PDA

View Full Version : It is clear that the big guy from Kansas will be a bust, Thabeet 2.0

PostOfficeRus
02-16-2014, 08:37 AM
If I am a lottery team it clearly should be

Parker
Wiggins
McDourmet
Randle
Smart

inb4 I am exposed as a wizard in 4 years

Rebounds45
02-16-2014, 08:38 AM
are u talkin bout Embiid?

mazimi18
02-16-2014, 08:44 AM
are u talkin bout Embiid?

yes i think so

Shortstop36
02-16-2014, 08:46 AM
i don't think he'll be a bust, however theres noway that he should go #1 in "the best draft since 2003".

Kind of pathetic how this is supposed to be a loaded draft and the projected #1 is an average college player. Nerlens Noel, and Anthony Davis were steps ahead of this kid

scotyg
02-16-2014, 08:51 AM
the guy has only been playing basketball for a few years

personally i think hes more impressive then andrew "live on the free throw line" wiggins

ItsWhatIDo
02-16-2014, 08:51 AM
It sounds like you did a thorough analysis of his game since you don't even know his name.

PostOfficeRus
02-16-2014, 08:53 AM
the guy has only been playing basketball for a few years

personally i think hes more impressive then andrew "live on the free throw line" wiggins

James Harden has made millions doing that. Wiggins will be fine.

bking10
02-16-2014, 08:55 AM
Why do you say that? Cause they are both tall black guys with few years of bball experience? Or do you actually have a real reason?

SighGR
02-16-2014, 09:06 AM
i don't think he'll be a bust, however theres noway that he should go #1 in "the best draft since 2003".

Kind of pathetic how this is supposed to be a loaded draft and the projected #1 is an average college player. Nerlens Noel, and Anthony Davis were steps ahead of this kid
Nerlens pls

Anthony Davis - 32mpg 14pts 10 rebs 62% FG

Joel Embiid - 22mpg 10pts 7.8 rebs 61% FG

"miles ahead"

embiid has been playing organized basketball for only 3 years. Think about that

BullBoy8
02-16-2014, 09:10 AM
Anthony Davis would go #1 easily in this class. Nerlans would go top 5 too healthy. Embiid needs to improve his defense a lot though. Fouls like crazy. It is really easy to get him frustrated too and out of focus.

Embiid has potential, but he is already having back problems, knee injuries, etc. I wouldnt want to risk taking a big like that #1 overall. My top choices would be Jabari, Exum, or Randle (been under the radar since the season started). Wiggins has potential too but man dude was so overrated. And he isnt aggressive at all. The next Harrison Barnes.

KCBadBoy
02-16-2014, 09:26 AM
Are you aware that there is a very high possibility that Embiid will return to school next year?

poonpounder311
02-16-2014, 10:06 AM
Are you aware that there is a very high possibility that Embiid will return to school next year?

Aware

BullBoy8
02-16-2014, 10:10 AM
What are the odds of him actually returning though? I know he and Jabari said they might return, and players say that every year, but then usually go in most cases. Personally I think he need to return and be the man at kansas, get his confidence at an all time high, work on defense etc. But with these little nagging injuries, what are the chances he risks big money to return?

DatHobgoblin
02-16-2014, 10:13 AM
What are the odds of him actually returning though? I know he and Jabari said they might return, and players say that every year, but then usually go in most cases. Personally I think he need to return and be the man at kansas, get his confidence at an all time high, work on defense etc. But with these little nagging injuries, what are the chances he risks big money to return?so you think embidd isnt worth a top pick risk but you think exum is fuking lol do you even watch college basketball

chlaxman
02-16-2014, 10:20 AM
If I am a lottery team it clearly should be

Parker
Wiggins
McDourmet
Randle
Smart

inb4 I am exposed as a wizard in 4 years

LMAO no. At best he's a 3 and D guy but probably just a role playing outside shooter.

BullBoy8
02-16-2014, 10:26 AM
so you think embidd isnt worth a top pick risk but you think exum is fuking lol do you even watch college basketball

Exum pick is straight bias to me. He said he loves D Rose and emulates his game after Rose and said Rose was his Idol, so that is why I would want him.

