PDA

View Full Version : How can people dispute that Curry is a top 5 player in NBA at worst?

gswarrior510
02-13-2014, 01:12 PM
Obviously #1 and #2 are Durant/Lebron.. (idk whichever order).

After that it's clear that it's between Curry and CP3. You could make an argument with Melo based on his previous seasons or whatnot, but it's moot to being a better player this season.

25/9/4 on 60% TS. Those numbers haven't been posted in 20+ years. The point differential with him sitting is ridiculous.

juniornac1
02-13-2014, 01:53 PM
Love
Melo
CP3

All ahead of him

gswarrior510
02-13-2014, 01:59 PM
Love
Melo
CP3

All ahead of him

Love - awful defender as a big which is much worse than being an average defender like Curry at PG , doesn't win games, can't create his own shot, basically a 3 point shooting version of David Lee of 2 years ago.
Melo - bad defender as a forward, not as good of an offensive player, bad conditioning (produces poorly as the game progresses)
CP3 - wash. Curry is a better scorer, CP3 is a better passer. Everything else is roughly a wash.

ShweezyBTFO
02-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Because not all of us are dumb phaggots like you OP

Westbrook
CP3
Melo
Durant
LeGOAT

that's 5 off the dome and I'm probably missing at least 5 other options.

MusicalHam
02-13-2014, 02:05 PM
#8 Seed West and possibly gonna miss the playoffs

2-1 vs Clippers
0-2 vs Spurs
1-2 vs OKC
1-1 vs Blazers
0-2 vs Rockets
1-2 vs Suns
1-1 vs Heat
0-1 vs Pacers

6/18 (.333) vs top teams

totally in the top 5.. right..

Dave P
02-13-2014, 02:08 PM
As a Warriors fan, even I dont believe that.

Ivan7x
02-13-2014, 02:10 PM
Top 5 player + Thompson,Iggy,Bogut,Barnes,Lee, etc.

8th seed

sdballer5588
02-13-2014, 02:17 PM
You cnnot knock someone ELSE as a bad defender, when curry is bar none the worst PG defender in the league, with maybe Steve Nash being worse, but he's 40 and basically dead.

Lillard and Curry are both HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE defenders.

Lol @ trying to help curry calling him average. No good nba analyst would call him anything but BAD on defense, if not worse. FFS Jalen and Rose just basically sht on him lillard and kyries defense for like 10 straight minutes.

gswarrior510
02-13-2014, 02:29 PM
PG is the least important position on defense, hence Warriors having a top 5 defense in NBA despite missing Iguodala for 10+ games.

Carmelo and Love being bad defenders is much more of a fault than Curry being an average defender.

MusicalHam
02-13-2014, 02:30 PM
PG is the least important position on defense, hence Warriors having a top 5 defense in NBA despite missing Iguodala for 10+ games.

Carmelo and Love being bad defenders is much more of a fault than Curry being an average defender.

dis guy srs?

ShweezyBTFO
02-13-2014, 02:31 PM

Please PLEASE PLEASE enlighten us with the numbers to back up this claim. The same numbers that let you fall in love with phaggots like Monta Ellis rofl

Psyren
02-13-2014, 02:32 PM
this n!gga talking bout defense while praising curry

can't make this stuff up

bdub2070
02-13-2014, 02:35 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/warriors/images/CurryInfoGraphic.jpg

On pace to be first player since Nate Archibald in 1976 to be top 5 in the league in points and assists this season.

Steph Curry is the GOAT shooter

sdballer5588
02-13-2014, 02:36 PM

Lol? What fkn metric are you looking at.

9th in ppg
4th opp fg% <--- this what you meant?
6th in differential

dtbrehm
02-13-2014, 02:41 PM

9th in ppg
6th in differential
Probably means points per 100 possessions. Think they're still top-5 in that.

Ivan7x
02-13-2014, 02:41 PM

Carmelo and Love being bad defenders is much more of a fault than Curry being an average defender.lmao

ShweezyBTFO
02-13-2014, 02:42 PM

9th in ppg
6th in differential

pretty easy to have a good OPP FG% when your opponent gets so many additional FG attempts due to your "top 5 player" PG's turnovers leading to fast breaks leading to a broken ankle in the future.

sdballer5588
02-13-2014, 02:42 PM
Probably means points per 100 possessions. Think they're still top-5 in that.

So defensive efficiency? Ok.

bdub2070
02-13-2014, 02:46 PM
So defensive efficiency? Ok.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff

4th in the league...

ThaWorldIsYours
02-13-2014, 02:48 PM
I hate watching the Warriors. Curry and Thompson jacking up 15+ 3's while Lee & Bogut bust their ass doing all the dirty work and hardly ever get a post-up.

I admit Curry is a top 10 talent, just don't like his game. Or his smug 14 year old face.

sdballer5588
02-13-2014, 02:48 PM

4th in the league...

You do not understand how that stat works though, do you. That does not mean you can blanket "they're a top 5 defense"

Also - how does this remove that Curry is an awful defender? lol are you implying bad defenders can't exist on good defensive teams?

02-13-2014, 02:49 PM
Curry isn't a top 5 player, coming from a huge fan. Top 10 easily, but he's not there yet. I think he's somewhere in the 6-8 range. Defense is looking somewhat better but still really suspect.

HelloDurr
02-13-2014, 02:50 PM
Can't believe I'm saying this. But I agree with the Lebron nutthuggers in here

ShweezyBTFO
02-13-2014, 02:51 PM

4th in the league...

