PDA

View Full Version : The Thunder are the best overall team in the NBA and only the Pacers are close

jross2021
02-13-2014, 03:11 PM
Westbrook - Top 5 offensive pg and a great defender.
Sefolosha - Great defender who knows his role and can get active offensively when needed.
Durant - The best player in the NBA. No one can score like he can. People hate on his defense and I cannot figure out why. He shuts his man down all the time.
Ibaka - Becoming one of the best pick and pop big in the game. Great blocker, responsible for the other team missing out on anywhere from 6 to 12 points per game based on blocks alone.
Perkins - Disgustingly bad on offense, but this dude can shut down any big and make it look effortles.

Lamb - Proving himself to be a great 6th man and filling Harden/Martins role with no issues.
Jackson - As we've seen this year is a perfectly capable starting point guard and OKC has the liberty of him running the second unit when westbrook is bake.
Collison - Charge, Hustle, Hustle, Charge, Pick, Pick, Pick, Charge.. you won't find a player in the league that is better at the little things.
Adams - Obviously a rookie, but he has potential to fill a very nice role for OKC.
Fisher - That veteran leadership.

THE ONLY BAD PART:

Scott Brooks - This guy is an absolute idiot, but he slightly has learned this year. OKC CANNOT run a big LU vs. Miami. Miami defends guards and SF's VERY WELL but is bad vs. bigs.. OKC needs to run a Reggie-Westbrook-Sefolosha/Lamb-Durant-Ibaka lineup or something of the sort to beat Miami, but Scott Brooks is too dumb to figure this out somehow. I'm convinced the guy lives in a bubble, because literally everyone knows this except him.

asnp
02-13-2014, 03:14 PM
Scott Brooks brah... Brooks

anxietybrah
02-13-2014, 03:14 PM
If OKC had even a slightly talented center, then good night NBA. As it is now rookie Adams should play the majority of minutes and Perkins should just be used for his two hard flagrant fouls on Lebron.

02-13-2014, 03:18 PM
scott fisher

Fahnestock
02-13-2014, 03:19 PM
Hate Brooks but looks like he finally understands he can't play Perk against Miami based on the last game.

westbigballin
If OKC had even a slightly talented center, then good night NBA. As it is now rookie Adams should play the majority of minutes and Perkins should just be used for his two hard flagrant fouls on Lebron.

This. Perkins is full potato. Steven Adams is looking legit though.

jross2021
Scott Brooks brah... Brooks

dudes so bad I don't even know his name.

Time for Derek Fisher to retire and coach OKC.

sn24
02-13-2014, 03:21 PM
Kendrick Perkins is a joke of a center. I hope for OKC's sake that Adams becomes a solid player. He obviously doesn't need to become a star but an average role player would definitely be enough

frankenberry14
02-13-2014, 03:24 PM
dudes so bad I don't even know his name.

Time for Derek Fisher to retire and coach OKC.

He would just say his daughter is sick to get out of his contract and go coach in LA.

HoustonMiscer
02-13-2014, 03:58 PM
Op you can talk bad about former Rocket Scott Brook and if you do dat its unfurr. Its really unfurr. Not srs. Its furr game

EatingMore
02-13-2014, 04:00 PM
Right on brah. THUNDER UP. KD MVP. Westgoat baking very tenderly. LETSSS GOOOOO

zsr
02-13-2014, 04:05 PM
Scott Brooks should not be an nba head coach. It's amazing how successful they've been despite his awful coaching. Brb no plays, just iso. Brb Perkins must always start.

cashinout
*yawns*

wake me up when the Spurs aren't in the finals

zsr
Kendrick Perkins is a joke of a center. I hope for OKC's sake that Adams becomes a solid player. He obviously doesn't need to become a star but an average role player would definitely be enough

They just need to permeantly play ibaka at center and KD at PF.

SighGR
02-13-2014, 04:28 PM
Scott Brooks impressed me by not playing Perkins vs the Heat. He's learning

Budadiiii
02-13-2014, 04:31 PM
*yawns*

wake me up when the Spurs aren't in the finals
Dat Heat Patriots fan.

No one takes you serious, *******.

Suck a ****ing dick.

TheThrill1
02-13-2014, 04:37 PM
Lol at hate on Brooks.

Look at the Thunder record before he showed up.

