PDA

View Full Version : LeBron to the Clippers next season = dynasty

Suit
02-13-2014, 01:11 AM
PG - CP3
SG - JJ
SF - LeBron
PF - Blake
C - Really doesn't matter at this point.

This lineup = twice as good as the current heat.

HankScorp1o
02-13-2014, 01:12 AM
tfw you log onto sports misc and the very first thread you see is a whole new level of potato and fantasyland musings

sn24
02-13-2014, 01:13 AM
I thought us laker fans dreamed a lot lol

HumptyBrah
02-13-2014, 01:16 AM
1 Steph Curry
2 Klay Thompson
3 Andre Iguodala
4 Kevin Love
5 Andrew Bogut

> poverty Clips

Suit
02-13-2014, 01:20 AM
tfw you log onto sports misc and the very first thread you see is a whole new level of potato and fantasyland musings

I thought us laker fans dreamed a lot lol

Doc Rivers
CP3
Los Angeles

waisoserious
02-13-2014, 01:22 AM
this would be great. it would be the leagues best floppers all centralized in the clippers. it woudl be way easier to hate

Suit
02-13-2014, 01:28 AM
this would be great. it would be the leagues best floppers all centralized in the clippers. it woudl be way easier to hate

http://cdn.cosbysweaters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/flop-city-300x187.gif

http://thesportsgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/FloppersRegular.png

Lb54TG
02-13-2014, 05:50 AM
Chris Paul would have to go..

Lebron wouldn't play well on a team with a true point guard. That or Chris Paul would need to change up his game. One of them would have to be the ball handler. And it can't be Chris Paul because lebron isn't that great of a catch and shooter. He's learned to play off the ball great, but not as a catch and shooter.

But take Paul out, put lebron in and they would win a lot of fukkin games.

JetLife21
02-13-2014, 07:54 AM
It would have to be a sign and trade so say bye-bye to Blake.

neighborr
02-13-2014, 08:03 AM
would lol HARD if lbj left to join another superstar squad. legacy will forever be tainted

SighGR
02-13-2014, 09:55 AM
1 Steph Curry
2 Klay Thompson
3 Andre Iguodala
4 Kevin Love
5 Andrew Bogut

> poverty Clips
Love has a worse post game than Lee. They wouldnt be better, adding another three pt shooter

montecarlo
02-13-2014, 12:52 PM

you mean cp3

lebron+griffin>lebron+cp3

brb lebron, bosh and griffin new big 3.

brb_ballin
02-13-2014, 12:57 PM

move DeAndre and his 11 mill and Dudley and his 4mill they're fine.

CP3 - Bron - Blake would be their big 3.

still don't see it happening.

FGCHENG
02-13-2014, 01:00 PM
Kyle Lowry to Pacers = Dynasty

Lowry/ Lance Stephenson/ PG24/ David West/ Hibbert

Bench: George Hill/ Luis Scola/ Granger /Bynum

montecarlo
02-13-2014, 01:00 PM

lebron playing with a high salary point guard is literally the biggest ****ing waste of money ever.

j_to_the
02-13-2014, 01:01 PM
would lol HARD if lbj left to join another superstar squad. legacy will forever be tainted

I completely disagree.

But I want to hear why you think this.

Blax0r
02-13-2014, 01:07 PM
1 Steph Curry
2 Klay Thompson
3 Andre Iguodala
4 Kevin Love
5 Andrew Bogut

> poverty Clips

How bout this lol:

1 Steph Curry
2 Klay Thompson
3 Lebron James
4 David Lee
5 Andrew Bogut

cor030
02-13-2014, 01:15 PM
Lbj gonna team up with Kemba and Charlotte gonna take home both ships in 2015

Suit
02-13-2014, 01:15 PM
I completely disagree.

But I want to hear why you think this.

MJ was drafted to the bulls, by the bulls.

He had a team built around him.

