PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash: The Finish Line(video)

sdballer5588
02-13-2014, 11:45 AM
baR57TLvxhc

Count me in as a Nash fan. Sick video.

sarodr44
02-13-2014, 12:52 PM
baR57TLvxhc

Count me in as a Nash fan. Sick video.

Dat ass

Nash is the man

porcupinetree
02-13-2014, 01:21 PM
His dedication is definitely contagious.
But I think it's over for him. Good on him for giving it his all. That is a true hoss athlete. If he fails, he'll know he could not have done any better.
That workout footage was sick.
I feel for him. Gotta be tough to be at this stage, and knowing that your body just won't do it anymore.

I sort of know the feels. I used to play ball so much in my 20's. I wasn't great, but I could do things on the court and I was very confident in what I could do, and I just did it. Loved to play, loved to compete. Even if I didn't win, I played good.
When I was in my 30's, I suddenly just couldn't do the same things. I would try to do a move that I used to do in my sleep and it just didn't happen, with embarrassing results.
I still remember trying to pull a tough twisting reverse layup in a game, and air-balled it. I was shocked. It just wasn't there anymore. I even tried to practice it after the game. Couldn't do it.
Now? I don't even play anymore. Not in games. I hate the egoes and the rough play. It just isn't fun anymore.
I'd like to think that I can still play, but without even practicing much, I know better. I can still shoot jumpshots and pass, but not much else.
And when I say jump, I mean my feet leave the floor for about .00002 seconds.

porcupinetree
02-13-2014, 01:29 PM
That part in the video where Nash says that he can play well for one game a week, but not 3.5

That's how it was when Jeff Hornacek retired. The next year he would periodically show up for Jazz practice and just tear it up.
Stockton and Malone started talking seriously that he needed to come back.
Jeff said "no say. Easy to do that once in a while. But for 82 game? Not a chance."

Even watching Stockton's last year, I didn't want him to retire. I felt like he had one more good year left in him. But he knew when to stop. Sure he could still do great things and pull off amazing plays. He could still shoot and score. But he couldn't guard anyone, and the level of play was just going down, slowly but surely. Malone couldn't dominate anymore either. They could still play, but not at the top of the elite level.
It happens to everyone athlete. It's up to them to realize it and decide when it's time to walk away.

Maybe it was good that Stockton left when he did. It would be so tough and painful to watch him go through what Nash is doing now.

CurryTech777
02-13-2014, 01:40 PM
i dont think the general public realizes how much those shots hurt.

ShweezyBTFO
02-13-2014, 01:50 PM
we all know CCBoxscore is a nash fan because:

1. obvious reasons

2. Robbed GOATbe of an MVP

-Jassako

lolgreg
02-13-2014, 01:53 PM
Heart will be broken when he retires.

sdballer5588
02-13-2014, 02:07 PM
If you're a fan of basketball, this video is a serious feel trip, especially if you've played.