Im saying I probably wouldnt risk the #1 overall on him. Id take him top 2-5 though.

DatHobgoblin
02-16-2014, 10:28 AM
Exum pick is straight bias to me. He said he loves D Rose and emulates his game after Rose and said Rose was his Idol, so that is why I would want him.

Im saying I probably wouldnt risk the #1 overall on him. Id take him top 2-5 though.number one pick your going parker period. i dont need to see any more from him, hes going to take the league by storm

chlaxman
02-16-2014, 10:30 AM
number one pick your going parker period. i dont need to see any more from him, hes going to take the league by storm

I havent watched Kansas this year, but I'd have to go with this. Parker looks so nasty.

Shortstop36
02-16-2014, 10:33 AM
Nerlens pls

"miles ahead"

embiid has been playing organized basketball for only 3 years. Think about that

Defensively and Athletically he was miles ahead, Nerlens aswell. If there was a good big in this draft class embiid wouldn't even be worth it. I somehow hope the bobcats draft embiid so he can bum it up lol

BullBoy8
02-16-2014, 10:33 AM
number one pick your going parker period. i dont need to see any more from him, hes going to take the league by storm

I agree. Dont see why any GM would take any player over him. But some dumb GM will draft on "upside" over already NBA ready with a ton of potential still. Jabari will be a beast. As long as he goes to the right team of course. Hope the Celtics get him. Him going there gives him the best chance to reach his ceiling. Kings and Bucks would be the worst choice for him, and any one else.

DatHobgoblin
02-16-2014, 10:36 AM
I agree. Dont see why any GM would take any player over him. But some dumb GM will draft on "upside" over already NBA ready with a ton of potential still. Jabari will be a beast. As long as he goes to the right team of course. Hope the Celtics get him. Him going there gives him the best chance to reach his ceiling. Kings and Bucks would be the worst choice for him, and any one else.im sorry but with the right management and coaching the bucks would be bake with him... brandon knight larry sanders, another young rising star in giannis antentokounmpo and jabari along with ilyasova.. the bucks could have something in mil

chlaxman
02-16-2014, 10:37 AM
I agree. Dont see why any GM would take any player over him. But some dumb GM will draft on "upside" over already NBA ready with a ton of potential still. Jabari will be a beast. As long as he goes to the right team of course. Hope the Celtics get him. Him going there gives him the best chance to reach his ceiling. Kings and Bucks would be the worst choice for him, and any one else.

Him and Burke on the Jazz would be a good way to build. MCW/Parker/Noel would also be intriguing.

BullBoy8
02-16-2014, 10:56 AM
im sorry but with the right management and coaching the bucks would be bake with him... brandon knight larry sanders, another young rising star in giannis antentokounmpo and jabari along with ilyasova.. the bucks could have something in mil

I honestly dont know much about the Bucks. Is their coach good? Is their front office good? They have some good talent, but are the worst team in the league. Yes I know they have had a ton of injuries this year and with Larry Sanders being out another 6 weeks now, but they shouldnt be THIS bad.

Him and Burke on the Jazz would be a good way to build. MCW/Parker/Noel would also be intriguing.

Jazz are playing too good to get a top pick now. And I dont see Silver giving the Jazz a top pick over the Lakers unfortunately. Unless Lakers too Exum, Wiggins or Embiid, if he left, over Jabari. Even the celtics, 76ers, and Bucks are ahead of the Jazz right now. Would be legit if they moved up and got him though.

chlaxman
02-16-2014, 10:59 AM
Jazz are playing too good to get a top pick now. And I dont see Silver giving the Jazz a top pick over the Lakers unfortunately. Unless Lakers too Exum, Wiggins or Embiid, if he left, over Jabari. Even the celtics, 76ers, and Bucks are ahead of the Jazz right now. Would be legit if they moved up and got him though.

Wouldn't surprise me to see the Jazz tank hard after the break. We're about to see the tanking really pick up.