LeBron is going to already studded teams.

sdballer5588
02-13-2014, 01:16 PM

Lol so it means more when a fantasy team is built where you were drafted? That makes no sense.

j_to_the
02-13-2014, 01:23 PM

Jordan had a team built around him... Exactly. Yes, he did. That's called good ownership. The Cavs didn't build sh!t. Coincidence Kyrie wants out too?

I guess I'm wondering why people think LeBron's legacy will tainted.. People always tend to bring up Jordan or Magic or whomever from back in the day. Not only has the game changed, but each of those guys had pillars surrounding them as well. The point is to win Championships - can you blame a guy or tarnish his legacy for that? Seems pretty smart to me.

SompletelyCober
02-13-2014, 01:34 PM
Kareem is the GOAT and he won a ring in Milwaukee then went to LA and won five more.

LeBron just carrying on tradition.

FAZRLMdHiMc

Suit
02-13-2014, 01:48 PM
Lol so it means more when a fantasy team is built where you were drafted? That makes no sense.

Jordan had a team built around him... Exactly. Yes, he did. That's called good ownership. The Cavs didn't build sh!t. Coincidence Kyrie wants out too?

I guess I'm wondering why people think LeBron's legacy will tainted.. People always tend to bring up Jordan or Magic or whomever from back in the day. Not only has the game changed, but each of those guys had pillars surrounding them as well. The point is to win Championships - can you blame a guy or tarnish his legacy for that? Seems pretty smart to me.

Instead of being true to where you are at and having roleplayers built around, he joined a team that already had runs at the ship.

You don't see the difference of being the center-piece and foundation vs just joining another stacked team as is?

neighborr
02-13-2014, 01:52 PM

Not sure if srs...you don't see even the slightest issue with one of the best players to ever play just team hopping around to whichever team is hot every few years? Take off the fanboy goggles for a second. I'm not gonna argue with a potato salad about this.

j_to_the
02-13-2014, 01:56 PM
Instead of being true to where you are at and having roleplayers built around, he joined a team that already had runs at the ship.

You don't see the difference of being the center-piece and foundation vs just joining another stacked team as is?

So should he have stayed with a dead organization?

I get what you are saying to an extent, but look at guys on low-to-mid-major markets --- they can't do it alone. If management can't bring in guys, and the point is to win, why stay? Loyalty? pfffffffffffffft..

And let's be honest, when you are as dominant as LBJ, you are the centerpiece and foundation.. regardless if you moved.

Suit
02-13-2014, 01:57 PM

I get what you are saying to an extent, but look at guys on low-to-mid-major markets --- they can't do it alone. If management can't bring in guys, and the point is to win, why stay? Loyalty? pfffffffffffffft..

And let's be honest, when you are as dominant as LBJ, you are the centerpiece and foundation.. regardless if you moved.

Jordan did.

Were the Cavs really dead when he was on it? Didn't they have multiple runs and lost the ship?

j_to_the
02-13-2014, 02:01 PM
Not sure if srs...you don't see even the slightest issue with one of the best players to ever play just team hopping around to whichever team is hot every few years? Take off the fanboy goggles for a second. I'm not gonna argue with a potato salad about this.

My point isn't to argue, brah.. I wanted to hear a legit response. Call it team hopping, but that's the business of pro sports - especially in bball. Why would you want to go somewhere or stay somewhere you can't win?

neighborr
02-13-2014, 02:02 PM

Yes, but this argument that works with the Cavs goes out the window when applying it to LBJ leaving the heat. Are the heat a small-market dead organization? fk no lol.

And even if LBJ is the centerpiece wherever he goes, the team wasn't built like that. Jordan was the centerpiece that bulls were built from. Joining superstar teams and being slightly better than the others already there does not qualify

montecarlo
02-13-2014, 02:05 PM
Jordan did.

Were the Cavs really dead when he was on it? Didn't they have multiple runs and lost the ship?

urine idiot.

j_to_the
02-13-2014, 02:06 PM
Jordan did.

