy in the majority of your posts.

ShweezyBTFO
02-17-2014, 11:30 PM
1) You don't know how to argue. I asked you where you got your information from and you shrug it off b/c you obviously made it up. Where did you find that Cousy dribbles with his eyes fixed on the ball? Where did you hear that he dribbles with one arm 95% of the time?

2) You're comparing a man who conquered a Continent's worth of civilization to a fraud who has done nothing...And in your head, this comparison somehow relates to basketball...Besides the amount of fakes, dribbling moves, and little rules that have been added to the game (3pt being added being one of very few drastic changes) the game was basically played the same 40-50 years ago as it is today. Bill would still body Bosh, LeBron, anybody if they got into the paint, Havlicek would still get his. Sam Jones is still going to get his. You have no idea Sdbox, you simply do not have a clue how bad you look. A Celtics fan who brags about all the championships his franchise earned yet you know close to nothing about the history.

Yep, I am definitely the one lacking common sense. You know nothing about war and very little about basketball. And again, I never compared Cousy to modern day players I was talking about the Celtics team as a whole. You never fail to put words in other people's mouths, twist the argument to fit your lies and false information, or exhibit hypocrisy in the majority of your posts.

Do you ever stop and realize how pathetic you look when you have the word "Cleavage" misspelled in your username?

sdballer5588
02-17-2014, 11:32 PM

You are beyond retarded.

You also entirely avoided my point of Obama vs Genghis. Would genghis win? Of course not you fkn clown.

02-17-2014, 11:40 PM
Do you ever stop and realize how pathetic you look when you have the word "Cleavage" misspelled in your username?

RIP ClevageGobbler

ShweezyBTFO
02-18-2014, 12:06 AM
You are beyond retarded.

You also entirely avoided my point of Obama vs Genghis. Would genghis win? Of course not you fkn clown.

RIP ClevageGobbler (sic)

alphadodger
02-18-2014, 12:06 AM
Appeal to Authority 101 response right here.

Don't need a fukin scientist to confirm the earth revolves around the sun.

Learn to debate you pleb. Russell's name is synonymous with winning.

There is no other former NBA player who has more authority/expertise on the subject of winning NBA championships than Bill Russell. Not only did he win 11 championships in 13 years, he led a team to 8 straight. Those are FACTS. If anyone is qualified to speak on the "Mount Rushmore" of NBA greatness, its him. The finals MVP just recently got named after him for ****s sake.

Your half ass attempt to use an logical fallacy argument in this conversation makes no sense and just makes you look like a fool, which I am sure you are.

sdballer5588
02-18-2014, 12:07 AM
Learn to debate you pleb. Russell's name is synonymous with winning.

There is no other former NBA player who has more authority/expertise on the subject of winning NBA championships than Bill Russell. Not only did he win 11 championships in 13 years, he led a team to 8 straight. Those are FACTS. If anyone is qualified to speak on the "Mount Rushmore" of NBA greatness, its him. The finals MVP just recently got named after him for ****s sake.

Your half ass attempt to use an logical fallacy argument in this conversation makes no sense and just makes you look like a fool, which I am sure you are.

So is Robert Horry's.

Russell's name is also synonymous with antiquity.

ClevageGobbler
02-19-2014, 02:00 PM
You are beyond retarded.

Obama vs. Ghengis...LOL I already told you that was some stupid ****. We're were talking about Bill Russell and you randomly try to compare apples and oranges, 13th century warfare to modern warfare practices used over 700 years later...and then try to relate it to the baby changes the NBA rule book underwent in the past fifty years?

I said it before and I'll say it again, the three pointer being introduced is the only substantial change in NBA basketball that really shook up the way the game could be played. There were some important changes that slightly altered the way defense would be played and some changes that affected time management. Other than that, it's still get the ball in the hoop and play lockdown defense to win championships. League player height average is still about 6'9. The average NBA player now is probably a little bit faster and stronger than the average NBA player in the 60s. There's been a lot of dribbling moves and technical footwork innovated since but the shots we see, the fakes we see, the offense and defense have hardly changed at all. The game today has evolved no question but essentially it is still very similar to the game played decades ago and I doubt the players of the sixties would fail to keep up with the players of today. You act like every player is Westbrook or Iverson.

So is Robert Horry's.

Russell's name is also synonymous with antiquity.

And his name is also synonymous with the best defensive player to ever live. That's why he won so many titles. Not only that though, he is a mastermind.

sdballer5588
02-19-2014, 02:11 PM
Obama vs. Ghengis...LOL I already told you that was some stupid ****. We're were talking about Bill Russell and you randomly try to compare apples and oranges, 13th century warfare to modern warfare practices used over 700 years later...and then try to relate it to the baby changes the NBA rule book underwent in the past fifty years?

I said it before and I'll say it again, the three pointer being introduced is the only substantial change in NBA basketball that really shook up the way the game could be played. There were some important changes that slightly altered the way defense would be played and some changes that affected time management. Other than that, it's still get the ball in the hoop and play lockdown defense to win championships. League player height average is still about 6'9. The average NBA player now is probably a little bit faster and stronger than the average NBA player in the 60s. There's been a lot of dribbling moves and technical footwork innovated since but the shots we see, the fakes we see, the offense and defense have hardly changed at all. The game today has evolved no question but essentially it is still very similar to the game played decades ago and I doubt the players of the sixties would fail to keep up with the players of today. You act like every player is Westbrook or Iverson.

And his name is also synonymous with the best defensive player to ever live. That's why he won so many titles. Not only that though, he is a mastermind.

Lol @ thinking ruler to ruler is apple to oranges, but somehow 2 basketball players.... are not also apple to ornages?

If you think Bill Russell to LeBron James is apples to apples then you are fukking retarded.