All that defensive efficiency and yet the average total for any Warriors game is set at ~210. Good job good effort.

In the real world, they are miles behind the Bulls, Pacers, and Grizzlies.

bzman
02-13-2014, 02:55 PM
Top 5 shooter / 3 baller .. maybeeeee ... Top 5 overall?? oh lol

sdballer5588
02-13-2014, 02:56 PM
Also - what an odd time to make this thread. As your pg gets shown up in his own house on his own variation of shots, after Curry makes a very LeBron esque and 1

ShweezyBTFO
02-13-2014, 02:59 PM
Also - what an odd time to make this thread. As your pg gets shown up in his own house on his own variation of shots, after Curry makes a very LeBron esque and 1

look at the dude's sig, it's obvious he's a pathetic nuthugger. Probably thinks Drake is the GOAT MC.

Drake is barely better than Em.

TexasMajor
02-13-2014, 03:04 PM
Steve Nash being worse, but he's 40 and basically dead.

That's cold blooded, son.

gswarrior510
02-13-2014, 04:00 PM
bottom line is, Curry is a top 3 offensive player in NBA. The next contenders for top 5 spots are not good defenders by any stretch of imagination (or they are not nearly as good offensively like Paul George)

You do not understand how that stat works though, do you. That does not mean you can blanket "they're a top 5 defense"

Also - how does this remove that Curry is an awful defender? lol are you implying bad defenders can't exist on good defensive teams?

it doesn't, you are a ****ing moron. If you learned how to read, you would know what I'm talking about.

Warriors are a top 5 defensive team. Curry is an average defender. Defense at the POINT GUARD position is not nearly as valuable as defense forwards and bigs provide. Even if you split up defense and offense into 50/50 for Centers, you can't do the same for Point Guards where it's closer to 80/20. Kevin Love being a horrible defender hurts his (****ty) team a lot more than Curry being an average defender. Ditto for Carmelo. If your tiny brains can't comprehend my point, than dont ****ing reply to this post.

ShweezyBTFO
02-13-2014, 04:03 PM
it doesn't, you are a ****ing moron. If you learned how to read, you would know what I'm talking about.

Warriors are a top 5 defensive team. Curry is an average defender. Defense at the POINT GUARD position is not nearly as valuable as defense forwards and bigs provide. Even if you split up defense and offense into 50/50 for Centers, you can't do the same for Point Guards where it's closer to 80/20. Kevin Love being a horrible defender hurts his (****ty) team a lot more than Curry being an average defender. Ditto for Carmelo. If your tiny brains can't comprehend my point, than dont ****ing reply to this post.

What is your point? That you're a dumb phaggot who wouldn't know a t-test if it hit him in the face with an aluminum bat? We already know all this.

gswarrior510
02-13-2014, 04:08 PM
and you have to be an idiot to not recognize warriors as a top 5 defense.

4th in DRTG
3rd in forced turnovers
2nd in defensive rebounding
6th in FG% inside
1st in long mid range FG%
7th in mid range FG%

gswarrior510
02-13-2014, 04:14 PM
and speaking of turnovers.. it is a problem for him, but if you are calling Curry out for turnovers, his TOV% is similar to Westbrook's and Wall's.

sdballer5588
02-13-2014, 04:19 PM
Westbrook and Wall are both far better defenders. Stop calling him top 5 if all you mean is 1 side of the ball.

You look retarded.

Day1086
02-13-2014, 05:01 PM
Lol haters gonna hate curry is top 5 and will go down as a top 3 all-time offensive PG and GOAT shooter

He's just the temporary topic of hate because the warriors are struggling despite curry averaging 30 and 9 on ridiculous percentages the last month. When they win he's almost single handedly the reason, when they lose he's usually the only reason it isn't a blowout

ShweezyBTFO
02-13-2014, 05:03 PM
Lol haters gonna hate curry is top 5 and will go down as a top 3 all-time offensive PG and GOAT shooter

He's just the temporary topic of hate because the warriors are struggling despite curry averaging 30 and 9 on ridiculous percentages the last month

How does one become the GOAT after suffering a career-ending ankle injury in 2015?

TheThrill1
02-13-2014, 05:34 PM
Westbrook is top 5.

How quickly they forget...

gswarrior510
02-13-2014, 05:59 PM
Westbrook is top 5.

How quickly they forget...

westbrook is better at... defense? That's about it.

gswarrior510
02-13-2014, 06:00 PM
Westbrook and Wall are both far better defenders. Stop calling him top 5 if all you mean is 1 side of the ball.

You look retarded.

funny how you dont respond to my previous comment. Defense from a PG doesn't matter that much. Curry is a decent team defender to where he doesn't hurt his team whatsoever, he gets a lot of steals and a fair share of rebounds.

TheThrill1
02-13-2014, 06:08 PM
westbrook is better at... defense? That's about it.

Everything except 3s and fts.

bdub2070
02-13-2014, 06:11 PM
Because not all of us are dumb phaggots like you OP

Westbrook
CP3
Melo
Durant
LeGOAT

that's 5 off the dome and I'm probably missing at least 5 other options.

Name some more players that you think are better than Steph Curry, seeing as you are "probably missing at least 5 other options"?

Day1086
02-13-2014, 06:12 PM
Everything except 3s and fts.

Don't go full potato. Curry beats Westbrook in every statistical category (maybe rebounds) and rapes him in efficiency

And curry doesn't have the best player in the nba on his team

bdub2070
02-13-2014, 06:22 PM
lmao at how much these dudes are reaching ITT to try and tarnish Curry.