Jordan was there 2 or 3 years and then had Pippen and Grant. LBJ was in Cleveland for 7 (?) years and never had sh!t.

The Cavs were alive b/c of LeBron .. and had multiple runs b/c of LeBron. Really quite impressive he had that many runs if you look back at those rosters.. yikes.

anyway, not here to hate or argue or whatever - I just was curious on how jumping teams kills a legacy. and I don't think there's been a good reason why.

j_to_the
02-13-2014, 02:10 PM
Yes, but this argument that works with the Cavs goes out the window when applying it to LBJ leaving the heat. Are the heat a small-market dead organization? fk no lol.

And even if LBJ is the centerpiece wherever he goes, the team wasn't built like that. Jordan was the centerpiece that bulls were built from. Joining superstar teams and being slightly better than the others already there does not qualify

You're right... IF he leaves.

And again, you're right -- but if LBJ couldn't stay in Cleveland -- nothing can be built like the Bulls. Gotta give props to Chicago and their front office, they can build.

JetLife21
02-13-2014, 02:17 PM

You are crazy if you think Lebron will give up his bird rights and just outright sign with a new team. He already stands to make less on his new deal because of the discount he took when he first joined the Heat. He's not about to lose out on a lot more money and the Heat aren't going to accept some trash like deandre back in exchange for agreeing to the sign and trade.

Griffin goes to the Heat if Lebron goes to Hollywood.

and they wouldn't be able to sign him after only moving those 2 anyway. It would put their salary at around 57 million before signing Lebron and you can't sign a player above the MLE if it puts you over the luxury which Lebron's would.

SighGR
02-13-2014, 02:24 PM
Jordan was there 2 or 3 years and then had Pippen and Grant. LBJ was in Cleveland for 7 (?) years and never had sh!t.

The Cavs were alive b/c of LeBron .. and had multiple runs b/c of LeBron. Really quite impressive he had that many runs if you look back at those rosters.. yikes.

anyway, not here to hate or argue or whatever - I just was curious on how jumping teams kills a legacy. and I don't think there's been a good reason why.
Completely ignorant. The Cavs built their team around Lebron. They surrounded him with rebounders, and 3 pt shooters. You people like to act like he was playing with scrubs, when they had players who fit their role.

supman160
02-13-2014, 03:12 PM
Or Chris Bosh to the Clippers for Blake Griffin. There's not really any advantage of Lebron leaving Miami for LA. When you consider the clips would most likely have to give up Blake Griffin or CP3 to get him. Doc Rivers isn't that much better of a coach than Erik Spoelstra either.

neighborr
02-13-2014, 03:15 PM
Or Chris Bosh to the Clippers for Blake Griffin. There's not really any advantage of Lebron leaving Miami for LA. When you consider the clips would most likely have to give up Blake Griffin or CP3 to get him. Doc Rivers isn't that much better of a coach than Erik Spoelstra either.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/captain-jet-gives-up-nfl-fan-gifs.gif

anxietybrah
02-13-2014, 03:21 PM
Lebron switching teams once again is not going to look good. I doubt Lebron is stupid enough to do that. He will finish in Miami.

02-13-2014, 04:14 PM

This. Lebron is in a good situation and has Pat Riley building the rosters. Leaving cleveland wasn't that bad because they are such a dysfunctional franchise that he should've left earlier, but he's got a good thing in Miami with a mastermind at the helm.

HelloDurr
02-13-2014, 04:24 PM
Flop city ..... Flop flop. Like fish on dry land.

Flop flop

TexasMajor
02-13-2014, 04:30 PM
Lebron switching teams once again is not going to look good. I doubt Lebron is stupid enough to do that. He will finish in Miami.

I disagree.

If he switches teams and wins with a whole different starting lineup, the whole "I'm taking my talents to South Beach" and the "not 1, not 2....." incidents will be washed away.

