PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition advice

Jabba28
02-15-2014, 09:58 AM
Just started All pro beginners programme as this looked most suitable for myself.
I am 5'7 and 179lbs but my weight is around my waist and chest.
My questions are: do I need to be in calorific deficit or surplus. I have toned legs and arms so want these to get bigger but lose the belly fat and tone my chest.
Any help or suggestions on this subject or workouts will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

John

rhadam
02-15-2014, 10:37 AM
Pick 1. Either choose to lose fat, or choose to gain muscle. If you feel you are undersized in the muscle department, bulk up then cut. Typically that's the most convenient way to do it.

Jabba28
02-15-2014, 11:03 AM
Pick 1. Either choose to lose fat, or choose to gain muscle. If you feel you are undersized in the muscle department, bulk up then cut. Typically that's the most convenient way to do it.

Thanks
Without sounding dumb what's the healthiest and best way to do this while doing my programme

cls91
02-15-2014, 12:08 PM
Thanks
Without sounding dumb what's the healthiest and best way to do this while doing my programme

By eating a small surplus/deficit (about 10%) above/below your TDEE.

Go to the 'Calculating Calories and Macronutrient' Sticky at the top of this forum and see what your calorie/macro goals should be. Eat foods that will help hit those targets, and are also nutrient dense to provide enough micronutrients and fiber in your diet.

Reading the other Stickies would also be beneficial; they will help clear some common nutritional misconceptions (eating post workout, meal timing, etc.)

Once you've done that, post again with the numbers you've calculated and if you have any other questions