Not even 1 single good point has been made against him other than trying to heavily exacerbate his defensive issues, which clearly isn't affecting the team's overall D that much.

Meanwhile Curry is posting a stat line that only Magic Johnson, Oscar Robertson, and Jerry West have done in the history of the league....

goeasyimnew
02-13-2014, 06:30 PM
if curry was as good as you claim he is....you wouldn't be the 8th seed

thanks

TheThrill1
02-13-2014, 06:37 PM
Don't go full potato. Curry beats Westbrook in every statistical category (maybe rebounds) and rapes him in efficiency

And curry doesn't have the best player in the nba on his team
Curry has one good year and everyone overreacts lol.

We talking career or this season??

Defense? Westbrook.
Career assists? Westbrook
Career rebounds? Westbrook
Career points? Tied
Career blocks? Westbrook(by .1)
Career steals? Curry(by .1)
Career wins? Westbrook
Longevity? Westbrook
You? Mad

Hoop_Dreams
02-13-2014, 06:50 PM
GS actually has some impressive defensive #'s, especially when you consider the pace they play at.

GooBaaa
02-13-2014, 06:59 PM
westbrook is better at... defense? That's about it.have you ever watched a okc game?

montecarlo
02-13-2014, 07:19 PM
rondo/westbrick/cp3 > curry

just for pgs

gswarrior510
02-13-2014, 08:00 PM
and not a single good point has been made against that claim.

Curry has one good year and everyone overreacts lol.

We talking career or this season??

Defense? Westbrook.
Career assists? Westbrook
Career rebounds? Westbrook
Career points? Tied
Career blocks? Westbrook(by .1)
Career steals? Curry(by .1)
Career wins? Westbrook
Longevity? Westbrook
You? Mad

****ing lol. A player that has been playing for longer has more career stats? What a shocking discovery.

Antwan Jamison >>>> Kevin Love then

rocketfish11
02-14-2014, 04:26 AM
Hey phaggot dub fans.

Here's an insight into how teams (sorry. I added an 's' on the end indicating more then 1 - but that's obviously false since you won't play more then 1 team in the playoffs) will defend Curry in the playoffs.

GSW: high p'n'r for Curry
Opposing team: big man shows hard on the screen up into Curry whilst Curry's man stays with him forcing Curry to offload the ball.

The result = 20 point deficits.

EG: every single GSW vs Rockets game this year.

I mean sure Curry will still finish with 20 odd points.
But the opposing team's starters are laughing all the way to the next round as they ice their knees in the 3rd and 4th quarters

HOW CAN PEOPLE DISPUTE THAT SOMEONE WHO CAN'T LEAD HIS TEAM TO HIGHER THEN 8TH SEED BE CLASSIFIED AS TOP 5 IN THE NBA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day1086
02-14-2014, 04:32 AM
HOW CAN PEOPLE DISPUTE THAT SOMEONE WHO CAN'T LEAD HIS TEAM TO HIGHER THEN 8TH SEED BE CLASSIFIED AS TOP 5 IN THE NBA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I the only one who was unaware that the season ended today?

Warriors finish 5-6 seed, beat houston/portland/clippers in first round, then either beat spurs or have close series with OKC in 2nd round

chlaxman
02-14-2014, 05:03 AM
Hey phaggot dub fans.

Here's an insight into how teams (sorry. I added an 's' on the end indicating more then 1 - but that's obviously false since you won't play more then 1 team in the playoffs) will defend Curry in the playoffs.

Opposing team: big man shows hard on the screen up into Curry whilst Curry's man stays with him forcing Curry to offload the ball.

But the opposing team's starters are laughing all the way to the next round as they ice their knees in the 3rd and 4th quarters

Kobe last year?

02-14-2014, 05:06 AM
Hey phaggot dub fans.

every time you post it's like you're always so mad.. Put curry with some better players around him and they're instant contenders. You clearly don't realize how the dubs need curry. He's their saving grace.

Kobe last year?

chlaxman dropping unprecedented knowledge to rocketfish.

Ivan7x
02-14-2014, 05:07 AM
Warriors finish 5-6 seed, beat houston/portland/clippers in first round, then either beat spurs or have close series with OKC in 2nd roundlmao

rocketfish11
02-14-2014, 05:23 AM

Warriors finish 5-6 seed, beat houston/portland/clippers in first round, then either beat spurs or have close series with OKC in 2nd round

lmao I was like lmfao is this idiot serious.
But everything you post seems to be either a) delusional or b) just plain stupid.
The more you post the more people realise you know little about the NBA landscape

Kobe last year?

Top 5 in the NBA last year?
Really. Like.. Really?

every time you post it's like you're always so mad.. Put curry with some better players around him and they're instant contenders. You clearly don't realize how the dubs need curry. He's their saving grace.
chlaxman dropping unprecedented knowledge to rocketfish.

By this theory Tracy McGrady is GOAT

sdballer5588
02-14-2014, 05:35 AM
funny how you dont respond to my previous comment. Defense from a PG doesn't matter that much. Curry is a decent team defender to where he doesn't hurt his team whatsoever, he gets a lot of steals and a fair share of rebounds.

How about because I'm 100% sure this statement contradicts everything you have ever posted about defense

I.E. "you can't tell someone is a good defender by rebounds or steals", brb Kevin Love best defender in the league cuz he pulls down mad boards.

You're a fkn potato. Tons of teams have elite PGs now which is a new era of the NBA and somehow you feel having weak defense at that position is a wash for no reason? Lol @ needing Klay to slow down Parker, and ultimately losing that series as Parker shredded your defense.