It would be stupid to leave Miami though. The city itself is pure HNNNNG and Pat Riley is a genius. I don't see him leaving.

nvrstopworking
02-13-2014, 05:01 PM
Completely ignorant. The Cavs built their team around Lebron. They surrounded him with rebounders, and 3 pt shooters. You people like to act like he was playing with scrubs, when they had players who fit their role.

You serious?

Not a single all-star among them and pretty much every player he played with became even MORE of a scrub after he left.

Babyframes
02-13-2014, 05:08 PM

Yeah. They were so good they had a record breaking losing streak the very next year after he left. We didn't say ****. The record did.

TexasMajor
02-13-2014, 05:18 PM
Not a single all-star among them and pretty much every player he played with became even MORE of a scrub after he left.

Who were Ben Wallace, Big Z, and Mo Will?

Lebron also played with Shannon Brown in '07. Lakers picked him up in '08 and was a part of that championship run.

Do you think before you post?

whitepaper
02-13-2014, 05:22 PM
Kyle Lowry to Pacers = Dynasty

Lowry/ Lance Stephenson/ PG24/ David West/ Hibbert

Bench: George Hill/ Luis Scola/ Granger /Bynum

What sort of witch craft doth thou speaketh!?

sdballer5588
02-13-2014, 05:24 PM

Lebron also played with Shannon Brown in '07. Lakers picked him up in '08 and was a part of that championship run.

I think you convinced yourself all those guys are good. It's hilarious lol

SighGR
02-13-2014, 05:26 PM
Yeah. They were so good they had a record breaking losing streak the very next year after he left. We didn't say ****. The record did.
Different coach, No shaq, Z, or Delonte, Varejao hurt almost the entire year, Mo was injured then was traded for out of shape Baron Davis.

Put Lebron on the 2011 Mavs, and you people would be talking about how he didn't have enough talent to win.

TexasMajor
02-13-2014, 05:36 PM
I think you convinced yourself all those guys are good. It's hilarious lol

Reading comprehension skills......you have none

Wallace, Z, and Mo were All-Stars. Were they not?

Shannon Brown played with the Cavaliers in '07, did he not? Shannon Brown was picked by the Lakers in '08, was he not? Shannon Brown played a very important role coming off the bench playing with the Lakers, did he not?

Do I have to break everything down so you can understand things, dummy?

sdballer5588
02-13-2014, 05:37 PM
Reading comprehension skills......you have none

Wallace, Z, and Mo were All-Stars. Were they not?

Shannon Brown played with the Cavaliers in '07, did he not? Shannon Brown was picked by the Lakers in '08, was he not? Shannon Brown played a very important role coming off the bench playing with the Lakers, did he not?

Do I have to break everything down so you can understand things, dummy?

Being at all star at one point in your career =/= being an all star with lebron.

Sorry dude. We both know what straw you're grasping at. And we both know you think you're rustling jimmies, but all you are doing is lowering the collective IQ of this thread.

cor030
02-13-2014, 05:40 PM
why the fuk does any of that matter?

he's won 2 championships as the obvious best player on his team. who gives a flying fukk about what happened in cleveland now?

sdballer5588
02-13-2014, 05:41 PM

he's won 2 championships as the obvious best player on his team. who gives a flying fukk about what happened in cleveland now?

for kobe stans the fight is never over. Ever.

TexasMajor
02-13-2014, 05:50 PM

The only people who don't give a flying fck about what happened in Cleveland are Lebron lap dogs.

Why wouldn't you care about seeing Lebron get swept by Tim Duncan and the Spurs. That shiitt was HILARIOUS.

anxietybrah
02-13-2014, 05:52 PM

He would have won 3 if he had accepted obviously not being the best player on the team in 2011.

cor030
02-13-2014, 06:38 PM
The only people who don't give a flying fck about what happened in Cleveland are Lebron lap dogs.

Why wouldn't you care about seeing Lebron get swept by Tim Duncan and the Spurs. That shiitt was HILARIOUS.

