PDA

View Full Version : Are the Warriors the most overrated team in the NBA?

zsr
02-13-2014, 05:49 PM
People talk about them like they are a legit title contender. Uwutm8? Once Memphis gets healthy GS is probably gonna miss the playoffs. Never seen so much hype for a mediocre team.

ShweezyBTFO
02-13-2014, 05:50 PM
been saying it all year brah. We're surrounded by potato warriors fans on here.

Day1086
02-13-2014, 05:56 PM
Right now as they sit on 8th seed and are target of thread after thread like this, they're prob the most underrated

Future24
02-13-2014, 05:57 PM
Yes they suck.

zsr
02-13-2014, 05:59 PM
been saying it all year brah. We're surrounded by potato warriors fans on here.

I'm with you brah

Right now as they sit on 8th seed and are target of thread after thread like this, they're prob the most underrated

Lmao at underrated. People have been putting them in the title discussion all year long for some reason. Just because they are fun to watch doesn't mean they are a good team brah.

khanvictt
02-13-2014, 06:00 PM
strongest pretender team in the west lmfao. the first round of the playoffs is their ceiling

IH8RICE
02-13-2014, 06:02 PM
I think curry being a stud has warrior fans going full potato. The guy is amazing, his other teammates on the other hand.....

zsr
02-13-2014, 06:04 PM
I think curry being a stud has warrior fans going full potato. The guy is amazing, his other teammates on the other hand.....

Agreed. Imagine if he had a supporting cast. He may already be the best shooter of all time.

Jmadden44
02-13-2014, 06:06 PM
Clips gonna disappear come playoff time.

Day1086
02-13-2014, 06:06 PM
Curry can single handedly win playoff series

And you're a potato if you think the warriors won't have a competitive series with literally any team in the league

They are absolutely underrated based on current record and regular season performance. The evidence of this is that everyone who comes into this thread will agree with you.

zsr
02-13-2014, 06:08 PM
Curry can single handedly win playoff series

And you're a potato if you think the warriors won't have a competitive series with literally any team in the league

They are absolutely underrated based on current record and regular season performance. The evidence of this is that everyone who comes into this thread will agree with you.

Lol you realize there's a legitimate chance they won't even make the playoffs right

Day1086
02-13-2014, 06:10 PM
Lol you realize there's a legitimate chance they won't even make the playoffs right

You realize they have probably the easiest schedule in the western conference for the remainder of the season?

Ill eat my own nutsack if warriors miss the playoffs (cancel this if curry is injured)

Wu-Massacre
02-13-2014, 06:13 PM
The team would be better if Andre Iguodala was playing better.

zsr
02-13-2014, 06:15 PM
The team would be better if Andre Iguodala was playing better.

Agreed. He isn't even playing lockdown defense like he had been before this year either. They need him to play like he did when he was a defensive player of the year candidate

cashinout
02-13-2014, 06:16 PM
Agreed. Imagine if he had a supporting cast. He may already be the best shooter of all time.

imagine curry on lebrons team...

i'd probably die of something

brb 10 championships in a row

Day1086
02-13-2014, 06:18 PM
Agreed. He isn't even playing lockdown defense like he had been before this year either. They need him to play like he did when he was a defensive player of the year candidate

Iguodala stated that his hamstring isnt right and won't be normal for the whole season

Pre-injury his fit on warriors looked perfect

IH8RICE
02-13-2014, 06:21 PM
imagine curry on lebrons team...

i'd probably die of something

brb 10 championships in a row

The way he straight embarrassed chalmers last night has me thinking pat Riley needs to make some godfather-type **** happen again. I'd love to see curry at point for the heat....brb averaging 125ppg as a team.

cashinout
02-13-2014, 06:24 PM
The way he straight embarrassed chalmers last night has me thinking pat Riley needs to make some godfather-type **** happen again. I'd love to see curry at point for the heat....brb averaging 125ppg as a team.

curry + lebron would be unstoppable

i think curry would have to change his game just a little bit, but could you imagine lebron driving to the basket and having curry out on the wing to kick it out to EVERY. TIME.

zsr
02-13-2014, 06:24 PM
Iguodala stated that his hamstring isnt right and won't be normal for the whole season

Pre-injury his fit on warriors looked perfect

Yeah it did. Especially with how good he defends PGs it looked like a great fit

zsr
02-13-2014, 06:25 PM
curry + lebron would be unstoppable

i think curry would have to change his game just a little bit, but could you imagine lebron driving to the basket and having curry out on the wing to kick it out to EVERY. TIME.

Curry and Ray. Oh lawd. BRB Lebron driving and kicking to probably the two greatest shooters of all time.