I'm not going to sit here and debate strawmen with you. Defense matters at every position, especially with the current era of PG heavy play. You denying that is just stupid. Stop handing me chicken sht and telling me it's chicken salad.

MusicalHam
02-14-2014, 05:36 AM

Warriors finish 5-6 seed, beat houston/portland/clippers in first round, then either beat spurs or have close series with OKC in 2nd roundAren't they the 8th seed and would lose to OKC in the first round?
wat?

sdballer5588
02-14-2014, 05:39 AM
Kobe last year?

If you think kobe was top 5 last year you are a confirmed boxscore watcher.

JetLife21
02-14-2014, 06:01 AM
You cnnot knock someone ELSE as a bad defender, when curry is bar none the worst PG defender in the league, with maybe Steve Nash being worse, but he's 40 and basically dead.

Lillard and Curry are both HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE defenders.

Lol @ trying to help curry calling him average. No good nba analyst would call him anything but BAD on defense, if not worse. FFS Jalen and Rose just basically sht on him lillard and kyries defense for like 10 straight minutes.

Do you even Raymond Felton? Curry's D ****s on Fatty Felton's. THere's probably a few more out there but at least Curry is active on defense. He is certainly in the bottom-tier of defenders but OP is correct that Love's lack of defense is a bigger detriment to his team than Curry's lack of defense.

JetLife21
02-14-2014, 06:08 AM
How about because I'm 100% sure this statement contradicts everything you have ever posted about defense

I.E. "you can't tell someone is a good defender by rebounds or steals", brb Kevin Love best defender in the league cuz he pulls down mad boards.

You're a fkn potato. Tons of teams have elite PGs now which is a new era of the NBA and somehow you feel having weak defense at that position is a wash for no reason? Lol @ needing Klay to slow down Parker, and ultimately losing that series as Parker shredded your defense.

I'm not going to sit here and debate strawmen with you. Defense matters at every position, especially with the current era of PG heavy play. You denying that is just stupid. Stop handing me chicken sht and telling me it's chicken salad.

Parker shot 37% in that series which was by far his lowest FG% of any series last season. How exactly is that considered shredding a defense?

Your trolling used to have some substance but now your just lazy. Step your game up.

against LAL - 50%
against Mem - 53%
against Mia (first 5 games when not injured) - 48%

He was terrible against Miami in the last 2 but he was clearly playing with a bad leg injury.

chlaxman
02-14-2014, 06:11 AM
If you think kobe was top 5 last year you are a confirmed boxscore watcher.

There was a question mark there for a reason. But you're somewhat right about the box score watching of the Lakers...because why the hell would I have watched them?

sdballer5588
02-14-2014, 06:25 AM
Parker shot 37% in that series which was by far his lowest FG% of any series last season. How exactly is that considered shredding a defense?

Your trolling used to have some substance but now your just lazy. Step your game up.

against LAL - 50%
against Mem - 53%
against Mia (first 5 games when not injured) - 48%

He was terrible against Miami in the last 2 but he was clearly playing with a bad leg injury.

Haha what?

Conference Semifinals 39.0 8.2-19.2 .426 0.8-1.8 .455 5.3-7.0 .762 4.7 6.2 0.2 0.7 2.0 2.5 22.5

Can you even fukking read?

vs Miami 41.2%
vs Memphis 53.2%
vs GS 42.6%
vs LAL 49.3%

It's considered shredding when you are able to literally pick apart a defense starting from point A to point B C D E F

San Antonio was literally working Golden State. FFS Golden State blew what... a 24 point lead? Parker was their best player. To further prove that PG's matter the most right now, Curry got hurt and they instantly had no shot at winning.

Also - David Lee might be the worst post defender in the NBA, by your logic shouldn't that literally MURDER their defense? Lol logic not even once.

JetLife21
02-14-2014, 06:41 AM
Haha what?

Conference Semifinals 39.0 8.2-19.2 .426 0.8-1.8 .455 5.3-7.0 .762 4.7 6.2 0.2 0.7 2.0 2.5 22.5

Can you even fukking read?

vs Miami 41.2%
vs Memphis 53.2%
vs GS 42.6%
vs LAL 49.3%

Did the math in my head and accidentally added the last games attempts twice. Still though, he had his lowest shooting % by a good margin out of any series if you take out the last two Heat games where he was hobbled to the point where Pop was benching him at the end of games.

They have no shot at winning when Curry gets hurt bc Curry is the team. Thompson is **** w/o Curry. David Lee is a stat-padder and he was hurt last postseason. A rookie Barnes was the second best player on their team last post-season.

So if Parker "shredded" the Warriors what would you say he did to Mem, LAL and Mia when he was healthy. You are acting like Parker had the series of his life against GSW when he played below average compared to how he normally plays.

sdballer5588
02-14-2014, 06:46 AM
Did the math in my head and accidentally added the last games attempts twice. Still though, he had his lowest shooting % by a good margin out of any series if you take out the last two Heat games where he was hobbled to the point where Pop was benching him at the end of games.

They have no shot at winning when Curry gets hurt bc Curry is the team. Thompson is **** w/o Curry. David Lee is a stat-padder and he was hurt last postseason. A rookie Barnes was the second best player on their team last post-season.

So if Parker "shredded" the Warriors what would you say he did to Mem, LAL and Mia when he was healthy. You are acting like Parker had the series of his life against GSW when he played below average compared to how he normally plays.

