PDA

View Full Version : Ted Wells report is out.... regarding the Incognito incident

DA_MOSS
02-14-2014, 08:36 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/14/press-release-announcing-release-of-ted-wells-report/

enitre report : http://www.nfldolphinsreport.com/

"Said Mr. Wells: “The Report concludes that three starters on the Dolphins offensive line, Richie Incognito, John Jerry and Mike Pouncey, engaged in a pattern of harassment directed at not only Jonathan Martin, but also another young Dolphins offensive lineman and an assistant trainer. The Report finds that the assistant trainer repeatedly was the object of racial slurs and other racially derogatory language; that the other offensive lineman was subjected to homophobic name-calling and improper physical touching; and that Martin was taunted on a persistent basis with sexually explicit remarks about his sister and his mother and at times ridiculed with racial insults and other offensive comments.”

“The Report rejects any suggestion that Martin manufactured claims of abuse after the fact to cover up an impetuous decision to leave the team. Contemporaneous text messages that Martin sent to his parents and others months before he left the Dolphins—which have never before been made public—corroborate his account that the persistent harassment by his teammates caused him significant emotional distress. The Report concludes that the harassment by Martin’s teammates was a contributing factor in his decision to leave the team, but also finds that Martin’s teammates did not intend to drive Martin from the team or cause him lasting emotional injury,” said Mr. Wells."

Thoughts?

certsguccicerts
02-14-2014, 08:48 AM
Political correctness needs to stay out of sports

Onita
02-14-2014, 08:49 AM
Political correctness needs to stay out of sports

I don't think that means what you think it means.

noDaddyno
02-14-2014, 08:51 AM
I think he is mentally weak and from the texts convos with incognito he obviously isnt a complete victim in this situation.

certsguccicerts
02-14-2014, 08:52 AM

Or maybe you just disagree

Forumite
02-14-2014, 08:55 AM
Things are as clear as mud even after the "investigation"............

Onita
02-14-2014, 09:02 AM
Or maybe you just disagree

No, this has nothing to do with "political correctness".

Anyways, the issues between Martin & Incognito just reeks of middle school idiocy. I wouldn't want either of them on my team at this point. Martin has shown he can't handle it. Incognito has shown consistently he's an *******. Hell, he kept a fine book and then tried to get everyone to destroy it. The bigger issue is the harassment of the trainer.

Beliedat
02-14-2014, 09:03 AM
lulz this.

Kind of a dick move the be fukking with a trainer.

LostHoudini
02-14-2014, 09:08 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/14/press-release-announcing-release-of-ted-wells-report/

enitre report : http://www.nfldolphinsreport.com/

Thoughts?

That if they did an investigation on the other 31 teams, you will find the same vulgar behavior on display.

certsguccicerts
02-14-2014, 09:10 AM
No, this has nothing to do with "political correctness".

I disagree. The guys were friends. I think Martin has an ulterior motive and hiding behind "racism." But we are entitled to our opinions.

See below:

"The Report finds that the assistant trainer repeatedly was the object of racial slurs and other racially derogatory language; that the other offensive lineman was subjected to homophobic name-calling"

"sexually explicit remarks about his sister and his mother and at times ridiculed with racial insults and other offensive comments."

PC: agreeing with the idea that people should be careful to not use language or behave in a way that could offend a particular group of people

BEASTMODE420
02-14-2014, 09:11 AM
male blow up doll

Beliedat
02-14-2014, 09:14 AM
I disagree. The guys were friends. I think Martin has an ulterior motive and hiding behind "racism." But we are entitled to our opinions.

See below:

"The Report finds that the assistant trainer repeatedly was the object of racial slurs and other racially derogatory language; that the other offensive lineman was subjected to homophobic name-calling"

"sexually explicit remarks about his sister and his mother and at times ridiculed with racial insults and other offensive comments."

PC: agreeing with the idea that people should be careful to not use language or behave in a way that could offend a particular group of people
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r200/ff810/Obama_door_close_McCain.gif

LostHoudini
02-14-2014, 09:17 AM
Jim Turner is done. Should of been gone anyhow, he is a terrible coach. Only thing that might help the Dolphins in this catastrophic failure of events is this:

We find that Head Coach Joe Philbin was not aware of the mistreatment of
Martin, Player A or the Assistant Trainer. After interviewing Coach Philbin at length, we
were impressed with his commitment to promoting integrity and accountability
throughout the Dolphins organization—a point echoed by many players. We are
convinced that had Coach Philbin learned of the underlying misconduct, he would have
intervened promptly to ensure that Martin and others were treated with dignity.

ToPHeR35
02-14-2014, 09:19 AM
Seems like it was a collaborative investigation between Ted Wells and Martin's mom...

SpiritFighter
02-14-2014, 09:20 AM
So is the report pretending that martin wasnt playing the same game/making the same type of comments? Really theres only two ways to look at it;

1. Martin is a pus

Or

2. Martin is a scumbag who is trying to take advantage of the chance to get *free* paychecks

Dave P
02-14-2014, 09:21 AM
The thing is 100 pages long and no one has even read the whole thing yet, they are just taking a couple quotes right now.

Will wait/10

Onita
02-14-2014, 09:27 AM
The thing is 100 pages long and no one has even read the whole thing yet, they are just taking a couple quotes right now.