02-13-2014, 06:28 PM

This... I do NOT think we're contenders at this point in time. We have a borderline superstar in curry, but who else do we have? Lee is decent and klay can explode at times but he's incredibly inconsistent. Our bench is fckin pathetic. Iggy was a smart pick up for the defensive side of the ball, but the reality is that we still need a few pieces to be considered serious contenders. Get rid of MJax, get a legit two way center and some good shooters and we could have something good.

Dave P
02-13-2014, 06:29 PM
When the Warriors are hitting on all cylinders there is no one that can beat them.

Unfortunately they are very hot/cold and they lack that legit #2 to Stephs #1 to make them a serious title contender.

That being said I think they are the most exciting team to watch.

Jmadden44
02-13-2014, 06:31 PM
Ideas like this is what makes the nba suck. Ever heard of developing your own players and actually being able to keep them? No one wants to see 1 team dominate the entire nba with a bought team. (Other than fans of that team).

Future24
When the Warriors are hitting on all cylinders there is no one that can beat them.

Heat, Pacers, and Thunder can.

Dave P
Heat, Pacers, and Thunder can.

I disagree.

Jmadden44
02-13-2014, 06:32 PM
When most teams are "hitting on all cylinders" they're hard to beat. Lol.

zsr
02-13-2014, 06:33 PM
Ideas like this is what makes the nba suck. Ever heard of developing your own players and actually being able to keep them? No one wants to see 1 team dominate the entire nba with a bought team. (Other than fans of that team).

Agreed. It looked like the warriors were following the OKC blueprint and on their way but Klay and Barnes are so inconsistent and haven't really improved much.

Please, in the NBA you build teams through FA, not the draft. This is not the NFL, the talent pool is incredibly limited and the odds of you building a championship caliber team through the draft are slim. inb4 Sonics/Thunder; they got pretty lucky that they snagged durant instead of oden and westbrook turned out to be as great as he is.

BullBoy8
Predicted them 3rd seed preseason. They need to get a better coach than Mark Jackson and they will be set.

ShweezyBTFO
02-13-2014, 06:34 PM
You realize they have probably the easiest schedule in the western conference for the remainder of the season?

Ill eat my own nutsack if warriors miss the playoffs (cancel this if curry is injured)

in on canceled bet.

IH8RICE
02-13-2014, 06:35 PM
I disagree.

You have a point. When everyone is doing well offensively, it seems to drive up their defensive prowess as well. If they're at home it also helps. They were literally a ginobili prayer shot away last year from beating the spurs. They're so inconsistent though, they can't sustain that kind of play but for a game or two. Last time I checked, series went best of 5 or 7.

cashinout
02-13-2014, 06:35 PM

really? because the lakers, celtics and spurs have consistently been dominate throughout NBA history and people still watch

the fact of the matter is, a handful of teams will ALWAYS be the best, and once you are the best its hard to stop being the best considering you will always have the most talented people wanting to play for your team, you generate the most revenue and yada yada and most of all you have the reputation

ShweezyBTFO
02-13-2014, 06:39 PM
You have a point. When everyone is doing well offensively, it seems to drive up their defensive prowess as well. If they're at home it also helps. They were literally a ginobili prayer shot away last year from beating the spurs. They're so inconsistent though, they can't sustain that kind of play but for a game or two. Last time I checked, series went best of 5 or 7.

They weren't. You're an idiot.

Jmadden44
02-13-2014, 06:39 PM
Please, in the NBA you build teams through FA, not the draft. This is not the NFL, the talent pool is incredibly limited and the odds of you building a championship caliber team through the draft are slim. inb4 Sonics/Thunder; they got pretty lucky that they snagged durant instead of oden and westbrook turned out to be as great as he is.
Spurs?

02-13-2014, 06:41 PM
Spurs?

True. Definitely missed that one. I guess i forgot since it's been a while.

zsr
02-13-2014, 06:42 PM
really? because the lakers, celtics and spurs have consistently been dominate throughout NBA history and people still watch

the fact of the matter is, a handful of teams will ALWAYS be the best, and once you are the best its hard to stop being the best considering you will always have the most talented people wanting to play for your team, you generate the most revenue and yada yada and most of all you have the reputation

Don't forget the Bulls in the 90s too.

But yeah you have a point. I don't like the Miami model and teams trying to copy it, but every team in the league would add 3 superstars if they had a chance. And teams buying a championship have failed more often than they succeed, just this year and last year alone we had the Lakers with Dwight, Brooklyn and the Knicks trying to buy a title and having it backfire in a huge way.