Lol @ just randomly removing samples that ruin your point

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/anYxYV0_460s_v1.jpg

Parker ran roughshod over every one of those teams for the most part. Which one of them had an elite PG? Memphis was the only one with an elite PG defender and Parker still torched him. Are you now going to try and say that Conley is a bad defender because he gave up 53% shooting and a sweep to parker?

Also - in case you literally had no idea CURRY DID NOT COVER PARKER FOR A SINGLE POSSESSION. Klay Thompson was used on him 100%of the time.

Try watching the fukking game and you won't get yourself torched in threads by sdboxscore because you couldn't take your eyes off the stat sheet.

How ironic. You literally couldn't even read stats off a sheet properly. Game over.

i7OyKAFu50M&feature=kp

JetLife21
02-14-2014, 06:51 AM
Lol @ just randomly removing samples that ruin your point

Parker ran roughshod over every one of those teams for the most part. Which one of them had an elite PG? Memphis was the only one with an elite PG defender and Parker still torched him. Are you now going to try and say that Conley is a bad defender because he gave up 53% shooting and a sweep to parker?

Also - in case you literally had no idea CURRY DID NOT COVER PARKER FOR A SINGLE POSSESSION. Klay Thompson was used on him 100%of the time.

Try watching the fukking game and you won't get yourself torched in threads by sdboxscore because you couldn't take your eyes off the stat sheet.

How ironic. You literally couldn't even read stats off a sheet properly. Game over.

LOL. Facts are Facts and GSW held Parker to his lowest FG% of any other team. Miami is the best team in the league at defending PGs and Parker was doing fine until he got hurt. Losing the argument so you scurry to Youtube and Memes to try and help you huh? Why not just type out legit ****. Why do you need all of these accessories? Trying to take away from your empty words that are in between the accessories?

What I'm saying is that Parker is a wirey bastard and he can get in the lane against any one he chooses to. So you trying to overplay Parker's performance against GSW as a way to back up your opinion on Curry's defense is dumb.

sdballer5588
02-14-2014, 06:53 AM
LOL. Facts are Facts and GSW held Parker to his lowest FG% of any other team. Miami is the best team in the league at defending PGs and Parker was doing fine until he got hurt. Losing the argument so you scurry to Youtube and Memes to try and help you huh? Why not just type out legit ****. Why do you need all of these accessories? Trying to take away from your empty words that are in between the accessories?

Are you retarded? You're in a thread about Curry, I said he is a bad defender.

Klay Thompson holding him to low percentages means WHAT for Curry as a defender? Did you literally read nothing I said? Too upset about the jokes I posted bro?

Curry did not cover Parker. Not for a second.

Day1086
02-14-2014, 06:57 AM
As someone who actually intently watches warriors games -- Parker actually had an injured calf in the warriors series, he was not nearly as limited as curry was though. Parker still played visibly like his normal self, while curry couldn't bring the ball up on his ankle and just sat in corners

If we're discussing defense, it's not like any teams will use their point guard to stick curry either. Denver used brewer and iguodala, spurs used Danny green kawhi and diaw. Putting a point guard on curry is just begging for him to light you up

sdballer5588
02-14-2014, 06:58 AM
As someone who actually intently watches warriors games -- Parker actually had an injured calf in the warriors series, he was not nearly as limited as curry was though. Parker still played visibly like his normal self, while curry couldn't bring the ball up on his ankle and just sat in corners

If we're discussing defense, it's not like any teams will use their point guard to stick curry. Denver used brewer and iguodala, spurs used Danny green kawhi and diaw.

Translation: Teams without elite defending PGs will not use PGs on Curry

Clippers will
OKC will
Memphis will
Miami will
Indiana will

Paul Westbrook Conley Chalmers Stephenson are all good enough defenders, with the first 3 being elite defenders.

Day1086
02-14-2014, 07:01 AM

Clippers will
OKC will
Memphis will
Miami will
Indiana will

Paul Westbrook Conley Chalmers Stephenson are all good enough defenders, with the first 3 being elite defenders.

Only player on that list that would consistently guard curry in the playoffs is Chris Paul and maybe chalmers. Need length to bother him, idk who else the clippers could use so Paul would likely be forced on curry, but Memphis would use tony Allen and OKC would use sefolosha

Teams switch up looks throughout games so Westbrook would get some as well but point remains that point guards don't really have to guard point guards

sdballer5588
02-14-2014, 07:03 AM
Only player on that list that would consistently guard curry in the playoffs is Chris Paul and maybe chalmers. Need length to bother him, idk who else the clippers could use so Paul would likely be forced on curry, but Memphis would use tony Allen and OKC would use sefolosha

For stretches, which would be the same for literally every best offensive weapon of every team. We're getting off topic.

Curry is a below average defender. Suck failure freaks.

Day1086
02-14-2014, 07:06 AM
He's a better defender than advertised, good effort, very good hands to rack up steals, stays active. His biggest problem is over helping off of shooters. He closes out hard but it's too late. He plays D for his physical attributes about as well as he possibly can

But I fail to realize how putting curry on Danny green (who can't abuse the matchup at all) and having klay play excellent D on Parker is even a slight problem. Sounds like a pretty solid system to me

sdballer5588
02-14-2014, 07:07 AM
He's a better defender than advertised

But I fail to realize how putting curry on Danny green (who can't abuse the matchup at all) and having klay play excellent D on Parker is even a slight problem. Sounds like a pretty solid system to me

What is your measuring stick of a system being solid. Obviously not postseason success.

Day1086
02-14-2014, 07:10 AM
What is your measuring stick of a system being solid. Obviously not postseason success.