Jmadden44
02-13-2014, 04:38 PM
What perk gives okc is highly underrated. Brooks won't play him many minutes vs Miami in the future. We'll find out next week in loud city.

cashinout
02-13-2014, 04:48 PM
Dat Heat Patriots fan.

No one takes you serious, *******.

Suck a ****ing dick.

apparently you do...

"mad" is the term i believe

zsr
02-13-2014, 04:57 PM
What perk gives okc is highly underrated. Brooks won't play him many minutes vs Miami in the future. We'll find out next week in loud city.

He doesn't give them anything on the floor. If you mean in the locker room than sure, but he should just be an assistant coach then. He hasn't been an effective NBA player since Boston, and there's no argument for him even being in the rotation anymore let alone starting, he's a huge minus on both ends of the floor.

ShweezyBTFO
02-13-2014, 04:59 PM
Lol at hate on Brooks.

Look at the Thunder record before Westbrook showed up.

zsr
02-13-2014, 05:01 PM
Lol at hate on Brooks.

Lmao yeah it has nothing to do with KD becoming the 2nd best player in the NBA and westbrook becoming an elite point guard.

It really speaks to the talent of them that they can win like they do in spite of having the worst coach in the NBA. Imagine if they had Thibs or Pop.

Jmadden44
02-13-2014, 05:03 PM
He doesn't give them anything on the floor. If you mean in the locker room than sure, but he should just be an assistant coach then. He hasn't been an effective NBA player since Boston, and there's no argument for him even being in the rotation anymore let alone starting, he's a huge minus on both ends of the floor.

If you watched the games. Tell me LMAs stats vs Perk. ZBos. Timmy's. The man is a defensive stud.

zsr
02-13-2014, 05:07 PM
If you watched the games. Tell me LMAs stats vs Perk. ZBos. Timmy's. The man is a defensive stud.

He's not a defensive stud. He can't move his feet anymore. I can't even believe a Thunder fan is arguing that Perkins is underrated, he's hurts your team every time he steps on the floor but you want him to keep playing? Ok.

Bulkytheboot
02-13-2014, 05:07 PM
agreed

people talk about how much the eastern conference sucks.. but I guarantee the ECF will be a lot more exciting then the WCF.

Jmadden44
02-13-2014, 05:09 PM
He's not a defensive stud. He can't move his feet anymore. I can't even believe a Thunder fan is arguing that Perkins is underrated, he's hurts your team every time he steps on the floor but you want him to keep playing? Ok.

Best record in the nba with him starting. I know he's an offensive liability. I'm not stupid bro. But I watch him lock down the best bigs in the game.

Edit: watch KD's highlight reel. All those big shots, Perk screens. Also an underrated passer. We don't need his scoring. The record indicates that.

Budadiiii
02-13-2014, 05:09 PM
I honestly give him more credit than Durant for the success of the franchise so far. (srs)

He brought the winning culture to OKC. He leads and all the other scrub homos like Jackson, Ibaka, Lamb, Durant, Adams, and Thabo follow.

Westbrook is the most impactful player in the entire NBA when you take everything into account.

zsr
02-13-2014, 05:12 PM
Best record in the nba with him starting. I know he's an offensive liability. I'm not stupid bro. But I watch him lock down the best bigs in the game.

That speaks to how incredible KD and Westbrook really are though. And ibaka obviously.

They would be even better if they an above average center, and that's a scary thought for the other teams in the West. If Adams keeps developing OKC is gonna be insanely good.

anxietybrah
02-13-2014, 05:12 PM
Perkins should at best be the 4th or 5th big choice on any team that wants to win a ship. He can contribute with 6 hard fouls and some brawling against other 'enforcers'.

I just read a rumor saying Thunder wants another shooter. That seems stupid if true, they don't need more shooters, they need to get a decent center, trade away Adams/Perkins with some picks to Houston for Asik, then it is game over.

Jmadden44
02-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Westbrook is the most impactful player in the entire NBA when you take everything into account.

Phucking this. Such fierce competitiveness.

Jmadden44
02-13-2014, 05:14 PM
That speaks to how incredible KD and Westbrook really are though. And ibaka obviously.

They would be even better if they an above average center, and that's a scary thought for the other teams in the West. If Adams keeps developing OKC is gonna be insanely good.

Agree. But who the heck is developing Adams? Perk learned from KG. Adams is under perks wing.