Future24
02-13-2014, 06:47 PM
I disagree.Are we assuming those teams are 'hitting on all cylinders' as well? Also if the Warriors were away I'd bet on the Pacers, Heat, or Thunder every time.

Jmadden44
02-13-2014, 06:47 PM
Don't forget the Bulls in the 90s too.

But yeah you have a point. I don't like the Miami model and teams trying to copy it, but every team in the league would add 3 superstars if they had a chance. And teams buying a championship have failed more often than they succeed, just this year and last year alone we had the Lakers with Dwight, Brooklyn and the Knicks trying to buy a title and having it backfire in a huge way.
That's what I'm saying. All the talent is pooled into a few teams, and those teams are laughably failing. Would have been better suited surrounded by a young team. (Think rockets). Nets, Knicks, lakers. Joke.

Day1086
02-13-2014, 06:49 PM
Are we assuming those teams are 'hitting on all cylinders' as well? Also if the Warriors were away I'd bet on the Pacers, Heat, or Thunder every time.

Well you would've lost money when they gave the heat the business, and Russell Westbrook would've barely saved you some more money

Future24
02-13-2014, 06:51 PM
Well you would've lost money when they gave the heat the business, and Russell Westbrook would've barely saved you some more moneyIf the Heat are at the very top of their game would you ever bet against them at home? I'm talking LeBron playing like he did in game 6 vs the Celtics.

Day1086
02-13-2014, 06:53 PM
If the Heat are at the very top of their game would you ever bet against them at home? I'm talking LeBron playing like he did in game 6 vs the Celtics.

Your wording made it seem like 2 separate statements carry on

Game 6 vs celtics Lebron is unbeatable, fortunately that doesn't happen often

Ivan7x
02-13-2014, 06:55 PM
I disagree.see here is a homer for ya

OKC on all cylinders means goodnight sweet WC. Anyways warriors gonna be fighting to make the playoffs cause as soon as the grizz get healthy theyre in.

Jmadden44
Not every game will be played to the best of the teams ability. The team that plays good enough defense to make up for offensive woes will win a best of 7 game series. Don't think GS has it in em.

Future24
Your wording made it seem like 2 separate statements carry on

Game 6 vs celtics Lebron is unbeatable, fortunately that doesn't happen oftenDave P was talking about Warriors at the top of their game so the conversation was meant to be about those 3 teams on top of their game as well.

Day1086
02-13-2014, 06:57 PM
Not every game will be played to the best of the teams ability. The team that plays good enough defense to make up for offensive woes will win a best of 7 game series. Don't think GS has it in em.

Warriors defense is a lot better than their offense

In terms of defense they are solid, in terms of offense they are only solid when curry puts team on his back and goes bananas, which is what will guaranteedly happen in playoffs

gswarrior510
02-13-2014, 07:26 PM
We need a post player of the bench and a better coach.

GooBaaa
02-13-2014, 07:56 PM
Same fate as the trail blazers and rockets

All overrated teams

montecarlo
02-13-2014, 08:21 PM
edit: ^^^agree. pretenders, not contenders.

its painfully obvious to anyone educated that a team like the warriors cant amount to **** in the playoffs but they can be fun to watch during the season.

Day1086
02-13-2014, 08:24 PM
edit: ^^^agree. pretenders, not contenders.

its painfully obvious to anyone educated that a team like the warriors cant amount to **** in the playoffs but they can be fun to watch during the season.

Warriors are literally the opposite but okay

Frustrating as hell to watch in regular season, but built for playoffs

GooBaaa
02-13-2014, 08:28 PM

Frustrating as hell to watch in regular season, but built for playoffsa streaky jump shooting team isn't built for the playoffs

Day1086
02-13-2014, 08:32 PM
a streaky jump shooting team isn't built for the playoffs

A team with great defense, great starting lineup, and a superstar who elevates in big games, but the weakest bench in the league which holds them back in regular season. Depth doesn't matter in playoffs

montecarlo
02-13-2014, 09:00 PM

Frustrating as hell to watch in regular season, but built for playoffs

refer to this:

a streaky jump shooting team isn't built for the playoffs

MusicalHam
02-13-2014, 09:12 PM
Spurs are way more over rated and people don't see it yet.
GSW people are catching on that they are pretenders.
Then I'd say.. probably the pacers.
lol easiest schedule by far.

Houston most under rated.
"First round bounce blah blah"
Bout to be 2nd seed, only team on a win streak right now going into the allstar break.. first year together Dwight and Harden
Nowhere to go but up

montecarlo
02-13-2014, 09:17 PM
Spurs are way more over rated and people don't see it yet.

lol @ this guy.