Already know you'll be mirin when he once again goes berserk for 2nd half of season + playoffs

I never see people (legitimately) criticizing curry during game threads or anything because its pretty fcking hard to when you're watching him do literally everything for the warriors

sdballer5588
02-14-2014, 07:13 AM
Already know you'll be mirin when he once again goes berserk for 2nd half of season + playoffs

I never see people criticizing curry during game threads or anything because its pretty fcking hard to when you're watching him do literally everything for the warriors

Everything except play defense. My only point this whole thread is unless you add the qualifier "offensive player" then you sound kinda retarded. He's top 10 overall, he is not top 5. That is even with all the insane injuries ravaging the league right now.

You would still be hard pressed to take him over CP3, Bron, Durant, Dwight, Griffin, Love, Melo(before anyone says anything about Melo, try not to forget he made a lot of very forgettable Denver teams into contenders)

MusicalHam
02-14-2014, 07:16 AM

Clippers will
OKC will
Memphis will
Miami will
Indiana will

We finna act like Patrick Beverly don't exist and isnt a better defender then all those dudes on PGs?
We forgetting how much he makes Westbrook, parker and cp3 rage when he is constantly in their face the entire game nonstop fullcourt D?

Day1086
02-14-2014, 07:17 AM
Everything except play defense. My only point this whole thread is unless you add the qualifier "offensive player" then you sound kinda retarded. He's top 10 overall, he is not top 5. That is even with all the insane injuries ravaging the league right now.

You would still be hard pressed to take him over CP3, Bron, Durant, Dwight, Griffin, Love, Melo(before anyone says anything about Melo, try not to forget he made a lot of very forgettable Denver teams into contenders)

The magnitude of currys stats and impact go largely underrated. Puts up stats nobody has before and literally spoon feeds everyone else on the team

Weird that Love and melo can be mentioned when their teams suck though

Curry is top 5 but its aight it'll be accepted over time. **** this time last year I'd have a hard time telling people he was top 20

sdballer5588
02-14-2014, 07:20 AM
The magnitude of currys stats and impact go largely underrated. Puts up stats nobody has before and literally spoon feeds everyone else on the team

Weird that Love and melo can be mentioned when their teams suck though

Curry is top 5 but its aight it'll be accepted over time. **** this time last year I'd have a hard time telling people he was top 20

You can crusade that he's underrated all you want. You should be happy someone who is literally atrocious on defense is even regarded the way he is. His offense is transcendent. His defense is just above embarrassing.

kCk3MOKSCcY

JetLife21
02-14-2014, 07:30 AM

I would take him over Griffin and Love. The rest are ahead of him. Griffin has made major strides this year and my opinion on him vs Curry could change if he continues this type of play throughout the postseason.

Melo is criminally underrated. Would love to see him in a Hawks uni if it didn't take $25 million a year.

Day1086
02-14-2014, 07:35 AM
You can crusade that he's underrated all you want. You should be happy someone who is literally atrocious on defense is even regarded the way he is. His offense is transcendent. His defense is just above embarrassing.

kCk3MOKSCcY

Video kinda proves my point. Jalen doesn't even remember curry is in the league until bill Simmons says it lol

Mentions rondo rose dragic and Parker without even thinking about curry. Idk seems in the eyes of national media he still flies slightly under radar. And when he does get mentioned its people who've mainly seen highlights or one game where he went off talking about his "excitement" or limiting him to being just a great shooter etc. His overall recognition (not just hype) will grow over time. Definitely doesn't help that the warriors as a team are underachieving at the moment. Anyone with a brain who's watching knows they're struggling despite curry, not because of. He has them well over .500, they'd win 30 games without him

On this board he has a strong contingent of haters because of how he came seemingly out of nowhere with a hype train of casual fans around march-may last year. Any time there's a circle jerk, there's a counter-circle jerk to follow

TooOld4thisSHIT
02-14-2014, 07:39 AM

Clippers will
OKC will
Memphis will
Miami will
Indiana will

Idk. George Hill is a weak link defensively. He has a tendency of getting raped.

sdballer5588
02-14-2014, 07:40 AM
Video kinda proves my point. Jalen doesn't even remember curry is in the league until bill Simmons says it lol

Mentions rondo rose dragic and Parker without even thinking about curry. Idk seems in the eyes of national media he still flies slightly under radar. And when he does get mentioned its people who've mainly seen highlights or one game where he went off talking about his "excitement" or limiting him to being just a great shooter etc. His overall recognition (not just hype) will grow over time. Definitely doesn't help that the warriors as a team are underachieving at the moment. Anyone with a brain who's watching knows they're struggling despite curry, not because of. He has them well over .500, they'd win 30 games without him

On this board he has a strong contingent of haters because of how he came seemingly out of nowhere with a hype train of casual fans around march-may last year. Any time there's a circle jerk, there's a counter-circle jerk to follow

You have too much of a victim complex. Curry is not under anyone's radar. Jalen Rose momentarily passing over him and then instantly putting him at #1 is not a slight.

Day1086
02-14-2014, 07:47 AM
You have too much of a victim complex. Curry is not under anyone's radar. Jalen Rose momentarily passing over him and then instantly putting him at #1 is not a slight.

Well he had goran dragic at #1 before that so it's not that much of a compliment lol.

Hey at least he didn't say Lillard

Wouldn't say victim complex. More like an I'm right and everyone else is wrong complex. It's working out okay for me so far on curry predictions

sdballer5588
02-14-2014, 07:56 AM
Well he had goran dragic at #1 before that so it's not that much of a compliment lol.