You're right about the Lakers getting a top pick though. Before the year I said they needed to sit Kobe, tank, and clear their books (signing Kobe was a terrible move there though). Could have drafted Parker/other guy and signed a whole new team with at least one star.

BullBoy8
02-16-2014, 11:10 AM
Wouldn't surprise me to see the Jazz tank hard after the break. We're about to see the tanking really pick up.

You're right about the Lakers getting a top pick though. Before the year I said they needed to sit Kobe, tank, and clear their books (signing Kobe was a terrible move there though). Could have drafted Parker/other guy and signed a whole new team with at least one star.

I dont know why Kobe would accept that contract even if he was offered it. If he wants a legit chance at winning, he should have pulled a duncan, Dirk (this upcoming offseason) and say he will take 2yrs 30mil. So 15 mil a year. Then they could have brought in a lot more. Something Like draft Embiid, sign Lowry, Deng, and re-sign Pau.

Lowry at 8-10mil
Kobe at 15 mil
Deng at 12-13 mil
Pau at 10-12 mil
Embiid at 5 mil.

Low end is 50mil, high end is 55 mil for the starters. Cap is 62 mil, so they would have 7-12 mil to spend on FAs. Then fill your bench with ring chasers, etc. But that 24mil or whatever that Kobe makes kills the lakers chances of winning while he is there. Even if he did go back to last years level offensively. His defense is atrocious.

OutWorkedByNo1
02-16-2014, 11:14 AM
this nikka got McDermott #3 ..lmfaoo

Embiid will be a real good player. nice footwork,good size, athletic,& agile.

two best players in this draft..

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/203/q7vg.jpg (*****://imageshack.com/i/5nq7vgj)

chlaxman
02-16-2014, 11:19 AM
I dont know why Kobe would accept that contract even if he was offered it. If he wants a legit chance at winning, he should have pulled a duncan, Dirk (this upcoming offseason) and say he will take 2yrs 30mil. So 15 mil a year. Then they could have brought in a lot more. Something Like draft Embiid, sign Lowry, Deng, and re-sign Pau.

Lowry at 8-10mil
Kobe at 15 mil
Deng at 12-13 mil
Pau at 10-12 mil
Embiid at 5 mil.

Low end is 50mil, high end is 55 mil for the starters. Cap is 62 mil, so they would have 7-12 mil to spend on FAs. Then fill your bench with ring chasers, etc. But that 24mil or whatever that Kobe makes kills the lakers chances of winning while he is there. Even if he did go back to last years level offensively. His defense is atrocious.

Brah this is the Lakers. They'd have gotten the #1 and been rocking:

Ring chaser PG
Kobe
Parker
Lebron
Pau

(not srs)
(ok a little srs)

Wyzz
02-16-2014, 11:20 AM
It should be...

1. Parker
2. Wiggins
3. Embiid
4. Exum
5. Ennis
6. Randle (will be a bust!! Never draft a tweener)

Iczer
02-16-2014, 11:28 AM
It's amazing how many NBA scouts there are here in this forum. So Embiid hits knees with a guy and his back hurts, he's suddenly injury prone? With KU playing TCU, the worst team in the Big 12 yesterday...it made no sense to not rest Embiid.

Nerlens Noel - 31mpg 10.5pts 9.5 59% FG

Yes miles ahead(lol), playing 9 and 10 minutes more a game. Add on the fact that the new college rules have the most inconsistent calls all year. One game they let them play, the next game there's 50+ fouls.

But in the end, I'd love for Embiid to come back. He's a smart kid and wants to set himself up to succeed and not flame out after one contract in the NBA. He's studying the big men out of college and how long they stayed in school, so it won't be surprising to see him stay honestly.

This could be KU's lineup next year(fukin ridiculous lol)

Naadir Tharpe
Wayne Selden
Kelly Oubre
Cliff Alexander
Joel Embiid

College basketball, pepper thine angus
http://oi59.tinypic.com/2ccqt1y.jpg

freshnevafrozen
02-16-2014, 11:35 AM
He could be the next Thabeet, or the next Olajuwon

Shortstop36
02-16-2014, 11:38 AM
It's amazing how many NBA scouts there are here in this forum. So Embiid hits knees with a guy and his back hurts, he's suddenly injury prone? With KU playing TCU, the worst team in the Big 12 yesterday...it made no sense to not rest Embiid.