EuropeanHammer
02-13-2014, 05:18 PM
I think we can agree the Rockets, pacers, heat and Thunder are going to be the only contenders for the next 3-4 years

anxietybrah
02-13-2014, 05:23 PM
I think we can agree the Rockets, pacers, heat and Thunder are going to be the only contenders for the next 3-4 years

IF and only if Carmelo goes to Chicago then I could actually see that work with a very strong defense in Noah, Butler etc and then finally someone who can get their own shot in Melo. And that is not counting on Rose. If Rose comes back it could be: Rose, Butler, Melo, Boozer, Noah. That is one hell of a starting lineup. I have a hard time seeing Rose and Melo play together in a fluid offense though.

02-13-2014, 05:24 PM
why all the hate for perkins? dude is a legit elite tier center. his leadership and high basketball iq really contribute to the team. He's like an on court coach.

Jmadden44
02-13-2014, 05:25 PM
why all the hate for perkins? dude is a legit elite tier center. his leadership and high basketball iq really contribute to the team. He's like an on court coach.

No one appreciates his defense. Ie, doesn't watch him play.

anxietybrah
02-13-2014, 05:36 PM
Perkins is way too slow to match up against the Heat. Against stationary centers like Dwight and Hibbert he may be able to do decently. Against Bosh or Duncan he will look silly.

TheThrill1
02-13-2014, 05:40 PM

Westbrook's rookie year: 15.3 pts, 4.9rpg, 5.3apg on 32.5 mins with a record of 23-59

Sophomore year: 16.1pts, 4.9rpg, 8apg on 34.3mins with a record of 50-32. Oh, and Brooks won coach of the year.

But it was all Westbrook.

Perkins is way too slow to match up against the Heat. Against stationary centers like Dwight and Hibbert he may be able to do decently. Against Bosh or Duncan he will look silly.
Decent? Perk owns Howard lol.

Mitch1313
02-13-2014, 06:02 PM
Fukking hate Perkins on offense...

fukking hate Perkins lol.

Has his few decent defensive moments.

gswarrior510
02-13-2014, 06:11 PM
lol at westbrook being the most impactful player in NBA... This is all while KD is single handily carrying thunder to #1 seed without him.

I dont see how you can be that delusional. He's a great player, but his skillset isnt that of the most impactful player

DKPhenomenom
02-13-2014, 06:24 PM

Lol.

EuropeanHammer
02-13-2014, 06:24 PM
Lol.

you're laughing at the fact that the 2 time champs are contenders?

Retards gonna retard

DKPhenomenom
02-13-2014, 06:32 PM
you're laughing at the fact that the 2 time champs are contenders?

Retards gonna retard

Heat aren't making it to the Finals this year, Wade struggles to stay on the court an the Heat struggle without him. After they get knocked out Lebron will go elsewhere and the Heat will fade into obscurity.

BullBoy8
02-13-2014, 06:35 PM

Take out the Pacers. Gonna probably lose Lance and Granger this year. Add Chicago. Add Portland. Then starting in 3 years teams like the Jazz, Magic, Celtics, 76ers as possible contenders. Lakers too since Kobe will be gone by then.

cashinout
02-13-2014, 06:41 PM
Heat aren't making it to the Finals this year, Wade struggles to stay on the court an the Heat struggle without him. After they get knocked out Lebron will go elsewhere and the Heat will fade into obscurity.

this year Heat at all star break: 36-14
last year: 37-14

http://31.media.tumblr.com/790d24d773d70b97cd32035128865e28/tumblr_mqmc8fPEuZ1ruf44ao1_500.jpg

DKPhenomenom
02-13-2014, 06:43 PM
this year Heat at all star break: 36-14
last year: 37-14

http://31.media.tumblr.com/790d24d773d70b97cd32035128865e28/tumblr_mqmc8fPEuZ1ruf44ao1_500jpg

So, which team are you going to be a fan of next season?

cashinout
02-13-2014, 06:44 PM
So, which team are you going to be a fan of next season?

the heat, right up until lebron retires after his 3rd repeat

DKPhenomenom
02-13-2014, 06:46 PM
the heat, right up until lebron retires after his 3rd repeat

Lol.

The only way Lebron is getting another ring is if he joins OKC and comes off the bench for KD.

cashinout
02-13-2014, 06:51 PM
Lol.

The only way Lebron is getting another ring is if he joins OKC and comes off the bench for KD.

prepare yourself for the next 10 years of superman prime aka lebron and batman aka bosh dominance

TheThrill1
02-13-2014, 06:53 PM
prepare yourself for the next 10 years of superman prime aka lebron and batman aka bosh dominance
They're like 6-7 without washed up Wade lol.