Will wait/10

Lol. You ever have to write a paper in college/HS and tried to do everything you could to space it out? This guy took that to the extreme. It really doesn't take all that long to read, if anyone cares to. I just skimmed some parts and don't care a whole lot about it. It just reinforces they were all *******s.

mcm08n
02-14-2014, 09:31 AM
Jim Turner is done. Should of been gone anyhow, he is a terrible coach. Only thing that might help the Dolphins in this catastrophic failure of events is this:

We find that Head Coach Joe Philbin was not aware of the mistreatment of
Martin, Player A or the Assistant Trainer. After interviewing Coach Philbin at length, we
were impressed with his commitment to promoting integrity and accountability
throughout the Dolphins organization—a point echoed by many players. We are
convinced that had Coach Philbin learned of the underlying misconduct, he would have
intervened promptly to ensure that Martin and others were treated with dignity.

Then he should have used chain of command and gone to his head coach about this, and not be someone who brings down so many others. Could have been handled in house and probably gotten through it.

L0lJ0ker3
02-14-2014, 09:55 AM
apparently the other offenisve linemen that was being bullied was called homophopic slurs while being subjected to inappropriate physical touching.

I'm not entirely sure what that last part means.... but if you're touching another man while calling them a phaggot.... contradictory much?

lsiberian
02-14-2014, 10:04 AM
The Dolphins suck, Incognito is an idiot and Martin is looking for that fat check.

Miked1978
02-14-2014, 10:32 AM
The Dolphins suck, Incognito/Pouncey are idiots and Martin is weak minded.

fixed

dannyg2127
02-14-2014, 10:57 AM
This thing is automatically bias. When you look back at locker room interactions and friendships out of context and on paper there is no way it will ever look good.

Martin never made it clear he didn't like how he was being treated. As far as Incognito and the other guys knew it was just them messing around with their friend.

GrecoRoman
02-14-2014, 11:15 AM
That if they did an investigation on the other 31 teams, you will find the same vulgar behavior on display.

lmao at dolphins fans trying to use this line now. Funny how it didn't work this way 6 years ago..

noDaddyno
02-14-2014, 12:34 PM
lmao at dolphins fans trying to use this line now. Funny how it didn't work this way 6 years ago..

obviously you don't play much sports. pretty much every locker room at all levels has chit like this going on

Onita
02-14-2014, 12:36 PM
obviously you don't play much sports. pretty much every locker room at all levels has chit like this going on

wooooosh

WRXbrah
02-14-2014, 12:41 PM
Do you defend the guy who was used as a scapegoat but was caught using racial slurs pissing off half of America or do you side with Martin because its the politically correct thing to do and it will save you lawsuit money in the long run?

NFL hopes this will happen to save them.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/cut_off_florida.gif

LostHoudini
02-14-2014, 12:44 PM
lmao at dolphins fans trying to use this line now. Funny how it didn't work this way 6 years ago.. Sacrificial lambs. You just have to make sure you aren't the first to get caught. Also, I don't condone this behavior in any way, shape or form. I believe there are better ways to weed out those who might be perceived as "weaker".

Let me say as a Miami fan, we are probably going to get hammered and even lose a draft pick but ultimately deserve this ****. Goodell will come out in the next few days with some new NFL policy about the workplace environment within the NFL.

What I didn't know was others were involved not just Incognito. Pouncey has a huge part in it as well and will probably get suspended. How long I don't know but it's going to happen.

On the bright side, Miami does has alot of talent and I wondered why the team was such a clusterfuk. I would get rid of all of those involved and start over fresh. It's going to suck but I believe it may very well be what is needed to bring any success this franchise in the near future.

jacklambert58
02-14-2014, 01:10 PM
There was no way that a conclusion other than what the report "found" would have been published in this day and age. The whole thing is a farse, really. Just wait a few months 'til this blows over & get back to football. Everyone will be talking about the "Gay" Draft for the next 6-12 months, anyhow..

sdballer5588
02-14-2014, 03:19 PM
Textgate
Bullygate
Bitchgate

For some reason the radio talking heads were obsessed with the stuff about Tootsies.

swimmer32
02-14-2014, 03:28 PM
I'm sure this type of stuff goes on in every locker room. But when you tell a guy you're going to rape his sister, and he tells you to knock it off, then that's a topic that you need to stay away from.

Herr13
02-14-2014, 03:41 PM
so what happened to Martin saying he was going to rape Incognito with sandpaper condoms and kill his entire family? fukking espn I swear

Incognito might be a douchebag but Martin is a fukking weak backstabbing pussy. ****ing 6'5 300lb starter in the NFL and cry about **** like this.

jimmies rustled, fukking ruined his career

reading report now

On Sunday, May 5, at 12:58 am, Martin’s mother wrote to him: “How
was the yacht. So jealous!!!!” At 2:19 am, Martin replied:
I’m never gonna change. I got punked again today. Like a
little bitch. And I never do anything about it.
I was sobbing in a rented yacht bathroom earlier

Kenjisama
02-14-2014, 03:43 PM
How can one be racist again their own race? Lol this whole thing is a joke. The sports community needs to move on from this and forget it ever happened. Next they'll be reports coming from the military that someone was yelling at them...