Nerlens Noel - 31mpg 10.5pts 9.5 59% FG

Yes miles ahead(lol), playing 9 and 10 minutes more a game. Add on the fact that the new college rules have the most inconsistent calls all year. One game they let them play, the next game there's 50+ fouls.

But in the end, I'd love for Embiid to come back. He's a smart kid and wants to set himself up to succeed and not flame out after one contract in the NBA. He's studying the big men out of college and how long they stayed in school, so it won't be surprising to see him stay honestly.

"nba scouts on this forum"

We come here to debate sports you ****ing ***got.

It's clear that embiid isn't on the same level as those guys defensively, YOu're defense to this was posting how many minutes he's played... nice

Iczer
02-16-2014, 11:43 AM
"nba scouts on this forum"

We come here to debate sports you ****ing ***got.

It's clear that embiid isn't on the same level as those guys defensively, YOu're defense to this was posting how many minutes he's played... nice

*Your*

I never argued anything about his defense, not sure what you're talking about. That's the one clear thing Noel and Davis had over Embiid, but make no mistake about it Embiid is getting much better. I was simply pointing out how little Embiid plays because there was a post comparing stats. Embiid does get in foul trouble, but from watching ever game, that happens when you really don't know what is a foul and what is not.

There's a reason why Embiid has gotten as much hype as he's gotten this year in what looks like to be one of the deepest NBA drafts in years. Stay red my friend.

BullBoy8
02-16-2014, 11:45 AM
It should be...

1. Parker
2. Wiggins
3. Embiid
4. Exum
5. Ennis
6. Randle (will be a bust!! Never draft a tweener)

I actually think Randle is underrated now with everyone else getting so much hype. Dude runs the break at times on offense, can hit 3s, beast in the post. He is a more athletic Zach Randolph type. He will be a 20-10 guy in his prime in my opinion.

Who says he is injury prone?

Im saying im not sure Id risk a #1 over all on a big who's back is hurting and knees hurt a little now. Not a big deal now, but it could be, and it might not be obviously too. Just not worth it over a Jabari.

But you are biased so it is understandable on your view.

Iczer
02-16-2014, 11:49 AM
I actually think Randle is underrated now with everyone else getting so much hype. Dude runs the break at times on offense, can hit 3s, beast in the post. He is a more athletic Zach Randolph type. He will be a 20-10 guy in his prime in my opinion.

Who says he is injury prone?

Im saying im not sure Id risk a #1 over all on a big who's back is hurting and knees hurt a little now. Not a big deal now, but it could be, and it might not be obviously too. Just not worth it over a Jabari.

But you are biased so it is understandable on your view.

Exactly my point, so he's sore and now all of a sudden he's got back problems and bad knees. Ok. Man I'd sure hate to see someone tear their ACL and declare for the draft. Oh wait.. Noel just did that. That's weird that an NBA team would draft a player so high with a bad knee.

I'm just fukin with you, but you're just exaggerating a player that is sore and got some rest. There's nothing to back up or prove that Embiid has a bad back and knees. I'm sure NBA teams will do a thorough physical on him to see how healthy he is if/when he declares and goes in for workouts.

SighGR
02-16-2014, 12:11 PM
I dont know why Kobe would accept that contract even if he was offered it.
fuk that. Billionaire owners have the best salary cap in sports, in regards to superstar contracts, yet it's the most profitable player in their franchise history that has to take the pay cut? Screw them. Get yours.

BullBoy8
02-16-2014, 12:18 PM
fuk that. Billionaire owners have the best salary cap in sports, in regards to superstar contracts, yet it's the most profitable player in their franchise history that has to take the pay cut? Screw them. Get yours.

Im saying if you want to win another title to get to 6. Taking 2yrs 48mil hurts the teams chances to build a contender for these next 2 years until he retires. And since money obviously isnt an issue for him is another reason I would think he would have been ok making 15 mil a year instead of 24.