Then again we already knew that. I never use the rep argument, but you are a LAKER FAN on this board, with over 5k posts barely breaking 100 reps. That is beyond sad.

montecarlo
02-19-2014, 02:15 PM
I REPEAT

bill russell 15.1 ppg; 22.5 rebounds; 4.3 assists all time.....lol @ this poverty phaggot with 15ppg, playing with multiple other HOFers, in an era where there were no other bigs to get rebounds...and more shots were put up overall... then thinking you are still a top 4 player of all time over 4 decades later. such trash.

russell is an insecure joke who doesnt even belong in the top 10.

ClevageGobbler
02-19-2014, 02:21 PM
I REPEAT

bill russell 15.1 ppg; 22.5 rebounds; 4.3 assists all time.....lol @ this poverty phaggot with 15ppg, playing with multiple other HOFers, in an era where there were no other bigs to get rebounds...and more shots were put up overall... then thinking you are still a top 4 player of all time over 4 decades later. such trash.

russell is an insecure joke who doesnt even belong in the top 10.

You are honestly retarded. There's nothing else to say.

montecarlo
02-19-2014, 02:23 PM
You are honestly retarded. There's nothing else to say.

u mad you cant even argue my logic?

ClevageGobbler
02-19-2014, 02:27 PM
Lol @ thinking ruler to ruler is apple to oranges, but somehow 2 basketball players.... are not also apple to ornages?

If you think Bill Russell to LeBron James is apples to apples then you are fukking retarded.

Then again we already knew that. I never use the rep argument, but you are a LAKER FAN on this board, with over 5k posts barely breaking 100 reps. That is beyond sad.

One was an actual ruler, the other is a puppet held up by thousands of advisers and counselors and still can't get **** done.

And obviously different games being played but what's the only goal in the NBA? To win championships.

Ad hominem = u mad. Reps don't mean ****. We're done here.

sdballer5588
02-19-2014, 02:28 PM
One was an actual ruler, the other is a puppet held up by thousands of advisers and counselors and still can't get **** done.

And obviously different games being played but what's the only goal in the NBA? To win championships.

Ad hominem = u mad. Reps don't mean ****. We're done here.

Pffffft what? Are you retarded? Lol @ trying to rationalize that Obama is NOT the leader of the United States, which is by far the largest military superpower in the history of the planet

You are so wrong it's hilarious.

niknguyen
02-19-2014, 02:45 PM
All you phaggots saying russell deserve to be on rushmore, I bet if I searched your top 10 GOATs of bball on the sports misc, he wouldn't even be in your top 4, so gtfo. I've seen a bunch of you phaggots having him at 5-8. So all of a sudden, because he calls out LBJ for not having him on his top 4 of all time, all of you claim he deserves to be there because he feels like LBJ publically snubbed him?

RAdaRuggedMan
02-19-2014, 03:46 PM

LMAO words of someone you already know has never played any level of organized basketball.

If only I had been born 50 years earlier, I'd be in the NBA HoF and hvae phaggots like you boasting about my ball handling abilities.

"RAdaRuggedMan brought the between the legs crossover to the NBA!"

"There was no spin move before this guy!"

"A 6ft guard that can dunk? Top 5 most athletic all time, that's just unprecedented."

The level of romanticism of the NBA 20-60 years ago is just humorous. Take any guy from the NBA D League in a time machine 50 years ago and they average 70/15/5 (why pass to teammates?).

Bob Cousy, HoFer and one of the best players of his time:
fE5SDgXLb1g

Assortment of NBA scrubs, with a few good players here and there:
ZneQFX2kZho

socrates07
02-19-2014, 03:54 PM

he has always been that way, read his fuarking wikipedia it's pathetic

WApolo
02-19-2014, 03:56 PM
Basketball was hardly relevant when Bill Russell played, his accomplishments don't have a 1:1 transfer like some people think they do. He's a top 10 players and should be happy about it, he would get chit on by Hakeem and especially Shaq. People need to take the historical homer goggles off and realize the best players came in during the 80's and later. I'd be an olympic swimmer based on times set in the 20's and 30's but that has no relevance today, just like 1960's basketball has no relevance today.

Its to early to be talking about Lebron's legacy anyway, he still has 3-4 years to work his way towards #2 barring an injury.

sdballer5588
02-19-2014, 03:58 PM
he has always been that way, read his fuarking wikipedia it's pathetic

Yeah but he dealt with insane racism in his day so it's almost understandable, but this was to a fellow african american player. I understood his grudge against the city of Boston and even Larry Bird who was universally accepted while doing less than 1/3rd of what Russell did, but this was just childish.

Basically went out of his way to look like an immature old man who never got over the recognition he felt he deserved.

ajctennis
02-19-2014, 04:00 PM
I would still take Wilt though in this era. The dude was a freak of nature. This is him at 50 *****://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAyN1LZNXfw . Apparently he played pickup games with Magic and Crew when he was 50 and crapped on people. Having said that, I just dont think you can compare people across generations. Different rules and people didnt know as much about health/training.

khanvictt
02-19-2014, 04:24 PM

sdboxscore got ether'd so fukkin hard its not even funny anymore. lmfao holy ****

NYY
02-19-2014, 04:50 PM
It's not even a real fukking mountain

Yes it is. Here's how it looked before it was carved.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ef/Six_Grandfathers.jpg

Phil9
02-19-2014, 04:56 PM
j2AlFrOj5Mc

Looks like Nate Thurmond made a deal with the devil and traded in hair genetics for muscle vascularity.

WApolo
02-19-2014, 05:05 PM
Yes it is. Here's how it looked before it was carved.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ef/Six_Grandfathers.jpg

Thats Greg Oden's forehead you twat.

montecarlo
06-02-2014, 10:17 AM

bump