MurkinSeason
02-13-2014, 06:55 PM
Thunder
Pacers
Heat

In that order

icewill36
02-13-2014, 07:04 PM
thunder would destroy the pacers.

if OKC is healthy they should win it all, but king james would make it tough should they make it through indiana.

montecarlo
02-13-2014, 07:08 PM
best OVERALL as far as properly built and talent distribution? the pacers, easy.

montecarlo
02-13-2014, 07:09 PM
thunder would destroy the pacers.

if OKC is healthy they should win it all, but king james would make it tough should they make it through indiana.

i like how you base all of your claims on nothing.

ctownballer04
02-13-2014, 07:41 PM
I agree with half of this thread. I don't think the Pacers are any better then the other top teams.

Thunder are far and above the best team in the NBA right now.

BullBoy8
02-13-2014, 07:44 PM
i like how you base all of your claims on nothing.

OKC matches up so well against the Pacers. No one can stop durant or westbrook on the pacers. Perkins is actually useful for once against Hibbert. Iblocka is at worst as good as West, better so far this year. This is the deepest Thunder team yet. They would beat the Pacers in 5, 6 at most

best OVERALL as far as properly built and talent distribution? the pacers, easy.

Yet they wont make the ECFs. (srs)

montecarlo
02-13-2014, 08:08 PM
OKC matches up so well against the Pacers. No one can stop durant or westbrook on the pacers. Perkins is actually useful for once against Hibbert. Iblocka is at worst as good as West, better so far this year. This is the deepest Thunder team yet. They would beat the Pacers in 5, 6 at most

fair argument, but you also say no one can stop durant and westbrick brick. i disagree, the pacers can stop them. lance goeatenson + pg + west/hibbert = too much for kd to handle. best D in the league.

Yet they wont make the ECFs. (srs)

u wut m8?

Jmadden44
02-13-2014, 08:16 PM
fair argument, but you also say no one can stop durant and westbrick brick. i disagree, the pacers can stop them. lance goeatenson + pg + west/hibbert = too much for kd to handle. best D in the league.

http://i57.tinypic.com/ipctx0.jpg

montecarlo
02-13-2014, 08:19 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/ipctx0.jpg

1 regular season game.

Jmadden44
02-13-2014, 08:20 PM
1 regular season game.

That's all that we've been able to see. Lots of adjustments to be made if you think their legs can last in a best of 7 with okc.

BullBoy8
02-13-2014, 08:24 PM

u wut m8?

KD doesnt have to handle them alone. KD is now like Lebron. No excuse to not win with the supporting cast around him. PG straight up said Durant is the hardest person to guard for him, aka he cant stop him. No one can stop westbrook. Reggie off the bench, Lamb getting better, Collison and Adams are legit backup bigs. Perry jones for small ball.

This is all assuming Westy is healthy for the playoffs though.

Pacers 2014 record 15-7
Bulls 2014 Record 15-7

We coming for that ECFs. Then watch the Pacers lose Lance and Granger (not really relevant though) this offseason

BellyCummer
02-13-2014, 08:54 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing a lineup of RW, Sef/Lamb, Durant, PJ3, and Ibaka against smaller teams.

I've been impressed by PJ3 when I've seen him this year.

Jmadden44
02-13-2014, 08:59 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing a lineup of RW, Sef/Lamb, Durant, PJ3, and Ibaka against smaller teams.

I've been impressed by PJ3 when I've seen him this year.

Essentially what they ran vs the heat when they shot the lights out last month.

montecarlo
02-13-2014, 09:04 PM
We coming for that ECFs. Then watch the Pacers lose Lance and Granger (not really relevant though) this offseason

strong delusions thinking bulls can make ecf. also lol @ saying lance goat isnt relevant...hes one of the main guys that would be frustrating durant/westbrick.

BullBoy8
02-13-2014, 09:19 PM
strong delusions thinking bulls can make ecf. also lol @ saying lance goat isnt relevant...hes one of the main guys that would be frustrating durant/westbrick.

Bulls have the best front court in the East. We will shut everyone down on the Pacers.

But I didnt say Lance is irrelevant, I am saying Granger is. As in losing Granger wouldnt hurt the Pacers at all. Losing Lance will and they wont be true contenders without him if they lose him in free agency. Heck, I would love to Bulls to get him if it were possible.