DatHobgoblin
02-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Exactly my point, so he's sore and now all of a sudden he's got back problems and bad knees. Ok. Man I'd sure hate to see someone tear their ACL and declare for the draft. Oh wait.. Noel just did that. That's weird that an NBA team would draft a player so high with a bad knee.

I'm just fukin with you, but you're just exaggerating a player that is sore and got some rest. There's nothing to back up or prove that Embiid has a bad back and knees. I'm sure NBA teams will do a thorough physical on him to see how healthy he is if/when he declares and goes in for workouts.the blazers did a physical on oden look how well that went... you just cant trust many bigs today going first overall especially with a guy like embiid who will be a project to start off... your number one overall needs to be a franchise changer and immediate impact guy and thats jabari.. no debate

poonpounder311
02-16-2014, 01:01 PM
This could be KU's lineup next year(fukin ridiculous lol)

Naadir Tharpe
Wayne Selden
Kelly Oubre
Cliff Alexander
Joel Embiid

College basketball, pepper thine angus
http://oi59.tinypic.com/2ccqt1y.jpg

But who was Perry Ellis?

99.99% sure he's coming back also, dude's been the best player on the team for the last few weeks.

Iczer
02-16-2014, 01:10 PM
But who was Perry Ellis?

99.99% sure he's coming back also, dude's been the best player on the team for the last few weeks.

I was being more facetious, since we got some ballers coming in next year. Ellis will probably continue to start but Alexander is gonna be beast mode off the bench.

cor030
02-16-2014, 01:11 PM

It's hilarious that the bobcats pick the one year they could actually draft a big time guy without the top pick(we all know the NBE would never give them a #1) to not tank.

Not that they're a player away or anything but it'd be a big step in the right direction.

BullBoy8
02-16-2014, 01:12 PM
It's hilarious that the bobcats pick the one year they could actually draft a big time guy without the top pick(we all know the NBE would never give them a #1) to not tank.

Not that they're a player away or anything but it'd be a big step in the right direction.

And the Bulls get their pick this year (top 10 protected)

cor030
02-16-2014, 01:29 PM
And the Bulls get their pick this year (top 10 protected)

Damn shame, too. They have Detroits pick (top 8 protected) and Portlands pick. If they somehow manage to finish in the top 10 they could have a pretty damn significant draft.

But since it's the bobcats they'll get the 11th pick and Detroit will get the 8th.

I hate teams tanking but in the NBE it's unfortunately the best (only?) way for bad, small market teams to get better.

KCBadBoy
02-16-2014, 01:34 PM
I was being more facetious, since we got some ballers coming in next year. Ellis will probably continue to start but Alexander is gonna be beast mode off the bench.

Greene and Frankamp will continue to improve, along with Frank Mason.

chlaxman
02-16-2014, 01:38 PM

I've said that exact line like 100 times. BRB being excited to make the playoffs in the worst conference of all time. BRB missing out on ridiculously great talent in the draft. BRB only having 2 good starters. They need to sit Al the rest of the season wth ankle issues.

But knowing them they'd have ****ed up their pick anyways...Cody ****ing LOL Zeller.

Swept
02-16-2014, 08:22 PM
McDormett top 5 LMAO, he will be lucky to be top 15.

At worst Embiid is Roy Hibbert

jsmoor09
02-16-2014, 08:28 PM
Embiid is going to be very good at the next level. The ceiling is very high. He's not as good as Anthony Davis, but most aren't.

I agree, it's surprising he's projected to go #1 in such a loaded draft. It'll fluctuate I'm sure. I think Wiggins and Parker are your 2 best Franchise Players. But, teams need quality centers, and Embiid's shot blocking may get him there.

But OP who doesn't know the kid's name, lists Doug McDermott as the #3 best draft option isn't credible..

ballzofpeaze
02-16-2014, 08:31 PM
i dont think he's going to be a bus at all.

busts =

lavine
smart
potentially randle if he finds himself being a tweener

superstars =

wiggins
exum
embiid

all stars

parker
vonleh
stauskas