PDA

View Full Version : chia seeds

MuscleHead36
02-12-2014, 08:15 PM
Ok so I just added this to my diet and it seems that it keeps me full longer. Does any one here use them and if so can you give me some insight on what to use them in. I just bought this whole grain grain oatnut bread. Is this a good source of carbs?

cls91
02-12-2014, 08:20 PM
Not really such thing as a 'good' or 'bad' source of carbs without the context of your whole diet. There are certain carbs that contain more nutrients (ie. veggies) than others (ie. refined sugars), but that doesn't mean that you have to confine yourself to just one or the other.

And chia seeds have a lot of nutrients; if you enjoy them and you find they keep you full longer, then keep eating them. I personally have some but don't eat them too often...when I do I usually mix them in with yogurt. You could also add to a shake..or just about anything else really.

gbullock32
02-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Enjoy mixing them in my oats on occasion, add a nice texture; don't buy them too often though.

YoungEx20
02-12-2014, 11:17 PM
Ok so I just added this to my diet and it seems that it keeps me full longer. Does any one here use them and if so can you give me some insight on what to use them in. I just bought this whole grain grain oatnut bread. Is this a good source of carbs?
Chia seeds are rich in fats and fiber. Not really so in non-fiberous carbs. They're also rich in some micronutrients like phosphorus, manganese and calcium. Mix them in yogurt, add to smoothies or shakes for texture and sometimes I might mix a little bit in coconut rice for texture or really any starchy foods needing texture. As for your second question, not sure what's in the bread without knowing the ingredients.

seanfinn01
02-13-2014, 12:28 AM
Chia seeds are incredible at absorbing fluids. I make a 'pudding' of sorts by putting 25g in with about 1/2 cup milk, leave in the fridge for a few hours and the top as you please. =)

MuscleHead36
02-14-2014, 05:05 PM
Ingredients in the whole grain oatnut bread
whole white wheat flour, unbleached enriched wheat flour, malted barley, reduced iron, niacin, thamin mononitrate, (vitamin b1) riboflavin, water, sugar, oats, yeast, wheat gluten, hazelnuts, soybean oil,, salt, sunflower seeds, calcium, monoglycerides, datem, calcium sulfate, grain vinegar, citric acid, soy lecithin, calcium carbonate,(nuts, walnuts and or almonds),whey, soy flour, nonfat milk,