Hey at least he didn't say Lillard

Wouldn't say victim complex. More like an I'm right and everyone else is wrong complex. It's working out okay for me so far on curry predictions

Dragic PER is .13 behind Curry's. Relax.

Day1086
02-14-2014, 08:01 AM
Dragic PER is .13 behind Curry's. Relax.

Must mean they're equal players

I actually like dragic though I drafted him in fantasy expecting him to break out and it's paying dividends

He ain't elite though. He's on that step below, Lillard Conley level tier

sdballer5588
02-14-2014, 08:03 AM
Must mean they're equal players

I actually like dragic though I drafted him in fantasy expecting him to break out and it's paying dividends

He ain't elite though. He's on that step below, Lillard Conley level tier

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Michael-Scott-angry-stare-at-toby.gif

Phoenix was projected to win 17 games, and is currently ahead of GS in the standings, with on paper a FAR worse team.

Somehow you think Dragic is not comparable to other top PGs.

Day1086
02-14-2014, 08:07 AM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Michael-Scott-angry-stare-at-toby.gif

Phoenix was projected to win 17 games, and is currently ahead of GS in the standings, with on paper a FAR worse team.

Somehow you think Dragic is not comparable to other top PGs.

Saying he's on the same level kinda insinuates he'll be a multi allstar type talent and I don't see that happening. Good season and deserved allstar over Lillard though. PG position is strong, he's definitely not as good as the Westbrook/curry/cp3's of the league

sdballer5588
02-14-2014, 08:10 AM
Saying he's on the same level kinda insinuates he'll be a multi allstar type talent and I don't see that happening. Good season and deserved allstar over Lillard though. PG position is strong, he's definitely not as good as the Westbrook/curry/cp3's of the league

I wonder if when Curry had his first decent season I could find you claiming he'd be a multiple all star and everyone else writing him off.

He means as much to a team above Currys in the standings as curry means to his team. His team is also far worse, that is not even debatable.

I hope everyone keeps getting better. The NBA needs as much talent as it can get. Lillard getting in over him is a slap in the face.

Day1086
02-14-2014, 08:24 AM
I wonder if when Curry had his first decent season I could find you claiming he'd be a multiple all star and everyone else writing him off.

He means as much to a team above Currys in the standings as curry means to his team. His team is also far worse, that is not even debatable.

I hope everyone keeps getting better. The NBA needs as much talent as it can get. Lillard getting in over him is a slap in the face.

Curry wasn't .. What.. 28? When he broke out. Dragic is a known commodity who is doing well when placed in a new situation. Dude has plenty of data on his career already. This is very likely to be his best season and its a shame he missed his chance for an allstar appearance

sdballer5588
02-14-2014, 08:45 AM
Curry wasn't .. What.. 28? When he broke out. Dragic is a known commodity who is doing well when placed in a new situation. Dude has plenty of data on his career already. This is very likely to be his best season and its a shame he missed his chance for an allstar appearance

Well sorry I'm not a plant.

GingerBrah
02-14-2014, 08:48 AM
Dosnt play defense
Turns the ball over a ton

GooBaaa
02-14-2014, 09:09 AM
Dosnt play defense
Turns the ball over a tonthis plus he is streaky

DannyStylez
02-14-2014, 09:57 AM
Dosnt play defense
Turns the ball over a ton

This, always my biggest knock on him cause the defense is what it is but he has 204 turnovers this season #1 in the league. If you're gonna call a top 5 player someone who can't play defense and turns the ball over like hot potato then you might have your definitions mixed up.

Anbob
02-14-2014, 12:24 PM
Everything except play defense.

mentions defense, then lists the steve nash of pf's defensively
Curry's not as bad at D as everyone seems to think. Anyone who actually watches warriors game would realize this. Definitely no where close to nash as people seem to think.

this plus he is streaky

Improved his scoring every month this season, and averaged 27.5/8/4 on 47/40% shooting throughout January, and 24/10/5 the month before. Very streaky indeed.

PureCardio
02-14-2014, 01:54 PM
every time you post it's like you're always so mad.. Put curry with some better players around him and they're instant contenders.

What? The Dubs are sitting their with a 70 million dollar roster, and two of their 5 largest minute contributors are on rookie deals. Take the best player off of any team in the West, and the Warriors are one of the best.

Day1086
02-14-2014, 02:04 PM
What? The Dubs are sitting their with a 70 million dollar roster, and two of their 5 largest minute contributors are on rookie deals. Take the best player off of any team in the West, and the Warriors are one of the best.

If you think the warriors team outside of bogut/curry is very good then you don't watch much warriors. Iguodala would be good but he's not playing 100%

Worst bench in the league also.

sdballer5588
02-14-2014, 02:09 PM
If you think the warriors team outside of bogut/curry is very good then you don't watch much warriors. Iguodala would be good but he's not playing 100%

Worst bench in the league also.

David Lee is the most underrated warrior by their own fan base. I swear to god it's like you think if you just removed his 19 10 you'd still be contenders. It is LITERALLY absurd.

MusicalHam
02-14-2014, 03:36 PM
Would take Dragic over Curry anyday. Too bad he was once a rocket.

Streaks
02-14-2014, 04:10 PM
David Lee is the most underrated warrior by their own fan base. I swear to god it's like you think if you just removed his 19 10 you'd still be contenders. It is LITERALLY absurd.

watch?v=z3xPq8oIjPc

ballzofpeaze
02-14-2014, 04:56 PM

I agree with this. I still want him to be moved though.

TheThrill1
02-14-2014, 09:02 PM
and not a single good point has been made against that claim.