MusicalHam
02-13-2014, 09:18 PM
lol @ this guy.They have one of the worst records on the league vs teams over .500
lol@you

GooBaaa
02-13-2014, 09:19 PM
lol @ this guy.delusional rocket fans

MusicalHam
02-13-2014, 09:21 PM
delusional rocket fansThis would be why they're the most under rated. Even though the only team that beats them in the west is OKC...

Yep. Definite signs of being under rated.

GooBaaa
02-13-2014, 09:23 PM
This would be why they're the most under rated. Even though the only team that beats them in the west is OKC...

Yep. Definite signs of being under rated.spurs, grizzlies, OKC are all teams that will beat the rockets in a series

MusicalHam
02-13-2014, 09:27 PM
spurs, grizzlies, OKC are all teams that will beat the rockets in a seriesSpurs get torched hard by the Rockets. Spurs get beaten by everyone now. I doubt they'll even make it out of the first round this year.

Grizzlies are a bad matchup for the Rockets, I think they could beat them though.
Same with OKC. The thunder almost got blown out by the Rockets until they choked. unfortunately.

Yep, signs of being under rated

Jmadden44
02-13-2014, 09:39 PM
Spurs get torched hard by the Rockets. Spurs get beaten by everyone now. I doubt they'll even make it out of the first round this year.

Grizzlies are a bad matchup for the Rockets, I think they could beat them though.
Same with OKC. The thunder almost got blown out by the Rockets until okc's defense choked them in the second half, unfortunately.

Yep, signs of being under rated

Fixed.

MusicalHam
02-13-2014, 09:42 PM
Fixed.They were missing open shots they normally made. but what ever. just proving my case that theyre under rated

Jmadden44
02-13-2014, 09:44 PM
They were missing open shots they normally made. but what ever. just proving my case that theyre under rated

With people picking them to come out of the west at the beginning of the season, not really. They just haven't played up to the expectation.

Howard sucks.

MusicalHam
02-13-2014, 09:46 PM
Howard sucks.This is where your potato status is confirmed.

Jmadden44
02-13-2014, 09:52 PM
This is where your potato status is confirmed.

4-13 for 11pts, then held to 9pts the next meeting during the rockets meltdown vs okc. This is primarily against Perk. Howard's clearly a stud.

Dudes a choke artist. Owners thinking he's their franchise's missing piece, then can't trade him fast enough when he doesn't deliver.

ballzofpeaze
02-13-2014, 10:46 PM
W's far away from being a contender right now, however they have the talent to be soon.

New coach, post presence off the bench is required. I'd love to get rid of Dlee's contract a long with Harrison Barnes for something big.

But i still lol at the hate the sports misc has for the warriors.. none of the warriors fans are aggressive/phaggot posters and they're one of the funnest teams to watch.

You'll all eat my balls when they finish the year strong with an easy schedule and over perform in the playoffs again.

rocketfish11
02-14-2014, 04:50 AM
With.
Out.
A.
Doubt.

It's f*cking hilarious hearing the GSW phaggots claiming they were championship contenders based off a playoff series win against a team without their best player.

Then after a few losses racked up the excuses were 'wait for the playoffs'

Then after a few more losses racked up the excuses were 'wait until iggy the best FA acquisition and the only FA we ever truly wanted gets back'

Then when the Ls begun racking up with Iggy back.. I'm actually not sure what their excuses are now.

'Just wait until the next time we make the playoffs' maybe?

WileyKat
02-14-2014, 09:08 PM
Blazers, OKC, Clippers vs GSW in the first round. Dont think Houston is gonna seed any higher.

GSW is a whole different animal in the playoffs. A clippers series in particular would be fun to watch.

Poppingtags
02-15-2014, 01:34 AM
With.
Out.
A.
Doubt.

It's f*cking hilarious hearing the GSW phaggots claiming they were championship contenders based off a playoff series win against a team without their best player.

Then after a few losses racked up the excuses were 'wait for the playoffs'

Then after a few more losses racked up the excuses were 'wait until iggy the best FA acquisition and the only FA we ever truly wanted gets back'

Then when the Ls begun racking up with Iggy back.. I'm actually not sure what their excuses are now.

'Just wait until the next time we make the playoffs' maybe?

You do realize a little over 2 weeks ago the Warriors were the hottest team in the league right? Teams in the NBA go on hot and cold streaks. The Warriors are going to make the playoffs, probably as a 5-7 seed, as they will pass the Suns, Mavs, and Blazers. IF they play to their potential in the playoffs, they could easily make the conference finals.

And lol at the people ITT who are saying they don't play defense. Their defense is stronger than their offense.