I'm a LeBron lapdog because I have moved on from something that happened several years ago? because I acknowledge LeBron has without question been the best player on the Heat for quite a while?

I have no horse in the race. I'm barely even a basketball fan and the only time I'll watch the NBE is when there are two big markets facing each other because the chances said game will be rigged are less.

I'm not saying he's the best player in the NBA. I think a strong case could be made for both LBJ & Durant. I just don't understand why it's so difficult to just sit back and enjoy the fact we get to watch two guys cement their place in history as two of the greatest players to ever play the sport.

TexasMajor
02-13-2014, 06:40 PM
I'm a LeBron lapdog because I have moved on from something that happened several years ago?

Yes.

I'm barely even a basketball fan

.....and we're done here.

SighGR
02-13-2014, 06:44 PM
Being at all star at one point in your career =/= being an all star with lebron.

Mo was an all star with Lebron.

Shaq was an all star the year before, and averaged 17 and 8.

He would have won 3 if he had accepted obviously not being the best player on the team in 2011.
Because the gap wasn't big then. The only reason Lebron took over the team, is because Wade got hurt

02-13-2014, 06:46 PM

I know you're talking about all stars, but one thing people tend to forget is that in cleveland lebron didn't really have a great #2 option player like many other greats have had. He was provided with SOME decent role players, but the teams still weren't well assembled and most of his teammates weren't great.

Hoop_Dreams
02-13-2014, 07:45 PM
1 Steph Curry
2 Klay Thompson
3 Andre Iguodala
4 Kevin Love
5 Andrew Bogut

> poverty Clips
hnnnnnnggggggg

lebron playing with a high salary point guard is literally the biggest ****ing waste of money ever.
/thread

all Bron needs at the 1 is someone who can make open 3's.

aal04
02-13-2014, 07:51 PM
PG - CP3
SG - JJ
SF - LeBron
PF - Blake
C - Really doesn't matter at this point.

http://replygif.net/i/1160.gif

http://replygif.net/i/1040.gif

jsmoor09
02-13-2014, 07:52 PM
Chris Paul would have to go..

Lebron wouldn't play well on a team with a true point guard. That or Chris Paul would need to change up his game. One of them would have to be the ball handler. And it can't be Chris Paul because lebron isn't that great of a catch and shooter. He's learned to play off the ball great, but not as a catch and shooter.

But take Paul out, put lebron in and they would win a lot of fukkin games.

I think this would be a legit issue. You'd really diminish one or the other's effectiveness as a playmaker.

JetLife21
02-14-2014, 06:50 AM
I think this would be a legit issue. You'd really diminish one or the other's effectiveness as a playmaker.

People said the same thing about Bron and Wade and they worked out just fine. CP3 is a better spot-up shooter than Wade so I don't see why a CP3/Lebron duo couldn't work either. Both have elite bball iq so they would make it work and they would be damn good.

sdballer5588
02-14-2014, 06:54 AM
Mo was an all star with Lebron.

Shaq was an all star the year before, and averaged 17 and 8.

Because the gap wasn't big then. The only reason Lebron took over the team, is because Wade got hurt

Mo was an injury replacement. Shaq was not an all star with LeBron.

Mo Williams literally needed TWO players to get hurt. Nelson got hurt, but Ray Allen replaced him, then Bosh couldn't go so Mo Williams FINALLY got the nod

Rofl

Williams wasn't voted in by the fans, nor was he chosen by Eastern Conference head coaches as a reserve. Then he was passed over by Stern in favor of Boston's Ray Allen, who is replacing injured Orlando guard Jameer Nelson on the roster.

Dan Gilbert basically penned a comic sans letter to the league to get him in.

THAT is LeBrons only all star teammate in Cleveland. Absolutely hilarious.

ToPHeR35
02-14-2014, 09:21 AM
OP, did you even bother to see if this was a financially viable option first? I don't think so...