****ing lol. A player that has been playing for longer has more career stats? What a shocking discovery.

Antwan Jamison >>>> Kevin Love then
You do know I was talking about averages, right?

Also, this is Currys only season to have better than Westbrook. Who is recovering from like 3 knee surgeries and missed like 30 games.

antiwhitekn1ght
02-14-2014, 09:35 PM
lmao CP3? soooo fukin over-rated omg

ShweezyBTFO
02-14-2014, 09:56 PM
lmao CP3? soooo fukin over-rated omg

and yet you bet on clippers -9 you broke dick lmaoooooooooo

certsguccicerts
02-15-2014, 09:50 AM
curry just hit 3/3 halfcourt shots in asg practice lol. nobody else made any

Day1086
02-15-2014, 10:49 AM
curry just hit 3/3 halfcourt shots in asg practice lol. nobody else made any

That's a layup for wet wet

antiwhitekn1ght
02-15-2014, 11:50 AM
and yet you bet on clippers -9 you broke dick lmaoooooooooo

are you serious?

Blazers was a fukin lock, idk why they gave that line out, easiest line this year probably.

ctownballer04
02-15-2014, 11:58 AM
are you serious?

Blazers was a fukin lock, idk why they gave that line out, easiest line this year probably.

You were also spewing that heat -1 was a lock.

antiwhitekn1ght
02-15-2014, 12:55 PM
You were also spewing that heat -1 was a lock.

and it was

RoxasBrah
02-15-2014, 01:58 PM
David Lee is the most underrated warrior by their own fan base. I swear to god it's like you think if you just removed his 19 10 you'd still be contenders. It is LITERALLY absurd.I don't any other PF if in the league besides TJones can finish around the rim like Lee can.
Amazing offensive PF.

Quite possibly top 10 for the worst defenders in the league. Look up his defense shot chart for this season and last season.

This was last season:
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2278905/sloanshooting.png

sdballer5588
02-15-2014, 03:05 PM
Yes, Lee is a terrible defender, but why are we pretending his offense is like some random thing you can just replicate and replace? Because they beat a hapless and hopelessly injured Nuggets team with him hobbled?

Day1086
02-15-2014, 03:45 PM
Yes, Lee is a terrible defender, but why are we pretending his offense is like some random thing you can just replicate and replace? Because they beat a hapless and hopelessly injured Nuggets team with him hobbled?

http://i.imgur.com/ml6n5yO.png

Nuggets were riding a 20 game home winning streak and only lost 3 games at home all season, easily best in the league.

Lol@ acting like beating nuggets wasn't a big and unexpected win. They didn't show signs of slowing without gallo

sdballer5588
02-15-2014, 03:57 PM
^ Yeah. You're right. Picking a 3 seed at home (with a crazy home advantage) vs a team led by David Lee (who was hurt) and Stephen Curry (who was battling ankle injuries) is nuts.

Are you fukking retarded? Lol @ posting analyst picks to ignore my point.

Poppingtags
02-15-2014, 05:06 PM
^ Yeah. You're right. Picking a 3 seed at home (with a crazy home advantage) vs a team led by David Lee (who was hurt) and Stephen Curry (who was battling ankle injuries) is nuts.

Are you fukking retarded? Lol @ posting analyst picks to ignore my point.

Did you not see him post that they were riding high with the big winning streak? I don't get why you are trying to downplay the upset. Lol at calling them "hapless and hopeless."

sdballer5588
02-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Did you not see him post that they were riding high with the big winning streak? I don't get why you are trying to downplay the upset. Lol at calling them "hapless and hopeless."

They were literally missing their best player vs a golden state squad that had their 2 better players hobbled. Who the fk would you have picked?

How does showing analysts picking the home team winning show anything? Rofl.

gswarrior510
02-15-2014, 05:26 PM
****ing lol at Galo being the best Nuggets player. 16/5/3 on 41% FG lmao.. are you mentally challenged?

sdballer5588
02-15-2014, 05:34 PM
****ing lol at Galo being the best Nuggets player. 16/5/3 on 41% FG lmao.. are you mentally challenged?

As opposed to..... ???? Ty Lawson ? Who averaged 16.7 2.9 6.9 on 46%, lol literally at worst he is their 1B player. Strong argument?

Ty Lawson couldn't guard ME 1 on 1.

Btw, they played 6 fkn games without Gallinari. Lol @ claiming that whole winstreak was without him. You clowns.

gswarrior510
02-15-2014, 05:39 PM
Iguodala is their best player, Ty and Manimal are 2a/2b.. Galo is 4a/4b with Chandler at best

sdballer5588
02-15-2014, 05:40 PM
Iguodala is their best player, Ty and Manimal are 2a/2b.. Galo is 4a/4b with Chandler at best

Hahahahahaahah what? Iguodala 13 5 5 on 45 31 57 FT%, 52% TS vs Gallinaris 56%

FIFTY SEVEN PERCENT from the line. Strong crunch time player right there.

ShweezyBTFO
02-16-2014, 12:18 PM

lol you stupid ***got. Everyone knows that Curry is going to break his ankle in a career-ending injury this year and you'll be one of the first golden gate jumpers to make it "splash"

Poppingtags
02-16-2014, 03:19 PM
lol you stupid ***got. Everyone knows that Curry is going to break his ankle in a career-ending injury this year and you'll be one of the first golden gate jumpers to make it "splash"

Why does this phaggot hate on curry so much? Don't understand the hate for him.

srom12
04-22-2014, 09:15 AM
ball dont lie